Is this the greatest comic book series ever written?

Is this the greatest comic book series ever written?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179
empire-dcp-minutemen-scan.blogspot.com/2015/04/hellverse-hellboy-bprd-abe-sapien.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's definitely the one with the tightest continuity and lore.
God I love the lore.

Yes, its the best "world" with multiple concise about it. There isn't even a competition.

Hell, even manga can't compete with their world building.

How come this kind of art is better than the ultrarealistic stuff others do?

>Hell, even manga

manga is shit tho

Hellboy and Sandman Mystery Theatre both have similarly abstract artstyles, but I think that was intentional as they're intended to be unnerving

No idea why but that pic is giving me a My Hero Academia vibe.

I only found them online up to the first edition of Hellboy online. The last book I read was The Abyss of Time. Anyone got a reliable sauce for the rest?

Read all.of them NOW faggot

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179

On chronollogical order.

Are you the creator of that mega? Do you have a chronological list? I have the comics, I want to put them in order.

Not him but picrelated

I started reading them a month after seeing some thread about them here. It's been a fucking ride.

I'm aware of that list, but the other one is chronological.

for hipsters

I know that its shitposting but what else the big 2 have to compete?

Their world building is shit.

Spiderman is so convoluted that it's a fucking chore to understand what the fuck is going on. This is what happens when you don't have a plan from the very beginning. I mean shit, 52 should have cleaned it all and it's still a mess

Here's a bunch, I'd say 95% of the links work.

empire-dcp-minutemen-scan.blogspot.com/2015/04/hellverse-hellboy-bprd-abe-sapien.html

>fights nazis in life
>has to have his soul released to fight nazis, zombies and nazi zombies for all eternity

Absolutely based

If your rating a comic book by its consistency with art quality, writing, and continuity then yes absolutely

No, but I love it. The lore is great. The art is gorgeous.

I don't know how Mignola does it, it just looks so minimal, yet so detailed.

The guy takes a look at architecture, art, and anatomy, and just nails it.

I believe he does is sort of like Spongebob.

>desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179
does this include spin off comics too?

No, but almost everything about it is fucking awesome and well crafted, so theres that.

the whole mindless game of "what is the greatest of all times" is stupid anyways, it should be a Pantheon of what is great, not a top 10 list

It's ~Mignolaverse~ so yes.

Yeas of experience. It's amazing to see his art through the years and how he has basically boiled it down to the bare number of lines he needs to still tell a clear story visually. I've heard plenty of artists say detail is a great way to cover up flaws when you're younger

Hellboy! It's Rasputin! He's killed a bus load of kittens and children again. I've had enough of this madness.

Why haven't you raped Rasputin yet!?

thanks

Rasputin by now has been withered down to nothing at all. No body. No spirit. Not a fragment of his soul left.

Yeah i picked up Cosmic Odyssey not too long ago and its great seeing what mignola does with DC heroes and the New Gods in his early style, Triumph and Torment is great for that as well.

Also if this ends up as a Mignolaverse thread can we try and contain spoilers? I'm only about halfway through reading, PLEASE BE GENTLE

For me? Yes. It's the only comic series I'd be able to honestly call "amazing". It's just so fucking cool. Hellboy is probably my favorite comic character of all time.

DAMNIT HELLBOY! WHY HAVEN'T YOU RAPED THE BLACK FLAME?

Yeah and if you look up X-user's last Alpha Flight thread you'll see super early Mignola drawing in a really traditional house style

Also that issue of X-Force he did is something else

Triumph and Torment took me by surprise because it didn't look like Mignola draws nowadays, at all. It nly started to dawn on me it was him when I saw the Vishanti.

Let's talk about something really important:

Are there any good Mignolaverse waifus?

It's also inked by Mark Badger a guy with a VERY distinct style of his own

Liz. Best there iz.

Wasn't him that crazy guy at Scotland, with an army of milenials and giant zombies?

I'm going off Hellboy books only, the last I saw of Rasputin was that Baba Yaga used the fragment of his soul to breathe life back into Koshei.
Where does the crazy guy feature?

I'm not sure, I don't know if he is Rasputin or Strobl.

>moviefag confirmed

Hellboy's sister

Oh right, there was that.
Poor Hellgirl, when she'll find the source of that river..

Kate isn't in any of the movies. You don't read BPRD, do you?

was "supposed" to be a reincarnation of him, the ritual he was doing was summoning his soul from beyond into the new body

Varvara is top tier waifu

>liz

ewww no, why the fuck?

unless it's selma blair

Whenever there's a Mignolaverse thread, Sup Forums always proves that they only ever read the Hellboy book.

Exorcist waifu

It is.

Leave faggot

>cute but not model beautiful

of course i did. next, going to be telling me that Johann's in a metal body, aren't you?

baba yaga, obviously

These. Best girls.

No that was Lazar, I don't think he had anything to do with Rasputin

Liz smokes. And smokers are jokers.

Johann was in the movie you fucking casual.

Nimue was pretty qt before she turned into a dragon

Panya

Kate.

It has my vote.

Animated Kate is perfect.

Agreed with this.

Also, Hellboy's literal waifu.
But only in beast form.

>Hell, even manga can't compete with their world building.

Depends on the manga, kiddo.

>moviefag confirmed

I don't understand how anyone on Sup Forums can call anyone a moviefag when it comes to Mignola comics, since no one here ever reads anything past the first six Hellboy trades.

Are you retarded? I have BPRD and pther spin off discussions here on every Hellboy thread.

And the movies are great

Hellboy threads are among the comfiest of this board, no need for stupid as fuck elitism.

One Piece is not my thing, too whacky for my tastes.

why not post a manga that has great world building that Sup Forums won't give you shit for posting.

But, I did.

>Depends on the manga, kiddo.

correct, some are shit while some of them are only crap

>Hell, even manga can't compete with their world building.
kek, this is what delusional Sup Forums exclusive fags actually believe

Its great but not comparable to Mignolaverse. Maybe if it develop multiple good different spin offs with different tones that all build a bigger story like a fucking novel.

Has any manga franchine done this? This look like more of a western thing, and to be honest, the Hellverse does it like no one.

But I'm not exclusive from here and this type of media, also, still this I'm listening. Show us what you got there buddy, what is the best worldbuilding?

>spin offs

That's how you define "world building"? Don't insult the Mignolaverse like that.

>what is the best worldbuilding?
One Piece.

Stop answering for other anons you idiotic one piece pleb.
>I have absolutely no knowledge of manga as a medium but will insist I am well read
I hope you die.

Because his face kind of looks like All Miht true form

I don't think Hellboy has particularly great worldbuilding to be honest. Like, what do you mean by that? Hellboy is good at building up a consistent and interlinked mythology, but its actual world is overlaid on our own. I don't think it can compare to stuff like Nihei's series, or Berserk, or Gunnm, or Dorohedoro, or Asano's stuff (even his real life stuff is way more developed as a day-to-day lived experience independent of the characters you follow than Hellboy is for 90% of its run).

Hellboy only kicked up into that with the actual apocalypse hitting in BPRD. Hellboy, its own comic, has always been more about traversing and linking different fairytale or fantasy or sci-fi stories than bulding a world. That is way more the BPRD niche, and it's not even been the BPRD niche for the whole of its run.

I love it when weeba get all defensive

Are you saying One Piece does not have great world building?

in mangaland nothing beats berserk for character development except monster
unfortunately manga is directly influence my loli-cute girl pedos and a decent universe has not happened in awhile. It is almost constantly set in high schools which do not make for good world building. -- From a weeb

>Hellboy threads are among the comfiest of this board, no need for stupid as fuck elitism.

Then why is there always stupid as fuck elitism in them?

>in mangaland nothing beats berserk for character development

Are you joking?

what?

no its fucking shit and you know it
Read Magi you fucking tard its 100% better

lol

ok name one instead of spitting nonsense
my powerlevel is fucking maximum like brolly
Try me

>no its fucking shit and you know it

But it's not shit. It's actually really really good. You should read it sometime.

Oh boy, looks like Sup Forums let one of it's turbo autists get loose on Sup Forums

Kill yourself, you fucking virgin.

Friendly reminder if you read Japanese comic books or watch Japanese cartoons you will die without ever scoring.

is this thread a joke?

manga is a joke

I read Japanese comic books and watch Japanese cartoons all the time, have had sex many many times, and I am still alive.

besides Empowered

>and I am still alive.
You can't prove that you fucking skeleton

>Empowered
>manga