ITT: interesting movie trivia

>A young Jenny McCarthy was auditioning for Under Siege 2. Steven Seagal asked her to take off her top. When she saw the script, she realized that the film didn’t call for any nudity, and called Steven out on it. He responded that the film involved “off-camera nudity."

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/unnecessary-cgi-special-effects/
indiewire.com/2013/02/stanley-kubricks-favorite-films-included-the-jerk-white-men-cant-jump-modern-romance-101486/
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3-mXnkoYA&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>When Woody Allen cast Jason Biggs as the lead in "Anything Else", he was under the impression that Biggs was Jewish. During filming, Allen began talking to Biggs about the Jewish holiday, Rosh Hashanah. Biggs did not know what to say and told Allen that he was in fact a Catholic. Allen said at the Venice Film Festival, “I saw him in that pie movie [American Pie] and I thought he was a Jew.”

According to IMDB, Lindsey Lohan was originally casted in Michelle Monaghan's role in Source Code, before her "legal troubles".

Kind of think we dodged a bullet on that one.

>"Paul Dano wasn't actually originally cast in 12 Years a Slave. Rumor has it that at some point during the shoot he randomly wandered onto the Louisiana set and started ordering the black actors around,[5] screaming obscenities at them. Steve McQueen, having the deft touch and artistic integrity that he does, kept the cameras rolling and was able to capture most of the footage. They even made some adjustments to the original story in order to work the harrowing footage into the film.[6][7]

>Jason Biggs isn't Jewish

That's relevatory as fuck, I had no idea.

Should've walked into a bank interview instead and said hello.

Starting Salary: $300,000.

>Biggs' mother is of Sicilian descent.

Nah, he's jewish. A lot of jews that immigrated to new york claimed to be Silician to try and get in the good graces of older Italian families. That's why there's a bunch of "Italians" that look like the stereotypical jew.

The scene where Wendy confronts Jack with the baseball bat took an entire day. Kubrick made Duvall do 127 takes, and derided her acting ability the entire time, basically torturing her to get the performance he wanted. Her tears and exhaustion in that shot are real.

based kubrick

Taxi Driver: The clash between Martin Scorsese, the MPAA and the executives at Columbia over the violent content of this film has gone into legend. One of the biggest rumors is that, when facing an X rating from the MPAA and having to edit the film, Scorsese stayed up all night drinking with a loaded gun in his hand, preparing to shoot the executive at Columbia the next day. After an entire night of persuasion from his friends, Scorsese decided to mute the colors in the violent climax and subsequently got his R rating. There are many variations on this legend, one saying that Scorsese was actually planning to take his OWN life; another says that he actually brought the gun to Columbia and threatened the executive until the executive relented.

Most of the film, as well as several other features by Werner Herzog, was shot on a 35mm camera that he stole from his film school. He readily admits to the theft but also attempts to justify it with the significance of the films he's made with the camera.
According to director Werner Herzog, Klaus Kinski threatened to abandon the film entirely at one point during the shooting. Herzog says he threatened to kill Kinski and then turn the gun on himself if Kinski left - and later declared he was quite prepared to do so. Kinski stated in interviews that Herzog wielded a pistol to emphasize the threat, but Herzog denies this.

To pass time between takes, Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck would see who could lift the heaviest weights above their head. A small rivalry broke out between the two actors, resulting in arguments on set. Snyder liked this as it added extra tension to the scenes they filmed together.

Marlon Brando was paid $1 million in advance. He threatened to quit and keep the advance. Francis Ford Coppola told his agent that he didn't care, and if they couldn't get Brando, they would try Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford, and then Al Pacino. Brando eventually turned up late, drunk, 40kg (about 88lbs) overweight, and admitted he hadn't read the script or even "Heart of Darkness", the book it was based on. He read Coppola's script, and refused to do it. After days of arguments over single lines of dialogue, an ad-lib style script was agreed upon, and this was shot according to Brando's stipulations that he be filmed mostly in shadows.

A fistful of dollors was basically a remake of yojimbo, kurosawa sued and the filmakers had to pay 15% of the movie's earning to akira kurosawa.
Kurosawa made more money from this (a fistful of dollors) than he made from yojimbo.

which actually ended up working to the benefit of the film

>select all squares with washed up actors

>Snyder liked this as it added extra tension to the scenes they filmed together.

but there wasn't any tension

The "baseball scene" in Inglorious Basterds where Donny Donowitz smashes the brains of that german soldier, wasn't supposed to go down like that, originally. The first german soldier was supposed to tell the basters what they wanted to know. But when Tarantino was doing casting in Germany, he offered the role to this german actor he wanted to work with.
The guy read his scene in script, and told Tarantino that he does want to work with him, but he will not portray a german soldier as a coward. So Quentin re-wrote the scene, and that character. And "I respectfully refuse, sir!" became one of the most memorable moments in the movie.

They just sound like a couple of bores to be honest

Based Brando

Man, it must suck being this paranoid about everyone being Jewish. Just drop it you fool.

He meant sexual tension

Chad Stahelski, one of the directors of John Wick which stars Keanu Reeves, was Keanu Reeves' stunt double in The Matrix.

your e a kike

Definitely a jew. I asked my dad and he agreed 100%.

Also in John Wick, they weren't allowed to give laxatives to the puppy under CA law, so they spent $5000 on CGI dog shit.
slashfilm.com/unnecessary-cgi-special-effects/

youre ((JUICE)))

Marlon Brando did not have his lines memorized in The Godfather. They had to place cue cards off camera for him to read. They were sometimes taped to the bodies of other actors and positioned so that the camera didn't capture them.

oh you can tell

And you're both 12 year old sheltered morons.

what the fuck was his problem?

White Men Can't Jump was one of Stanley Kubrick's favorite movies towards the end of his life.

indiewire.com/2013/02/stanley-kubricks-favorite-films-included-the-jerk-white-men-cant-jump-modern-romance-101486/

Movie?

He wanted out of acting but they pulled him back in with money.

Walt Disney wanted Snow White's voice to be special, so he made the voice actress Adriana Caselotti sign a contract forbidding her from acting again. But she has an uncredited role in the Wizard of Oz - during the Tin Man's song 'If I Only Had A Heart', she's the female voice who sings "Wherefore art thou, Romeo?"

>TIL Judith was last seen riding her bike on the morning of July 25, 1988. That evening, József shot her in the head while she was sleeping, and then murdered Maria. He spent the next two days wandering around the house, and said during a phone conversation with Judith's agent the next night that he intended to move out for good, and just needed time to "say goodbye to my little girl." He then poured gasoline on the bodies and set them on fire. After incinerating the bodies, he went to the garage and shot himself in the head with a .32 caliber pistol. Matt Leblanc bought a hot dinner.

>so he made the voice actress Adriana Caselotti sign a contract forbidding her from acting again
christ, disney was a fucking monster..

IL that in 1985, 2 men broke into Fran Drescher's home and one of them raped Fran and her friend and gunpoint while Fran's husband was tied up and forced to watch the ordeal. Matt LeBlanc bought a hot dinner

Apocalypse Now, come on user get your shit together.

In Blade Runner, when Rachel confronts Deckard in his apartment after her revelation about her past, Deckard throws her against a wall before kissing her. Rachel's tears in the dialoge afterwards, while dramatic, are genuine. Harrison Ford actually hurt her.

Was it autism?

Based Brando. This reminded me of how he was the integral part of that enormous trainwreck called The Island of Dr. Moreau:

>Marlon Brando wore a small radio receiver to aid him remembering his lines. Co-star David Thewlis claimed "He'd be in the middle of a scene and suddenly he'd be picking up police messages and Marlon would repeat, 'There's a robbery at Woolworths'."

>It was Marlon Brando's idea for Doctor Moreau to wear an ice-bucket on his head in one scene. He came up with the idea out of boredom and because of the heat. Everyone was to afraid to ask him to remove it.

>According to David Thewlis, Marlon Brando described making the film as like trying to complete a crossword puzzle while falling down an elevator shaft.

>Hofschneider’s screentime was further cut down because Brando became obsessed with the world’s smallest man, Nelson De La Rosa. So he insisted the script be revised, and with some Hofschneider’s scenes being given to De La Rosa.

>Brando also began to clash with Kilmer over the latter's continuing erratic behavior, and according to Film Threat magazine, on one occasion Brando told Kilmer: "You're confusing your talents with the size of your paycheck".

>Actors playing Moreau's creations would spend hours in makeup, only to find out that they weren't needed. At one point, a day's filming was cancelled when Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer refused to come out of their trailers until the other did.

And the list goes on. It was truly one of the most insane filming ever in the history of Hollywood due to various reasons.

>was

I've got another bit of trivia about Walt that you may want to hear...

How does that even make sense if they didnt even speak italian?

it's a good movie desu

I love Leone's defense of allegedly ripping off Yojimbo,
He said that the story [of Yojimbo and affod] was a really well-known Italian folk-tale and that he was just reclaiming it

>woody allen literally only hired him because he'sa kike
top kek his movies make so much more sense

go on...

i would give that man my penis if he needed it.

Don't try to interject logic and rational into the argument, their tiny brains can't handle it.

he's Frozen.

>Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer refused to come out of their trailers until the other did.
>while a bunch of people in animal make-up sits and watches, maybe begging them to come out

This has the making of one hell of a good comedy.

No, it was ego, an ego that people just never stopped fanning. If someone had actually told him to fuck off rather than go along with him on absolutely everything he wouldn't have ended up with such kooky demands.

classic paul dano

>top kek his movies make so much more sense
>his movies
all movies you mean

Honestly, why do directors put up with this shit. There's no way it's possibly worth the man-hours wasted to get this bumbling entitled fuck working that you couldn't just grab another well known actor and pay off Brando's contract.

>tm

>During filming for BAD BOYS, Will Smith refused to say the line "I love you, man" to Martin Lawrence. Director Michael Bay argued that it was important to the characters' development, but Smith was resolute. After nearly 24 hours of arguing, Bay relented and told Smith to improvise something of equal significance. Smith realized that he couldn't and agreed to the line.

>he's Frozen 2: Olaf's Adventure

fucking child. i didn't think i could hate him more...

How does it logically follow that a jew who poses as an Italian would be unable to speak Italian?

>I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man.
>I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.

>He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

This is pure autism

That's literally how good Brando was. It's as simple as that.

Because thats nonsense. Jews have a community and tend to stick together, why would they lie about being another ethnicity.

The cat Brando was holding and petting was a stray cat that wandered on set.
He had to dub his lines in later because the cat was purring so loud that the mic didn't pick up Brando's lines. Apparently the director wanted him to get rid of the cat but was too intimidated to ask.

>Initially, Gene Hackman refused to cut off his mustache to play Lex Luthor. In early one-sheets of the movie his face is featured with a mustache. Before Richard Donner and Hackman met face-to-face, Donner proposed to Hackman that if he would cut his mustache, Donner would cut his too, and Hackman agreed. It turned out later that Donner did not have a mustache at all. He wore a false moustache that he peeled off at the last moment.

>Waiter: Gentlemen, bon appétit. How is everything?

>O.W.: We’re talking, thank you. [Waiter leaves.] I wish they wouldn’t do that. If I ever own a restaurant, I will never allow the waiters to ask if the diners like their dishes. Particularly when they’re talking.

>H.J.: What is wrong with your food?

>O.W.: It’s not what I had yesterday.

>H.J.: You want to try to explain this to the waiter?

>O.W.: No, no, no. One complaint per table is all, unless you want them to spit in the food. Let me tell you a story about George Jean Nathan, America’s great drama critic. Nathan was the tightest man who ever lived, even tighter than Charles Chaplin. And he lived for 40 years in the Hotel Royalton, which is across from the Algonquin. He never tipped anybody in the Royalton, not even when they brought the breakfast, and not at Christmastime. After about ten years of never getting tipped, the room-service waiter peed slightly in his tea. Everybody in New York knew it but him. The waiters hurried across the street and told the waiters at Algonquin, who were waiting to see when it would finally dawn on him what he was drinking! And as the years went by, there got to be more and more urine and less and less tea. And it was a great pleasure for us in the theater to look at a leading critic and know that he was full of piss. And I, with my own ears, heard him at the ‘21’ complaining, saying, “Why can’t I get tea here as good as it is at the Royalton?” That’s when I fell on the floor, you know.

But why would they be unable to speak Italian?

god, this man was a fucking trainwreck

is this fucking gradeschool? what's wrong with all these actors?

Where the fuck did the jew learn good enough Italian to fool anyone? Did he just take the bus downtown to Italian-class after work?

Why would they need to?

>tfw you'll never wander in off the street and get petted by Brando as he shoots one of his most famous scenes

What if they lived in Italy
Living in Italy?

>Michael Bay envisioned PEARL HARBOR as an R-rated war epic revolving around the friendship between Ben Affleck's and Josh Hartnett's characters, but the studio demanded the movie to be PG-13 and include a love triangle to ape TITANIC. Bay disagreed with the demands and temporarily quit production over a dozen times.

>Kate Beckinsale later complained about Bay's behavior on set, claiming that he told her to lose weight after she wore "unflattering" leather trousers to her audition and was later heard saying that she was cast because she was "plain" and non-threatening to the average female moviegoer.

Absolutely based.

Then yes, but as the original user implied they wanted to infiltrate the Sicilians in New York. Which is pants on head retarded

Perhaps more musician/fashion designer than actor, Kanye is still known to be difficult when he finds himself on a set. Will Ferrell had this to say about the egotistical rapper while filming Anchorman 2:

"It was very surreal to have Kanye – who’s such a big fan of comedy – in our movie hanging out for two days. He was playing the new tracks a lot – over and over. Even when you’re trying to film, he’s playing the tracks. They’re loud, too. We got a scared 18-year-old intern to ask him to turn them down.” “He hung out, even after we said: ‘You’re done.’ He was like, ‘no, no’ and stayed in the background, hanging out and fighting with people.“

He's gay and it hit too close to homo

Fuckin kek

>Kate Beckinsale
>plain
is this not earth?
i guess Bay was right about the romance shit. totally ruined an otherwise solid movie.

>live in Italy speaking Italian and everything
>emigrate to the US
>guy at Ellis island asks where you're from and you say Italy
>"those conniving Jews pretended to be Italian just to get in good graces with the Italian families!"

>During filming for 2014's Transformers: Age of Extinction, director Michael Bay was approached by local crooks who attempted to extort protection money from the production crew. When Bay refused, one of the crooks threw a nearby air-conditioner at him in a fit of rage, which was the inspiration for the scene in which Mark Wahlberg's and Titus Welliver's characters fight on the side of a building using air-conditioners as a weapons.

Steven Seagal is known to have a military-like disposition on set. He apparently brought that energy with him when he was set to host "Saturday Night Live" in 1991. Cast member Tim Meadows recalls, "The biggest problem with Steven Seagal was that he would complain about jokes that he didn’t get, so it was like – you can’t explain something to somebody in German if they don’t speak German. He just wasn’t funny and he was very critical of the cast and the writing staff. He didn’t realize that you can’t tell somebody they’re stupid on Wednesday and expect them to continue writing for you on Saturday."

Yes, that doesn't make sense. I'm pretty sure the only country in the world that banned jews and considered them especially poorly at the time was Norway.

>based Brandoposters
So, basically, Brando was (and probably always will be) the most powerful actor to ever live.

I read that Seagal was such a gigantic asshole that they were DANGEROUSLY close to just scrapping the whole episode, telling everyone to go home, and just rerunning a previous episode that night, and that's the closest they ever got to that.

classic

I like the story where Steven segal gets choked out by some stunt guy/martial arts expert and end up shitting his pants

stop trying to justify the bullshit

Brando was paid over 2 million dollars for 2 weeks of work for Superman. That's 2 million dollars to read off a bunch of fantastic nonsense in a fancy bathrobe, and it's still one of the most captivating and mezmorizing performances ever shown in a capeshit movie to this day.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3-mXnkoYA&t

>Seagal horrified the SNL sketch by proposing a sketch where he'd play a pdychiatrist who keeps trying to molest a patient while she tearfully recounts how she was raped.

why do I have such a soft spot for this derpy looking woman

>people brings up news
>jew tries to jew
>gets called out
>y...y....you're just underage
Whst do you care if people mentions jews? It's Hollywood! Stop being a stereotype.

t. Jew

Same reason as Popeye.
You want to protect her.

not him but yeah everyone was anti semetic so it's possible it happened at least once

>when the nuke kicks in