Recommendations

Not sure if these threads are common or even allowed but didn't see any rules or a sticky against it.

So I haven't watched TV since spongebob was supposed to end with the movie in 2004, and wanted to try some cartoons from today. I've seen some of the greatest cartoons of the late 80s and all of the 90s while they aired and know I shouldnt really expect anything to top some of those, but thought I'd give a couple new shows a shot, since watching childhood reruns would be nice at first but boring in the long run. So far I've been recommended:

>BoJack Horseman
>Steven Universe
>Gravity Falls

I tried a few episodes of BoJack today and it was alright. I wouldn't mind continuing it. But in terms of the other two shows people said to watch and maybe some more recommendations, can Sup Forums steer me in the right direction for some of the better modern (Basically post-2004) cartoons? Are the other two shows I was recommended any good?

Thanks Sup Forums

You know you're a retard if you need your hand held to watch western cartoons.

It's called giving a recommendation.

Then lurk or use google to find something that interests you.

Just thought a couple people could give me a few of their favorites to look into since I'd have 12 years of shows to wade through.

The selection of (good) cartoons to choose from is very very narrow. A quick Google search would've given you the same recommendations as the people here.

I say you try Flapjack an Chowder if you like silly comedy and original styles. Maybe watch AT, if you don't like the first season don't bother with the rest.

>Are the other two shows I was recommended any good?
I dunno, have you tried watching them?

i heard that new voltron series on netflix was good

Sounds good, I'll look into them. Thanks mate.
You know what I meant. If just about everyone on a board about comics and cartoons says one of the shows I was told to watch is shit then I could probably safely pass it up.

You want my honest opinion?
The Loud House, Harvey Beaks, and Star vs. The Forces of Evil are pretty good and don't listen to lorefags, Star is best enjoyed as an episodic show with sprinkles of deeper character moments.

If you don't mind toy-based shows Hasbro's lineup has been pretty solid this decade with Transformers Prime. G.I. Joe Renegades, and yes MLP. The often forgotten but still loved Dan Vs. is also bar none one of the best cartoons of the decade.

There's also Golan the Insatiable, Archer, and Mike Tyson Mysteries.

I'd go on, but this feel like a good enough list. Happy hunting for a new show

For some nice, comfy stuff, Harvey Beaks is fantastic for that. Has a lot of animal crossing vibes, if you've ever played that. Same with The Loud House. We Bare Bears is fairly comfortable, too, and Clarence, but they're a different kind of comfy.
For action stuff, it's pretty limited, but Miraculous Ladybug and TMNT 2012 are pretty good. Wakfu has some action and gorgeous animation, but watch the French subs, the english dub's awful.
For slightly older stuff, Chowder and Flapjack are fantastic. KND and Billy and Mandy were still running post-2004, so check those seasons out.
There's a lot of stuff I could recommend, since you've been in the dark for a long while, but lemme skim through the rest really quick:
>teenage robot
>making fiends
>time squad
>the rest of EEnE
>clone high
>fosters home
>samurai jack
>yin-yang-yo
>pucca
>the amazing world of gumball
>the earlier seasons of adventure time
>regular show
>the rest of futurama
>the rest of beavis and butthead
>the rest of king of the hill
>league of super evil

>pucca

now there's a show i haven't seen mentioned in a long time

Will be going through these, thanks for your suggestions. Also didn't know EEnE continued at all past 2003-2004, I haven't heard of anyone talk about it since then. Also
>Samurai jack
Mmmm

Ignore this asshole

Now fuck off

Yeah, he's just a big meanie >:(

Steven Universe is great but not for everyone. You should be able to tell by the second episode whether it's worth your time.

I can't comment on the other two.

My recommendations:
>The Venture Bros
>Rick & Morty
>King of the Hill
>Futurama

Do you have a preference for a certain type of show? Do you mind if the show is intended for kids?

Fair enough. Most of these I have seen since a lot are pre 2004ish but there's still some in there. Thanks mate.

I don't mind who the intended audience is, if I like it I like it. I kind of like shows that focus more on characters and who they are, rather than how much they kick the shit out of any antagonists. Episodic shows don't bother me so long as it's all coherent in the long run.

Does Sup Forums care for Total Drama Island?