Batman #4 Storytime

"I am Gotham" part four

Tom King hasn't had enough suffering in this run thus far. Time to fix that!

Other urls found in this thread:

decoderringtheatre.com/shows/red-panda-adventures/thirteen-at-table/
decoderringtheatre.com/shows/red-panda-adventures/the-rookie/
decoderringtheatre.com/shows/red-panda-adventures/the-end-of-the-beginning/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well that was fast

Norrin, I've been meaning to ask.

Why do you always do that horizontal OP pic instead of just posting the cover right away?

Having already finished this: this issue is fucking great. Like, not even shilling, it's the best of the run so far. Get hype.

uhh batman your face is fucked up

Why must King write suffering

My secret is that I rarely read before storytiming, and dodge previews. I preserve my first impressions for the floppies in the morning.

>Alfred

"I mean, I mean nobody. Certainly not the butler who raised me."

Looks like one member of the strike team got a little a head of himself.

>inb4 BLACKED

BvS flashbacks.

>Turning the Snyder-fied All-Star Superman meme into an actual sequence

KING YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>that All-Star Superman parody

Somebody send this sequence to Grant.

oh my god, this all star superman homage is brilliant. shows the fucked up contrast between metropolis and gotham perfectly

AMAZING

Not the fucking Batmobile

Says the vigilante.

>that last panel
this is so great, why do people hate King writing Batman again?

Well fuck I was really rooting for Gotham

Reminds me of that Red Panda arc where he tries to train a Superman-expy to be his successor but it goes kind of poorly.

>she hugs diversity-robin but not alfred
what a slut

Fucking Waller

Why is he calling him Mr. Thomas?

>that joke
oh I'm laffin

>damn
>not going all the way and saying god damn
But you did it with ASS reference so why not the ASBAR reference

Did he have to further damage the bridge just to cover up his destroyed batmobile?

How new are you that you thought this could end well?

HA

Ha

rekt

>the dog tags all add up to 24 somehow
>which leads to X
>which is Task Force X
>aka the Suicide Squad

bullshit like this is honestly why I love comic books.

>that shady ass connection
take to /x/ batman

>How new are you that you thought this could end well?
I wasn't under any illusions that this wouldn't go horribly horribly wrong but was it so much to ask that Gotham could get a symbol of light?

>not 52
Ya fucked up king

I can't wait for mainstream audiences to find out how hard King goes. Omega Men and Vision are beyond brutal

That's some classic quizmaster nonsense right there. Gotta love it.

STOP HELPING SUPERVILLAINS, YOU SOCIOPATHIC BROAD!

Why is the government so interested in Gotham now didn't they seal it off once?

Why is Lois' dad always such a pussy? There's like no version of him that isn't a total pussy.

Pls don't bully Gotham, Batman. He's cute and pure.

Reminder to pick up Sheriff of Babylon 9 today
It's a wallpaper of the cover.

I noticed the gallery image on the DC website is already formatted 1920x1080, so thought I might as well differentiate when it works well.

NEXT

has she gained weight?

>damn
>not the goddamn
King's referencing point a shit

Thanks for reading.
Support the official release!

Batman: Green Lanterns:

Fuck that escalated quickly

Who are the Monster Men?

Lettering is harder than it looks.

Just look at how slipshod Coming of the Supermen's was.

The city he named himself after was partially founded and designed by one of Bruce's ancestors. A suicidal manic-depressive. This isn't the place for such a thing.

Waller sucks ass at her job
>I made a huge mess that lead to Gotham and Gotham Girl being mine controlled by psycho pirate and killing my people
>but this is your fault batman, beg for my help!

JL:

Psycho-Pirate and Hugo Strange?

Wel that sounds like the worst combo to trust ever

>not just getting on the ol' batphone and calling supes

Adam West Batman riddle-solving up in this bitch

Has anyone ever just straight up punched out Waller?

I thought Gotham was supposed to be a Superman expy not a Wonder Woman one

Doesn't shit like this happen every fucking time is DC's government retarded

His Superman is dead.

The other one is fighting a Lich Robot Doppelganger

And the Chinese version is an outright bully that uses his powers to filch money off of people.

More panels of General Lane being viciously beaten, I demand it!

They don't even have a SHIELD.

They've got Checkmate. And no one gives a flying fuck about Checkmate.

What was the name of the guy he tried to train?

It's still not clicking. The pacing of this issue was so weird and this book has none of the subtly King offers in his writing. Gotham's character development is very hard added, he wasn't even defeated by the city and his crusade was his own. This is just so meh. Cmon King, you can definitely do better.

MAN OF MURDER

The fucks a Checkmate? They really need to restructure how to fuvking deal with superheroes almost every time they do its Run by an asshole who takes things way out of fucking hand li

Mr. Amazing.

SILVER AGE GOTHAM WOULD NEVER DO THIS

WORST RUN OF BATMAN EVER!!!!!!!

They have Argus.

I can't find anything on him can you provide a image or something.
Thanks.

It's not ideal, but I definitely think King has remembered how to write for the broad appeal that Grayson had.

Batman pls

Nobody gives a fuck about ARGUS. what we need is the good ol' Human Defense Corps.

It's nowhere near the quality of Grayson though. Grayson was a normie pleaser and at the same time intelligent. This book is neither. What this book is, is questioning readers intelligence by questioning Batman's intelligence.
>I've only known you for few weeks but I think you could be best suited for Gotham.
>BTW I never ask for League's help in Gotham crises, those who are proven metahumans.

Jesus christ man, shut the fuck up. We get it, you don't like it.

Remember times when Catwoman, Harley and Ivy were part of picture that showed Batman's villains?

decoderringtheatre.com/shows/red-panda-adventures/thirteen-at-table/

decoderringtheatre.com/shows/red-panda-adventures/the-rookie/

decoderringtheatre.com/shows/red-panda-adventures/the-end-of-the-beginning/

>Don't criticize muh King
Fuck off faggot. It's what these threads are for. You're free to exit. Just close the window to reach your safe space, it's not that hard. Don't tell others what to do.

>BTW I never ask for League's help in Gotham crises, those who are proven metahumans.

this ain't a justice league book, faggot. you can tell because this book doesn't suck dick.

>>I've only known you for few weeks but I think you could be best suited for Gotham.
>>BTW I never ask for League's help in Gotham crises, those who are proven metahumans.

These are weird criticisms. Do you remember the #1?

The whole point is that Justice Leaguers would be too busy doing their own shit to specifically save Gotham.

A superman-level hero who's home is in Gotham is exactly who Batman was looking for. And that's what he got -- it's not really his fault that they worse at his job than he expected.

Kek, why are you so triggered?

Fair enough, still don't care for Gotham's development. This would work better overtime but here it's hastily put together predictable outcome driven solely by plot conveniences and I don't really have much stakes in Gotham to give a shit.

Would love to see that.

Catwoman I'm ok with being a good guy, she leaned that way for a long time and it's kinda ridiculous to put her alongside the other villains of Gotham who do truly fucked up shit while she just steals things. The other Sirens, yeah.

I'm a fan of King's, but his writing seems so flat in this, and then all of a sudden there are these little great moments and glimpses of hope, and then it becomes flat again until another glimpse.

Snyder seemed to have depth, but King's writing is just one layer or maybe two, and that's about it, and it pains me.

The comic always looks cool, though, so I just wish his writing could be as cool too.