If Suicide Squad flops, everyone is getting fired, right?

If Suicide Squad flops, everyone is getting fired, right?

please god let me off Snyder's horrible ride

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/30129-report-suicide-squad-on-track-for-record-breaking-125-million-opening-weekend.html
twitter.com/DanielRPK/status/759050073011523584
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yfw they're already halfway done filming Justice League with Snyder at the helm

Still have Wonder Woman and JL to go

Wonder Woman is going to do okay at absolute worst

But there's no way JL is crossing that billion mark. Snyder poisoned the brand and the big draw of Batman, Superman and WW in a movie was done with BvS.

>wonder woman is going to do okay at absolute worst
>snyder has his hands in it
>SS flopped so WB is going to mess with it like they did with BvS to SS
>the lead actress has no charisma and hasn't proven herself a good actress

All it has going for it so far is the first superheroine movie in forever and maybe people being too nervous to rate it poorly.

>Marvel movies are shit
>DC movies are shit
>X-Men movies are shit

I gave up on this stupid crap long ago when I realized hoping the movies could be as good as the comics was dumb when I can just read the comics.

Ironically the best one is still Watchmen because it at least tried to bring the classic stories and art directly to life instead of doing their own retarded "interpretation".

Comics are nothing but IP mines to these people, they have no interest in actually adapting the material. They have as much to do with the comics as Fembusters has with the original Ghostbusters.

>people being too nervous to rate it poorly.
That didn't exactly save the Ghostbusters though, I'd say Wonder Women's main problem if its bad will be general audience indifference .

Kek is that Charlie Cox in there

It'll make a fuckton of money, and as long as they keep doing that, nobodies job is on the line.

>charlie cox laughing in the background

"If"

My cousin saw the movie and she told me it was garbage and this is coming from someone who loved BvS.

>le all capeshit is bad contrarian post
Yeah, nah. Fuck off, especially with that Watchmen bullshit. Snyder blatantly didn't understand the story or the characters.

So it was a good movie then? Thanks, I'll go watch it now.

..... Unless, this is reverse psychology marketing, in that case, go fuck off.

Man I hope squad does well $$$. Even tho BvS underperformed it still turned a profit (if I'm not mistaken a film has to double it's budget to actually be considered financially successful). So if SS can make bank then the DCEU can stay afloat, because I believe WW will also be $ successful.

But I'm really worried man, I actually enjoy the fuck out of these movies, and feel that they are just as good as the Marvel films. I will be heartbroken if the DCEU closes shop :/

I'm already bummed that Snyder has one foot out the door. I really really wanted the DCEU to be this macabre, awe-inspiring, monolithic universe to counter the MCU's syrupy sweet mainstream appeal. They are both great franchises IMO, and are better when they both exist.

>Snyder tone
>shit leads
>action directed by a woman
>le germans are the bad guys

It's going to be like Ghostbusters, critics will shill it, but the BO will be mediocre.

Oh, so she has shit taste then.

>Action directed by a woman

And?

Yes, and? If you are unable to infer what is being implied, then you shouldn't be discussing this matter.

Jaimie Alexander's worst career decision was to become Sif.

She could have been a perfect WW but now she's just Thor's eternal cuckquean as she watches Thor get with Jane and then Blackyrie.

Not him but from the trailer there were a few action scenes that I liked so I don't see any problem.

Triple
It has to triple profits
They never share hard numbers of what marketing cost but on big events like this it close to the same as what they put into making it

>implying Suicide Squad won't be another addition the DCEU's kino legacy
It doesn't matter if it flops. It'll still be another artistic DC film.

>It doesn't matter if it flops. It'll still be another artistic DC film.
That sound you hear is WB executives taking the nooses from round their necks as this occurs to them.

Let's wind the clock back to 2008. These critics and audiences wouldn't dare cross any of you, so what happened? Did your balls drop off? I know why you choose to have these little group therapy threads when the reviews go up, I know you're afraid to open Rottentomatoes.com: Zack Snyder. Zack Snyder has hidden your true colors.

I agree. Guns are much better for it.

>If Suicide Squad flops, everyone is getting fired, right?
No, but mom's gonna freak

Ghostbusters literally just made its budget back.

That doesn't factor in marketing or the cuts the theaters get.

It hasn't even broken even.

There's no way it flops, it's going to end up one of the top 10 highest grossing movies of the year, domestically anyway. And this is coming from someone who thinks it looks like dogshit.

It won't flop, even when the critics are destroying it, Will Smith, a Batman cameo, and the Joker (the character, not Leto) are gonna push it beyond Guardians of the Galaxy. The projections are already on its favor.

newsarama.com/30129-report-suicide-squad-on-track-for-record-breaking-125-million-opening-weekend.html

Seems to be consistent issues with script and editing. If they haven't removed the producers, they should do so now.

Kek

>Will Smith
I can't believe he would still be a box office draw, he's had as many bad movies as good ones by this point.

Word of mouth might hurt it domestically. Like Joker having 7 minutes of screentime despite being a prominent character in advertising

I've always wondered how he felt about passing on the role of Neo from The Matrix in order to star in Wild Wild West

>Steppwnwolf will be the main villain

Kill me.

>everyone is getting fired, right?
Kevin is sitting in his office waiting for Monday morning BO reports

BvS also had a very strong opening, presales and Batman. Word of mouth stopped it from getting to even 900m and MoS was literally more profitable for WB.

I hate to break this to you but Will Smith's coming off a string of flops too.

According to a Wired interview, he felt he would have screwed it up.

"You know, The Matrix is a difficult concept to pitch. In the pitch, I just didn’t see it. I watched Keanu’s performance – and very rarely do I say this – but I would have messed it up. I would have absolutely messed up The Matrix. At that point I wasn’t smart enough as an actor to let the movie be. Whereas Keanu was smart enough to just let it be. Let the movie and the director tell the story, and don’t try and perform every moment."

>and the big draw of Batman, Superman and WW in a movie was done with BvS.
On top of that, I'd wager that most people who didn't like BvS have no interest in seeing more of the story of Snyder's version of these characters. I couldn't stand BvS. I liked the WW trailer. I saw the JL clip, and could only be reminded of everything I didn't like about BvS. MoS poisoned the well for BvS, and both of them poisoned the well for Justice League. I love DC, and love the Justice League, but I have no intention of paying to see it, as I didn't pay to see BvS. Fuck Zack Snyder.

Someone bought tickets so I'll be seeing it.
Excited for Leto's Joker and absolutely nothing else.
Except maybe Harley's ass.

To be honest, that really feels like the nicest possible way to describe Keanu's "nothing" performance.

>This is the DCEU's legacy

You really ought to rename that "The DCEU"

It won't flop, I've seen 90% of it.
Literally might be the best movie ever made.

It really is a shame. With all this garbage DC is shitting out it'll be another decade before we get good DC movies again, if ever.

Fuck you, faggot. Keanu is the master of deadpan.

>Literally might be the best movie ever made.
(You)

I don't want the DCEU to die. Ben is too perfect to let this shit die!

I get blasted everytime I say this: the movie had a better ending than the comic.

I understand why they had to change it (cutting out all the bioengineering/ artist/ physic parts for time), but I still think the whole SQID and blaming Dr Manhattan made more sense than space squid. Especially for a book that was trying so hard to be rooting in "reality" where Dr M is the only exception.

I don't even care for Snyder, but I enjoyed that. Of course, Sup Forums loses their fucking minds whenever I suggest something that might make Moore's works even slightly better.

Yeah, just like BvsS was guaranteed money, right?

Considering the $250mil and Christ knows how many hundreds of millions they spent on marketing, I wonder just how much money WB walked away with.

>Except maybe Harley's ass.
You mean lack of ass?

JL is going to be DCEU's Batman & Robin

>Le germans are bad guys

Stop whining Sup Forums you let ironic memes brainwash you into thinking nazis weren't a bunch of facist losers. You forget hitler punching has been comic tradition from the start.

>(if I'm not mistaken a film has to double it's budget to actually be considered financially successful)

When the suits get together to figure out the budget, they project how much a film will make and then using that projected figure, they'll set up films down the road.

So, even if you have a movie like ASM2 which technically made a fuckton of money, it didn't make a metric fuckton which is what Sony budgeted. So it was a failure.

That's how it works.

WB investors might call for a vote of no confidence ala Eisner and Disney

I really liked Rorsach and Comedian, and some of Dr. manhattan was good

Because you're an idiot who didn't understand the nuances of Alan Moore's work. Let me guess, you thought that black kid reading the comic book was in there just for kicks and giggles?

This town deserves a better class of reviewer... And i'm gonna give it to ya.

Point Break was directed by a woman too, and its pretty much considered a classic. Ripped off by other movies like the Fast and Furious and subject to aweful remake. So what does it being directed by a woman have to do with anything?

Even if it did " die" Batfleck ain't going anywhere. But yeah I am kinda disappointed that SD didn't review well yet still interested in seeing it.

le germans are bad guys. they have man in their name.

>nazis in WWI

This is your brain on Tumblr.

>not Martha
I still hear normies mock that moment

The sad thing is that SS is headed for a massive opening so it most definitely won't flop.

The negative reception is gonna hurt it though.

I think it could've made A LOT of cash. Even I was getting slightly excited.

I don't think Squad will flop. It's at the tale end of Summer and even with bad reviews there's nothing coming out any time soon to challenge it. It won't do anywhere near what WB wanted though 500-600mil seems likely

Maybe they'll pull a BvS and have Darkseid for the final act of the film.

Gotta be honest the few shots of the amazons fighting soldiers on the beach looked better than what we saw in the squad trailers

Snyder is already pretty much out the door. They just need to finish WW and JL, then they can start making films with no input from him whatsoever.

Pete's Dragon is out a week later. Its getting rave reviews. And hey, who knows. Maybe Sausage Party will be a hit. Weirder things have happened.

If Suicide Squad did 900mil it would be a huge success. Most Marvel movies fall between 500 - 800mil

kys summerfag

Did Johns have anything to do with Suicide Squad or was he only brought in after the damage was done?

Johns was brought in to create the damage.

I completely forgot about both those movies. Pete's Dragon strikes me as one of those movies that critics loved, is genuinely well made, but nobody sees it. Sausage Party and capeshit have the same audience though so it could fuck SS up

We will never know. The reshoots didn't add the humor, it was already there. It may have been his idea to cut a lot of Jokers scenes and even then I can't blame him for that if he did because people are already crying about sexism, it would be a lot worse if Mistah J slapped Harley around and pissed on her. I don't think Johns would have allowed those scenes to be shot in the first place if he had control from the start

>tfw the DCEU is a continuous stream of false starts and second tries

It has a trailer that resembles the source material with no questionable left-field casting choices like Older-Michael-Cera as Lex to make people second-guess the possibility that it might be the first DC movie to capture the spirit of what the fans want.

>Pete's Dragon strikes me as one of those movies that critics loved, is genuinely well made, but nobody sees it.

Looks boring, honestly. Not that the original was a mile-a-minute thrill ride either, mind you...

Suicide Squad is only looking bad in the eyes of hack reviewers. It's expected to gross almost as much as BvS did opening night and its still the most talked about movie on social media.

While we all want off Snyder's wild ride it's about time you doomsayer faggots stopped listening to Reviewers like their words were fucking scripture. No one reads movie reviews any more. at least 80% of people looking to see a movie will either decide for themselves or ask someone they know who has seen it what they thought of it.

Batfleck will save us, user!

Seriously though as an unabashed Batfag , I am exited for his solo films. I think it will be better than the Nolan trilogy.

This is why I think Wonder Woman has a chance. It's staying true to who and what Wonder Woman is. I'm not holding my breath but we'll see I guess

>at least 80% of people looking to see a movie will either decide for themselves or ask someone they know who has seen it what they thought of it.

Like BvS. Hence the massive second week dropoff.

Although I recall that the Friday it came out, a few radio DJs were saying "Doesn't look very good, reviews are terrible". So at least some people listen to them.

>its still the most talked about movie on social media.

For all the wrong reasons, user. It will be lucky to do 500mil. This has been the worst summer for blockbusters that I can remember

Is this the kind of education americans get?

Yeah that was one of the biggest problems with that movies reception. While the average person doesn't read movie reviews, either because its on some clickbait bullshit facebook page or they are concerned it'll have spoilers, when a movie that's supposed to be as big as Batman v Superman was receives nothing but negative reviews it gets mentioned literally everywhere.

>For all the wrong reasons

Yeah console war bullshit.

>Hence the massive second week dropoff.

It was pretty standard

No it really wasn't.

No user. This isn't Marvels fault. I can tell ou exactly where this went wrong. WB (I won't blame DC they are as much victims as we are) realized they needed to compete with GotG so they used suicide Squad but do their own gritty spin on it. BvS comes out and it gets fucking slammed. Too dark, too gritty. So WB shits it's self in fear and tries to make SS something it isn't. BvS and SS should have had a complete tonal reversal.

69% isn't standard. 50 is standard

How much does Suicide Squad have to make world wide to be considered worth it/not a disappointment by WB?

as opposed to the shit euro-fags get?
because it's pretty much accepted that Hitler was a shit head.

twitter.com/DanielRPK/status/759050073011523584

It's WB that should get the sack.

>Breaks multiple records
>standard
Okay Sndyerfag

This has to be bait.

+800 millions isnt a flop, it doesnt matter how hard you try to push that, also it was only 63%

Budget's 175 mil. Factor in another 10 mil for advertising, minimum.

So...at least more than that.