2- c++ or java?

1-flag
2-c++

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /
harmful.cat-v.org/software/java
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends on the work

Both are too late to learn now and old as fuck, Look for another course.

your job aside, you have to develop something that could be developed perfectly in both language, which one you pick?

Swift

C++

Cpp for portability, java needs the jre to run, it's not something good for customers

C

PHP > NodeJs > Java > Go > Swift > My mum ass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> C++

C if im doing computational math or physics
Java or Python if I'm making stupid app things
I don't h*ck with C++

Java

There is no reason to use C++ unless you are writing a game engine, OS, or numerical solver

Cpp needs runtime libraries. Unless it is statically linked, most installers install crap on all kind of crap your machine, like 10 different versions of VS C++ redistributables.

flag
python

Python

C#. Your not a freetard, are you?

Can you give me a quick rundown on nodejs versus php? I'm trying to into web development and am hitting a hurdle on which way I want to go

I exclusively use the language of hypermasculine Alpha Aryan men.

Kek, you tell for a meme lad. This language is so horrible that it is write-only

stay away from PHP. everyone, even basic programmers make fun of PHP fags. PHP has a reputation of a programming language for non-programmers. and it is a shitty language in general and eev dot ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

flag
HolyC
cia niggers can refrain from replying

C# or Python

Thanks for the advice. To be honest, I'm not liking php very much. The only reason I was opting for it is because a lot of websites use it. I'll probably try out nodejs and django before I decide which one to use

What's the best Windows GUI for C++? I tried Qt but it didn't click with me.
I wish C++ natively supported WPF without having to resort to C++/CLI. Right now I'm writing my Windows programs in crude Win32 API.

vb a cute

comfy language for shell programming

I love how everyone on Sup Forums just keep calling each other poo in the loo when it doesn't mean anything because everyone is a poo in the loo.
Rust shills still are worse than poo in the loos though.

>crude Win32 API.
that's pretty much it. or MFC. last century technologies. there are some 3rd party libraries (forgot the name) but these are just for the graphics primitives, nothing is even close to what windows forms can do in C#. desktop development is pretty much dead anyway.

Flag
C#

they only thought me java and matlab

Yeah, Java is far more portable. That's the whole point of the Java virtual machine, to negate platform-dependence in way that doesn't amount to messy convention and ad hoc shit.

Javascript

>easily composable objects that was so good it gave us JSON which has replaced xml in many cases
>everything is an object so you can call methods on values
>great asynchronous support with synchronous ways of handling asynchronous code (async and await)
>npm
>node (as in the runtime, not just the web programming paradigm which is itself really good)
>if you want a bit more language sugar than the latest ES features you can use awesome typescript and compile it down

When will people get over its early reputation and realize how great it is?

>desktop development is pretty much dead anyway
I know all the money is on mobile and web, but I can't let go of desktop, I still have so much shit I wanna do, I'm even planning on starting developing for Linux too in the near future. It's not like I wanna make money out of it (professionally I'm a system analyst), I just enjoy programming for desktop.

WxWidgets

Interesting, and it's cross-plataform too. I think I heard it being mentioned somewhere on /dpt/, but I never really looked into it.
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try when I've got the time.

python

fucking nerd

I enjoy accusing others of being pajeets on Sup Forums

I like both but C++ is my favorite. I'm just an amateur though so my opinion doesn't actually matter.

C#. Really find Q# interesting too.

Flag
Perl

t. Zhang Bin Dong, web"""master"""
Fuck off with your soyboy languages

>flag
>C

assembly

What a load of bullshit this post was. "Graphics primitives"? Glue libraries for OpenGL?

There are plenty of libraries on the windowing level. If they lack in utility like C# libraries it is because only a moron would build their portability on that level.

e.g. using the extra fluff in wx and Qt

Harmful shit or harmful shit?
harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /
harmful.cat-v.org/software/java

I'm gonna go with Java 2bh, at least everyone knows what it is
>2018
>single platform programs

>flag
>C++