‘Game Of Thrones’ Shatters HBO Viewership Records With Season 7 Debut

>deadline.com/2017/07/game-of-thrones-ratings-season-7-return-hbo-1202130304/

>Winter may be here for the penultimate season of Game Of Thrones, but HBO’s blockbuster series turned on the heat to shatter viewership records with last night’s Season 7 debut. Leaving the previous series high of 8.89 million snared for its Season 6 finale in June 2016, last night’s “Dragonstone” episode snagged 10.1 million viewers for its premiere. Telling of how TV is consumed today, the opener pulled in another 6 million viewers on same-day DVR playback and streaming via HBO Go and HBO Now.

>When all in, last night’s Jeremy Podeswa-directed episode of the premium cabler’s Emmy-winning blockbuster based on George R.R. Martin’s books is the most watched-premiere in HBO history. The 10.1 million viewership total is up 27% over what the Season 6 debut drew in late April last year. That season opener was basically even with the then-record-breaking Season 5 premiere of April 12, 2015.

The most watched-premiere in HBO history.

Ain't no stopping this train, so get out the way or get run over.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQsS-Akv7gg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCLhaPWwVwM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone got a streaming site??

You missed it, we streamed it live last night with the Sup Forums crew.

Reminder Seinfeld in its final two seasons easily tripped this number every episode.

The Year of the "YAAAASSSS SLAAAAY QUUEEEN" is upon us!

>pre-internet ratings numbers

I know very little about the history of the Internet, but I know it existed in those days. Kramer even smoke about using email in an episode.

What's a decent addon I can use to stream to kodi? I use exodus, but I wanted something like bstlive that'll stream live shit.

ed sheeran confirmed to star in every episode of season 8!

Of course. I've been waiting forever for our queen to return home.

You don't really need Kodi. I mean I don't have anything against it but one of the guys runnng one of the streaming sites was posting in the thread yesterday with a tripcode and set up four different rooms to stream the premiere and was promoting it here in the thread. I don't want to say who in case people say I'm shilling or whatever, just watch the thread on episode night and there will be about ten different live streams.

Yeah i remember easily streaming Seinfeld back in 1999

Yaaas queen
Slaaaay

help a nigger out with a ddl link
i'm not really a nigger ha ha

It's been the number one download on every torrent site on earth for the last 24 hours. It's literally impossible you would need help finding a link.

I know, streaming it is impossibly easy but I also need a new TV app after the one went down. The kodi forum sites are all classic "make name gain rep" sites though, and Google only goes so deep, I tried the ones that show up so I always ask what people are using.

I still just torrent everything so I can't really give advice on Kodi stuff. There was a HD rip up 14 min after the episode ended so they are faster than usual I'll say that.

I doubt the combined episode viewership is more than thirty million.

i'm careful with HBO torrents. they're the only company that actually tracks IPs and i don't pay to priate

Reddit has some good subs with stream links

it's because they waited until July. Everyone has been starved for this season to start and we are finally getting promised some closure

Oh okay, I live in Canada and they don't do or say anything to us up here. I know it's different for you guys. I torrent everything and anything and my ISP has never even sent me so much as an email. If they did I would instantly switch ISP.

*its a new one starts playing*

Let's imagine Griffith doesn't sacrifice the Hawks, so we have a pre-eclipse, post-Wyand Guts who somehow gets dropped in Westeros, circa season 1.

How does he do?

Please, he would turn them all into mincemeat, even pre-zerk armor hax and dragonslayer. Even the heavy mile thick plot armor of le strong independent woman wouldn't stand a chance.

>shape of u starts playing

These types of cameos are particularly bullshit, when it's so obviously shoehorned in to what is hip.

Hell, while they're at it why not get Jamie Oliver to stir a kettle of soup. Throw in Connor mcgreggor drunkenly throwing fists in a tavern for good measure

Who is Westerosi Griffith? Guts would solo but there's nothing for him to do. He might kill the dragons for fun, but pre-eclipse, I'm not sure if he'd make it.

I've been playing the new game, it's pretty good

>watch all GoT 1-6
>not interested in s7
>i'm over it and don't really care

people get angry at me for dropping it, but its just a show man. wtf

can i get a rundown on this new meme

Letmewatchthis

Look, musician cameos on this show are nothing new. They've been doing it from the start.

Just off the top of my head;

>Joffrey throwing coins at Sigur Rós during his wedding reception
>Mastadon playing wildlings during 'Hardhome'
>Coldplay drummer playing Winds of Castamere at Red Wedding
>Snow Patrol lead singer singing Bear and the Lady Fair to Jamie
>Of Monsters and Men playing the music during Arya's play in Braavos

prob more

>"We broke viewership records by appealing to the lowest common denominator."

None of those were noticeable or obvious though. This one was. Like WAYYYYYYYYYYY too fucking obvious.

i might be living under a rock but i didnt even knew this guy

not knowing who taylor swift is
kys

>None of those were noticeable or obvious though

They literally had Sigur Rós singing one of their songs to Joffrey!

I know who TayTay is but personally I have no idea who this ginger is and didn't even know it was a cameo until Sup Forums started freaking out about it. Literally have no idea who this guy is.

Me neither bro. I assume he is a singer?

Dude, can you seriously not see the difference between the scenes?

youtube.com/watch?v=eQsS-Akv7gg

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCLhaPWwVwM

It's just regular shots of some random bards singing and then getting coins thrown at them, as opposed to multiple closeups of that ginger fags face, while he's singing, again while he's delivering his gay ass line as the shot lingers for way too long, then more closeups, etc.

Come on....they are objectively very different cameos, one is natural and not called attention to, and the other looks like a fucking ad for his new itunes song.

My father immediately recognized Ed tonight when we watched it. He's far from being up to date on anything pop culture, let alone modern music beyond what is typical for a man in his 60's. Ed's Cameo was just lazy compared to the others. I doubt 6/10 people would even know who Sigur Ros' lead singer looks like or even is.

there really isn't anything in current aSoIaF lore that could pose a problem to Guts.
Unless you somehow resurrected Balerion, he's going to solo the whole setting even Pre-Eclipse.

they may as well have had him look directly into the camera after saying "its a new one"
thats about how subtle and natural it felt

This is only for people who know who the fuck this dude is. I just thought he was an actor. The only question in my mind was "Is this chubby ginger going to try and rape Arya and get shanked?"

10.1 million witnessed terrible mediocre drama geared toward Reddit.

Wonderful. Way to go Game of Feminists.

It's a few years old actually. Started in the gay community since they worship stronk womyn, then seeped into mainstream culture over the last couple of years. It's basically a way of signifying that you're feminized and probably voted for Hillary.

Fucken normies play edd shitran enough and to see his cameo just too me right out of the show.

It could have been a good scene but hisugly ginger dumb flat squashed head in every fucken shot ruined it

Binge it when it's finally over if only for the white walkers vs everybody else and Kings landing deneres and navel battles.

Skip all the rest I just turn my brain off in-between when nothing is going on besides stoic and bored looking character doing long intense looks at things.

This meme is fucking cringeworthy, the new episode was deeply disappointing. This season already feels just like a wave goodbye.

this

>begging for some gibs be dat
you dont have to be black to be a nigger