Is there a single shot from a Marvel movie with any artistic thought behind it. Anything that isn't just basic coverage

Is there a single shot from a Marvel movie with any artistic thought behind it. Anything that isn't just basic coverage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hpWYtXtmEFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jC7U8C2X1Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=i_v2zUJu2qo
vimeo.com/76739972
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>This is the most iconic shot the MCU has produced over the last 16 movies

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Implying you need artistic shots when you can just fill the screen with 50 superheroes

I'm actually genuinely curious, marvel fags post your favorite marvel shot and I'll post a few of mine from DC

this one was pretty good

BTFO

You'll have to be a white american male that voted for trump otherwise you won't understand

>omg cool guys don't look at explosions
pure reddit

The glory days before Disney Feige cancer.

And the only reason it's memorable is how bad it is

>shitty greenscreen
>overlit
>everything is grey
>cant even tell the characters apart from the background
>literally looks like a call of duty map

Russo bros are the worst thing that happened to Marvel. 1st Captain America by Joe Johnston was actually pretty good. Russo bros introduced the ugly handheld style which doesnt fit capeshit at all.

>Iron Man
>glory days of anything
lmao. capeshit fans don't deserve cinema.

Another one that represents what Obama did to America

>mfw Suicide Squad actually pulled the 'gang with heros/weird stuff masks' better...

I guess no Oscar for Homecoming...

hahahahahahahahahahahah

Maybe if you sifted through Daredevil you'd find quite a few nuggets.

"draining the swamp"

Pic not related?

wow... after a year you're still posting this... nice, don't forget to post it in Sup Forums too like you always do.

GOTG has some really pretty shots

I was supposed to post that you FUCK

the anti christ(obamer) D.C.

a whip zoom in. fucking garbage

is this edited?
this is Liam Neeson jumping over a fence levels of retarded cutting

I actually want to see the same. DC fans post screenshots and grids from the films all the time but I rarely see any Marvel fans doing the same.

>CIA at an airport
Literally unbeatable

>Netflix
>MCU

Next you'll be telling me that AoS counts too

Damn Russos are so visceral and cinematic. The vibranium standard of film!

This...is...gay....af...

KEK

I just found the first thing I could off Google but I was hoping just seeing it would take you back to the sincerity of the scene. Something you'd never find in the movies.

You can't show the impact if the actors can't perform it.

GotG and Dr Strange probably have the best cinematography in the whole MCU.

But yeah most photography in MCU movies looks bland and soulless.

Obligatory.
youtu.be/hpWYtXtmEFQ

This one is actually really good. I kinda want to rewatch the movie now.

>I have no mouth but I must quip

I agree with him but i don't think its just about muted colors and shit like, most of them look...boring, the action, the set pieces, the sets. They look like made for tv and this started to happen after Avengers, before even Thor that was shit didn't look boring.

Uuuuuuh. How did they film this? This looks really dangerous.

A spy has LEDs on her clothes...oh wow...

the only thing the normies who watch marvel, game of thrones, star wars, harry potter, walking dead, etc etc. care about is WHAT HAPPENS. Watching the movie is just a more enjoyable way of reading the plot summary on wikipedia for them. They want to be fed plot points, not art

Compare
McT's kinomaking
youtube.com/watch?v=jC7U8C2X1Uw
to
youtube.com/watch?v=i_v2zUJu2qo

Notice
- how much more cinematic and engaging it is, the set design makes it feel like it's obviously a real building, instead of a studio elevator with a green screen in a fake generic building
- how much more menacing the situation feels, with the restricted space of the elevator used in a way that feels immersive and dangerous, how the characters strategically use their body weights to block others against tight walls instead of mindlessly punching each other without any sense of physics
- the use of mirror reflection to creatively inform the viewer, the use of framing and lighting to focus on the potential threat, the depth in focus and use of angle and blocking to highlight McLane's weaker position and slow realization's something's off
- how tense it feels, how viscerally brutal the action actually feels with each gunshot and punch having real impact due to great sound design and editing, etc.
- how the sense of humor/"quips" is actually amusing AND reflects/develops the character's personality in face of danger, using the joke to surprise the enemies, directly contrasts with the actual hard-R violence performed right after, John being covered in injuries, dirt, grease, and now blood and guts, he's actually vulnerable and tired during the fight, etc.
- how he only cuts when needed and lets the scene unfold naturally otherwise with no cuts, how each angle chosen has an actual narrative purpose, how the camera movement has some musical rhythm to it, slowly circling around the elevator to mimic John's perspective as he looks around him to identify threats, following his point of view then slowly zooming in to reveal information when he sees the reflection, always with matching cuts that enhance the geometrical understanding of the space and where John is compared to others
- how the music builds up then stops WHEN the action begins
etc

Call me when MCU has something like this.

>the identity theft poster in the background with the robbers using the heroes' identities in the foreground
damn...i didn't even pick up on the symbolism when i first watched it...legitimate kino

I think it's more of a jab at Tom Holland or Disney.

Dr. Strange and GotG2 have some relatively well shot moments.

Words on a white background?

I only see two cheap blockbusters there.
How about you guys start posting actually decent movies instead of mindless flock?

How about you stop pretending to be blind to justify the sorry state of Marvel?

No, I simply hate blockbusters, they are mindless movies that bring nothing new to the table.
They have nothing to offer aside from DUDE EXPLOSIONS LMAO

Did you not understand what I said? Stop. Nobody is falling for your act. You are defending shit Marvels by desperately dragging everything down with it. We know what you're doing. You don't come off as smart. You come off as a dishonest cocksucker.

What movie was this from again

No, I didn't, because you seem to be implying blockbusters are capable of being good.
They can't, they've never been, and they never will.
Of course, a movie starring some dumbass in a fucking costume with the colors of the US flag won't ever be good because only a manchild would like such retardation.

Man of Steel is FILLED with whip zoom. I hate this

>Iron Man
>good
AHAHAHAHHA
Just because it had le pretty shots doesn't mean it wasn't absolute garbage.

So?

You are still doing it. You are like a bot that lacks any cues when to shut the fuck up. Hello? Bot?

Look how agressive the poor blockbuster apologist is.

>You are like a bot that lacks any cues when to shut the fuck up
Why? Because your poor attempt at trying to make the blockbuster genre look good was a failure?
No, they are not.
Blockbusters need to be put down like filthy dogs.

Why even write le

The only thing that needs to be put down is your phony act to defend the shit state of marvel.

Exactly, no arguments to defend garbage.
Excellent.

We never realized how precious he was. To think this was the norm back then, audiences rewarded integrity and good craft with success over mindless marketing and cheap filmmaking.
vimeo.com/76739972

HEY

GUYS

HEY HEY

HEY GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS
HEY

GUYS

YOU ARE BOTH A BUNCH OF RETARDS

But audiences always went for cheap blockbusters.
I'm particularly happy to see the cinema industry die, it has deserved it for quite a few decades.
Nobody will miss it.

Do you have a diagnosis?

How is it possible that the suit never looked bettern than in Ironman 1?

Let's see Paul Allen's card

The look iron man gives to cap after finding out winter soldier killed his parents was pretty nice. I wouldnt say iconic. Fucking homecoming almost had a good scene with the fallen building, but it went into cliche territory with the mentors words being played and the half mask half face in the puddle shit.