What is Sup Forums's opinion of this film...

What is Sup Forums's opinion of this film? My friend recommended it to me because he thinks my ideas of child rearing are vicious and dangerous and this was supposed to shoe me evidence of this.
I thought the movie sucked and had a story that couldn't make a good movie because of how dull it was, but at least there were merits to the direction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2UfHXiQkgd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>James Woods
didn't even see it, but you just know it's confirmed kino, I love that loon

>my ideas of child rearing are vicious and dangerous
elaborate pls

I've written about this at length on some other boards, but basically I view everything modern, (with the exception of conveniences afforded by technological advances), as being pernicious and deleterious, so I would keep any children as isolated as possible from it, as well as ensuring that they develop skills that foster the virtue of diligence and provide innocent amusement.
My friend thinks this is a horrible way to raise children and that they'll kill themselves, a prospect I still consider to be very unlikely even after watching this fill, as I don't think suicide was very likely in that instance, and that's not how I would raise my children.

There is literally a movie about that its called "Captain Fantastic"

>"Captain Fantastic"
Okay. I'll try it.

Considering your'e on Sup Forums, you'll probably be a shitty father and have your kids suicide for many other reasons other than that.

Okay. I wouldn't refrain from raising children even if that were true, because that's still a likelihood, not a certainty.

It's okay but overrated. Alot of scenes in the movie feel pointless and padding until the ending.
The parents and Dunst gave good performances though.

So have you actually found anyone willing to breed with you while talking like that?

No.

>that writing
I had to check which site I'm on for a second there. Jesus fucking christ are you actually pleased with the way you write? Like do you actually read what you've written and feel proud?

> Recommending The Bore-gin Suicides to dissuade you from becoming the overbearing patriarch of an isolationist micro-utopia.
> Not recommending Kinodontas
> Not recommending El Castillo de La Pureza.

The problem here is that your (I'm just going to assume female) friend is a slack jawed pleb.

It seems like you expect that I would be proud. Why is this? I was just explaining myself, and no, I'm not proud of this.

He's male and yet, he is a pleb. I was expecting a much less mundane film when he recommended it, (and the film was possibly the most mundane story that could have been concocted that ended in girls killing themselves), but Kynodontas looks like a much more interesting film.

It's a slow burn and requires your attention, so be patient if you watch it.

Yea, it's kind of dull most of the time. Was there any thing you like about the movie?

I liked direction and though it was deserving of a better story. Kirsten Dunst, (aside from her bust), was very beautiful and, (again, aside from her bust), was in her prime.

What did you think about the soundtrack? That's the single thing I actually liked.

I didn't notice.

This film is similar to Mustang (2015).

youtube.com/watch?v=2UfHXiQkgd8

The soundtrack is literally the only department in which Coppola Jr shines.

That movie was more like a shameless ripoff.

Except such predicaments are real for women in rural Turkey.

>unironically forming an opinion about anything from entertainment
Tell your friend to stop worshiping celebrities

>basically I view everything modern, (with the exception of conveniences afforded by technological advances), as being pernicious and deleterious, so I would keep any children as isolated as possible from it, as well as ensuring that they develop skills that foster the virtue of diligence and provide innocent amusement

as someone who was homeschooled and raised away from society, this is a big mistake. if you care about your kids at all, you need to realize that they're not going to be children living in your house forever. eventually, they'll grow up and have to live in this world. leaving them unprepared to deal with it because you dislike it is cruel and irresponsible.

>you need to realize that they're not going to be children living in your house forever.
I recognize that they won't literally be children forever, and that they probably won't perpetually reside with me.
>leaving them unprepared to deal with it because you dislike it is cruel and irresponsible.
I don't have a decisive argument against this, but I also don't think this argument is unanswerable, and would thus raise children as according to my inclinations. I'm convinced that by far, the most difficult part of living alone is acquiring an occupation, and that everything else can be learned quickly by immediate necessity and in time. Necessary skills that require long practice can be learned in isolation with the exception of social skills, but I think the habits and personality traits picked up in socialization with most people are worse than lacking the social skills that are developed through such socialization. This doesn't mean they are to be isolated forever, but that they only socialize after their character has been more established and made permanent.

Is that story more interesting than that of the The Virgin Suicides?

Only good movie Coppola has made, and that's because it's based on a book. At the end, you really feel what's going through the kids as they talk about the girls. it's almost kind of sad.

The films are nothing alike outside of the fact they both star a group of qts. Completely different atmosphere, tones, subject matter, conflicts. please watch more movies.

>Kinodontas
just lol. are you using the foreign title to sound more deep and cultured? it's Dogtooth, and it's just as 'pleb' as The Virgin Suicides is. At least VS is somewhat grounded in reality.

>The films are nothing alike
>conservative families attempting to control their children

It's nothing like The Virgin Suicides and if you're some Sup Forumsturd/r9k/ dweeb all the movie is going to do is make you triggered. Worth watching if you like cute girls though

>control
umm lol.. getting grounded because your sister killed yourself isn't really comparable to your dad trying to sell off your virginity. they're nothing alike.

>I think the habits and personality traits picked up in socialization with most people are worse than lacking the social skills that are developed through such socialization
There's your problem right there
You're looking at it like
>bad social experiences = 'bad person'
>no social experiences = no chance to become 'bad person'
except the path to becoming a 'good person' absolutely, unequivocally requires you to take the bad social experiences path that everyone takes.
Parents for the first 10 or so years of your life prepare you for that path so that you don't get destroyed by it, that's why kids of shitty parents become shitty people in their teens and stay that way, and why kids of good parents become shitty people in their teens but then come good once they hit 18/19/20 and the actual real real world starts to encroach on their lives. Having been prepared by even just a few real world experiences they have the ability to step up and become worthwhile human beings.
Deny them the opportunity to slog through shit as teenagers (read: you have to deal with their shit 24/7) and you put them on the second path, which is a dead fucking end.
Think of it like your immune system, is it better to get sick, suffer through it, live and become stronger as a result or live in a hermetically sealed bubble your entire life?

>umm lol..
Fuck off, retard. And imagine watching a film as blatant as The Virgin Suicides and failing to pick up any subtext at all.

mediocre, just like sofia coppola

>you're some Sup Forumsturd/r9k/ dweeb all the movie is going to do is make you triggered.
I sort of am, but I would like my beliefs to be challenged with a plausible stories that isn't preachy.
>It's nothing like The Virgin Suicides
Everything I've seen of it makes it look identical, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the movie.

>And imagine watching a film as blatant as The Virgin Suicides and failing to pick up any subtext at all.
Not him, but what is that?

>Kinodontas
please don't watch that shit

>except the path to becoming a 'good person' absolutely, unequivocally requires you to take the bad social experiences path that everyone takes.
So, people who are isolated, even without the intention of another person raising them in a rather eccentric manner, can't be good? I don't agree with that.
>become shitty people in their teens
I'm trying to obviate this contingency.
>actual real real world starts to encroach on their lives.
I've already stated that I think the most difficult part of the real world is gaining and keeping a job, preferably a well-paying one. The distractions from social interaction I think are too much for most children, making them less capable of becoming successful adults. My strategy is to so intensely stamp the virtue of industriousness and self-denial upon them that any temptations that beset them after they leave my care will have little effect.
>Think of it like your immune system, is it better to get sick, suffer through it, live and become stronger as a result or live in a hermetically sealed bubble your entire life?
I think this would be a good analogy if, unlike the immune system, a persons capacity against negative influences could really only be improved by exposure to the influences, while I want to strengthen their capacity though constant and through exposure to more positive influences.

You or someone else said that they were homeschooled and didn't like the result. Well, I was raised in the opposite way and I don't like it either. So I suppose we're equal as far as experience forming are judgement is concerned.

Why not?

>subtext
umm lol..
are you trying to imply a coppola movie is deep? just lol...
Why don't you explain how they are alike at all outside of the 'my parents are mean!' aspect. It's literally part of their culture in Mustang, while in The Virgin Suicides the 'mean parents' ground them because her sister kills herself. Mustang deals with culture clash and sexuality, and The Virgin Suicides deals with isolation and depression. You can tell Mustang might take directorial elements from coppola like the soundtrack or the cinematography, but the actual plots and themes in the films aren't alike at all. How are those alike at all you fucking idiot? I bet you're one of those plebs who think Black Swan is a ripoff of Perfect Blue as well, am I right?

it's a bad flick

oh my god you're just another one of those spock faggots who thinks he's super intelligent because he talks like a robot and acts like he doesn't have feelings/doesn't consider anyone's feelings

spoilers: noone thinks you're cool because you act edgy and overly logical m8

You really shouldn't have kids and you need to get mental help man

I can tell from the little I've read that you have something seriously wrong with you that you need to get checked out if you're being genuine and you aren't just some summer kid acting up for (you)s

it doesnt impress anyone when you use fuckloads of big words lol anyone can type like that they don't cause its awkward

>because he talks like a robot
I wish I could habitually write better, but I like this impression.
>acts like he doesn't have feelings
I don't agree with this.
>doesn't consider anyone's feelings
This is true to some extent, but I really think the child rearing method I describe, or something like it, is the ideal way to raise children, even if they feel it to be cruel.
>noone thinks you're cool because you act edgy and overly logical m8
I don't want to seem cool and I'm not really "acting," but I wish more people agreed with me.
>you have something seriously wrong with you
Okay. I have to either consider this an exaggeration or spoken from ignorance. It's hardly the most perverse thing said here.
>you aren't just some summer kid acting up for (you)s
Definitely not.
>its awkward
If I gave this impression, then I regret it, but not so much because I'm not trying very hard to write well.