Sup Forums memes a movie to death

>Sup Forums memes a movie to death
>everything i have watched that Sup Forumseddit has memed previously has been a terrible piece of shit
>watch pic related anyway
>it turns out it's a terrible piece of shit
How surprising!

you got memed goy

take your own life

Just out of curiosity, what is one movie you consider good?

Just trying to get a feel for what kind of insufferable faggot you are.

Here's your (you), fucking pleb

They Live by Night
China Gate
Magnificent Obsession
Risky Business
Showgirls

there's a couple of them

>OP is being a faggot
>Everything he says is contrarian
>Gives a genuine opinion
>Turns out a faggot has shit taste
How surprising!

AH so here's the root of the problem: You have shit taste.

it's okay little Sup Forumseddit baby, when you leave mommy's tit you'll understand that carpenter is garbage for children, and after you realize that you might start watching actually good films by actually good filmmakers such as Samuel Fuller, Douglas Sirk, Nic Ray etc.

a bunch of literally whos

when you're a pleb that sticks to surface-level filmmakers nearly everyone will be a literal-who to you

I had no idea you could actually be this pretentious and ironically plebian at the same time. It's quite impressive.

>Sup Forums is full of contrarian faggots
>See a new thread about an universally beloved film
>Pretty much every thread about universally beloved films on Sup Forums are started by contrarian faggots who are nothing but attention whores
>open thread anyway
>turns out OP is a contrarian faggot
How surprising!

>Samuel Fuller
Ah, yes. What about Monte Hellman? Better than Kubric, amirite?

post a couple of your favourite films cuck-o
i already know that the thing is one of them which is sufficiently embarassing, but i would genuinely like to what other films do you consider to be good

*braps*

so you agree that they are a bunch of literally whos

>everybody that dislikes something popular is a contrarian
boy this attitude sure reminds of another famous website
i think i have forgotten its name, but i believe it starts with an r

The Dark Cuck
Cuck Fiction
Cuck Club
Cuckception
Americuck History X

you are literally gay

no i'm staiting the fact that both him and you are subuhuman plebians who know the names of ten directors tops

so then you agree that they are literal whos that no one has ever heard of

>Watching movies because some online dickhead told you to
>on Sup Forums nonetheless
>Using reddit as an insult
Well, fuck me, what the fuck were you expecting?

said by a guy defending a literal sausage fest of a flick
boy you sure like to put words in my mouth
but since you like this shitty flick, i got a feeling that you'd like to put something else in my mouth

maybe you and this guyshould get together sometime to THOUROUGHLY discuss your love for the thing

>The Thing hate thread
>the OP doesn't criticize the film in anyway and instead spams memes
Every single time. These threads are a testament to the greatness of The Thing.

I don't get it, are you saying they are literally whos or that you want someone to put penises in your mouth?

you have to be mentally ill to dislike The Thing.
kill yourself, retardo.

Carepenter's incompetence as a filmmaker is revelaed literally in the first sequence of the film, and im including the title crawl as part of the opening sequence aswell, because there literally in the title sequence the audience finds out what "The Thing" is (surprise its an alien)
This makes the entire norwegians chasing the dog scene boring ,lifeless, tentionless and every subsequent scene with the dog including the one where our """characters""" discover that the dog is actaully an alien(which we the audience know LITERALLY from the very start of the movie, and im talking the title title sequence not the opening scene)
And then we get to the people in he film Kurt Ruseel & co who were colder than the enviroment they were in
Seriously, i felt nothing towards these humans that felt more inhuman than the alien itself
All they did the entire movie was skulk around this facility following this god-awful script, making stupid decisions so carpenter can show off his special effects skills, because at the end of the day this flick is nothing more thtn one giant hollow, special effects show, with nothing interesting underneath

This type of emotionless, unintelligeng, zero imagination filmamking is exactly the type of stuff the brainless mass audiences crave, so its no wonder that this is so highly praised on this shitty leddit board.

Theres my criticism, now take it, and fuck yourself with it you fucking faggot

Sup Forums does not like to talk about this film because the remake which sucked balls had their shitty waifu and they want others to insult her.

So then you didn't like the fucking movie, that's not the same as it being eternal shit like you claim

Forget Carpenter, the only truly great Nicolas Ray movie is "We Can't Go Home Again" please don't be a ultimate pleb and disavow this movie.

>So then you didn't like the fucking movie
yes
>that's not the same as it being eternal shit like you claim
i never said it was the worst thing ever
i said that it was shit, and when you say the film is shit that almost surely means that you didnt like it

I have no words...........

>Carepenter's incompetence as a filmmaker is revelaed literally in the first sequence of the film, and im including the title crawl as part of the opening sequence aswell, because there literally in the title sequence the audience finds out what "The Thing" is (surprise its an alien) This makes the entire norwegians chasing the dog scene boring ,lifeless, tentionless and every subsequent scene with the dog including the one where our """characters""" discover that the dog is actaully an alien(which we the audience know LITERALLY from the very start of the movie, and im talking the title title sequence not the opening scene)
Your incompetence as a shitposter is revealed in the first sentence of your terrible post. You completely missed the point of the dog scenes, all of them are brimming with tension because you know the dog is The Thing but you don't know when it'll strike.
>And then we get to the people in he film Kurt Ruseel & co who were colder than the enviroment they were in
>Seriously, i felt nothing towards these humans that felt more inhuman than the alien itself
If you pay close attention to how the characters interact with each other you learn little things about their personalities. It's true that they aren't very deep but Carpenter wasn't trying to make them deep.
>All they did the entire movie was skulk around this facility following this god-awful script, making stupid decisions so carpenter can show off his special effects skills,
The Thing is one of the few horror films where the characters never make hilariously dumb mistakes. They make mistakes but they're believable. Every human makes mistakes, no one is perfect.
>because at the end of the day this flick is nothing more thtn one giant hollow, special effects show, with nothing interesting underneath
There's no denying that the special effects are the centerpiece of the film but the film isn't hollow/meaningless. It's all about paranoia.

absolute garbage taste

People like you are the reason Sup Forums is garbage

>The Thing is one of the few horror films where the characters never make hilariously dumb mistakes.

wilford brimley is basically sucking on the swab while poking around with it in an unindentified nightmarish creature, this is no-bodysuits-on-alien-planets tier stupid.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAH

You sound just like the retarded critics who shit on The Thing back in 1982. It isn't supposed to be a character driven film, it's about what paranoia does to people and the horror of facing an otherworldly abomination. Shitting on The Thing for not having heavily developed characters is as dumb as shitting on The Godfather for not having fast-paced action scenes.

Scoott's incompetence as a filmaker is revelaed literally in the title of the film Alien, and im including the letter A as a part of the title aswell, because there literally in the title the audience finds out what "Alien" is (surprise its an alien).

>wilford brimley is basically sucking on the swab while poking around with it in an unindentified nightmarish creature
No he isn't. The cotton swab never touched his skin and he was wearing gloves.
>this is no-bodysuits-on-alien-planets tier stupid.
You're trying way too hard to nitpick this film.

>he watches movies so he can see women making out and or simulating sex with other men
spotted the cuckold

I'm a fan of Cuckformers: The dark of the cuck myself

Also the new film coming out, Duncuck, looks good too

watch the scene again, he is putting the fucking swab against his lips while explaining shit.

>Carepenter's incompetence as a filmmaker is revelaed literally in the first sequence of the film, and im including the title crawl as part of the opening sequence aswell, because there literally in the title sequence the audience finds out what "The Thing" is (surprise its an alien)
>This makes the entire norwegians chasing the dog scene boring ,lifeless, tentionless and every subsequent scene with the dog including the one where our """characters""" discover that the dog is actaully an alien(which we the audience know LITERALLY from the very start of the movie, and im talking the title title sequence not the opening scene)
How can someone be this fucking stupid? You're supposed to know "The Thing" is an alien, you're supposed to know the dog is "The Thing". This isn't incompetence, it's John Carpenter building suspense. During the first 15 minutes of the film you're supposed to be thinking "when is "The Thing" gonna reveal itself?! How will it reveal itself?!"

>Risky Business
>Showgirls
Am I supposed to be impressed by this? Risky Business is a mainstream comedy and Showgirls is one of Verhoeven's worst films. I'll admit Showgirls doesn't deserve the mountains of shit it gets but Verhoeven has made lots of films that are superior.

> "Carepenter's incompetence as a filmmaker is revelaed literally in the first sequence of the film, and im including the title crawl as part of the opening sequence aswell, because there literally in the title sequence the audience finds out what "The Thing" is (surprise its an alien)
This makes the entire norwegians chasing the dog scene boring ,lifeless, tentionless and every subsequent scene with the dog including the one where our """characters""" discover that the dog is actaully an alien(which we the audience know LITERALLY from the very start of the movie, and im talking the title title sequence not the opening scene)"

gotta save this for future memery

pefectly illustrates the "kid tries way too hard to be critical" phenomenon

Okay, that's a fuck up but it's a fairly minor one that only happens for a few seconds. Plus it happens very early on so by the end of the film you've forgotten it. It isn't anywhere near as stupid or jarring as Prometheus or Alien: Covenant.

I should specify that by "minor" I mean it doesn't really stand out unless you're actively trying to find moments where the characters make mistakes. In shit like Prometheus and Alien: Covenant the characters make mistakes that are extremely noticeable.

So you're a special snowflake without the taste to be an arthousefag. you're consuming studio trash of the previous generations, congratulatios on being so cultured, make sure to renew your TCM Wine and Movies subscription

Funniest post of the day. You're a pretentious pleb who thinks liking old Hollywood flicks makes you a patrician. Real film snobs would laugh you out of the room.

Look at your bookmarks, it should be right there.

Mother of god, this can't be real

I always take comfort in knowing that there is a special place in hell for people who don't like The Thing.

Have you been baiting this entire time or are you literally retarded?

I'm pretty sure the cotton swab never directly touched The Thing. Is the autopsy scene on YouTube? If it is we could end this debate right now.

Shit thread.