Dofus/Wakfu

Can we talk about Dofus/Wakfu?

Just finished the first OVA for dofus. I felt surprisingly torn over Luis, especially considering he's still fucked up at the end of the movie

Other urls found in this thread:

dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Moowolf_Testicles
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Dofus OVA was a hell of a lot better than the wakfu OVA's.

The dofus ova was a tight, interesting story that did what it had to do and moved on. It was a bit simplistic, but it is aimed at younger children, so that's to be expected. It seems like they have a good plan for it's future.

The wakfu OVA's had an interesting premise, but they kind of blew through the entirety of the point of wakfu, which is stopping Ogrest is the silliest way possible. I honestly don't know where they're going to go next, and I don't think they have any idea either.

Why do Dofus characters feel so much more likable than Wakfu characters? Dofus in general feels easier to watch, and is more enjoyable? Does anyone else feel the same?

Part of me thinks that ankama just like dofus better, hence why there's quite a few dofus characters in the wakfu show.

>The Dofus OVA was a hell of a lot better than the wakfu OVA's.
I'll agree with this

Wakfu's characters are created to drive the story in some ways (particularly Yugo and Amalia, who seem to be the go-to crux of many plots along with Sadlygrove). Dofus characters seem more like characters created for the setting.

How do I describe Wakfu and Dofus to someone who has never seen either series?

has the blu ray for the movie been ripped yet?

tits, hips and thunder thighs

eeeeeh, I prefer early Wakfu.
Mostly because the sexually repressed Huppermage was genuinely loathsome and soccer Iop was 50% cliche and 60% fan service. Dude turned it up to 11.

Also Atcham could've been handled better.

>The wakfu OVA's had an interesting premise, but they kind of blew through the entirety of the point of wakfu, which is stopping Ogrest is the silliest way possible. I honestly don't know where they're going to go next, and I don't think they have any idea either.
They powered everyone up for no reason. Even Kerubim, what the hell was he doing here?
Basically they went deep end of DBZ where everyone was so ridiculously powerful it because pointless.
Not to mention even more main characters got sidelined. In Season 2 it was Ruel, in the OVAs everyone that was not Yugo or Pinpin.

>They powered everyone up for no reason

No they didn't. Just Yugo and Grovy.

Everyone else pretty much did nothing.

wakfu S3 plot basic

>bad guy
>bad guy stealing the dofus
>3 way brawl between group adamai went with, BoT and bad guy
>bad guy ends up with all the dofus
>insert evil plot
>bad guy gets beat by narrowest margins
>adamai and yugo stay on bad terms over what to do with the bad guy.

Sounds pretty good to me actually.

bim

As long as Adamai doesn't get redeemed

He absolutely will be at one point. The two groups will butt heads and he'll switch sides near the end of the fight to help the Brotherhood.

Adamai doesn't need redemption, unlike yugo.

>Adamai apologists
Not even once. Adamai is a grade A cunt.

and he's only going to get worse has season 3 goes on

Nothing wrong with being a cunt. All that matters is being right, which adamai is.

I don't even want him in Season 3
He's not interesting, he's just a dick.

looks like he's going to be the main villain of s3

Anyone who abandons their infant brothers with someone they hate and think is dangerous can never be right.

>how dare you not kidnap dragons

and joins a group whose leader he knew for minutes and the other members were trying to kill him and the original group not too long ago

I'm sure he'll try to kidnap children in s3

More like how dare you leave your infant brothers with a group of people who in your perception are extremely dangerous.

Better than joining the group that is following in the footsteps of a madman who genocided an entire race.

They're not even with the brotherhood though, they're with the old man. Regardless, we all know that if he did take the dragons, you'd be saying how evil he was for doing so.

And I can't stand it.

But he didn't kill an entire class. Also sadidas are not a race they're a religion. Adamaifags don't even know the lore.

Will take WebM requests, no BluRays though and nothing from the Dofus film

Evil from the point of view of Yugo and the brotherhood if he does.
Evil from his own perspective if he doesn't. I feel like when making the decision as to whether it's a good decision he should look from his own perspective.

The Dofus "OVA" was a movie with higher budget that had been planned for 6 years, no wonder it was much better than the Wakfu OVAs.

Did you like the last airbender? It' like that, except french.

TLA is dogshit, wakfu and dofus are actually good.

ATLA is easily one of the best animated shows ever made, I don't know how you can even make the assertion that it isn't seriously.

(You)

14th highest rated TV show of all time.

I guess justin bieber's music is the highest form of art.

It's not even remotely the same. Bieber's albums aren't critically acclaimed in the slightest and probably arent even in the top 1400 albums ever made in terms of rating never mind top 14.

Please be bait.

You're a fucking idiot mate.

that's crazy

So do we know if they will actually try to market it to non french people? I'd be fine with official subs. Didn't they talk about sending the first episode to the kickstarter backers as the special episode?

Might mention that I'm talking about S3 of course.

It's coming out on Netflix so it'll be subbed in English.

Do we know if they will air it in france on tv before or after netflix or release at the same time?

Netflix bought the rights and are funding it so I imagine that it'll come out on Netflix first and just air on France3 as well.

Cool, can't wait.

I still find it hilarious how Dofus has managed to contain more innuendo and adult references than Wakfu despite nominally being a product aimed at a younger market.

Little Keke was raped by a pack of female birds in of the first episodes even

France Télévisions are funding it too, I doubt they'd want to air it after it's all released on Netflix.

Maybe it'll only be on Netflix internationally

Even the Dofus game has stuff like Testicles as items.

dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Moowolf_Testicles

What? Don't remember that...

It happened, he dressed up as a female in order to get one of their eggs, but they all raped him instead

Why is Bakara such an amazing source of reaction images?

You know on the first watch through I never really saw Yugo and Amalia as anything other than really really good friends until the OVAs where it felt out of nowhere. On the second watch though I feel like a complete and utter moron, literally how did I not pick up on this?

Indeed.

I mean, it felt really one-sided but it was obvious Ankama was heading there.

I agree it was kind of one sided for the most part of season 1 but towards the end and during season 2 you can really see it for both of them.

Here's the scene in question.

You got any examples or scenes where you thought it became a bit obvious? I don't remember the series very well and sort of thought similarly

For me it was just the constant looks Amalia gave Yugo and the fact he was the only person she didn't seem to despise except Eva. There wasn't a scene in particular; the multiple times she shouted Yugo's name like she was having an orgasm or jumped in his arms just added up. Every time everybody almost died, he was the only one she seemed concerned about.

I've just watched episodes 7-9 of season 2 and there were at least 3 or 4 times where they were shown to have feelings. Every time even the prospect of being apart comes up they're both in tears, not just in these episodes.
>When the king says Amalia can't go with Yugo to get the Dofus they have a heart to heart and she runs off crying and he looks at her teary eyes
>Amalia is in tears when Yugo, Remington and Tristepin get taken to Rushu's dimension with the scene painting deliberate contrast between her and Eva's expressions of loss
Also every time they were in danger or whatever they'd be looking at each other first, she'd always be making sure he was alright and every time they got separated and reunited they were the first person each of them ran to.

Seriously, just do a rewatch and look out for it, I honestly have no idea how I possibly missed it on the first go through.

>He jumped into her arms
FTFY

>Dofus OVA
That one was called a 'movie' user.
They're like OVAs but they have budgets and are generally not shit.

I'd say a red herring for the real main bad.

Can i get those as well? Watched season 1 twice now and they never seemed that into each other beyond friendship and a connection from being the youngest in the group.

The Wakfu OVAS would have been OK if it weren't for the DBZ shit.

Almost every time they're apart Amalia gets upset, she never wants him to go into danger, he's the first one she looks for a lot of the time. Yugo is the only one to say that he'd stay with Amalia when she says she doesn't want to lose her friends in the finale. Yugo is constantly jumping into her arms and perhaps most importantly he's the only one other than Evangeline who's opinion she cares about and who she isn't hostile towards.

Huh, I must be blind to non-overt romantic interest.

Can I just say how dark the Brakmar gobball episodes are? Literally dozens of people fall though the cracks in the stadium into the lava and no one seems to care.

Generally speaking, the series never dwells on the terrible fates of anyone who isn't close to the BoT.

in the first book of the wakfu manga made it crystal clear for me

When will ankama get back on track? When will they stop producing lower quality work with every single update to anything?

When they get better writers or a writing consultant?

Is there an easy "order you should be watching" list for the series?

I watched Wakfu on Netflix because I heard good things and I saw the stuff dealing with the ice guy (which I believe was the OVA) because I just so happen to notice it was on Netflix later on and I already seen the series so it was a case of may as well.

Beside the games themselves what exactly am I missing out on? Anything I should watch out for when I get into Dofus?

Thanks.

there are the wakfu manga, which only reaches up to the 3rd chapter, it covers exactly where it left off in the 2nd season,

other comics include the story of maskemane, remington smisse past which covers how grany turned into a cat in the first place and why remington is working for Ush in the OVA

most of the comics are unfinished unfortunately, or either that untranslated

>how grany turned into a cat in the first place
That been bugging the fuck out of me. I hated that it never got explained in the animated series. At one point I just thought he was just a talking cat with a weird relationship. I will totally be reading that.

>Goultard OVA
>Wakfu S1
>Nox OVA (Could do this around Episode 24)
>Wakfu S2
>Ogrest OVA (This could really go anywhere before this point)
>Dofus Series
>Wakfu OVA's
>Dofus film

yugo is my nigga