Is borderline personality disorder real or just an excuse for people to act like cunts?

Is borderline personality disorder real or just an excuse for people to act like cunts?

Expand, what is the rationale behind acting like a cunt because of muh bpd?

Just an excuse IMO.

People acting like cunts is totally real (pic. unrelated, I'm not really a doctor).

BPD is really just "Sociopathy".

All women have it, that's why they can't call it what it is.

This thread again. Looks like you should make one about OCD

Do you by chance have ANY idea what the clinic definition of sociopathy is?

Can it be both? I've never felt like claiming you had a weak character was a license to expect others to tolerate it.

It's not an excuse it's a description.

no sociopathy is much different from BPD

But you're right that women are more likely to have BPD

Well people are all slaves to their brain chemistry. Most people can be held to a standard of self-reflection and rationality, but in extreme cases that require medication or intensive therapy, it's counter productive and cruel to inflict social punishments on them.

That is if sterilizing them doesn't remove them from the gene pool. HEIL HITLER

>much different

Not really, there's just functioning personalities and disordered personalities. All the sub types are just relatively arbitrary manifestations dependent on levels of anxiety, experience etc. It makes very little difference in treatment what personality disorder a person has been diagnosed with, the focus is on what can be done to improve the patients life and the lives of them close to them.

t. mental health professional.

I know I'm arguing semantics and personality disorder theory is pretty interesting when it comes to attachment theory etc. but when it comes down to actual irl interaction literally every pd patient is different in terms of presentation so things must be person-centered. Same goes for informal interactions.

Where can I find more of this woman?

LOL I love how you built up to that dynamite ending

I match every single symptom but I manage to not be a cunt about it
there are two simple reasons for this
>I do not have a diagnosis
>I am not a woman

every borderliner I've ever met is a bitch who got diagnosed with crazy bitch syndrome because their doctors are lazy swine, and they think that this gives them an excuse for being a shitstain but it doesn't

it's fucking real
also, is thataway

I need a source for that

It's literally when you're such a cunt that it's pathological

As I understand it BPD is characterized as a lack of control over emotions

As I understand it, sociopathy is characterized by a lack of emotions and a resistance to empathy.

Treating them might be similar, but it seems to me like the manifestation of these two disorders would be noticeably different.

very real
children go thru developmental stages where they are symbiosis then they gradually individuate
if they aren't allowed to progress beyond a certain stage they can get stuck at different stages, the pathologies of which are the various personality disorders.
BPD results from a developmental arrest during this separation so that the person sees people in all-good or all-bad forms bc they have not yet matured enough to integrate good and bad in the same person. They are also terrified of abandonment and will be very clingy.
If you really want to learn about it and other pers disorders read James Masterson or Stephen M Johnson

lack of control over empathy
you feel bad for people who can't feel bad for anyone but themselves

it doesn't make any fucking sense

Sociopaths or people with ASPD still have emotions, they just usually express them through anger of agression whereas people with BPD tend to express them through self-harm or self-sabotage.

People with ASPD seem to be unemotional but that's just because they are generally men who have had tough lives where showing emotion was enough to get a paddlin'.

Women with BPD tend to appear over-emotional because they use their emotions to manipulate people because they feel that this is the only way they can protect themselves if they feel they are backed into a corner whereas a guy with ASPD would just kick your fucking head in in the same situation.

That's a really simple explanation but I hope you get the gist.

I have OCD and if I'm not busy for long periods of time then I get panic attacks, dissociation from reality and non stop intrusive thoughts.

I'd give anything not to have it because it's breaking me