/éire/

Criminality edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/158111636/#158121357
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck ireland

Very rude.

Why do Japanese police have Pac-Man on their hats?

Delet this

these threads are bad

Fuck off, Discord shill.

NOTHING, I KNOW NOTHING

>masturbated 3 times yesterday
>masturbated again when I woke up an hour ago
>already got another erection

>masturbate once or twice a week
Calm down, semen demon.

>another week has gone by

>another month has gone by

>masturbate
>heart starts beating faster than my hand
>Continue anyway
>Chest pain all day

I'm surprised to be thinking this but maybe a Discord isn't the worst of ideas.
Too much of the content posted here isn't substantial. Threads are made for the sake of having one rather than someone having something interesting to discuss and they wind up full of filler posts like "marbh", "naoi", foreigners drive by posting or mundane comments about an image, dreams or the weather as an obvious attempt to bump the thread. Sup Forums generals on a semi-busy board just simply aren't a good medium for a small community with very little to say to have a constant presence.
People might not be posting less in quantity now than they used to but they certainly are for quality and general effort in a post. As an example this thread is 3 hours old and this will be the first non-greentext post in it longer than a single line. I think it would be better to not have a thread until evening or just at weekends than this sort of forced presence as an alternative to Discord.
Just my thoughts.

Masturbation is bad. mmmkay

Yes make a discord and all of you fuck off forever

The key is to stop it from being just anime pics and "yeah" "mm hmm" back and forth between people for whom the site is de-facto not anonymous.

Why are you here if you want an empty general?

Be the change in /éire/ that you want to see. Complaining only further degrades the quality of the thread.

It wasn't complaining, I offered two constructive solutions in a Discord and only making threads in the evening or at Friday + weekends.
It's beyond my control to stop people making threads every morning with one word editions and no suggested conversation topics for the sake of having one.

>It's beyond my control to stop people making threads every morning with one word editions and no suggested conversation topics for the sake of having one.
But why is that necessarily a bad thing? It means a thread will always be here for whoever wants one, especially when traffic increases in the evenings. It's not like we're hitting the bump limit that often anymore anyway.

Bunch of backbiting bitchy anime sissies.

Because it just winds up being a skeleton thread getting bumped for 12 hours until people come home from work and start posting.

I'm still not seeing how that is such a problem. Let the thread tick away during the day and then it will be there for people in the evening.

Looking forward being in the same union as you my friends

>I offered two constructive solutions in a Discord
That's not constructive. You're saying you want the thread to not exist most of the time.

>one word editions
That's the norm for almost every general though, you act as if it's strange.

>no suggested conversation topics
Then as the other lad said be the change you want to see and fucking bring up a topic for conversation. Post a news article or ask if anyone's done anything interesting lately, which isn't an uncommon thing to see here anyways.

Not him and it isn't really that much an issue. Beginning of the threads will look a bit shit though as a result.

Small community with little to say, a small amount of conversation starting points spread over ~18 hours a day isn't a great idea since people generally don't read through the entire thread before they start to post.

>fucking bring up a topic for conversation
Starting a conversation now would be wasted for 3 or 4 people instead of 7 or 8 later tonight. It's not like we're ever overflowing with things to talk about so better to save it.

Nothing would be lost making a thread in the evening instead.

>You're saying you want the thread to not exist most of the time.
Surely the value is in the community and not the thread?

>Nothing would be lost making a thread in the evening instead.
Nothing would really be gained either since the threads don't generally hit the bump limit anyway.

What is your profession.

Unemployed.

It would be a more focused high quality thread with faster activity from the start. Try it and see.

>community
The thread has greater value as it provides an outlet on Sup Forums for any Irish person that might be here and wishes to participate. I'd wager that's how most of us came to be here. The "community" is secondary.

>It would be a more focused high quality thread with faster activity from the start
It would make zero difference to the overall quality of the thread. We'd just have a lower post count.

>The people that post here are of secondary importance to the thread existing for the sake of order
I think that's interesting but also completely insane. You really weren't kidding when you said you wouldn't mind if everybody left.

SPARTAN

I'll consider your suggestion and have a think about it.
Would need to resolve some issues first though, such as administration so we don't end up with some ban happy admin, things like that.

>You really weren't kidding when you said you wouldn't mind if everybody left.
I'm not the one that said that.

Try it and see. Pointless to speculate.
But if you're going to insist on making threads at 6am and bumping them for half a day there's nothing anyone else can do about it.

>Starting a conversation now would be wasted for 3 or 4 people instead of 7 or 8 later tonight
Your talking shit. We're busier right now than we are most nights. It's this attitude that causes the exact problem you're complaining about. Your topics for discussion isn't some limited food source that needs to be rolled out at the right time to attract the maximum number of replies, in fact it's the opposite since night time is already busy and you'd be letting it get washed away in a sea of other posts.

>Nothing would be lost making a thread in the evening instead
I've enjoyed plenty of daytime threads before. Again, you're full of shit.

I get the feeling you're intentionally being disruptive because you have some personal grievance against the thread and you want to see it dead.

>I'll consider your suggestion and have a think about it.
Somebody else will just post the thread if you don't, no?

Sparta was a meme. The Anatolian cities were much more interesting.

>I've enjoyed plenty of daytime threads before
There was a time not too long ago when threads between midday and 6pm were arguably better than those in the late evening.

I like talking with other personalities so the community and friends I've made here are what I value.

>threads should only be made at these specific times and how I say
>discord
Stop trying to turn this into Éire/pol/.

When you put it like that, the similarities are striking.

The whole reason a lot of us found /éire/ in the first place is because it's an Irish community on Sup Forums. If it gets moved to discord, it simply becomes an Irish community, and newfriends won't be able to find the general. When the people who have been here longer start getting bored and having less to say, there will be less activity, and in a closed discord group there won't be anyone new to fill the gaps. I'm sure I mentioned on here before that I've seen communities die by migrating to discord.

>Your talking shit. We're busier right now than we are most nights
Because I actually put effort into a post and started a conversation. Look at the thread before that.

>sea of other posts
Yesterday we had about 100 posts in the evening, the thread which was alive all day purged at 173 posts. About 15 posts every hour during "peak" time. That's some tidal wave of activity right there.

>I get the feeling you're intentionally being disruptive
Again, honest views and constructive suggestions. No need to be so hostile.

>Because I actually put effort into a post and started a conversation
Meta-posting may not be the best type of conversation, but this is what we meant when we said "be the change you want to see".

Any new people that come here get rounded on by the community almost instantly so it's not a convincing argument for the status quo.
It shouldn't be like that and I'd like if it wasn't and I think it would solve a lot of the problems with the general if it wasn't but lets be honest, this is not a welcoming place for outsiders at the moment.

Very well said. If we lock ourselves away, /éire/ will stagnate and die.
>Any new people that come here get rounded on by the community almost instantly so it's not a convincing argument for the status quo.
What do you mean?

I want to ____ her and ____ her ____.
Fill in the blanks. Feel free to attach an image of "her."

The people that actually want to post here do. I came to /éire/ in a much more negative time and I got on fine. I got told to fuck off plenty but I'm not a sensitive enough person to have taken that to heart.

>What do you mean?
That's a very long post I don't care to go into right now but the short answer is that I don't think outsiders who come here will feel welcomed and stay here unless they meet very specific criteria or enjoy receiving abuse or being ignored.

It doesn't help that being closed off in discord usually leads to the community getting... weird. Like once you introduce relative privacy then suddenly normal posters completely change personality.

>enjoy receiving abuse or being ignored.
>abuse
/éire/ is a far less hostile place than almost any other general on Sup Forums.
>being ignored
I've been here a while now and I've only ever seen attempts being made to ignore the most cancerous posters (and those attempts usually fail anyway).

Yeah, I've seen that sort of behaviour first hand. It also creates cults of personality.

>/éire/ is a far less hostile place than almost any other general on Sup Forums
We're also a lot less hostile than we were years ago, or even months ago for that matter. I swear we'd have to be a complete hugbox where no one posts anything other than headpats to convince some people we're not foaming at the mouth hostile.

One of the reasons I like /éire/ (and Sup Forums in general) is because it's not a hugbox. It's nice not having to walk on eggshells like on so many other websites. Of course don't be a cunt for the sake of being a cunt though.

Friendly reminder to join the Generation Identity Éire.

Why does ginger hair survive into old age for women so well?

>/éire/ is a far less hostile place than almost any other general on Sup Forums.
I wonder would Dublin posters agree with you.

I can almost guarantee that hair is dyed.

>Groundhog day
American "traditions.

I have nothing against Dublin posters as a principle, it just so happens that almost all of them act like their stereotype. There was one lad last night that mentioned he was from Dublin and no one commented on it, mostly because his post was about his experience in school, not about how his experience in school was better than everywhere else in the country and calling other posters inbred boggers.

And yes depending on the general you would see more negativity. I will also remind you that most known posters live in different counties and frequently make fun of each other's home counties much in the same way that happens to Dublin. It happened quite a lot during GAA season.

When Dublin stops being a problem, then we'll stop complaining about Dublin.

You are acting as your stereotype of a bogger though.

What's wrong with it desu?

Not really. Dublin has a negative effect on many aspects of life in Ireland. Are you saying we should never criticise Dublin?

>Are you saying we should never criticise Dublin
No just that you are playing out your part of being a stereotype of a Bogger, hating constantly on Dublin. I can understand now and then like how people have a laugh about other counties but almost every time Dublin is brought up in these threads it's always in a negative light and a criticizing one.

To name a few issues:
>dirty, ugly city with junkies wandering around the city centre
>stereotypical arrogant Dub attitude towards everything outside "the pale" is alarmingly prevalent
>Dublin is the source of the "progressive" left-wing policies that many on /éire/ are opposed to
>investment is focused heavily on Dublin with little concern for the rest of the country
>Dublin is on the precipice of ruining Gaelic Football

>but almost every time Dublin is brought up in these threads it's always in a negative light and a criticizing one.
For quit a few anons here Dublin literally has no redeeming features.

Additionally this site is going to the dogs performance wise under Hiro so it'd be wise to start considering alternatives.

>managed to survive on less than €20 worth of food so far this week
Frugality is the best sauce.

It's not even so much that Dublin is a crime filled city that looks like a malnourished Victorian city, it's that almost every Dublin poster that comes here is completely opposed to admitting it has its problems or even acknowledging that these sorts of things are not normal.

Sup Forums's been dying on and off since 2004.

>he can't survive solely off the energy of the universe
LMAOing at you from the astral plane.
But really did you eat nothing but noodles or something?

>dying
2015-2017 probably brought more people on to this site than ever before
Thousands of newfags from Sup Forums have been leaking into other boards non stop.
What boards do you use where you haven't noticed this?

>But really did you eat nothing but noodles or something?
I ate a lot of pasta, but you'd be surprised how well you can eat at a low cost if you plan ahead and don't snack. Thankfully this wasn't forced frugality though. I spent a lot of money last week and I wanted to "balance the books" by being frugal this week even though I'm not short on cash.

I've noticed but I'm saying this isn't the first time Sup Forums's had server problems. I wouldn't say the influx of r/thedonald fags increased much since last year, I would imagine it plateaued since the election results.

Any advice for the rest of us?

Everywhere has fucking problems, there is no county that is the holy golden shining example of how a county should be. Without Dublin the country wouldn't be getting as much money being pumped into as it is. God forbid we get the North back and you fuckers will be complaining and hampering on like house wives over Belfast being another place like Dublin.

Unfortunately I've very little general advice because my eating/shoppinh habits make it easy to scale down for short periods if necessary. However, doing one shopping trip at the weekend and getting everything you need for the week ahead is what helps me stay on track. I know exactly what I will be eating for every meal of the week ahead. Avoiding return trips to the shops (especially when hungry) eliminates extra spending too. For example, yesterday evening I had a strong craving for some crisps. But since I had all my shopping done, I had no excuse to go to the shop where I would be liable to then buy crisps.

>Everywhere has fucking problems, there is no county that is the holy golden shining example of how a county should be
Dublin is shit as a capital city though. It pales in comparison to other Western European capitals.

>Without Dublin the country wouldn't be getting as much money being pumped into as it is
Should we be grateful?

>God forbid we get the North back and you fuckers will be complaining and hampering on like house wives over Belfast being another place like Dublin.
Dubs are probably opposed to reunification anyway. Too much of an "inconvenience".

Dubliner here who has also lived in America (New York and Boston)
Crime where I am (Howth) is non-existent, same for South Side and anywhere along the coast between Howth and town.
North inner city is kind of shit but it's west Dublin that worries me the most. Full of immigrants
What other complaints do you have about Dublin? I'll likely agree and I can give insight.

>What other complaints do you have about Dublin?
Well nobody addressed my complaints:

They are among us
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/158111636/#158121357

Well, it can't be said the that the thread isn't active now.

>Without Dublin the country wouldn't be getting as much money being pumped into as it is
But the problem is they also take most of that money for themselves instead of spending it where it's badly needed elsewhere in the country. There still a motorway connecting Limerick and Cork for Christ sake. And that wouldn't be so bad but Dublin is clearly at breaking point, they should be investing in cities to ease the strain. There's a massive homeless problem there now, the people that do live there are paying through the nose for a one bedroom apartment and it's only going to get worse if things keep going the way they're going. And the government itself isn't entirely to blame since any time they try to renovate of the many run down portions of the city a group of protesters has it blocked because outside that building was where Oscar Wilde paid for a prostitute thus making it historical.

I knew that image had a distinct Sup Forums look about it alright.

>I spent a lot of money last week and I wanted to "balance the books" by being frugal this week
That's nice for your finances but it can't be good for your diet. You came out of your experience fine by the sound of it but try not to do it again, pasta is not the most nutritious thing in the world.

>There still a motorway connecting Limerick and Cork for Christ sake
"no motorway"?

Yes, my mistake.

You care a lot more about my health than I do.

>dirty ugly city, junkies
True. Architecture tends to be shit and junkies are annoying. There's a aesthetic places like around Trinity College and the Customs House
>Dublin attitude
Ya, people here look down on the rest of the country, no denying that
>Left wing
Eh, kind of. I honestly know very few genuine leftists (usually just women) most are just apolitical and will vote without many convictions. They'll vote for PBP because the name sounds good.
>investment focused in Dublin
Google "IFSC"
>ruining gaelic football
Explain

Just as a general warning to everyone here. I heard of a lad that ate nothing but pasta(or possibly noodles) for a few weeks and ended up in hospital. He thought he was fine since he didn't feel hungry until he collapsed. That's a bit of an extreme case but still.

Well obviously don't do that. I ate about a kilogram of pasta so far this week, but it was far from the only thing I ate. I probably won't eat any next week because I'm already getting tired of it.

How did you know if you aren't one of them?