Drug tests are an authoritarian invasion of privacy

So, Sup Forums I just had a phone interview with a company I'm really interested in working for. Toward the end of the interview, the guy asks me
>"So we do both a urine test and a hair follicle test, is there anything in your past that might cause you to fail that?"
>"Uhh, no sir?"
I haven't smoked marijuana since ~mid March, but I'm still concerned about the follicle test. He claimed that it could detect "4 to 6 months" back but after doing a little research, most sources are saying ~90 days is the extent of the test's capacity.

That being said, I'm still really fucking worried about it, because this is a career opportunity I'm sincerely interested in (not just for the money, but for the fact that I'm interested in the actual work they do)

First of all, isn't this a violation of my constitutional rights?

Second of all, does anyone know what kind of chance I stand to pass this test?

Last time I smoked was in mid-March, and I have a really fast metabolism. Any first hand experiences with this stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/03/20/cvs-pharmacy-wants-workers-health-information-or-theyll-pay-a-fine/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>First of all, isn't this a violation of my constitutional rights?
show me in the constitution where it says it's okay to be a degenerate

i hope you they turn you down hard when you fail

I only ever had to do this once and it was just awkward as hell even though I've never done drugs. Feeling like you're being watched, not even able to wash your hands til you give the person the cup, etc. Whatever I didn't get the job anyway but that was completely because they shoved me onto a "waiting list" instead of actually hiring me, yes people treat jobs like colleges now. Don't fucking advertise that you need people for a job and then not actually have the fucking job vacancy.

The fact that they don't want drug users and ask you to submit to a voluntary drug test is a violation of your rights?
If you want a big boy job, act like a big boy and quit getting high.

Here you go

>The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

When literally any job that I can actually support my family with wants to test me for {{{{{drugs}}}}}

idk kinda feels a little invasive, don't ya think?

I mean, a hair follicle test? Really?

It's ridiculous. My wife works at a hospital and they even test for nicotine. We don't smoke but even at party she can't have a cigarette or be in a smoke filled room because the test detects nicotine from a week or two back.

If you're performing well at your job, it shouldn't be anyone's fucking business what you do on your off time.

It is invasive. I understand drug testing after a work place accident. Drug testing for a job though, thats invasive.

This is why I spend My money wisely

You're not being forced to take a drug test; you're allowed to decline.

you aren't obligated to take that job. if you don't want to be tested, don't apply from the job. the bill of rights protects you from the government. the test is voluntary.

I've never tried a single illegal drug in my life. I've never wanted to pollute my body or dull my mind. And I absolutely hate the "dude weed LMAO" drug culture.

And I still think you're an ignorant fucking cunt.

The current trend of businesses analyzing every last aspect of who you are and what you believe is an end run around the Bill of Rights. They're successfully curbing private activities, speech, and politics. They're pushing a hard left liberal agenda and punishing anyone who fails to comply.

Mark my words, the day is going to come when they start discriminating based on genetic testing and hidden beliefs revealed via brain scans. And yes, it is already possible to tease out hidden beliefs. We can't directly read the mind, but we can test for general emotional/stress responses while a person is viewing random images on the screen. Did you experience a sexual response when that scantily clad teenage "child" flashed on the screen? Or a response of anger when that liberal candidate flashed on the screen? Were you about to laugh at Caitlyn Jenner's photo?

NO JOB FOR YOU.

The world is becoming a mix of 1984 and Brave New World and I fucking hate it. And you are the degenerate for supporting it.

>the bill of rights should only constrain the government
>hurr durr i can't see 6 inches in front of my face

They already probably google your name and look at your Facebook. Oh and one of the only ways to get connections now is LinkedIn.

>I've never wanted to pollute my body or dull my mind.

You're an idiot. Do you eat refined sugars or foods that cause cell inflammation? The answer is yes, you do.

Shieeeet

tests are wrong majority of the time
people who do the test fuck it up all the time
it's such a great scam.

>sugar = pot = alcohol = cocaine = heroin

Unless you're diabetic, sugar in moderation does not affect your ability to reason or perform a task.

All the other things do.

I don't care that people do them. But I do not want to do them.

No. If it was the police demanding this, then maybe.

>Second of all, does anyone know what kind of chance I stand to pass this test?

You're almost certainly fine, don't sweat it.

Yeah, that applies to governmental action against a person, not volunteering to take a drug test for employment.

Holllly shit. I have family that works in hospitals...smoking is hella hella common among people there. I can't even imagine "you cannot smoke cigarettes as a condition of employment"

>Look at your Facebook.

Don't have one.

>Google your name
Generic name, only shows on census records and me winning an award from Microsoft.
>LinkedIn

Got it.

Also never been drugs tested in UK for any job. Must be an American thing.

>Mark my words, the day is going to come when they start discriminating based on genetic testing and hidden beliefs revealed via brain scans.

They're pretty soundly NOT allowed to discriminate based on medical conditions, so...I don't see it happening.

But, people should refuse to work at (non-public-safety) jobs that require drug testing. Apply, interview, get a conditional job offer, then decline the testing.

If enough people do it often enough, businesses WILL get the message that they need to get the fuck out of their employees' business

I'm not a drug guy but unless you have an incredibly clean diet, you are certainly polluting your mind any body. Processed sugars and foods that cause inflammation will certainly dull your mind and wreck your body. They're also linked to degenerative disorders like Alzheimers.

I'm a nutritionist and I get so sick of these holier than thou "I would never do drugs!" people who are usually fat shits. It often turns out they drink, smoke, and take some sort of pain medication- But least they don't smoke a degenerate plant which decreases cell inflammation and combats cancer!

>They're pretty soundly NOT allowed to discriminate based on medical conditions, so...I don't see it happening.

It's already happening, just at a level were normies can say "they're not going to discriminate, it's just a common sense policy." Kind of like Democrats aren't after your guns, they just want some "common sense" laws.

abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/03/20/cvs-pharmacy-wants-workers-health-information-or-theyll-pay-a-fine/

>But, people should refuse to work at (non-public-safety) jobs that require drug testing. Apply, interview, get a conditional job offer, then decline the testing.
>If enough people do it often enough, businesses WILL get the message that they need to get the fuck out of their employees' business

Agreed. But that can be a tough line to hold when you're hungry.

no you fucking idiot its a consensual deal made between a citizen and a non government entity. If you don't like their requirements the government isnt holding a gun to your head making you it; you have the right to walk away.

I get your point.

I don't drink or smoke, and I avoid prescription meds except when absolutely necessary (i.e. a bacterial infection that my immune system is not beating).

And I do not look down upon someone using pot to help with a medical condition, i.e. cancer, chronic pain, etc.

But "hurr durr let's get high" drug culture drives me nuts. I don't think FedGov should SWAT raid them and destroy their lives with prison. Nor do I think they should be barred from employment. (Last thing they need is more time on the couch to get high.) But it can be fucking disgusting. I know people who probably need some pot, and people whose lives have been wrecked by pot / alcohol / name your poison.

"The dose is the poison." You can destroy yourself with something that helps another person.

>lolbertarian

We're going to come to the point where we choose between the Bill of Rights and corporate "freedum."

Keep in mind the corporations collaborate with the government that is supposed to be restrained by the Bill of Rights.

Fuck off, retard. And learn how to read the Constitution. A potential employer asking for your consent to give you a drug test that you can refuse is not unreasonable search and seizure. It's your dumbass fault for being a degenerate pothead. I wouldn't hire you either.

Well, no, NOT allowing drug tests would be, by definition, authoritarian. Ya got it backwards.

Why should I not be able to put whatever security measures I consider needed to keep degenerate druggies from compromising my company? why can't I do what I want with my money?

You don't have a right to make someone employ you.

Sorry you make shitty choices.

White people will pass a hair follicle test sooner as fair hair is more fragile and the metabolites degrade earlier. If you're worried, bleach your hair and redye it. Damaging the hair will make you more likely to pass.

Subbing urine tests is the best way to go, even if you are clean. False positives are possible, and less likely using a control such as a synthetic/ fetish urine.

As for your constitutional rights; you have no right to use a federally restricted substance. Sadly, there's a lot of money in drug testing, it is a literal industry. It is easy to beat, but not legally.

Marijuana is a big cash cow for the government. Big pharma, prison industry, and CIA black programs all rely on Marijuana remaining popular, but illegal and punishable.

Bull fucking shit, nicotine exits your system after 24 hours and prohibiting employees from partaking in legal substances while on their own time is unheard of. Prove me wrong faggot.

I personally would spend the cash on one, unless it keeps insurance rates down.
Not hard to sniff out a burn out

hilarious picture