Has xkcd ever been funny?

Has xkcd ever been funny?

I've started to read it in order from the start of the archive and it's all garbage. When did he start to get funny, if ever?

I always saw it as the """""smart""""" comic, not the funny one

It's all snide, autistic, 'observations' and science name-dropping. What's smart about it?

The only thing that xkcd brings is cringe and rage
>that nobody likes beer because I don't like it comic
>that I think wordplay jokes are dumb because i am smart
>did I tell you how smart I am
>guys I finished college holy shit I'm so smart
>LOOK MATH LOOK LOOK GUYS MATH JOKES ONLY SMART PEOPLE GET THESE

Then why is it popular? How has it sustained itself?

normies with no education think making LED jokes like a drunke engineer drop out is cool and smart.

math major here

xkcd is fucking hilarious

>It's all snide, autistic, 'observations' and science name-dropping
That's what "smart" is
You're thinking of intelligence
Intelligence is not required to enjoy XKCD

When in the last 100 years has smart ever been used to described something intelligent in literature or really just general media

Maybe stop being so autistic and accept that people use words to mean things that you don't immediately realize the meaning to

Why?

I seriously think it's jokes made for autistic people.

Anyone got that joker version of the comic where at the end he just pees himself?

There's something about XKCD that in my opinion sucks the dignity out of life. I wish I could audibilize it better, but there it is. I feel about XKCD the same way I feel about fast food. I just think it's disgusting, and if we're really going to be pigs with no standards then why don't we all just kill ourselves.

It's kind of weird that the only comic/cartoon educators openly like is one with barely any artistic presence.

>It's kind of weird that the only comic/cartoon educators openly like is one with barely any artistic presence.
educators don't regularly read XKCD
it's more like their students will send them comics and they will print them out because they are relevant and interesting to them

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Interesting""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>to them
we get it user
it's cool to shit on people who like XKCD

I think it is SOMETIMES funny, but really often it reaches for something else and is INTERESTING. Like the infographs we sometimes get. Or the sand castle one. Or any one of his other projects. They are stupid art pieces that I'm sure people are going to shit on but who the heck else does anything like it? It is unique, and often quality enough to be worth looking at. If only for the 30 seconds it takes 3 times a week.

post the beer comic

There are a lot of people who seriously won't take no for an answer when you don't feel like drinking. It's very annoying when one of those people happens to be your friend and they don't take the hint, no matter how loudly you tell them, that you don't want a drink.

The comic honestly demonstrates an issue I've noticed VERY often. It sometimes feels impossible to seriously discuss peoples' drinking habits without them thinking you're pretentious. Maybe it's just the people I hang around with, my family, but if I even mention, "hey, you guys have binge-drank literally 3 nights in a row, are you sure this isn't some sort of addiction / are you sure you really need to drink THAT much to have a good time / why do you think you're drinking so much?", you get booed down or not taken seriously. You're just "the party pooper".

That said, I understand that not everyone shares my experiences.

former math major here
it fucking isn't, you're just sleep deprived

I know a few people like that. But very few.

What the comic is saying is different though.
>I had a budwieser once and didn't like it.
>This must be how all beer tastes to everyone
>There must be a giant conspiracy to drink to feel included rather than because people actually like it
>I'm also too much of a pussy to just say 'no thanks, I don't drink'

People like to feel smart and xkcd helps them pretend that they are.

beer does taste like shit though. people drink it because it's cheap alcohol and that's it.

I dont drink, it's completely destroyed my social life and several friends I've known since secondary school dont talk to me anymore, and this is for NOT drinking

It's funny how this one kind of obnoxious comic, which can easily be interpreted as mocking the author, assblasted SO MANY people.

Get better friends

>drinking alcohol for any reason other than to get drunk

No

Nope.

I live in southern Germany. Beer is tasty, if it isn't the piss you have in the US or Becks.

I think it's pretty accurate

A lot of the jokes are hit-and-miss, but some can be genuinely funny if its relatable.

>which can easily be interpreted as mocking the author

randall isn't self-aware enough for that

the alt text makes it obvious it's straight-faced anyway