Why isn't there one single decent American Revolutionary War movie?

Why isn't there one single decent American Revolutionary War movie?

(((they))) don't want you getting any ideas

Is this bait?

>decent

Just because you like that Mel is a racist doesn't mean his movies are good.

John Adams kinda

I love Mel (and hate kikes) but that movie is a fantasy.

John Adams is great.

This. Based Mel!

Nigga tomahawk guerrila mel had its good moments

fuck off schlomo

>The Patriot not decent...

It's not a perfect movie by any means and I'm no fan of Gibson, but it qualifies as a decent Revolutionary War film.

Also, John Adams (more of a mini series and no depiction of the war, just the backroom dealings). Had great close ups on the forefathers

Just because you don't like that Mel is a racist doesn't mean that his movies are bad.

True freedom kino

>t. Jew

So is Saving Private Ryan but that is a decent WWII film.

>but it qualifies as a decent Revolutionary War film.
It's pure schlock. Entertaining, but not a good representation of the war itself.

That movie is okay at its very best

This is Roland Emmerich's best film by far, looks great, has fine acting, and is so close to being a good film, but it's not, and entirely because of the writing.

Too many white males

Meanwhile, they pump out holocaust movies

As a silent film it would be great

Tell us about all those holocaust movies in the recent years

The John Adams miniseries is the closest thing.

THEY'RE JUST PUMPING THEM OUT THOSE FUCKING JEWS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I hope someday a director comes along to give the founding fathers the mythical light that painting shines. Realism be damned.

The Zookeeper's Wife[4] is a 2017 war drama film directed by Niki Caro and written by Angela Workman, based on the non-fiction book of the same name by Diane Ackerman, recounting the rescue of Jews from the Nazi invasion.[5][Note 1] The film stars Jessica Chastain, Johan Heldenbergh, Michael McElhatton and Daniel Brühl.

that should make a movie about francis marion (the swamp fox) who was the american revolutionarys fist terrorist and have him using isis tactics like IEDs and beheading people

So ... one movie?

Because the real Revolutionary War was pretty brutal by modern standards, what with American pouring boiling tar onto people and an endless cycle of kidnappings and murders, particularly between loyalists and rebels.

If you like historical fiction, with emphasis on fiction over historical, about the American Revolutionary War. Not to mention it has the same plot as every other Mel Gibson movie.

What % of ww2 films are historical fiction?

Isn't the most highly touted WW2 movie Saving Ryan's Privates?

it's illegal to make film representations of george wahington as he is considered a deity in america

>da jooz xd

Dunkachinos your path.

No I just grabbed the latest one on Wikipedia they have a whole list of Holocaust movies that release year after year after year if you cared so much to do a two second Google search you idiot

>have him using isis tactics l
They're called guerilla tactics you absolute bell end.

>fiction is sooooo gay especially around an era Americans deify xD
I bet you feel so smart.

Thats hard to say since even movies based on real people and real events undergo changes in adaptation to the screen for practical and dramatic reasons.
I'm looking at you hacksaw ridge

Have you taken your crazy pills today?

your mom nigga

Because the actual war was a pretty boring affair.

There were no massive set piece battles with hundreds of thousands of soldiers like in the Napoleonic Wars... There were mostly skirmishes...

The Battle of Saratoga, for example, it was one of the largest engagements in the war (in terms of forces committed to a single battle) and is widely regarded as the turning point in the war (the American victory convinced France the war was winnable and to lend us aid)...

That battle was ~9,000 Americans against 6,000 British and resulted in about 90 Americans dying in 450 British dying...

Not exactly riveting stuff.

It was a war of attrition and was long and tedious.

----
This on top of the fact that it is hard to translate that into a movie... Modern war movies work because you have specific characters engaging in small unit actions... That kind of action didn't happen back then, the two sides would meet and skirmish until one side retreated.

Waterloo worked as a movie because it focused on the officers of one particular battle, but none of the battles were large enough in the American Revolution to warrant similar treatment.

>Because the actual war was a pretty boring affair.
>
>There were no massive set piece battles with hundreds of thousands of soldiers like in the Napoleonic Wars... There were mostly skirmishes...
you could make a pretty good film about the battle of Yorktown and the naval battle that preceded it.
i would also like a film or series about nathaneil greene and the guerrilla campaigns in the soulth

and sometimes they undergo changes just because they think you are retarded

people always gripe about historical accuracy, but really this film is the best piece of amerikino ever made

because the good guys lost

>Because the actual war was a pretty boring affair.
That geopolitical game was on point though.

I, for one, choose to believe that dude absolutely used another dude's torso as a literal meat-shield.

If you like Assassins Creed III

because we have to teach the breaking point to stand.
they don't want us to stand.
we are defeated, but JFK lives.

There was The Zookeepers Wife, and this one about killing Hitler called 13 Minutes coming out.

Not even saying they're pumping them out but it's still a popular genre. I know because I work at an indie theater and EVERY TIME one of these shits comes out you got like 2000 old people a day being like "One for World War 2, sonny?"

Hamilton was fun. Most people are gonna shit on it here because "Muh niggers reeeee" but it got me to give a shit about the founding fathers by exposing me to a side I wouldn't have looked up otherwise. Hamilton and Burr's rivalry was actually really fascinating.

but his movies are good, whether you like him or not :^)

because you didn't lose

i know it's not a movie but think ''Turn'' is pretty great.