Have any of you seen Man in the High Castle, The? What did you think of the weapons depicted?

Have any of you seen Man in the High Castle, The? What did you think of the weapons depicted?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Mohs/OneBigLie
youtube.com/watch?v=HW-C8KJ5Pr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would i watch the literal "Muh natzis" propaganda?

Like shit i am a shitty slav but i am sick of this shit. No fan of Nazi Germany but it was a better option than working with communists who mass raped and murdered us

It's worth the watch because the "negatives" of the Nazi society are so comic book evil and tacked on it's laughable.

pic tangentially related

>it's all an alternate reality and there are dozens of alternate realities
>at one point a character finds footage of the allies winning ww2 from another reality

The second I read this I dropped it as everyone else should have.

What's wrong with multiverse theory?

Is your autism too severe to tolerate that old fashioned science fiction trope?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Mohs/OneBigLie

Perhaps you should join the youth in Asia?

>thinly veiled Sup Forums thread.

There are hardly any unique weapons used, much less any in depth look at them

No thanks. I cringe at the idea of some slavaboo commie watching it and only confirming his shitty beliefs.

Communists were traitors of their people.

I did enjoy seeing all the Nazis running around with MP5s, as would be appropriate in the 60s.

It's more about the American resistance. The Nazis are still the bad guys, with occasional moments where you rot for the Germans against the Japs.

It's really not like that, which you might know if you 1) read the book 2) watched the show 3) weren't a simpering Sup Forums retard working yourself into a fury over a tv show

This, seriously. Take it to a different board.

I applied for a janitor position for this board and didn't get it just so shit like this thread could continue to exist.

3rd
thank you for your service

I read the book and there was none of this multiverse bullshit. it's just that there's an alternate history book in this alternate history scenario which depicts an alternate history scenario where allies win the war. that's a bout it tho.

The set direction in the Nazi states looks like something out of Danger 5. There are swastikas on almost literally everything. I was expecting to see the swastika plug outlet on the walls.

>le autism meme

gud 1 m8

>Have you seen Man in the High Castle

Yeah, it's basically the equivalent of Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

You go in expecting an action/war show, but it's all just diplomatic political bullshit with like 10 minutes of /k/.

>I haven't actually seen it and just judged it because I'm a butthurt faggot
It's not really, Nazis are the bad guys because obviously they're occupying burgerland. I wouldn't want anyone taking over my goddamn country.

>I wouldn't want anyone taking over my goddamn country
Too late, America was already taken over long before you were born. If America wasn't taken over we wouldn't even have been in WW2.

Get over it, you lost, your beloved Reich is dead and will never come back.
Do it again Bomber Harris. Dresden best day of my life, remove kraut from premises. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine.
USA! USA! USA!

taken over by whom? explain, i haven't been made privy to that memo

The prop guys are aware of this but if you take a look at ww2 Germany they really did throw up the eagle and swastika on a lot of things. The railway ticket lady, the Red Cross workers, the post office lady.

youtube.com/watch?v=HW-C8KJ5Pr8

It's probably the only show that can make you unironically cheer for actual Nazis

It was da joos I tells ya!

I'm not too happy about the guns really.

I know it's set in 1962 so the G3 was made then and the Mp5 they use came in 1966 so close enough but I would have really preferred if they had used STG-44's and MP-40's. Maybe modernized a bit/fleshed out. All the stationary guards are using k98's.

Really don't like the Japenese using the M2 Browning on that roof in the last season. that put me off but I guess the prop guys blew all their money on leather uniforms for John Smith.

I absolutely love it. The heavy use of HK's weapons is decently realistic and the Dragonov they showed was the only thing that really bothered me. But I suppose they could have arrived at such a weapon after the capture of Russian engineers.

I really like that they use Strichtarn for the American Reich troops, it just seems decently realistic and a good move for the prop master/costume designer.

>but also, fuck this show. It turned me into a fucking Wehrboo

> All the stationary guards are using k98's.
Kinda makes sense desu. In Europe a lot of police forces kept using bolt actions that were phased out by the military.

Plus they are typically in positions to look aesthetic rather than be an effective guard.

S E X Y - A E S T H E T I C S