Is there a taboo in the usa about alcohol use among teens?

Is there a taboo in the usa about alcohol use among teens?

In series and movies, we see parents who forbid their children to drink. It's a true thing?

Yes, because the bible warns that drunkards cannot get into Heaven. When you allow your child to drink alcohol he won't realise what he's doing is really a bad thing getting drunk is just normal. The drinking age should be raised to 25

Ah yes frog would you like your wine with truck or bullets?

we don't use alcohol like the french do, its not a cultural thing we have with meals we use alcohol as a drug and yes decent parents normally don't let their kids drink till they are of age.

Yes, you can get arrested and pay out the ass in fines.

Also, you have to drive everywhere, so teens who rarely drink + alcohol + trying to be sneaky = DUI or death

I see no problems.

I drank my first glass of wine when I was 8.
During my adolescence, at each family meal, my uncles fill my glass of wine with the approval of my parents.

Today i'm not a drunkard.

It's a part of the education to recognize and appreciate the alcohol, especially wines.

Yes, there is a tremendous taboo in the USA about teen alcohol consumption. Even a beer or a glass of wine is "underage drinking" and horrendously degenerate in people's eyes.

That said, some folks here are better than that. My parents had no problem letting me and my sisters have a glass of wine at dinner as young as eight years old, and the same applied to many Catholic families that I knew growing up. It was treated more as a beverage to go with a fancy meal than a drug to abuse.

The exception was Thanksgiving. I always had more than that at Thanksgiving dinner. Never enough to get smashed, but enough to be a little giggly.

When the only purpose of alcohol is to get fucking wasted, you get fucking wasted the moment you're of age or get your hands on it otherwise.

here only autistic dwellers dont get hammered at least once every month since they reach age of 15

Yes but be honest with yourself how many people are like this? For every one person who acts or was raised as you are there is a 100 people who go YOLO and chug some beer and vodka

The majority of french were raised like me. We are ok with that. We are not drunkards.

Its because we are retarded and get drunk and do stupid shit

> t. drunk american who crashed his 37,000 dollar car 2 weeks ago

20 days in jail is what they will give me, thats what my lawyer says anyway.

Will post pics of my totalled car if anyone asks, but I'm serious. Americans are dumb with alcohol.

americans are retarded without alcohol but desu nothing comes close to drunk brits, aussies and russians. really don't know whats up with them

Maybe an anglo gene

Yeah due to MADD bitches. In past it wasnt big deal but MADD has become temperance movement

Parents did the same thing to me. Respect alcohol now, never been dui and never felt the "need" to drink.

I don't know. Germans usually start drinking around 13-14 so when we are 23 we have been drinking for 10 years straight. Thing is they do this too but still have this drunken act where they are like in their teens again. Not that I'm complaining, its funny as fuck

MADD?

make america dead drunk

i was raised in the same way. i assume most swiss are about the same as the french with alcohol. perhaps a bit more reserved. hamburgers cant handle alcohol though, they're degenerates

Alcohol is for teenagers, chads and depressed people

Why would anyone drink alcohol. It harms your body, and it doesn't even taste good. Only faggots drink.

I don't think you have any friends

>Burgers prefer soda to wine

Nothing wrong with drinking a glass of wine for birthdays if you're 15

What's wrong with soda? It tastes great especially when you put lemon juice in it

You probably says that because you are frustrated and ignorant.
I've lived for a year in USA for studies and lived my whole life in france. We drink at parties beer and some strong alcools. Beer is delicious if you know how to appreciate it and getting drunk is really fun when you do it with some friends. I never drink outside of parties and i'm healthy. American hate against alcool is just due to ignorance.

I'm not religious by any means but I've always been inclined to the sciences and it is well known that the brain stops development in late 20s and early 30s. So I definitely agree. There are way to many Americans that once they turn 21 they start binging every weekend for months to years. Alcohol in excess is one of the absolute worst drugs to be addicted to, neurologically speaking. Also weed should be legal and taxed heavily but not enough to create black markets.

Yeah, but most people I grew up with started drinking around 16 - 18 and was permitted to do so by their parents as long as they didn't leave the house. I grew up around a bunch of middle class normies, so I'm going to assume most families are like this.

Soda is for overweight preteens.

No.

Teenagers in america don't want to drink a glass of wine they want to chug 10 cans of beer until they can't think straight.

Once I got old enough, they actively encouraged me to drink. Maybe trying to give me a hint to stop being an antisocial loser.

Kek

You may be healthy, but you'd be healthier if you did't drink. Alcohol sucks, and soda is also bad. I only drink water or homemade orange juice.

What a fucking nerd.

Teenagers drink pop not soda
I agreed with you until you said weed should be legal
No it should not and anyone who grows it for drug use needs to be hanged

I started having wine with dinner at 13

>The majority of french were raised like me
Literally this.

When I see Muhricans can't drink before being 21 I kek hard

Why haven't you killed yourself yet? Thats the best way to be healthy.

Man, I hate to be the fucking pleb here, but I can't fucking stand the taste of wine. Beer tastes good. Liquor tastes good. Wine tastes like shit.

>inb4 that's because American wine is shit
I've had Italian wine in Italy. I've had French wine in France. It all tastes like shit.

Not in Wisconsin. Most bars will let the children drink if the parents are there. Beer and cheese is how we pass the time.

And I can speak from having lived in the USA for awhile and Canada, this no-alcohol-or-drugs-whatsoever attitude doesn't exist unless you live in the bible belt.

My friend smoked me out and his mother gave us drinks.

Because America and Canada are one of the biggest most degenerate liberal atheist hell holes.

Its just a different culture. You pissy fag frogs like to smell the aromas and match the drink to your meal like faggots. In America we drink to get drunk. You think anybody likes the taste of whiskey?

You should try sweet wine like Monbazillac

Its a retarded double standard.
Everyone knows that movies and social media encourages teens to drink, Most adults with children drank alcohol as teens themselves, And still they forbid their children to drink,

When are we going to realise that making things illegal / not allowed is just going to make it more interesting for kids to try it

Yep, but if you banish evryting that is unhealthy, you basically do nothing. Computers are bad for your eyes, no alcool or drugs, not too much sports because you can hurt yourself and the air you breath is poluted.
You just have to be smart in what you do.

Careful - you might cut yourself with that edge, faggot.

>You pissy fag frogs like to smell the aromas and match the drink to your meal like faggots.

This. The French go through like 5 buttplugs in a week. They're so gay and pretentious.

>Monbazillac
My nigga

This frog, our drinking culture isn't like in Europe. Imagine every time we drink, we drink like we're trying to throw up, pass out, and die. Now spread that across the whole country and then make 12% of the population black and you have an explanation for our crime statistics.

And that's why you have no culture

I'm not a faggot, it should be against the law to be a faggot in Canada. Also I'm not edgy, I just believe in the bible.

>Is there a taboo in the usa about alcohol use among teens?
Yes. It's literally illegal for a person under 21 to drink alcohol.

Yah, But some parents let heir kids anyway when their old "enough". It's illegal, but some people don't give a shit.

I grew up rural. My friends and I used to pick wild peaches along different properties and use them to make Peach wine behind our parents back (we were all something like, 14 at the time.). Then we'd say we were going camping and night fishing, when in reality we just brought some sleeping bags to a quiet part of my friend's property and got drunk. Fun times.

I like the taste of whiskey, bourbon especially.

I'll look into it, I guess. I've never had a wine I liked.

>memeing this hard

>he think it's pretentious to not drink red wine with fishes

Let's get things straight, If you believe in everything in the bible you are edgy and retarded, and got no way to understand anything about alcool.

Whiskey is delicious.

Fuck you, faggot.

How is it edgy to believe in the bible? I understand alcohol perfectly, it's degenerate.

Pretty much this. I never drank or smoke as a teen because it wasn't something my family outright forbid. I asked my dad once if I could try some weed (to see what his reaction would be.) He said sure, and that he would try to find some for me so if I got busted it wouldn't be on my record. Tell your children that you would rather them do it at home, safe, than sneak out and put themselves in danger. Kids are gonna want to experiment.

Wanna know how I know you've never gone to a party in your life?

inb4
>hedonism
>degeneracy
>don't do things I don't like

Literally the only people that let their kids drink are trashy people and even then it's rare. Pretty much the same people that let their kids have sex and do drugs.

Yeah, there is a real objection to any kind of teen or underage drinking, responsible or otherwise. This country actually tried to outlaw drinking via constitutional amendment some years back. It didn't work.

Top kek. French people think acting snotty and faggy about food and drink = a rich, proud culture.

You are literally a nation of our worst hipster numales.

>And that's why you have no culture

Europeans unironically type this when surrounded by American software, movies, television shows, music, vidya, etc.

Wine has a special place in the Bible.

Remember the wedding of Cana and the place of wine in the Sacrifice.

Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

Religion should honestly be outlawed.

>teens
>Driving
Pick oen

>it's should be against the law to be a faggot
>in Canada

Well have fun arresting 3/4 of the population then mate

Only faggots eat pizza yet you prolly eat that shit.

alchool is for overweight preteens.

I have because I was an atheist who realised the truth and started reading the bible.
It is degenerate, find me a typical house party without someone who's a degenerate attending.

Pics

Because there is a huge difference between believing in god or shits like that and apply everything the bible say like "alcool is for degenerates".
I'm pretty sure you've never drunk anything. How can you even debate on something you just red in a book.

Except Islam because we need more diversity, leaf.

>alcohol

barely it's wine not wiskey or vodka

Wine is different I agree with you, but regardless getting drunk is absolutely degenerate. Is there anything wrong with having a glass of beer once a month? No not at all but it's best to be completely sober if you can.
Atheism should be outlawed, it's responsible for the degeneracy we see in the world today.
That's okay

its northen european drinking culture that you inherited. only drink on weekends and when you do get shitfaced. compared to the southern european drinking style that is, a little every day.

Yes because the US doesn't have bullshit license laws. You can actually drive when you're 16 there still

What's the point in only believing part of the bible? The whole bible is the truth and should be followed!

Wow stop, it's a lie to say that the Bible say something like that. The wine is literally the blood of Jesus.

MUDSHIT
MUDSHIT
MUDSHIT

i'm sure we have less alcholics than america or even you

Illegal no, taboo yes.
Sipping wine in France is different from buttchugging Four Lokos in the US, we're a degenerate country that doesn't know what drinking responsibly means.

Christianity Islam and Judaism should be outlawed (well Jews and Muslims should be outright eliminated but that's another story)

We need to go back to our strong non Jewish religion

Not this shit again. Since this thread is about alcohol, i'll just say that and wont go any further:
if you follow the bible, in everything single way possible, you are basically shitting on everything humanity has acomplished since 200 years.
Bible is something like a moral guide, not a strict law etablished by god.
That was edgy as fuck, but whatever..

Yes. The older generations of Americans don't practice Christianity but it's sort of like hardwired into their brains. It's difficult to explain.

If, for example, these people catch their teenage son or daughter having sex or drinking alcohol they will instinctively fly into a rage for no reason other than that it's a sin. They don't even think about it.

I honestly think it has something to do with circumcision.

Sup Forums is a christian board

fuck off

This is why Canada has become a joke of a nation, when we were a Christian nation and Quebec was a near theocracy we were one of the greatest countries and able to defend ourselves against countries 10 times our size. Now look at us!
You say you hate degeneracy but the only thing that will end degeneracy in the west is if people follow the bible, you know why fag marriage and trannys are a thing? Because people don't believe in the bible

HOW is it edgy I follow the bible? Lol you're so edgy you believe women should be prudent haha you're against drugs and alcohol LOOOOL and think you should wait until marriage to have sex LOL hahaha edge master here haha

Unfortunately, yes. It stems from the crazy Protestants that came over here hundreds of years ago. The whole anti-alcohol craze only results in teens drinking irresponsibly behind their parents' backs.

This is 100% correct. When I was a teenager I brewed alcohol under my sink.

Nah, i just say if you belive in things such as no sex before marriage you are stupid.
You just loose precious moments because you belive in an hypothetic afterlife. It's ok the be insecure about death, but at least dont waste your life.

>Red wine
>Not blood of the Christ

Wow, that's...awkward

Funny thing is the bible is full of turbo edgy shit about genocide entire villages and incest to keep the family tree going ect.

How am I stupid for thinking you shouldn't sin? Studies by atheist back this up too, couples who are virgins when they marry are much less likely to divorce. If you had sex with more than 1 or 2 women then you'll probably be divorced
I already said wine is different

The bible forbids incest

>if you belive in things such as no sex before marriage you are stupid.
Sex outside of wedlock is the leading cause of STDs, unwanted pregnancies, feminist power, and a plethora of other negatives.

Fucking frogs. The biggest degenerates in Western Europe.