Was he right?

Was he right?

Yes

Watch all the dumb fucking Sup Forumstards come in here and spew shit. Don't listen to them fellow 4channers.

yes since the dumb dumb disease seemingly leads to Planet of the Apes

To take this role? No. The film was garbage.

>He got them to chant because it proved they still had voices

>Sup Forumstards
>fellow 4channers

You don't get, do you?

Sup Forums is Sup Forums, Sup Forums is Sup Forums

No

but anyone rooting for the apes is an enormous faggot

>dumb dumb disease

It's Alzheimer's you dip.

ahh nice touch

both of you need to leave my board now

Yeah, but are the apes still spreading it? Nobody seemed to mind hanging out in close working conditions with them

>No
What was he wrong about?

in the original movie, when the underground people reveal they are actually worshipping an ICBM, the scene was horrific and also ironically comical

this new age remake is just drudgery

The movie points to the blood of other infected to spreading it
Maybe it's just an offshoot of the Simian Flu? They really don't give us a real understanding

>enslaving the apes instead of slaughtering them
>not killing ape Jesus on sight
>killing his own son

It's a mutation of the vlu that circumvented their communities

But if he shot them he couldn't defend his base

I'd agree except killing his son could be seen as a mercy
How many people have said something along the lines of
>If I'm ever a vegetable on life support just pull the plug
or
>I'd rather die than not be able to move or talk

Agree on the apes, not the son. He needed to build a wall (I wonder there they got that from), but it was kinda pointless. Shoulda gassed the apes.

>Keep infectious apes in close proximity in order to build ultimately useless wall(lel trump reference)
>stay in base at the bottom of potential avalanche
>cuddle with what could have been Caesars cum-rag

He did everything wrong, his only saving grace was the forethought to exterminate sick humans.

Of course he was totally in the right.

The other army thought it could be cured medically. Why? Everything in-universe pointed to the Simian Flu being so virulent that it wiped out humanity before a cure could be found. Now the army with barely any surviving humans, barely any resources, food, manpower, etc. somehow thinks they can cure a disease that will literally destroy the human race and they get mad at the Colonel because he knows that it's impossible given their state and he takes the necessary measures to ensure the survival of the species at large, sacrificing his own son.

I'm willing to hope that it wasn't a Trump thing and just actually about a wall
I mean it held up alright for being mad of rock and wood against tanks and shit

nice catch

I haven't seen this movie yet, is there a balance between both sides or are the humans blatantly evil?

Humans are blatantly evil

the girl didn't seem tarded though, just not able to speak. She learned sign language really fast. The human race will be fine even if mute, even without sign language we'd still have writing and typing. If the armies weren't tarded they could've wiped out the apes easily and humanity's survival would be assured

Humans are mustache twirling Drumpf-comparisons

Humans come off a little worse but Colonel, who seems like a crazy asshole, has a really good point
Hell even without that once you factor in the Simian Flue wiping them all out and Koga they're fairly justified

>blatantly evil

An entire army is wiped out by an avalanche Caesar started, it's almost comical.

THE WALL JUST GOT 10 FEET TALLER

That's a fucking shame. I was hoping they would be morally grey.

What shit writing

the last like twenty minutes are a real let down

Why don't actors get horrible purple stretch marks across their bodies when they go from fat to skinny to muscular to skinny

>The human race will be fine even if mute

Watch the original

Have you seen any of the other movies in the remake user? The humans are bad besides James Franco and his old senile dad. Then in the next another family, then another and another this is there formula.

makeup and lighting. And generally you get the marks from becoming fat, not from becoming thin. It's just that if you're fat it's all filled out and harder to notice. If you don't get them from being fat you won't get them from being fit unless you become a big bodybuilder.

It was a Trump thing, so was the overt Christian imagery whenever he was addressing the troops. Even called it a Holy War, even though religion was not a thing in the movie. Also the Alpha and Omega were early Christian symbols, he even makes the sign of the cross when speaking, and there is a crucifix in every scene where he talks about the war, even above his sink in the kitchen when talking to Caesar. I hate injecting politics into movies, but I didn't have to with this one.

If you get fat gradually instead of all at once you won't even get stretch marks. They do tend to go away naturally after awhile and being tan helps.

Yes, in so far as the existence of the original Planet of the Apes proves that the disease will, in fact, infect all of humanity and reduce them to primitive beasts, and that by containing the spread of disease you stand to potentially save whatever shred of humanity is still alive. Granted, it seemed like the mutation of the simian flu was a complete fluke, and that it could have theoretically happened to anyone at any time, so it's not guaranteed that the Colonel and his army would have actually been safe forever, but in principle, he was correct in his willingness to make sacrifices in order to ensure that the human race survived.
It was probably a mistake to create problems by keeping the apes captive, but I suppose that the wall in front of the complex may be more strategically valuable than it may have seemed.

not the same universe, like how Logan isn't part of the main x-men timeline

I'd argue that Gary Oldman in Dawn wasn't portrayed as "bad" in the way Colonel Drumpf was

The humans quite literally did nothing wrong in Dawn, which was the point.

It's pretty clear that the movie intends for the humans to be ultimately evil, but there's enough justification for their actions so that you can root for them

Did we watch the same movie? Humans weren't necessarily evil, it was us vs them situation.