Guys should i start going to the gym? Is it worth my time and money?

Guys should i start going to the gym? Is it worth my time and money?

What part of television and film don't you FUCKING UNDERSTAND.

You should go brah.

>get gym membership
>never go
>want to cancel it, but can't deal with the confrontation/embarrassment of going down to the gym and cancelling my membership
>still paying monthly

there's literally no better hobby to have

Why do you need a gym?

Push ups and sit ups are free

only if you get fitlit. working on your body and not your body is missing the point of self improvement.

Going to the gym is fine but you should also play sports and do outdoor activities like hiking or trail running.

Some people find passion in getting stronger or in better shape. I think that's dope.

I found it to be boring tbqh. BJJ however is awesome if you want to get in shape and do something with your life.

You have to actually want to go to the gym or you'll just be another person with a pointless gym membership.

That, and you need a consistent diet to get the most of your training.

DYEL

Any reason BJJ in particular is so popular? It seems like every time someone recommends martial arts on Sup Forums it's that one.

>burgers consider daily exercise as a hobby
wew

Just buy some dumbbells and lift at home.
Only need to spend 30 bucks.

And yes it is worth the time to work out, whether its for health, looks, girls, etc

Do it. Don't waste your physical prime being a skinnyfat slob

calisthenics

It's deemed as being the most "practical" martial art. Someone told me that if you're good in BJJ, you can beat 90% of the world population in a fight.

How's your second week of "working out" going so far?

what are some good movies about gym memberships?

>implying i didn't give up after 2 days

:^)

>looks at calendar
>mid-July

protip-if paying through a credit/debit card simply inforn your bank or whatever you lost it.theyll send u a new one and the old one wont work.

get ready for the gym to start calling u like crazy tho.

lol

boxing is the most practical and most alpha martial art

le reddit frog

>It's deemed as being the most "practical" martial art.

Maybe in fucking brazil. The most practical one is boxing, always has been, always will be. A decent boxer will beat 99% of people on the street.

Get into body weight exercise, no need to give (((them))) more money.

If you can make it worth your while get a gym membership but I see plenty of people who buy a years subscription and drop off after a week. I'd recommend working on your self discipline first. make sure you are doing something to stay healthy everyday (every other day at the very least) even if its a few pushups before you go to work. Personal change is the one thing you can't buy so make sure you can stick at it.

Anybody want to explain why this is? Makes no sense. Boxing is a game, the winner is the faggot who abuses the rules most effectively. How could that possibly be more practical in a real fight than actual techniques that utilize everything at a man's disposal?