Toonami Ratings for 7/30/16

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 will replace One Punch Man starting October 15th.

Intruder 3 is coming in November. It will have a smaller budget than 2, and will be about 15 minutes worth of content.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, delayed till 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last week we had some stellar ratings and OPM was the top premier for Saturday. This week was pretty much the same out front, DBZ and OPM did great and IBO did ok but lost a big chunk from OPM. The rest of the block slipped back to those weak ratings from a few weeks ago. One Piece and Parasyte didn't make the top 100 chart. But honestly, if I was a casual viewer and saw that fucking whale bullshit for a third week in a row when OP came on I'd turn the TV off too.

11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai 1666 0.71 894
12:00a One-Punch Man 1366 0.63 793
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1058 0.47 601
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 914 0.39 498

1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 795 0.33 421
2:00a One Piece 658 0.27 337
2:30a Parasyte: The Maxim (r) 590 0.24 301

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/japanese-novel-anime-franchise-sword-916389
youtube.com/watch?v=HLw7M0KxhgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tv2yfioMM_U
youtube.com/watch?v=RMi0HpW6Dqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best

first for best

Typical stuff here

8:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.45 695 0.25
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.48 757 0.30
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.50 737 0.29
9:30 American Dad (r) 0.67 993 0.38

10:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.82 1221 0.47
10:30 Family Guy (r) 1.06 1596 0.63
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1.10 2000

>live action SAO confirmed
>in English only

What the fuck.

And it seems the poor tail end of Toonami hurt the reruns too

3:00a Rick and Morty (r) 590 0.25
3:30a American Dad (r) 650 0.29
4:00a Infomercials (r) 588 0.26
4:15a Off the Air (r) 501 0.23

4:30a The Cleveland Show (r) 536 0.24
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 576 0.26
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 570 0.25

Live action SAO in on the way

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/japanese-novel-anime-franchise-sword-916389

>"For years I have been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise,” Kalogridis said.

one piece is the home movies of toonami

Well I was outmatched this week

I think Toonami has come a long way from when it rebooted. New anime every quarter, the plug hasn't been pulled, AND continuation of old series to finish their story. Hopefully the trend continues.

It's been two or three years and still no Sailor Moon. Maybe it's just too long for them.

New FLCL is weird. It's been years. Will it still be set in the 2000s? How do you even continue the plot.

>new anime every quarter
Well that's over now since we are 90% long runners

I was watching some skateboarding on NBC or something yesterday and they showed a commercial for crunchyroll and Mob Psycho 100. I was shocked, that was the first time I've ever seen animu advertised outside of cartoon channels.

how many KLK or OPM can you have to save Toonami?
Kai will end eventually.

Nothing Toonami gives really appeals to me. I was gonna watch HxH but it's the 2011 reboot. I wanted to see the original first.

Does Toonami have a limit on how old the series is? Do they only air modern stuff or is 90s and 2000s stuff game?

Crystal is currently only 39 episodes, and would be, at most, 65, so I don't see why they won't air it. that's nothing compared to all the 100+ episode shonen shit airing now

All that time and it still doesn't feel like Toonami

We've been on pins and needles since day one that we can't just relax and autism out to chinese cartoons in fear that our lack of viewrship will end the ride and we'll be forced to do normie things on Saturday.

>"For years I have been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise,” Kalogridis said.

Really?

I was talking about the Viz dub of the original anime but airing season 1 and 2 or Crystal works fine too.

Look man, my biggest hope for Toonami was to introduce a new generation of people to anime/movies and they have successfully done that, either through stoners/jobless/night owls/kids who watch the block. Now, is it perfect? No, they are missing a lot of the original magic. Not many real vidya reviews, not much music videos, no extending Tom storyline, not much in-house promos or events. Hell, the bumps are barely even edited together, but despite all of that, it's still the number one place to showcase anime, GOOD anime in some cases, to a wide range of people, besides netflix.

Demarco doesn't have any hard rules, but typically old anime is not an option. Also has a valid point, with only one show to switch out now, new titles will permanently have priority since we can never catch up

once FLCL ends, it could go either way

Toonami could either keep pushing through and acquiring new hit animes every once in a while once they get a dub or Toonami will die start to fade away again

>best place

You mean the only place. Anime fails everywhere else on TV

Which one do you buy Toonami general?

They won't air it because people aren't going to want to watch girly shit. The nostalgia element doesn't work on everything, look at Gundam

Perfect picture.

They only air new anime though. It's not showing people anything they probably don't know of already.

gundam could have worked had they not gotten a gundam show with hardly any gundams

What is old? Ten years? Fifteen? Twenty?

It's one of the few shoujos Toonami can air. It's just actiony enough.

Why do you dismiss it for being girly? Stop being a kid.

I'm most surprised NGE hasn't aired yet. Only the movies. It's short and iconic.

Toonami is never gonna air DB, right? I never understood the appeal of DBZ but I love DB.

Does anyone have the original?

I really thought Toonami would go gay for Killua, but you guys just keep talking about waifus and tits. Is /toonami/ the straightest thread on Sup Forums?

Mika

JOJO part 1 will save Toonami, will probably drag down when part 2 comes, then part 3 will save Toonami even harder.

That's weird. The rest of the fandom loves the boys. I don't wanna see Sup Forums's reaction to Alluka

except Sailor Moon was one of the cornerstones of the original Toonami and a ratings hit, it would pull at least DBZ numbers easy and attract a larger audience than the current sausage fest

youtube.com/watch?v=HLw7M0KxhgQ

>ywn come home from school and watch comfy chinese cartoons on US television ever again

thicc

why would we go gay when the show has best girl already?

Cleveland Show did worse than infomercials.

MY NAME IS CLEVELAND BROWN

I know. Literally everyone else is lusting after Killua's boipussy (or Kurapika in 's case), but most everyone in these threads seem to not care about such exquisite things. You would think Sup Forums, the board that's unanimously the gayest board on Sup Forums, would not be outdone.

it's a mixed kinda feeling

>will probably drag down when part 2 comes
But Part 2 is the best part of the Stone Mask trilogy.

Part 2 is my favorite too user, but Part 1 will bring in viewers because of the JoJo name, then casuals will start to become uninterested/impatient when part 2 shows because it doesn't have Stands/Memes that part 3 holds.

I honestly can't see anything but a drag in the Part 1 episodes between Jonathan and Dio's first fight and them reaching the town Dio took over.

The fact that Dio's in it will probably keep a lot of people interested in it. I haven't actually watch Part 1 and 2's anime, so I always just thought everything pre town would take like 5 episodes max.

What'd i miss on Saturday? Went to a rave and I wasnt able to see dbz hxh or one punch man

Vegeta died
OPM went shopping
The blonde chick from that robot chat show pondered whats it like to be in a harem
kid goku went fishing
after that we all got our webcams and started fapping all shouting "TOOOOONAAAAMMIIIII" as we all blew our loads and went to sleep.

>after that we all got our webcams and started fapping all shouting "TOOOOONAAAAMMIIIII" as we all blew our loads and went to sleep.

Kek

I'm an Sup Forumsnon. So while I want to agree with you, let me level for a moment. The people who watch toonami will do not want to watch anything from before the year 2000. Hell, even before 2005 is stretching it.

Are they babies? What happened to the anime boom of the early 2000s?

They either grew up to be normalfags, went deeper down the rabbit hole like I did and don't even watch toonami, or they're you people, in this very thread.

The rest of the people watching toonami are newcomers to anime and don't want to watch things that aren't as flashy and new looking, despite the fact that they might be missing out.

If it were up to me, One Piece would be getting the boot(I love the manga, but the anime is an abomination that just gets worse and worse as time goes on) and put on something like Darker than Black. You manime fags would eat that shit up.

I'd also put fate in at some point.

Honestly I haven't followed the block since it came back(though I do care for its success) but I think Demarco's biggest problem is that he hasn't realized that the big threes' time is over and that its time to take them off the block.

Also, I don't know how far HxH has gotten on the block, anyone mind telling me where they're at with it?

they're at the point where they're on an island hunting down each other because each character was given a number to hunt and each character was given a certain number

Oh lord, so most of the people here don't even know what they're in for yet?

Guess I'll check back in about a year and see how the opinions on it change.

I don't know anything about jojo, I've only seen the 90's one. But I do hope for it to do good, even if the jojo posters are the worst.

the thing about IBO is the fact that it sucks.

I wanna see Lain, Nanoha, or Gunslinger Girl but they're not generic-battle-shonen enough for Toonami.

These threads still haven't been banned? What dark magic is this?

I know that bebop ran like 4 times during Nu-Toonami, but I feel like they should air it one more time during that rerun slot, but then again, there is no space because of all the long fucking runners.

You're right in that none of those three would work for, or be popular on, toonami. You can see and probably have seen all three of those shows at any time you'd like.

My thing is that I think they're wasting space on Naruto and One Piece, especially since Naruto gets more and more filler as time goes and, and One Piece gets so poorly paced it begins to make DBZ look like a master work of brevity.

Takaki

I care. I care a lot.

It's called unpaid moderators

>Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1

Does that mean they are dubbing just Phantom Blood? Its just 9 episodes however, they really couldn't bother at least dubbing up to the end of Battle Tendency for a nice 26 episode chunk? Even so, its cool Toonami will be introducing people to this series.

It's already been dubbed, and it's garbage.

Well shit, that sucks. How bad is it? Do the characters voice tones end up bad? Or do none of the voices match how the characters look?

i believe it's getting a redub

I feel like the claims that it's awful are exaggerated. Part 1 is fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=tv2yfioMM_U

Part 2 is a bit more questionable, but Joseph is 10/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=RMi0HpW6Dqk

DBZ is every 90s kid after school memory, that's why it's so popular despite being a 6/10 series

this makes me want to go back and watch JoJo abridged

tfw Dio won the fight between him and Jonathon in the end

Who do you bet is gonna be black?

I call Klein.

>what worked 15 years ago with 8 year olds will work the same with 20 somethings on AS

Not him, but people said the exact same thing about Gundam. I don't care if they air it or not, but nothing will ever consistently perform at the level of DBZ. Just because something aired near DBZ a decade ago doesn't necessarily mean it shares that popularity

Why is this on Sup Forums ?

Because Toonami's audience is mainly Sup Forums and Sup Forums made it perfectly clear years ago they want nothing to do with Toonami.

People who advocate for more reruns are worse than Demarco adding more long shit

It's just 'stealth' butts general. Move along plox.

Because Toonami is Sup Forums. The content of Toonami is not relevant to the equation.

More importantly, moot said so and Hiro has yet to give a second opinion so here we are

I accidentally posted a lewder pic than planned. Have mercy mod-kun.

Sailor Moon is super good though. It's not the best magical girl series but I can't see it failing like others. Toonami needs to air it.

That looks almost more like Revy cosplaying as Misato than Misato herself.

Toonami doesn't "need" to do anything, that's just what you want

As long as it's not Crystal because Crystal is balls.

I made a funny.

Gud choice

They already had Naruto, FMA, NGE (the Rebuild movies at least), DBZ... Sailor Moon seems obvious enough. Obviously Toonami doesn't 'need' to air anything but SM makes sense.

MISATO
I
S
A
T
O

ever week.
I like this meme though, mind if I take it?

Best Eva. thanks for these senpai

I'm just surprised IBO breaks a million at all.

the world could use more Misato user-kun

It's so hard to have just one Waifu, Gotdamn.

the problem is they got IBO which is GINO; it's all talk and no Gundams. and even when there is fighting, the show has ONE GUNDAM

compared to Crystal, which is still magical girls with long legs in short skirts with some fighting, some romance, and some comedy

plus lesbians

>liking an alcoholic

>not wanting a drunk cake to hug

My other choice would be Yamagi since they pretty much confirmed he was gay a few weeks ago when Norba grabbed his hand and he blushed. It was pretty cute. He's definitely the gayest looking boy.

But it's so relatable.

So if you guys want a magical girl series so bad, why not this? It's actually good and won't be a drag on the block for 20 years

why are their heads drawn so weirdly

wide

anime is awful

Magical girl is such a generic as fuck type of series. Let me take a stab at this one you claim is """good"""
>pink blue and yellow hair are best pals who save the world with friendship
>black hair is the bad guy who has to constantly be stopped by the other 3
>after doing this plot 50 times the final episode has black hair become a good guy

Fuck off and put something on the block that actually has some suspense and isn't moeblob predictable garbage

yeah

This is so obviously bait it hurts.