Worst 2017 movie you've seen so far

What's the worst 2017 movie you've seen so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/okja/reviews/?sort=rotten
cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/07/wwii-era_boeing_b-17_takes_fli.html
cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/06/okja_has_an_identity_crisis-re.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

calle cote

I wonder what it tastes like

Baby driver
John wick 2

It's already smoked too.

all the capeshit movies

>all the capeshit movies
>still watches capeshit in 2017
How many times will you fall for it?

0/10

they have been all terrible so far

nice bait

Did you even watch Logan?

You don't like them and have seen them all?

lol thats my fav so far

I can't get over the fact this triggered so many people

My friends are marvelfags so ... its a tough decision.

>he fell for the 'Logan is better than the rest of capeshit' meme

Oh fuck off. Now you are just being contrarian for the sake of obnoxious memes.

Too many to name
Okja
Kong Skull Island
The Mummy
Life
Get Out
Logan

Yeah, it was "meh"
>B-but my gore... and sad ending

Most of them, but come on.
Marvel movies are so generic, you don't have to watch them all too figured it out specially that fucking shit """"""""humor""""""""".

This movie was all over the place. For the first half I didn't even know if this was actually a political commentary or if it was advocating to not eat meat. It goes from le poop jokes to Pig Schindler's List. I am a vegetarian but I was extremely confused and did not like this movie very much at all.

the Circle desu

even big "turn off your brain bro" blockbuster trash was better than that

Beauty and the Beast
Emma Watson's hot, but that's about it.
She can't act or sing.

EASILY Transformers: The Last Knight.

I like Michael Bay, Pain And Gain and 13 Hours were some of the most pure popcorn cinema in years, but I genuinely believe he's completely given up on this franchise.

That's a shit tier meme she can sing and act better than stone. All this place does is meme like reddit.

Prettymuch everything but the Circle and the lost city of Z was terrible.

ive only seen one movie in theatres this year and it was power rangers, it wasnt badbut it wasnt great so i guess that is my answer

Batman V. Superman Dawn of Gayness

Everything Sup Forums liked like Logan Wonder Woman and John Wick 2

Bong Joon Ho's movie's are always like that. If you've seen The Host, you'd be amazed at how quickly one scene goes from Three Stooges slapstick with a cheesy soundtrack, and then suddenly turning into a grim and brutal monster movie where people die horribly left and right.

The only movie he's done that tonally consistent throughout was probably Snowpiercer, and even that movie had it's weird Tim Burton-esque moments as well.

I didn't say anything about Stone, you beta waifu loser

This is a western thing you've been trained into thinking a movie needs a "tone" or some BS

Korean movies do this shift all the time, Sympathy for mr vengeance for example goes from cute to kidnapping to comedy to extreme violence

>This is a western thing you've been trained into thinking a movie needs a "tone" or some BS
Having a 'tone' is actually a cornerstone of decent storytelling, you stupid, slant-eyed insect.

I understand that you gooks have never created a major work of literature in thousands of years that is comparable to Don Quixote, Tale of Two Cities, or The Iliad, but at the very least you should know that storytelling isn't a joke where everything and anything can be whatever the hell it wants to be at the drop of a hat. There are some basic guidelines that are crucial to follow so that you don't alienate your audiences and wonder why your movies get criticism.

It is why Benicio del Toro didn't start smoking weed and cracking jokes with Seth Rogen after murdering an entire family in Sicario.

It is why the priests in The Exorcist didn't arbitrarily do a Disney-style musical number right after their failed attempt to exorcise the poor little girl possessed by a demon.

It is why Ghostbusters doesn't open up with a scene where a woman gets raped by a hobo and then kicked in the face repeatedly.

Never fucking watch Sonatine or your head might implode with autism

Beauty and the Beast was the only good film I saw this year tbhhwyf

A cure for wellness
Split

Easily this. But seeing other peoples posts led to believe you guys can really be some stuck up movie snobs some of the time.

>Easily this. But seeing other peoples posts led to believe you guys can really be some stuck up movie snobs some of the time.
Most people on Sup Forums probably don't even think about watching garbage like Power Rangers in the first place.

Kong skull island. Terribly paced in both writing and editing. Weird shots are also sprinkled out that are given beats that cut down on scenes of the actors hindering their performance. Terrible direction really that is amateur.

Okja is the best movie of the year, are you retarded?

>Movie's need to be black & white

1. Fist Fight
2. Sleight
3. Kong: Skull Island
4. King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (I did enjoy it though)

>Okja is the best movie of the year
Maybe if it's the only movie you've seen so far

Top 3 worst movies of the year so far:

1. Kong: Skull Island
2. Get Out
3. Logan

For all its preachy faults I didn't mind okja much the director did a great job establishing a warm connection between the pig and girl, would've been much better if the entire movie had something to do with Okja and girls exploits throughout the mountains

ah yes. the good ol "movie is good, movie is highly rated literally everywhere so I think it's the worst movie I've seen" shitpost

consider bettering your life.

Don't Fuck in the Woods
Resident Evil
The Bye Bye Man
Ghost in the Shell
The Ring reboot

Take your video game sensibilities somewhere else you weirdcunt

>movie is highly rated literally everywhere
rottentomatoes.com/m/okja/reviews/?sort=rotten

Same

>85 percent fresh

>This is a western thing
It's actually an everywhere but Korea thing.

>literally

I don't know what your argument is here, yes. It is literally 85 percent fresh according to how they aggregate scores. How is that worth a greentext? What is the joke, faggot?

Bollywood does it aswell with musicals and light hearted stuff mixed(krish) which is why i generalized to western cba listing can i, what is this a well formed discussion?

>I don't know what your argument is here
>highly rated literally everywhere
>except for the reviewers who didn't rate it highly

Ah yes. The good ol' "no one has an individual opinion and I base my taste on aggregate review scores" shitpost

I love this one

Kekked hard at the ridiculousness of the meat factory ending invoking the Holocaust. This movie is clearly making fun of vegans, it came from the gooks for christ sake they eat dogs

Transformers 5

Passengers

You're retarded

The majority of reviewers were positive you illiterate fucking faggot.
I'm not that user but if you can't understand what an aggregation is, you are a moronic clod.

As a professional published writer, Okja made me angry, and the reviews made me ten times angrier.

The movie is a complete fuckup.
Lucy Mirando is shown as a morally ambiguous but weak character that got manipulated by her parents/sibling, she's the antagonist but she's not a bad person - get's dropped by the company and arrested - she is the only character that gets punished for her action (even if she wasn't as bad as her sister and Giancarlo Esposito's characters).

Okja gets raped by the huge alpha male superpig, presumably to breed amazing new pigs (after all she IS the best female pig, something invaluable) - this scene is completely useless as she doesn't get impregnated by it and there is no new attempt to breed.

Giancarlo Esposito and Nancy Mirando, instead, decide to -butcher- (BUTCHER FOR MEAT) the world famous, alpha female, amazing pig like she's any other pig.

It would even make sense if Nancy Mirando decided to kill the pig out of grudge, but SHE DIDN'T and it's completely okay with seeling it for a golden shitty pig (she sold the world's best female pig for nothin), so why the fuck would she butcher it instead of breeding it and using it as a fucking mascotte?

The ending is bad too, Nancy and Giancarlo characters get no punishment at all, the pigs are not free, except both Okja and a random cub that should remind the viewers that there are still a fucking billion pigs that the kid and the viewer don't give a fucking shit about.

And the critics didn't see any of this! No one mention how the plot is fucking pants-on-head retarded.

>The majority of reviewers were positive you illiterate fucking faggot.
If you don't know what the word literally means, that's ok, just don't use it.

>overwhelming majority opinion doesn't count
>because Armond White and a handful of autists didn't like it
That's how dumb you sound. You are really reaching with this, bud.

>because Armond White and a handful of autists didn't like it
15% is more than a handful, sorry bud.

If this were true it would have 100%. Don't you know how aggregation works, you moronic clod?

I'm not that user but he didn't use "literally" incorrectly, as it IS highly rated almost everywhere, hence 85 percent as a score...which (in case you couldn't count) is literally almost a perfect score.

He did use literally incorrect. Do you know what the fucking word means?

Are you just bad with the English language or something? Saying "it it highly rated literally everywhere" is not incorrect when presented with an almost near positive perfect score...

>it IS highly rated almost everywhere
Even here?

cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/07/wwii-era_boeing_b-17_takes_fli.html

>Grade: D

The majority of reviews are positive, so it is literally true that it is highly rated across the board. I think you may be retarded.

WOAH 15 PERCENT? WELL SHIT I JUST GOT BTFO!

>unironically being this retarded
It isn't highly rated literally everywhere, lads. We've already seen evidence of that.

>cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/07/wwii-era_boeing_b-17_takes_fli.html
woops link broke somehow
cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/06/okja_has_an_identity_crisis-re.html

not him, but logan was seriously shit. typical capeshit "faceless goon battle" ending

>We've already seen evidence of that.
The majority of reviews when aggregated, are almost a near perfect score. Yet in your Asperger's-fueled brain, you think majority attitude doesn't properly fit the use of the word "literally" in talking about "everywhere", despite (again) a majority positive score.

I really think you are just baiting or retarded, matey.

How is 85% near perfect? If you got an 85% on your homework, you made a bunch of mistakes, that's nowhere near perfect.

>I don't know what the argument is
>LOOK someone didn't like it!
>checkmate!
That's not the point, friendo.

>I don't know what the argument is

>how is 85 percent out of 100 not almost a perfect score?
You are grasping at straws to avoid that the majority attitude on this film is more positive than not...

>you think majority attitude doesn't properly fit the use of the word "literally" in talking about "everywhere"
Yeah, because is fucking doesn't. The word you're looking for is "virtually". You might actually be retarded, user.

Is English literally not even Sup Forums's first language anymore?

>You are grasping at straws to avoid that the majority attitude on this film is more positive than not...
When did I debate that? Feel free to point out the post.

I'll wait.

And again, since this seems hard for you, you'd have an argument if the overall score was less than half.

>And again, since this seems hard for you, you'd have an argument if the overall score was less than half.
>literally everywhere

So if 9 out of 10 doctors tell you that you have cancer, I can't say that "a majority of doctors literally agree you have cancer?" That makes you sperg out?

So you are splitting hairs then?
>85 percent fresh
>this doesn't constitute "everywhere"

>I can't say that "a majority of doctors literally agree you have cancer?"
False equivalency. Does not compare to

You could say that. However you couldn't say "literally all of the doctors said I have cancer". You're a fucking dunce, user.

>>this doesn't constitute "everywhere"
No, it obviously doesn't, are you retarded?
If I get 85% on my homework, I can't say I got everything right either.

That's not a false equivalency you fucking aspie.

>Post exposing flaws and plot inconsistencies
>autists keep arguing about 85% vs 15% vs 100%

>However you couldn't say "literally all of the doctors said I have cancer". You're a fucking dunce, user.
Which is not the sentence structure the other user was using...

How the fuck would less than 100% ever possibly constitute literally everywhere?

>That's not a false equivalency you fucking aspie.
It is, there's a distinct difference between the implications of
>a majority of doctors literally agree you have cancer?
and

The first implies >=50%, the second implies 100%.

>If I get 85% on my homework, I can't say I got everything right either.
Literally nobody was saying that, faggot.

>Literally nobody was saying that, faggot.
Then why was me pointing out that there's rotten reviews not a counterpoint to
?

>I'll ignore general consensus on a film
>I have contrarian memes to spout
>for a film I probably didn't see

Do yourself a favour and Google the meaning of the word literally, user.

I said she can sing and act unlike someone who can't, pleb. She was very good.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence