>Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
>Barry Lyndon
>The Lure
>Othello
>Vampyr
Solid month desu

Real good month

>>Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
It sounds like a lot of the stuff included is already on the Complete Mystery set. I wonder why Criterion wants to release FWWM, instead of another Lynch movie like Dune? Maybe they're cashing in on TP popularity?

I have wanted to see Welles' Othello tho. It's tough to try and watch Welles' movies without the Criterion cleanup because in their native state they often look and sound so rough. Like Chimes of Midnight. It wasn't until I saw the blu-ray, with the volume turned all the way up, with subtitles on, that I could understand what the characters were saying.

Why would they release Dune and not one of his good movies though?

I basically agree with your comments on FWWM otherwise. Releasing it is a pretty big coup for Lynch though as the movie deserves the reputation it is starting to develop after the years of being considered a lesser film. But yeah, the blu ray in the TP boxset already looks great.

>The Lure
a bit of a surprise desu

I see they've run out on good movies already.

>more Lynchshit
fuck you criterion, release some good movies like pic related already

Vampyr is incredible. Some really great cinematography for a 1930's silent film. Creepy as fuck.

>we still haven't gotten American blu-ray releases of Lost Highway, The Elephant Man or The Straight Story
>Wild at Heart got an American blu-ray release but it was limited to 3000 copies
>instead of getting Lost Highway, The Elephant Man, The Straight Story or Wild at Heart we're getting a Lynch film that already had a top notch blu-ray release
I'm kinda mad. I get that Twin Peaks is hot right now and Criterion want to make some cash but I FUCKING WANT HIS OTHER FILMS ON BLU-RAY RIGHT NOW!

Is Personal Shopper actually good? I can't stand Kstew.

Why not Blue Velvet or even Inland Empire?

>Barry Lyndon

Why though?

Fuck no.

>Blue Velvet
Already available on blu-ray, senpai.
>Inland Empire
Yeah, they really need to put that film on blu-ray. It's fucking infuriating that half of Lynch's filmography isn't on blu-ray in the USA.

It's a good film

Yeah, but there's already a blu ray

Olivier Assayas is a hack. Avoid his shitty films.

Yes it is.

pleb af

>z-grade schlock like Microwave Massacre is on blu-ray
>half of Lynch's films aren't
WHY?!

i'd definitely be interested in Lost Highway

Pretty psyched about Barry Lyndon

It'll still make them a lot of money

The Lure was so fucking shit, I don't understand what people see in it.

bringing up baby was a gay romp!

Barry Lyndon is pretty kino

Barry is an asshole and gets what he deserves

Othello's very cool, really happy we're getting it.

Still waiting for Lost Highway Criterion. And Bong Ho has been to Criterion but they haven't released any of his films....why? I want Barking Dogs Never Bite and Memories of Murder on Criterion

>Maybe they're cashing in on TP popularity?

Criterion is a company like any other and they will do what it takes to make $$$$$$$$$$.

I've got one of those 3000 and I already own FWWM in the Blu Ray set. Kind of ridiculous they wouldn't pick Lost Highway or Elephant man. They could have even done a full Lynch set if they wanted

Or they're a company that sometimes needs to make money so they can continue bankrolling the release of obscure, lost gems that hardly anyone will end up purchasing?

fucking knobs

Is there any BL BD that has special features? Because the one I have does not.

What?
I though all of them had extras

His stepson was still a faggot though

Apparently the current blu is in the wrong AR. The Criterion fixes that

>Barry Lyndon

Jesus Christ

Not Barry Lyndon. Warners release was bare bones. Criterion releasing this is great news. Lolita next please.

>1 horror movie for October

Okay, but why?

Because horror isn't art. Vampyr isn't even horror, it was created before the genre existed.

Nosferatu was released way before and it's a horror movie. Good to know you know nothing about the genre.

There are 3 horror movies on that list.

I disagree.

it's super okay

Personal Shopper was stupid (except ghosty parts) and Vampyr aged like raw milk

The Lure was just added because of feminist propaganda as having a female director, don't fall for it.

really glad I put off watching this, BL, and the lure til now. October is going to make my dick explode

But there's a woman on the poster

>distributed by Janus Films
>surprised to see Criterion release it
nice trips tho

Best Kubrick
New 4K remastered video master
Old BD had no special features while this has a whole disc of interviews and documentaries plus booklet

You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know anything about horror. There are lots of horror films and horror novels that are art.

Name them.

It's low grade film festival bait. Don't bother watching it.

Casual Kubrick admirer here - what is Barry Lyndon known for? What should I be paying special attention to when I watch this tonight?

Horror stories have existed since the dawn of man and horror films have existed since the dawn of cinema. Your ignorance is astonishing. Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The Phantom of the Opera, Waxworks, and many other horror films predate Vampyr.

everything

>Barry Lyndon
BASED. Already own both these on blu ray but I can't wait to buy them both again for twice the price because I'm a brand loyal cuckold.

Wow, the Collection is already at 900

Fuck, never going to complete it.

It's worth it imo. Being Criterion is more important than the film itself.

Cinematography, literally every frame looks like a painting

i didn't know anything about him going into the movie but the movie explains everything just fine

there's a zero chance this doesn't look significantly better than the current bluray

Nah she's dogshit and so is everything she's in.

>>Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
I'd rather have Lost Highway

It was pretty much confirmed when it hit iTunes with the criterion logo on the artwork

>new transfer of Barry Lyndon, this time in the right aspect ratio.
>With special features

Oh fuck yes.

Inland Empire was shot digitally in sd, so a blu ray wouldn't do much for the picture quality

current blu ray has no special features, incorrect ar and only includes the 5.1 soundtrack, not the original monaural soundtrack, which will be on the criterion along with the 5.1

Being honest, you'll probably hate it. It's very slow and long. It's nothing like Kubrick's other movies.

Really want LH or IE from Lynch.

And Othello is really good, one of my favorite Welles. Beautiful and emotional

Yes but then at least it would be easily available to buy and maybe have some great extras

How do people not understand this. Literally every month people complain about a release being "unnecessary" because it's popular or already has a release. FWWM may not have been in need of a new release or restoration, but it will sell like hot cakes, especially with the new season of twin peaks, and will make them enough money to fund the acquisition and restoration of movies that do "need" a release

FWWM, the lure, and vampyr are all horror movies you daft cunt

Is the us dvd oop? If so, inland empire definitely needs a new release

I think so, the one on amazon is French and won't play on region A players. The only playable versions I can find are a Japanese (I think) blu ray and a German blu ray that's part of a box set, but both are far too expensive

honestly. They need to cool it with the reddit flicks and give us some more classic hollywood or obscure foreign films.