New Disaster Artist Teaser Drops Tomorrow

A24 better pull the fuck through with this. I loved the book and honestly think that some scenes could genuinely be kino. I'm just really hoping Franco doesn't make it a lolsofunny remake and forget that some parts in the book are actually emotionally deep.

Anyway, teaser drops tomorrow, so what are your expectations?

Wasn't there another movie about the room? I can't remember what it was called

the room?

I swear I posted saying that I didn't mean "The Room" itself

The audiobook may be the definitive audiobookino.

The dude's Tommy impression literally makes it, there's no point reading the print book.

you are aware that A24 has nothing to do with the film right?
Literally all they do is distribution

why does it take so fucking long to release the film? didn't they shoot it 2 years ago? i have high hopes for this, the book was probably the funniest stuff i ever read. tommy really isn't from this planet...
how the fuck did he get all the money?
>Whenever Tommy is in a restaurant, he always orders a glass of hot water. I’ve never seen a waiter or waitress do anything but balk at the request. Here’s how the Palm’s waiter handled it: “I’m sorry. Did you say a glass of—?” Tommy: “Hot water. Yes. This is what I am saying.” “A lemon maybe or—?” “Look, why you give me hard time? Do I speak Chinese? This is simple request, my God."

Pretty sure they changed the name of this one at some point, might be thinking of that

I'm aware, but as of recently they've been helping some pretty damn good films to come out.

I read that quote in Tommy's voice and laughed my ass off. I can hear it now.

>This is simple request, my Gaaawd. Aahaha, Greg these peeople are crazy! Never hear of hot water.

will it be a movie inside a mobie?

Franco says it'll be a mix between The Master and Boogie Nights. I bet there's going to be an elevator shot and a scene where Greg yells at Tommy not unlike where Dirk and Jack Horner get in an argument.

Yes

Tommy seems like a dick

I was way more interested in this back when the rumor was that Travolta was going to play Tommy.

>the rumor was that Travolta was going to play Tommy.
now that would be some weird casting although i'd have loved to see it happen.

yes more francokino

objectively one of the best actors of the 21st century.

>the bit immediately after where he shouts "HA! HAHAAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHA!!!" at the socialite girls at the traffic light
infinitekeks.avi

Literally a modern-day version of Man on the Moon
Only this time, I don't think the film will drive Franco insane like Carrey allegedly did

there better be a flying vampire car

If Franco's Wiseau is as good as Carrey's Kaufman this will be pure kino

I don't understand how Carrey went from being an awards contender and absolute box office gold to Fun with Dick and Jane, Mr Poppers Penguins and fucking Dumb and Dumber 2. What is he even doing these days

minus it comes at night

How has this movie still not come out yet?

It's out in December

what's the story of The Room's media?

I just know of the original movie.

Why are there shit based on it?

Franco probably treated the whole thing as some SNL sketch with his cronies doing the same.
This has mess written all over it.

Reminder that Franco adapted only good authors to the screen and failed miserably. But, I think he'll pull this one, he's much better with comedy than drama (directing wise, acting wise he's a much better drama actor).

The film was made for $6 million (that we know of) almost directly out of Tommy's Pockets. He shot the film, simultaneously, on 35mm and digital, solely because no one had ever done it before.

>What is he even doing these days
driving his girlfriends to suicide and asking them if they thought about his cock

I'd say there's a 90% chance they will DUDE LISA LMAO it up and it will be dogshit. Dave Franco playing Greg tells you everything you need to know.