Robocop

Alright gents, today marks the 30th anniversary of the greatest movie ever set in Detroit.

Lets talk about how fucking badass this movie is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OtHqqkpfmMU
youtube.com/watch?v=h16e5Bm2m3M
youtube.com/watch?v=8Noum7llJDY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-2WPo0yE9w
youtu.be/pGemfKLV1JA
vimeo.com/86014703
youtu.be/Bta1DUegd-o
youtube.com/watch?v=t1_Pw563opc
youtube.com/watch?v=E3vgz-FYS04
youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump for great justice, and fuck you if you don't love this movie.

> The scene where Murphy gets riddled with bullets

Damn, they no longer show that kind of violence.

Post favorite scene

youtube.com/watch?v=OtHqqkpfmMU

>the cameraman following the politician on the way out of the window
gets me every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=h16e5Bm2m3M

it's even better in the Director's Cut, imo

>dude violence lmao

thats exactly the point. you literally just laid out the satire of the entire film.

It's so hard picking a favorite part since this whole movie is incredible.

The making of

youtube.com/watch?v=8Noum7llJDY

oh wow, so you're telling me that hyper violent flick is actually denouncing violence?
so deep... I'm sure everybody loved it because they were so smart ass liberals enjoying the """satire""", and not because it was a violent cop doing his work right user, sure.

>tfw pakistan threatens your borders

you are my fucking guy. where is this from?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-2WPo0yE9w

Try not to be a salty little bitch always user.

Not sure, got into the habit of watching the making of documentaries of film on youtube.

I thought I was on reddit for a moment.

Bet you are used to it.

>when they cross your line of death

The honest trailer for Robocop, I think, is the best thing screenjunkies has produced.
youtu.be/pGemfKLV1JA

We'll never get blockbusters that are also pure kino like this ever again, will we?

I'm afraid not, user.
Its a damn shame.

This movie had a lot of prescient commentary on neoliberalism especially concerning privatization and it's fucking insane that there's a ripoff tv show that just aired that was like "what if SILICON VALLEY perfected the police force?". It's been like 30 years and the same plot in 2017 has changed from distopian to utopian. We're fucking doomed guys.

most people enjoyed it because of the violence and missed the satire, but that's not the fault of the movie, the american education is to blame.

>"what if SILICON VALLEY perfected the police force?"
no, its more like "what if corporate America perfected the police force because of Reaganomics?"

to be fair the new one was made by jews who literally gave the finger to original robocop fans showing the design on screen as a body choice and laughing at it.

>showing the design on screen as a body choice

???

>>when they cross your line of death
Thats it buster, NO MORE MILITARY AID

why haven't you dismantled your MX stockpile yet, user?

What is this, your sixth failed thread faggot?

>TFW most of Robocop's predictions have come to pass except for Robocop himself, so Detroit has nothing to look forward to

At least its about a good film and not john wick 2

Fuck off you 90s born queer. We dont need you meming faggots ruining another movie. Fuck yourself.

vimeo.com/86014703
Reminder that this was made by the lasagnacat people.

80's and i saw this movie at 8 you flaming paranoid fag

RoboCop is my favourite film!

I saw it at 5 you dumb fuck.

>getting defensive over John Shit 2

So what 7 years ago?

I havent even seen it.

Go back redditfag

>Post favorite scene

youtu.be/Bta1DUegd-o

Hit a nerve did I?

It's impossible to hate Robocop because he's pretty good at the job. He's the hero every coast city needs to combat crime.

Robocop is my favorite super hero

I have a lot of thoughts about him being sort of a home-grown hero and how he is the embodiment of what the rust belt can accomplish when corrupt kikes fail to prevent innovation but im too lazy to go into it right now

robocop is the tragic victim of an ever-privatizing profit oriented dystopic system, but he is an admirable individual, which is partially why he is exploited by the system. on one level, the movie is about how the post-ww2 america abuses the values that are traditionally held in high esteem, like diligence and honesty and lawfulness.

imagine seeing this and hearing the movie theater cheer about a cop killing a buncha dudes

Yeah but he has a gun in his hip.

Id buy that for a dollar

i'm not saying what you're saying is wrong, i'm saying there's another layer to it. the hip gun is very very cool.

I feel like he would be a tragic victim of Political Correctness, gentrification, and progressive politics for the same reason.

Thank you for not being rude to me and agreeing that the hip gun is cool.

Remember the part where the robocop walks on water? Symbolism!

one could argue that all established systems of authority devolve into an exploitation of naive and virtuous members of society. however, verhoeven is a fairly progressive and liberal film-maker and as such the message of the movie is about the perils of the privatization of the market and the prioritization of profits over overall well-being.

youtube.com/watch?v=t1_Pw563opc

2:31

>2:40
>first night on duty
>already solved one robbery and one rape

computer enhanced practical effects > cgi
prove me wrong
you can't

Privatization of the market occurs in the first place because the American citizen doesn't trust the government to handle it.

All my feels.
youtube.com/watch?v=E3vgz-FYS04

He is in the second one

The ultimate tribute to the ultimate movie.

vimeo.com/86014703

Not sure why that's supposed to be surprising. Dark humor and surprisingly good production values have been their trademarks for about a decade.
youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40

my intention isn't to get into a genuine argument about systems of governance or lack thereof, i'm just trying to illustrate what verhoeven intended to communicate with the movie.

I still remember that early morning I watched it on cable and listened to the whole end theme, before catching some sleep to go to the school. As I listened to it I thought to myself I have lost my way. The movie was as good as the first time I saw it but I no longer knew what I am supposed to do. That was 10 years ago.

MURPHY! YOU DONT JUST SHOOT PEOPLE IN THE DICK!

Ah fuck, now I have an intense urge to rewatch this movie for the millionth time.

THAT'S IT BUSTER, NO MORE MILITARY AID!

>but I no longer knew what I am supposed to do
get a gun and clean up detroit. Be the hero we deserve user

Go watch more 80's movies friend.

I expected a typical lame cheap amateur unfunny parody and witnessed actual kino.

You must be a faggot.

Ironic that more intelligent discourse is happening here than on Reddit.

RoboCop or Predator?

comedic genius

this isn't even computer enhanced
its rearscreen photography

and I still can't believe phill did some of the scenes with stop motion ed with that method

Robocop, although Predator is great too. Robocop is endlessly watchable, Predator I can't imagine myself watching too many times.

SAYONARA, ROBOCOP!!!!

What other bad guy final words can even compete?