Just got back from it...

Just got back from it. I didn't think it was possible for DC to make this worse than Batman v Superman but I enjoyed BvS much more.

Is there any hope for Justice League?

what makes it worse than BvS?

Is it really that fuvking bad?

Sorry but when you just pop in say it's bad with nothing else, no explanation as to what Ames it NAD, you're a shit poster and nothing more

haven't watched it yet but reviews aren't helping. Personally, I just think that this would throw a wrench toward DC Rebirth's plans seeing as how the Suicide Squad is a fucking huge part of it, there's like tons of Minis now. And they'll be stuck with those crap that no one is going to want to buy because of the lost of interest in the movie.

Well 100% of movies are worse than BvS because BvS is the greatest movie of all time, so it makes sense.

I like that it's going to be nearly impossible to defend Suicide Squad with anything except "paid off reviewers" because it obviously won't even try the same attempts at symbolism that BvS did

What's so bad about it?
Oh wait, you're just here to shit post.

BvS wasn't good because of its "deep symbolism." It was good because of the story, characters, sounds, music, and visuals, among other things.

It's out?

OP here

bad jokes, bad fighting, bad characters with either no development or generic family sob stories, most of the cast contribute fucking nothing except killing a few faceless goons out of an army of them, Deadshot and Harley Quinn were fucking terrible yet almost the entire film focuses on them

At least Batman v Superman had some cool moments like the titular fight and Wonder Woman fighting Doomsday, but SS has no good scenes to speak of except maybe Deadshot's only trickshot kill and the Flash taking out Captain Boomerang

>watch suicide squad trailers
>literally DC giving up on adult oriented dark thematic story telling and following Marvel's kid friendly quip-filled pseudo comedy

DC totally at fault here, they shouldn't bend over to please the shitty marvel fans.

user, I've seen people on Sup Forums defend Green Lantern.

There will always be some retard that thinks these movies are great.

What's good about it? There's literally no redeeming moments in the film

What is it going to take for DC to pull the plug on this universe and start over?

How can they know what's good about it if it isn't out yet?

Wait isn't Harely supposed to be entertaining?

Is it me or should DC just give up on Live action movies? Their animated movies are much better

Now I'm curious, is Killing Joke better than this?

Ausfag here

Got tickets for midnight screening in 5 and a half hours. No regrets. Will report back later.

It's out in a bunch of countries already

I guess Americans need to wait another two days but I genuinely don't think people will want to defend it after viewing it

>most of the cast contribute fucking nothing except killing a few faceless goons out of an army of them, Deadshot and Harley Quinn were fucking terrible yet almost the entire film focuses on them

These were my main concerns from the trailers.

Too many villain team members made me positive most would be space filler, like almost all the kids in xmen first class.

I knew will smith was phoning it in from the trailers, had hopes harley would be better.

The sequel should be called Suicide Watch.

>Killing Joke
First 30 minutes or so really, really, suck ass.
Ends up being kinda okay in the end.

Harley is an annoying cunt who sporadically makes "LOL I'M SO CRAZY" jokes followed by silence by the rest of the cast and eventually for no reason whatsoever becomes chums with everyone else and sort of beats the final boss while yelling about protecting her friends

>BvS
>good story and characters

well..... ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮

>opposing thought

Nobody understood any of the characters motives. That part about the movie sucked

>character does villainous thing
>everybody stares
>"Come on, we're the bad guys!"

This line occurs like 5 times in the film, no fucking joke

>Nobody understood any of the characters motives

I did. And that's all that matters to me. If everyone else can't turn on their brain, who cares?

>Batman wanted to stop Superman from being a threat
>Luthor wanted to show the world that Superman couldn't save everyone
>Superman wanted to save his mother.

If nobody understood that then no wonder Marvel's movies for idiots are getting such glowing reviews.

Why tell lies?

I genuinely think you're just shitposting.

I don's really see an issue with them reminding the audience they are watching villains being expected to do the right thing.

Are you retarded or something?

Not him, but you can't look at the film objectively and say that Batman's motivations weren't presented in a very shakey manner, nor that superman wasn't himself just wooden and odd.

It's a flawed movie. There's no reason to argue about it anymore. Everybody knows it.

There's no regrets.
No tears goodbye
I don't want you back

So, basically like every marvel movie?

I can objectively say that's a load of shit.

The problem is that all of those were handled nonsensically.

Batman could have easily resolved his differences with Superman by talking to him for a minute, Lex tried to show Superman's imperfections by killing lots of people himself and making a CGI monster and Superman couldn't even remember which of his dads wanted him to be Superman.

The whole thing was a mess.

But Batmans motives were explained explicitly in the trailer and again the first ten minutes of the movie. He saw Superman exercise his ability to level a city in minutes and saw him as a threat he needed to neutralize.

>Luthor wanted to show the world that Superman couldn't save everyone
False.

>Superman wanted to save his mother.

That was at the very end. What about the first 2 hours?

user, please. I hated BvS and even I could follow the motives. Hell, part of the problem was that all their motives were retarded.

> superman wanted to save his mom

Wut? That was his motive the entire movie?

>batman wanted to stop superman from being a threat

And MARTHA! Made him change his mind? So if the jokers mom was named Martha, would batman stop fucking with him?

> Lex wanted to show the world that superman couldn't save everyone

He had a really retarded way of showing it

Not everyone gets high at the movies user

>titular fight
>cool moments
Opinion disregarded.

>Batman could have easily resolved his differences with Superman by talking to him for a minute
Which I'm certain was an option until Superman tore the roof off his car and told him to fuck off or die.

>Lex tried to show Superman's imperfections by killing lots of people himself
Which shows that Superman couldn't....?

>Superman couldn't even remember which of his dads wanted him to be Superman.
Jor-El was even mentioned in the movie so I don't know what you're trying to prove with this.

>False.
>If God is all powerful he can not be all good, and if he is all good he can not be all powerful
Lex was trying to prove that by literally making him fight a man who spent his entire life protecting Gotham to save his Mother, one was supposed to die.

>That was at the very end. What about the first 2 hours?
He was trying to learn about the Batman which built distrust between the two. Did you watch the movie?

>There's no reason to argue about it anymore

I'll defend it until the day I die, and maybe even past that because this is one of the only movies that could actually entertain me. There's so much garbage everywhere and it makes me sad. Finally a good movie comes out and this is how it's treated? It just seems unjust.

Batman was motivated by his paranoia and mistrust built up from his 20-year long crusade in Gotham. He could not accept that Superman was just a guy trying to do good.

Superman acted heroically for the whole movie, but was gradually losing hope and assurance until it culminated in his fight with Batman. Still, after all that, he was able to trust that Batman would keep his promise. Near the end of the movie, Superman chooses to stay a hero until his demise, telling Lois that she is his world. Where did Superman not act like Superman? Is it because he had doubts during tough times?

His motives were shoddy because he took things to gross extremes, to the point where he directly ignored all attempts at communication repeatedly. That's the problem with the way it was presented in the story. It was batman acting irrationally in regards to present motivation. Made worse by how oddly he just dropped all of it.

It was too much irrationality and rage for him to just about face at one word.

So... are comics advertisements for their movies, or is it the other way around? Because I think it's the other way around now. Movies are the gateway to the comics, for kids particularly. If the movie was disappointing, would that impact the sales of the comics? I'm gonna say yes.

>Did you watch the movie?
He probably didn't.
Just like most people here haven't even read the comics and just complain about them.

>Which I'm certain was an option until Superman tore the roof off his car and told him to fuck off or die.
I can't recall, but wasn't that after batman just got done murdering a bunch of folks with his armored tank car?

see

>And MARTHA! Made him change his mind? So if the jokers mom was named Martha, would batman stop fucking with him?

This is shitposting. Batman's inner turmoil throughout the entire movie were based solely around him not being able to save his parents and struggling with whether or not killing Superman was something he needed to do. When he was about to deliver the final blow Superman tells him he needs to save Martha. Of course its going to make him stop and ask questions.

I swear you retards act like the second he said Martha he helped him up and gave him a hug and shit.

>Movies are the gateway to the comics, for kids particularly.
Even if DC/marvel thinks they are, the constant mega events and rebooting that has been going on for years has made this so hard to actually work.

The comics are often unrecognizable.

>Which I'm certain was an option until Superman tore the roof off his car and told him to fuck off or die.
Stopped reading there.
That actually would've been a good moment to chat, but Batman (the world's greatest detective) instead chose to antagonize him. Or how about when Superman approached him before the fight? That would've been a great time if Superman made a bigger effort to show he was trying to be reasonable.

>Thread is about Suicide Squad being terrible
>DC fans are still trying to convince people Batman v Superman wasn't

Some kind of strange retrograde buttfrustration

So you're telling me if an alien rocked up one day and leveled an entire city then told you if you kept trying to protect the city you live in he would kill you, you would still be open to a narrative?

This isn't all star Superman palling it up with Batman. This is a violent vigilante and a god clashing morals.

BvS and MoS were great though.

>This isn't all star Superman palling it up with Batman
That's the problem.

>So you're telling me if an alien rocked up one day and leveled an entire city then told you if you kept trying to protect the city you live in he would kill you, you would still be open to a narrative?

Not him, but you are purposely leaving out a lot of context here.

Zod literally revealed himself, told the world they wanted superman who he also said had been living among them, peacefully.

Zod then, himself, with his minions, attempted to kill everyone, and then superman stopped him.

That's the exact reason people built a damn statue monument to him. Because regular people were able to follow that sequence of events, since it was all publicly outlined for them, and knew that Zod was the asshole.

The unwillingness to work anything out paints a picture of Batman and Superman that makes them out to be stubborn jackasses. In the context of the movie, their motivations were clear, I just don't wanna watch not-Batman have a shitty fight with not-Superman.

>inb4 'not muh'
Batman literally murdered people and Superman spent almost all his time between flights brooding. These characterizations were the worst part of a film that had a myriad of problems.

Don't get me wrong. I would have loved for that fight to have ended with

>Batman: Lex has your mother?
>Superman: That's what I've been trying to tell you!
>B: Leave it to me. You go handle whatever is causing the blackouts
>Handshake to dramatic music

But it's a different interpretation.

I just hope Justice League has Batman and Superman smiling in the same room together.

I hate how WB thinks superman's whole character is being jesus and suffering internally over being jesus.

It's like they all sat down, watched the end of kill bill 2, and then went to write a superman movie.

The action set pieces in BvS are well done...the rest of the movie...ahem.

True but Batman wasn't fighting Superman because he did something evil, he was skeptical about Superman's motives and his ability to not turn evil, a theme that has been visited upon many times. A skepticism that was brought to full closure when, again, Superman ripped the roof off his car and told him if he kept fighting crime he would kill him.

The shittiest part is that there are good Superman books with similar internal struggles, but he overcomes them or learns to live with it.

On a bit of a tangent: They blew their load on the death of Superman already, but it could be an opportunity to focus the character when he comes back.

As far as Emergency Awesome said, the movie may have had too many characters. Don't think he's the type of youtuber that actually does negative criticism in his reviews at all though, didn't for BvS as I recall.

He was trying to kill a man because he felt there was a remote chance the man might do something bad.

>Superman ripped the roof off his car and told him if he kept fighting crime he would kill him
You mean when superman stopped him after he killed like 8 people with his car?

Batman was unable to apply any perspective to his reasoning. He was literally crazy.

They threw the whole death of superman bit away just to push the jesus analogy further.

For all the wanking Snyder does on The Dark Knight Returns, he completely missed the point of Bruce's dislike of Clark.

It wasn't that Superman was hardcore. it was because he wasn't hardcore enough.

Do you have trouble walking and chewing gum? Or forget to breathe?

I know the movie was convoluted, & Linkin Park AMVs were better edited, but it was not fucking hard to know their motives for gods sake. Not sure how anyone is able to watch a marvel movie if a Zack Snyder movie is hard to figure out for them.

I'll agree for the most part. I think the final fight and the titular fight sucked though.

The final fight was bogged down with retarded story stuff. "No, Supes, spear him! Don't get, say, WW to do it or throw it or anything, just spear him!" And crap like that.

The titular fight was like a bad video game fight.
>douche him with kryptonite
>beat away his HP
>invulnerable stage
>rinse, repeat

>Superman smiling
gross

Waller gets twice buried now, first in GL and now this. That's the real bitch here.

Don't forget being offed in Arrow for no reason

Or being in Arrow at all

people say its really cheesy action flick

Sounds like to me that WB pulled a mirror in front of a marvel movie goer and didn't like what the reflection.

Careful, your butthurt and fanboyism is showing.

The difference is that marvel makes FUN bad movies. Meanwhile, everyone who has seen it appears to be saying that SS just plain sucks.

>He doesn't like what I like so he must be shitposting!

which cinema you at? i might be there

Honestly I don't know what to think. I think people are for some fucking reason expecting super hero antics from super villains and some people are expecting it to be this ground breaking film, others want it to be marvel which is retarded and most retarded of all I've read quite a bit of reviews where they complain it's not pc enough. So I genuinely don't know what to think and will reserve judgement for when I see it

>every movie must be Sharknado tier now

Okay, your opinion looks worthless. Going to see it on Friday.

all i've seen is people bitching about villains acting like villains. I think over slipknot punching the woman. & supposedly racism is in there. Who knows?

>He was trying to kill a man because he felt there was a remote chance the man might do something bad.
>a man

He didn't think of him as a man, he thought of him as a crazy alien god. Like how they kept showing the jesus imagery in the movie, implying everyone sees him as this godly figure. Batman just sees him as a threatening godly figure.

BvS got the worst batman of all time. Ive got no idea why they couldnt just have used Christian Bale again. Ben Afflecks shitty grumpy batman even breaks what batman is all about by literally killing people and using guns

He wasn't trying to copy that part of the Dark Knight Returns.

>Ive got no idea why they couldnt just have used Christian Bale again
Why the fuck are you even on Sup Forums you fucking retard

Whats wrong with Bale?

Besides not even having an intimidating size, worst costume, or his Mcgruff the crime dog impression?

That logic makes no fucking sense. You're out to murder someone and just because his mom has the same name as yours, you forgive all past agressions. I should just find some guy with a mom's name matching mine and fuck his shit to hell. See how quick he is to change sides when I mutter her name

What the fuck is even happening in this thread? I just wanted Flash confirmation.
Anyway
>Batman is finally older than his dad
>Feels that he has done nothing worthwile
>Decides to kill a god to exceed his father's legacy
>Stops fighting the god when he realizes he has the chance to do what his father couldn't: Save Martha

He's there for like 3 seconds but it's the best part of the film

A glimpse at the banter between Flash and the Rogues

These Chris Evans edits just get better and better.

When it comes to Super-hero movie reviews and things like Ghostbusters i never believe the reviews. Saw a couple of tumblr posts and a friend saying they refused to see the movie because Harley was with Joker

Add to that list horror movies.
It boggles my mind when horror trash and/or absolute mediocrity gets positive reviews like it's the new coming of Rosemary's Baby..

Maybe the greatest review ever.
This guy is beyond retarded.

>Sup Forums autists still forcing this meme .

Is it some sort of deranged attempt at an AI review? Like the twitter Tay bot?

>It just sucks
>why
>idk man it just sucks

It's the same shit ask Disney-tier but somehow those movies aren't destroyed by critics.
Disney characters are not more developed or deep, it's the same cliche shit.
Civil War was boring, really boring. And yet it was praised be cause people expect good Disney movies.
The movie could have been 2 hours of someone taking a shit with a Captain America costume it would have been as much praised.

AoU in said to be bad and yes it was praised by everyone.

You just have to admit that people only want Disney shit

Deadpool wasn't Disney. Nolan's Batman movies weren't Disney. X-2 wasn't Disney. Tim Burton's Batman movies weren't Disney.