Marvel are pushing Carol so hard the don't seem to notice how bad this cover looks

Marvel are pushing Carol so hard the don't seem to notice how bad this cover looks

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2016/08/01/exclusive-the-ultimates-2-artist-commentary-from-travel-foreman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love travel foreman, but this coloring is fucking garbage

it looks like airbrushing on the side of a van

the variant to one of the earlier ones (I think the #1) was worse if you mean the "minorities need a white woman to lead them" thing

>Team Blacktus

>be DC
>your movies suck but at least you don't have a Carol

On one hand you have a point. But on the other Cyborg is basically DC's Carol

1) think about where you are.

2) realize nobody gives a shit about sjw niggers being led by a white woman.

3) go back to tumblr

All jojes aside he's talking about the shitty artwork.

But the books with Carol are the best parts of current Marvel.

But the cover itself isn't particularly bad (pretty standard for capeshit) and Sup Forums has made fun of SJW's hypocrisy in regard to Carol many times before. I'm not sure why you think it's tumblr to point it out again when they're the ones who ignore it.

Marvel stopped caring about quality awhile ago man

people like Cyborg though and DC didn't relaunch his solo book 5+ times

That's not Vision.

He's only had one solo and they have relaunched it once. Plenty of time to catch up to her.

This one?

I wonder why they put her in the forefront, she's not even the most popular character on the team

forgot the image

>think about where you are.
The board that switches between being tumblr or Sup Forums every five minutes?

yeah that's the one, she just looks like a fucking cunt with it too like she deserves to be in the front

This is the cover to Ultimates^2 #1. The Christian Ward preview magazine art will be a variant.
Sauce: comicbook.com/marvel/2016/08/01/exclusive-the-ultimates-2-artist-commentary-from-travel-foreman/

>For example, The Ultimates is preparing to relaunch asUltimates 2 (read "Ultimates Squared"). The Ultimates writer Al Ewing returns to Marvel's proactive, bleeding edge super science team, consisting of Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Spectrum, Miss America, and Galactus.

>Travel Foreman is the new artist joining Ewing on the series. Foreman's past Marvel Comics work include The Immortal Iron Fist and Civil War II: Spider-Man. As with any artist taking on a new series, Foreman took some time to figure out how to wrap his distinctive style around Ultimates 2's cast of characters.

>What follows are sample sketches from Foreman's early work on Ultimates 2, including the cover to Ultimates 2 #1, with commentary on the artistic process from Foreman himself. Keep reading to see Foreman's journey from early character sketches to colorized cover art.

>Ultimates 2 #1 debuts this fall.

>As with any artist, Foreman started at the beginning, with some rough sketches to get a handle on the characters basic designs.

>"Every artist beginning a new title does a little 'field testing' of the characters with an assortment of sketches to get familiar with the book's characters," Foreman explains.

>As the only major character appearing in the book that Foreman hadn't drawn before, Black Panther was a special challenge.

>"Black Panther is the only classic Marvel character in the title that I haven't drawn before and this first page of sketches is the beginning of trying to unravel my approach to the character," he says. "I want Black Panther to be solid black, almost reminiscent of how Havok and Sunspot of the X-Men were originally drawn."

>After getting the basic designs down, Foreman moved on to testing the color and texture details for the characters' costumes, which are the kind of details he'll have to collaborate with other members of the art to accomplish in the final product.

>"Sometimes sketches are equivalent to how movies use screen tests to test lighting on actors," says Foreman. "I can see here that having grey mixed into Black Panther's costume doesn't achieve the effect I'm looking for. I want Captain Marvel and Black Panther's costumes to be very smooth and reflective, giving off stark highlights. This will be something I have to coordinate with the colorist who's working on the book as well."

>In this set of sketches, we get to see up close depictions of most of the Ultimates team: the Blue Marvel, Spectrum, Black Panther, and Miss America Chavez. Foreman is working on facial consistency as well as attempting to improve on his characters' "acting skills."

>"The next part of the process, after learning how to draw all the costumes, is figuring out to draw everyone's faces consistently," Foreman says. "Character acting and emoting is something I'm trying to get better at and understanding a character’s face helps tremendously in drawing it in various emotional states.

>Moving on to the cover sketch for Ultimates 2 #1, Foreman was working with a set of instructions from Marvel, and did what many artists do - drew on the comics he loved as a child for inspiration.

>"The cover sketch was done from [Marvel Senior Vice President of Publishing and Executive Editor] Tom Brevoort's instructions to do a clear group shot of everyone flying towards the camera," Foreman recalls. "The first comic I bought, when I was 9 years old, was Uncanny X-Men #227 with that iconic shot of the team flying towards you. I thought seriously about doing an homage of that cover here."

>From sketch to colored cover, here we have an epic team shot with the core cast in the foreground, the Anti-Man hovering behind, and the massive Galactus cradling the entire team in his arms. Foreman decided to experiment a bit with the final image, playing with the lines and shadows.

"For the final image, I wanted to try something different from other covers I've done," Foreman says. "I removed some of the line-art in areas and rendered shadows in grey rather than using black lines to give it more of a smooth, painted feel. This is a great set of characters so this cover was a delight to work on from start to finish"

For such a simple costume artist seem to fuck up this BP costume a lot

Black Panther costume looks good

how so?
it looks dope

WE WUZ WORLD EATERS N SHIIIEEET

>Marvel are pushing Carol so hard the don't seem to notice how bad Brian Larson looks

Why are skeletons being hired for female heroes in capeshit movies now?

When did you start reading comics?! That coloring is straight up awful. Looks like a goddamn low rider design.

She's not that bad

shut your mouth about my waifu

>team comprised only of black people (and a black latina)
>have it led by the token white blonde bitch
This triggers me.

And she's an actual actress, not a model.

Marvel made a mistake

>people like Cyborg though

why must you turn Sup Forums into a house of lies, user?

Apparently minorites will follow a firm dyke ass to the ends of the universe.

gross

I like Cyborg more than Carol. Then again I love Stilt-Man, Triumph, and Turner D. Century more than Carol, so that's not that much praise for Cyborg.

I got around to reading Carol's first run as Captain Marvel.

It sucked.

> kek
She's never been good. Reed had the best run until you realize it would have been better with any of the previous Captain Marvels or another similar powered character.

She will replace Evans as the laughing Avenger.

I know that now.
I was originally interested in her because of the drinking thing but as it turns out that was the only interesting thing about her. I read her first run that ended with her becoming Binary and I thought that was decent, but not much beyond that.

Honestly I only read the new stuff just to see how bad it was.

Monica, Mar-Vell, and Venus are the only other ones worth talking about. The rest are forgettable. Monica was the pet project of one writer. After he left, Monica was dumped.

Phylla-Vell is better than Carol. Prove me wrong.

Nobody even remembers her.

Uh-uh, Mo-Blacktus, it is I, Balactus!

PAD's Captain Marvel with Genis is better than anything Carol has ever been in.

Carol is Cancer.

> implying anyone cares about Carol
Carol is only relevant because Marvel is desperate to have a Wonder Woman and they have no other options with licensing.

Carol's ass is fucking bananas.

Judge user remembers.

>Prove me wrong.

Pro-tip: You can't.

She's utterly incompetent but a much more enjoyable character. I find myself rooting half the time for Carol's head to be crushed in.

Peridot as the villian?

Marvel has rights to tons of obscure women they could easily bring to the forefront. Unlike most of the other Marvels, Carol was already a popular or at least somewhat relevant character when she became Captain Marvel.

Clearly they wanted someone they thought they could market more.

I wish they did She-Hulk instead.

It's all about the name and brand. Not character. Carol blows.

She-Hulk isn't an Aryan uberfrau, though.

As well it should. I enjoy the simultaneous existence of different beliefs, even if one of those groups is blindly leading us all to our destruction.
I'll let your bias determine which group I'm referring to

Or on a lesbian wedding cake.

people like and enjoy him from Teen Titans comics and cartoons

why must you lie?

It also wouldn't do to have Shulkie date a black guy. It HAS to be a blonde like Carols. Them's the rules.

Shulkie fucked Cage in the 90's

I didn't know Lorde was an ultimate

Okay, if Carol looked like than instead of an anorexic transsexual hooker, I'd be on that team too.

This. I'll still buy it, but I hope he's not also handling the interior colors. So far his work has looked its best in Classwar, and that was years ago.

She fucked a lot of people, that doesn't even count.

She didn't always blow. The problem comes from editorial wiping all her problems and personality away to they can canonize her as a saint in-universe and in real life.

>in-universe
They sure messed up with the current event, holy crap

>anorexic

You mean like her Memory loss, Power loss, Memory gain without the emotional attachment, power change as Binary, rape, giving birth to her rapist, alcoholism, or anything else writers have tried over the years to make her not bland as fuck but she still is?

Face the truth.
Carol is Cancer

That's a pretty guy

For you.

People are allowed to have opinions, user. Besides, rape wasn't an attempt to make her interesting, but destroy the character. Everything that happened under Clairmont and Buseik was a response to what happened before and an attempt to salvage the character. She's had to deal with a lot of shit.

alcoholism and the inexplicable urge to make all alien life extinct are her only good traits

>Carol blatantly checking out Monica's ass
Is she ever going to come out of the closet?

I have special eyes!

You mean Monica?

>Monica is straight up riding Black Panther's dick.

MY BRAND

I dunno, she looks unimpressed.

Yes?

I just thought of a cool idea for the movie
what if SWORD was already up and Carol was up trying to protect the world from aliens with powers secretly and with flashbacks to how she got her powers throughout the movie
didn't that dude get cancer or something
that might be boring
instead make it an epic shoot out or something
but go with that and space adventures kicking alien booty and the Avengers are all unaware until like something bad happens and she crashes from out of orbit like "oooops, sup y'all"

Why did you post an image of Carl Manvers

Who is that in the back? Is that Proxima Midnight?

> defending Carol
> Clairmont
> Buseik

Casual detected.

Anti-man

Bah, I guess I see it now. It looked like a female at first glance.

Also I wish Monica kept the hairstyle she had in Might Avengers. Not enough Woman do the shorter hair styles and she could have been a good example to Carol on how to do her fucking hair.

>America is lesbian
what a waste

>Black Man
>Black Man
>Black Woman
>Hispanic Woman
>Strong independent Female Leader complete with butch haircut
>Anti-Man

Holy fuck. Could they seriously get more ham-fisted?

There's being progressive and then there's being retarded. Marvel doesn't seem to know the difference.

But wait there's more! Included is free shitty airbrushed colored art.

Kill yourself, my man.

Anti- as in anti-matter, you numbskull.

No, seriously that's garbage. There's plenty of diverse groups and characters that have been well done without being this obnoxious and shitty. The current Black Panther book being a great example.

This on the other hand is like a band 90's diversity push. I keep looking for the wheelchair kid.

I'm serious too.
Off yourself, the world would be better off without trigger niggers like you.

>Hispanic Lesbian Woman

It gets better.

Stick to the movie threads, champ.