Cant get caught

>cant get caught
>gets caught anyway

Nigga was arrogant.

ty for spoilers

>after complicated kerfuffle, antagonist dies
>exactly the same guy steps in as new antagonist

At least Mello was unique. Near was a carbon copy of L, just replace sweets with toys.

That's when you know the writer ran out of ideas.

how would you fix it?

it ends after L dies

this
I think it would've made more of an impact if Light actually won at the end and chaos ensued. How many shows are there where the bad guy wins at the end? Not alot.
Plus after L dies, the show went to shit. Near and Mello were nowhere near as good as L.

>Antihero loses his powers
>gets them back again
also
>antagonist is slightly more suspicious in this episode than in the last
>decides not to act on it

Is Light Yagami the most based character in fiction?

This. Made no fucking sense to continue on with some sort of orphan bullshit. Where the fuck did this guy have the time to build that kind of relationship?

Light wins in the last episode. He had everything down. The way he lost was retarded. Near didn't outsmart him. The writer's just a cuck who didn't want evil to triumph even though Light did nothing wrong.

No, he's a bitch. A really smart bitch, but a bitch nigga nonetheless.

I think it was producers and editors demanding more content since the manga was doing well and was going to be pretty short.

Absolutely this. Everything had built up to it. Light had won at that point. No one else was as deeply rooted into the investigation, everyone had pretty much given up, and the world was at his feet.

yup

i didn't like how he suddenly turned into a little bitch by the end

that would be totally fin, i think a more satisfying ending would be Light beating every L copycat and winning but Ryuk suddenly kills after finding someone else more interesting

this is what i don't get about producers, why don't they let that story finish there, and then you can make, i don't know, Death Note 2, and you take the same premise but this time with a different character, maybe one that is more irresponsable and stupid, i guarantee people would consume it just the same, and you have the legacy of the first story intact and you don't have to think of retarded ways to continue with it.

This is how the matrix could've been saved, imagine Reloaded and Revolutions with a different One that isn't Neo, it's immediately ten times better

>cant get caught
>never will either, cause he did nothing wrong

This is bad bait.

>afterlife proven to exist
>souls are judged and their fates sorted out fairly
What's wrong with killing people in this situation? Even the good ones will have a nice afterlife, which would ultimately be the real life

>L outsmarts Light in a perfect plan that would reveal Misa and possibly Light
>Only way L loses is a random shinigami killing him

>Near just randomly decides Mikami is helping Light based on zero evidence at all
>Gets the Death Note because Mikami did one random thing different on one random day
>Makes a microscopic perfect recreation of a the entire notebook filled to the brim with names in a single night
>Light only loses because of these completely random fucking decisions he had no involvement with

Near might be the single worst character in all of fiction.

>watching Light get his smug shit pushed in for the last episode

the whole series is one guy being a mong and making mistakes that nobody would ever make

t. puffed-up mong

>making mistakes that nobody would ever make
What mistakes did he makes in the first season aside from indicating that that Kira had to be within the families of the investigative team?

This + Light also dies

>completely random fucking decisions he had no involvement with
Wrong. Even allowing the possibility that the other notebook could have been captured was an immense mistake.

Killing "L" for emotional reasons?

I don't expect anyone here to admit Light is about as consistent a character as a saturday morning cartoon protagonist, but come on.

due to the nature of the comic which has to keep the story moving week after week, the authors were probably perssured to continue after killing L off as well.
I re-read the manga a few weeks ago and pretty amazing how dumb the second half is, the anime handled it much better or maybe that it was paced better.
I reckon the new movie will be pretty good, can't see it being worse than dragonball: evolution anyway

yeah the writer/artist mentioned in bakuman about how popular series get pressured to continue after they feel the plot is complete

He knew L would eventually figure it out, and considering he was right on the verge of proving Misa was the Second Kira that would have pretty much sealed Light's fate. He had no choice but ti kill him.

>Killing "L" for emotional reasons?
Why was that his motive? He though L was the only person who could possibly capture him.
>Light is about as consistent a character as a saturday morning cartoon protagonist
The characterization isn't that important in the series, but after Light kills the FBI agents, he is consistent. The inconsistency stems from very questionable decisions on his part.

>bullshit in-universe reasons
No, it was just a cheap way to make them confront one another early in the series.

>bullshit in-universe reasons

What did he mean by this? Not memeing, are you saying it's bullshit that the character did what made sense for the plot?

all he had to do was ignore L's first broadcast and keep killing. that's it.

the dude was over-confident from the start and on top of that began relying on other people like Misa and Mikami. it was pretty obvious he was going to get caught eventually.

it's garbo anyways senpai. Besides, how could you not see it coming?