Just finished rewatching episode 7 and besides the OT pandering...

Just finished rewatching episode 7 and besides the OT pandering, the only thing that really bothered me was Rey seemingly becoming a jedi in the course of a day.
Do people not notice this bullshit?
Beating Kylo (even if he was hit by Chewie's bowcaster which usually sends guys flying) was so forced.
Thoughts?

they shoe horned one good scene in and it made no fucking sense

>Do people not notice this bullshit?
No m8 you're the first one

>Beating Kylo (even if he was hit by Chewie's bowcaster which usually sends guys flying) was so forced.
You're also forgot that Kylo tilted himself by killing his father in cold blood, which essentially slashed his power instead of doubling it.

How did this go unnoticed

Should have been Rey losing the duel then Finn and Chewie swooping in the save her. But no, can't have that with STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN who needs no man

>Just finished rewatching episode 7

im so sorry

he killed his own father that would have meant that he became stronger in the dark force

Why did Chewie shoot Kylo?

>Do people not notice this bullshit?
People are used to female protagonists having no hardships, or development of any kind.

It's the worst fucking movie to come out in the last 20 years

>People still don't understand Kylo's character or his internal conflict during that fight (plus the gaping bowcaster wound) that made him lose

the movie has been out for almost two fucking years and has been discussed to death, how do you not understand it yet?

KEK

Because the entire sequence was a terrible narrative decision that makes him worthless as a villain?

why did he ot kill Finn immediately with a force choke?
Why is the plot made to make Rey as a Mary sue?

Even with the disadvantages Kylo was going through at the moment the guy was fucking strong and TRAINED in the force to some degree, stopping a blaster bolt is merit to that.
Getting duped by some chick who's only used a pole before just felt so wrong

>he's a worthless villain if he loses once even though he's deliberately shown to be inexperienced and is meant to grow alongside Rey
>If I can't use him as an escapist power fantasy then he's a bad character

You understand Kylo is meant to be a reflection of people like you, right?

I love how people bitch about how TFA is a soft-remake of ANH then complain about Kylo Ren not being a generic edgy sith lord

What's sad is a generic "edgy" sith lord would be better than what we received.

Exactly. Pain both mental and physical was supposed to make them stronger in the dark side. People shit on the prequels all the time, but at least they didn't totally ignore continuity and fucked it up the ass.

I think she was already trained but got hit with some sort of jedi amnesia spell or something

Then her force awakened ????

Funny, I just rewatched it too. It's aged a little better than I thought, the stupid race/gender/sexuality pandering is less annoying now but some of the dialog still grates. They really made Ford work for it. I still don't get why most of the characters are absurdly young.

I also rewatched Rogue One, never made it all the way through before. That ending scene with Vader and the Alliance crew way pretty damn good.

>"it's okay that the villain for the movies is completely ruined because that was the point. To have a shit villain."

Holy shit, you TFA apologists are cancerous as fuck. I bet you liked Anakin's lightsaber turning into Thor's hammer too.

The joke is that Kylo doesn't actually believe his own hype. The dark side feeds off anger and pain but it still requires conviction and belief in oneself, Kylo is a poser who knows he's a fucking shithead but has to keep up the charade that he's the big bad dark lord

Darth Maul was full of rage but it as a calm, serene anger that fed his power, Kylo is having a fucking mental breakdown in the climax

I agree. I really wanted that to happen to solidify Chewie, Finn, and Reys relationship as a trio and how they will be there for each other. Also maybe save Kylo's reputation.

>the villain is bad because I can't project myself onto him and pretend I'm murdering all my bullies with a lightsaber and instead he's a reflection of the kind of person I actually am, an inept loser with daddy issues who spergs out on the computer

nobody asked for a soft reboot.

I hated the points you mentioned and everything starliller. Not that it was a bigger death star. Just the whole concept of it.

The planet literally split in half two seconds after Rey beat the fuck out of him.

You didn't even need to have a conclusion one way or the other, just make the planet split mid-fight, the two exchange the 'this isn't over' look, then they all flee the collapsing planet. That way people have a hook for the next episode - unfinished business and a proper conclusion to their fight. Both Rey and Kylo look strong in the meantime.

How the fuck did you both miss the fact that Kylo sucks at being on the dark side? It didn't make him stronger because he's not completely entrenched in the dark yet. Nothing in canon was broken.

While others do make that bitch, it is a remake but the places they deviate in the story make it worse not better.

If they had did a perfect 1 for 1, it would have been much better.

He isn't a credible villain anymore. Vader never lost to Luke until the very end of the trilogy and that was mostly because he was trying to get Luke to go to dark side.

They took a character of Jacen Solo and made a worse version of him.

He didn't kill Finn immediately because he wanted to toy with him. He purposefully let Finn fight him and dragged out the contest. Then Finn got in a lucky hit, and Kylo proceeded to end the battle in two moves. He probably thought Finn was dead but didn't care enough to check.

he killed his own father. How much more dark side do you need?

>"How did Luke make the shot at the death star? Wasn't it like a one in a million shot? So unrealistic."

The nearly unanimous critical and fan praise says otherwise, and no, the Sup Forums echochamber is not a valid sample

and yeah, they could have taken more risks, but I feel they did enough with the new characters, which is where it actually counts. They seriously could have just made a movie that was all about old Luke Skywalker, but they made the movie almost entirely about the new cast and they're all interesting and unique enough to carry the film

TFA is a meta-narrative on the nature of Star Wars a film franchise anyway so all the poetry is for an actual thematic point

doesn't look like in the movie. I can't remember a dialogue that indicates that

>He isn't a credible villain anymore
Doesn't matter, since he's clearly getting a redemption arc and will probably be heading towards it much earlier than Vader. Nearly every shot of him in TLJ that we've seen has him barely looking like a villain.

Why is it so hard for people to grasp that Kylo is not and never was the big bad? He's the last Skywalker for fuck's sake.

>The villain wields a cross

Jews are so shameless

it makes him worthless as a villain because
NEWS FLASH
hes not the villain and will be redeemed by ep 9 at the latest
luke is the villain

It didn't work because he immediately regrets killing his father and it fucks him up. He hasn't given himself over to the dark entirely even if he wants to.

Yes it does, if you actually watch the movie. Kylo is clearly playing around with Finn. At one point he knocks Finn to the ground, then turns his back on Finn to spin his lightsaber around, waiting for Finn to get back up so he can continue the fight.

>Vader never lost to Luke until the very end of the trilogy
it's almost as if Vader and Kylo are completely different characters at completely different points in their journey dipshit

>Jacen
Oh, I get it, you're a buttmad EUfag who's devastated you wrote all those book reports in middle school for no reason because it's no longer """canon"""

>still had minor training in the force from fucking Kenobi one of the greatest Jedi of all time

>Oh, I get it, you're a buttmad EUfag who's devastated you wrote all those book reports in middle school for no reason because it's no longer """canon"""
this 100%
this guy just got called out lmao

The Disney writers failed miserably to make him a conflicted and deep person because has so little dialogues.

Especially the scene with his father was embarrassingly bad

stop thinking with the prequels and thinking it's about training and how much studying you put into it

Why was Yoda disappointed in Luke for not being able to pull the X-Wing? He should have known Luke didn't have enough experience points

They fucked up the movie villain by making him a pussy in the very first movie. Now there will be literally no tension when he faces Rey again since we know she can beat him.

That's like if Luke beat Vader in Episode IV. It would've made Vader look like a total pushover.

Yea she's a mary sue.

The film was mostly "fine" but that's about it. I saw no outstanding flaws. I just didn't care about anything that was happening because it was boring as fuck.

>t. prequelbabby who can't understand character intent unless it's spoonfed through exposition

I WON'T LET YOU DIE IN CHILDBIRTH PADME

You don't know that. All we have is the movie we have, not your fantasy head canon. So far all he is a shit villain.

Again you don't know that. All you have is shit villain, that's his entire character right now.

The movie narratively portray's him in the vader role just like ANH. It doesn't matter what you believe. They showed him in the role the same way Vader was to Emperor.

They're supposed to be different characters but he is occupying the same space vader did in ANH.

Not at all, I'm happy the EU was wiped out. That doesn't stop me from being able to do research and see what Disney is taking from the previous EU and applying it to their canon pieces.

But feel free to try and pigeon hole me as you desperately try to defend a cardboard cut out of a character and a villain that nobody respects making the movie forgettable when it is literally templated on second most valued movie behind Gone With The Wind.

>Snoke decided to use the weakest Jedi ever apparently, since he was laughably weak, and tkae him in as an apprentice to take over the galaxy and didn't train him because plot

Makes total sense.

Bingo!

That was actual character devolpment with Luke though, he wasn't strong or good enough constantly and needed help.
Compare that to Rey who seemingly has no faults and is an adept with only a days realization of the power she suddenly has and its pure shit

>They showed him in the role the same way Vader was to Emperor.

but literally the entire point is that he's trying to pretend he's vader but he literally isn't, he couldn't be anymore different

Like most people who piss and moan about TFA, you keep nitpicking over superficial similarities but refuse to engage with actual intent or meaning

and it seems like you dont understand good story writing

You would had expected that Han would try everything to get his son back.

He could have told him that Darth Vader (his grand father sacrifised himself to save Luke)

>People are used to female protagonists having no hardships, or development of any kind.
But Rey's entire life had been hardship. We were supposed to get that from the parts scrubbing scene where she looks at the old woman and is reprimanded. Of course it makes no sense for her not to have sold the droid OUT OF RESPECT FOR DROID DIGNITY BECAUSE LIGHT SIDE when Luke was just fine with wiping D2 and 3PO which did make sense but hey, soft reboots aren't perfect.

She has been trained before. Seriously people, don't you pay attention to movies?

Should feel ashamed for lying on the internet

They did a scene for scene remake with only changing minor details, which ended up making the remake worse than the original. The intent or meaning gets lost when you go "Wow this garbage, I could just watch A New Hope and get same story or better. "

I could give a fuck about JJ's intent.

>scene for scene

Oh, come on, you memer. TFA is definitely extremely similar to ANH in plot structure, but you're greatly exaggerating.

no the first 10 minutes or so are almost identical

I never watching this movie more than 3 times

"Extremely" They're articles you can go look up right now that go plot detail by plot detail and they all match up. That isn't even close to right qualifying word connecting the two movies. It has nothing to do with memes.

How often do you find starwars fans wanting things to be terrible instead of better or different? How many times have you seen people complain wanting to see other eras of starwar's galaxy.

You take criticism as not wanting it to succeed.

Name a single new alien species that you know of, out of the last several movies or cartoon or comics. A new distinctive created thing for starwars.

Where's the twileks of sequels?

So far you got a roller ball and space penguins. Who are you trying to convince because you're not making any headway with me. Start with yourself and then you might convince someone.

Starwars has always been an extended toy commercial but at least we could enjoy the ride before.