What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Used to be an enjoying show now half the dialog is barely watchable.

Why is it a utterly boring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_fA1nAFAYOI
m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=pb7f3-jhApg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They probably realised they don't need to try anymore and will still get great ratings

It why is it so boring?

It seems like watching paint dry would be more entertaining than watching parts of this show.

It’s as if it was designed to be as boring as possible.

They clearly have no interest in giving any personality to the dialogue anymore. Everyone is just spouting exposition at this point

Each scene is made solely for Twitter reactions. They all end with some memorable gap quip.

My favorite part of GoT is when there's a 30 second close up of Dany's face looking like she's constipated. I hope we get more, 30 of these scenes in the past couple seasons certainly are not enough

>What went wrong?

It's impossible to fully answer this without writing a massive essay so I'll just go with the two most central reasons, among the multitude of them:

1) After the red wedding became such a huge deal, GOT started to become "event television", which means people started watching it at parties and get-togethers. Since the primary way to watch GOT became an event, the way the show was written was changed to capitalize on this phenomenon. D&D started writing it not as a serial narrative, but instead as a "show" in the true sense of the word. Since people are watching GOT in a party atmosphere, the show had to be re-tailored to better fit that kind of setting. That's why all the dialogue is very basic and straightforward now, and why there aren't any more prolonged scenes of pure character interaction with depth and nuance. You can't really engage with stuff like that when you're at a party and drinking with your friends and the chick next to you with the purple hair is screaming "YAAAASSSSLLLLAAAAYYYY" into your ear. You also can't have any non-action scenes that go on for longer than 5 minutes or people will get bored. So the show now feels scattered and schizophrenic, with it jumping from character to character every few minutes and all the dialogue being either exposition or "epic" statements clearly designed to be a part of an Emmy nomination sizzle reel.

The opening Greyjoy scene was pathetic. Trying way too hard to be 'cool'.

So who rates these shows 8.9/10?

The opening was so predictable when she told the girl not to drink.

2) D&D ran out of books. As much as people shit on Martin (and often rightfully so, especially with how hard Dance dropped the ball and how it doesn't look like Winds is coming within the next half-decade), he knows how to write something with just the right amount of foreshadowing and suggestion to be engaging and keep you on your toes. That's why there are so many ASOIAF fan theories, because Martin alludes to an obscene number of significant events and motivations going on just behind what we read. D&D, on the other hand, are much more straightforward thinkers. As soon as the show started to eclipse the books, all the characters in the story started shedding their layers of gray and subtlety, until we end up where we are now with clear, obvious heroes and clear, obvious villains to oppose them. D&D can't write characters with whom you can naturally engage and empathize with, so they basically just walk up and tell you who's good and bad instead.

The hound the only semi-likable character in this episode.

All others seem to be stripped of any personality.

This.

Why do they keep trying to force those scenes. She physically doesn't have that stoic look about her, she just looks retardedly vacant and like you said, constipated

The entire episode was setting up shit with obvious outcomes. Yet for some reason done REALLY SLOW

It was predictable as soon as he said it was their second feast within the fortnight.

This is the entire show. The whole season feels like a giant almost orgasm but then the girl quits sucking right before you finish.

are you fucking retarded? It was obvious from the very first moment old harry potter janitor appears on the screen.

Eh. Not really. Could've been a flash back.

D&D destroyed it.

indians being paid in dogecoin

>the current year
>stronk independent woman
>yasssss queen
>shit eating montage

do you really need to ask what's going on?

so you are retarded.

Bu the time the shit montage was over anyone who wasn't aware that this season is going to be 100% propaganda/social engineering is really really dense.

The two hacks in charge ran out of original source material and tried to one up GRRM, they're not GRRM. Plain and simple, it's just 2 hacks that contradict the story line flow left and right.
This. I knew it right away when I realized the episode started somehow without the opening playing, then I knew everyone will get poisoned and the women wont as it would hurt the tubmlrinas and twatters if the women got it to no ends.
Yea, the hound was pretty good, redemption arc, but again, they got the idea of the grave digger from GRRM, but it fit pretty well how they did it instead. They really aren't that creative when you think about it, that scene alone tells you they need something to work with, when they pull something that's all them, it's half ass totally, if they get an idea from the books, it comes out ok. They really are hacks when it comes to getting creative.
Well they did strip the season of 3 episodes, it's rushed. The morons should have just made each episode 1hr20min or so and fleshed out the scenes some more, you're on set filming, just fluff it up a bit more for the storyline.

It's basically just The Walking Dead with a bigger budget now

99,5% of people watching the show is in their beds/sofas eating chips. Don't assume that everyone except you go out to bars to watch the show, just because your autistic jimmies are rustled by the fact that people socialize

They went for the "that was hella f*cking epic" BuzzFeed audience. And to be fair, they ran out or source material, and Dance of Dragons and Feast for Crows are not very good either.

>The morons should have just made each episode 1hr20min

The episodes are expensive enough as it is. Try pitching that idea to HBO while telling them their current strategy which has been cheaper and solid for them isn't the route to take.

youtube.com/watch?v=_fA1nAFAYOI

This.

Hipsters destroy everything.

This made me want to off myself.
Why are white people like this??

Game of Thrones stopped being entertaining as soon as Ned died.

What the fuck, I have never hated white people more then I do now. Spoiler this shit in the future. We are reaching levels of faggotry that shouldn't even be possible.

because they pander to plebs now. plebs are easily amused by cliches, memes, and one liners. Everything else is just a set up for these moments

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

they ran out of books worth turning into a tv show. the first 3 books are good, affc and adwd unfilmable trash

unfilmable maybe, but not entirely awful to read

wtf is wrong with americans

You've grown out of it. You're more self-aware of the flaws in this series now that you've watched so many fucking hours of it. You've changed as a person, the collective consciousness has grown.

That's fucking it. The show is not that drastically different from Season 1. It's you that's changed.

Last season was such a state that this episode was better (but I see the shit cgi for no reason is still present).

But yeah it was fucking boring. Nothing significant in the least happened. The opener was super predictable (the faces thing is still stupid) and there basically isn't an interesting plot line or character left.

Last season and this are such a far cry from what I liked about the show, just in completely different ways.

People on Sup Forums are just literally whining about everything about this show because they're afraid to say they just kind of enjoy it. It doesn't come near the the other top HBO shows when it comes to depth, but it's an enjoyable watch nonetheless.

If you really think it's not enjoyable, why bother watching it and posting on how boring it is?

>The two hacks in charge ran out of original source material and tried to one up GRRM, they're not GRRM. Plain and simple, it's just 2 hacks that contradict the story line flow left and right.

They think they're making Medieval Sopranos or Mad Men so they didn't want to "stretch things out" as if it's an artifact that must fit into the modern standards of "prestige dramas"

>It doesn't come near the the other top HBO shows
it's better than anything except true detective season 1

I hate fat people

Why are you describing Better Call Saul in a GoT thread?

What's

>Six Feet Under
>Sopranos
>The Wire
>BoB

?

I hate liberals so much

>S7E1
>8.9/10 IMDb

What's wrong with IMDb?

cersei or hoever you spell her name, her acting and dialog were abysmal
she just did these really awkard childish glances like every 5 seconds, it was so bad it became distracting

the hound still remains as best well acted cast member, with the most character development and not ass backwards writing that flips character development or drops it for some garbage tier plot point

>you now remember Varys and Littlefingers conversations in Season 1 & 2

I wanna cum inside the fat chick with the glasses.

I never considered that D7D might actually think GoT is still on the level of the Sopranos or Mad Men. It's certainly praised as such, maybe they genuinely think it is

Only liberals can make everything good they touch turn it into shit.

GoT, like all the "new golden age of television" stuff, has always struck me as basically pulp fiction with a veneer of art. It's fundamentally based on exploiting the pleb's reaction of becoming stimulated when witnessing sex, violence, and edginess (antiheroes, glorification of the Machiavellian and violent, etc.). Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the idea that any of these shows are art is rather absurd.

>arya says leaving her alive was a mistake
>purposely leaves women freys alive

what did she mean by this

Reminder that GoT will never be as good as Rome.
Yes, S2 of Rome was truncated and rushed, but they did pretty well given the awful circumstances they were in.

How did she copy his voice?
I get his face, but the voice?

I don't know if she actually liked Wälder. Just an old guy who forced her to marry him then fucked her probabably. Though that's just speculation and it did seem really stupid when such a contradiction happens so closely.

It might have something to do with it, but the drop of quality is objectively there. Just compare action scenes and dialogues between season 1 and 6, you'll see.

How does Arya emulate the voice of an elderly man as a little girl?

Man I read all the books except Dances with Dragons or whatever.

But Arya doing that stupid disguise and killing all the Freys... It just seems like the show jumped the shark. Like that shit was ridiculous.

Does any of that happen in the book.

What about stature? Idk how tall Walder Frey is meant to be, but he has to be taller than some mishappen midget.

>whitehairedfu is there again

>Who reviews this
Jews and paid shills

You can argue that the women Freys being left alive is a fate worse than death.

The entire male line of the family has been exterminated, leaving them defenseless (good luck organizing a military defense with women). The women will be at the complete mercy of unscrupulous nobles wanting to use them as chess pieces, or vengeful and angry Riverland commoners who will gang rape and lynch them.

Fuckin magnets ok?

Stay in your general

no they're just normies who 10/10 anything they like without thinking

Books aren't there yet. Arya is still training with the faceless men

>desperately looking for Dragon Glass
>not riding straight for the place called Dragonstone to have a look around

What about the walking dead walking shots so we know they are still LE SLOW APPROACHING THREAT

>no they're just normies who 10/10 anything they like without thinking
I fucking hate when people do this.
No your fucking Hollywood blockbuster that you liked probably does not deserve a 9.7/10. Scores like that should be reserved for the greatest few films ever made.

>Snad Sneks
>Evil, obsessed Stannis
>YASS QUEN SLAAYY
>Subtle moral judgment over characters
>Drunk, funny, two dimensional Tyrion

D&D fucking ruined the source material.

>Does any of that happen in the book.
No.
By the time of ADWD, some of the senior Freys are in the North to help the Boltons fend off an invasion lead by Stannis the Mannis. The impending Baratheon - Bolton/Frey War is one of the most popular plotlines by virtue of Stannis being based as fuck and taking numbers.

And then there's Blackfish, who escapes Riverrun and is likely leading a rebellion against the Freys still based in the Riverlands.

Yes, you read that right. Stannis the Mannis and Blackfish are still alive in the books.
The books are clearly better in every way, even with all of their flaws and GRRM's laziness.

>Two characters talk about things we already know other character

>Next scene is that character talking about other character

>etc

>ed sheeran sings party rockers in the house

>dany approaches a thing and says something cool like "my turn"

>and your OTHER dragonglass

gunshot, fade to black

but for an orgasm it has to feel good first.

fuck I hate television

Wtf i love white genocide now

Totally what happened. Agreed. However there are quite a lot of scene of stuff that is good for gifs or even memeing. The goal of every scene is to generate buzz. Discussions.

God that woman can't act. I wonder how she became a top actress.

Rated it one, give me a cookie please.

D&D can't write. GRRM did that for them. They're good at using a large budget though.

The Hound's "redemption" arc is cliché, but at this point I perk up when he's on screen because it's one of the only character arcs in which the development has been consistent and makes sense. Hopefully there will be a satisfying payoff

Contrast that with Jaime who logically should have had his drop Cersei moment 2 seasons ago, but is perfectly okay with her blowing up a quarter of the city/innocents despite being the man tht sacrificed his honor and reputation in order to carry out a thankless murder and save thousands

I actually realized yesterday that I don't even pay attention to this while watching it. I just look at my phone because I'm not interested in the meaningless scene. Basically I just enter "zombie mode" until something big happens

>youtube.com/watch?v=_fA1nAFAYOI
They must have a tad lower than 100.

Together.

I think this series could still be alright if the dialogue wouldnt be so awful. also they try way too hard to be muh epic in every scene.

stopped caring about this pile of shite. even CIA is just some random cuckboy now.

Neo feminism
Pedophile writers
Fanservice
etc

>fat bitch with feminist glasses got fatter
Well, no surprise here.

I actually missed like the first 15 minutes, what happened?

It's just Anglos really

Stop making shit up.

Except The Walking Dead cares about going slow and showing characters interact

The writing has completely devolved into fanfiction level

They even talk about the show after and explain what all the characters are thinking in case you didn't catch it during the episode

This is what happens when you think you're too smart to watch sports or believe in God but you're actually just a human being like everyone else and you want to belong to something so you join a nerd cult and you watch a nerd thing as if you're watching a game on TV and then you go to a nerd convention and debate the meaning of a nerd thing and you feel like you went to church and talked about the meaning of the Bible.

Wait for the boatsex and zombiedragon !

Not even the ground will stop the fall.

Bumping my own post

Arya is going to kill him after he has a full redemption arc. It will be portrayed as bittersweet because even though he's dying by her hands he'll want to die, thus scratching off another name on her list and ending his suffering. Also, it will recall the time where she had the chance to kill him, but didn't and in doing so, complete her transformation into stronk assassin bad bitch. Cap this.

fuck off back to Sup Forums

I'm not wrong though am I

stuff that everyone and their grandmother have already seen twice.

H

I

V

At this point I hope two things :

Daenerys, Cersei, Jaime and Euron die.

White fookin walkers win over westeros

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=pb7f3-jhApg