Pic related should be Christopher Nolan's next adventure...

Pic related should be Christopher Nolan's next adventure. The greatest video game story of all time for the greatest director of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfEnsMWYisI
youtube.com/watch?v=F7khL9Ms4ow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I actually agree with this.

Too bad horror is probably Nolan's least favorite genre. He could make true kino out of this.

>Nolan not making a Muppet Babies movie.

Already have a decent Silent Hill movie with prime Rhada Mitchell and cute Jodelle.

Fuck off, those movies were trash and completely unfaithful to the series.

It takes a true shit director to take a series with kino storytelling and turn it into nonsensical dogshit.

The first three Silent Hill plots were Kino, everything from then on bar PT was shit.

do i have to play the first or can i go directly to 2?

Go directly to number 2 for kino storytelling. The only problem is that 1 and 3 won't be as enjoyable because 2's plot is so good.

They aren't even making the games anymore.

Its not worth making another story. Replace the lady and daughter from the first with a guy and his girl in Sh2; Its exact same story. You think some hollywood director is going to sit down and play these and be able to translate it any better? That is insane.

The first Silent Hill the movie is great at getting the tone of that world. The world FX were great. All the 3d monsters in the second movie, which they will use again, were crummy. I don't want to see that. I don't need a third piece of shit.

Bullshit, Silent Hill 2 was made for the big screen. Out of any video game plot, it is the most translatable on the big screen. The last director who made silent Hill literally didn't know shit about the series and just kept on taking all these retarded ass liberties without ever asking the original writers for input.

>unfaithful
maybe the 2nd to a extent well a greater extent for sure but 1 is very faithful just because they changed the sex doesn't make it not faithful is this Phelous?

The first fucked the plot up so terribly. Anyway I'm not saying all of them can translate to movies, but Silent Hill 2 can.

youtube.com/watch?v=CfEnsMWYisI

>decent

>three

wat the fuck are you talking about, willus

I'm talking about the games

oh, my bad, i thought you were talking movies on, you know, \tv\

Stopped watching when that dumbass said it was one of the greatest adaptations.

If you were a true SH fan then you'd know that he didn't know shit about the characters.

Pyramidhead for example. What the fuck was he doing in either of those films? Pyramidhead was exclusive to SH2 and wasn't even a real person/ghost, he was a physical manifestation of the main character James' desire to be punished for killing his wife.

I read director's commentary from the film and the dumbfuck director went and said that Pyramidhead was a former executioner. One of the most iconic characters in the franchise and gaming, completely changed in a nonsensical way to fulfill some shithead director's fanfiction.

I take back what I said, Hollywood should stay the fuck away from SH2. They'd only butcher it.

OP I love SH2 too but I don't think it would work as a film

it[s just something that needed to be a videogame

it would be unimpressive as a film. This story was already told in films before

and the soundtrack for SH2 was used in the SH film anyway, and that's a lot of the quality from this game

Yeah well, was talking about a video game being turned into a movie. So it still pertains to the topic.

user he should clearly do an adaptation of megaman

3 is better than 2

Nolan is a terrible choice, lynch would be good

I'm a huge SH fan played every single one, and I loved this film

this guy is right and people shit on it too much

Nolan just finished ruining the Batman franchise and he hasnt done horror before What makes you think he understands the genre?

It's truly amazing how Silent Hill's obsessive fanbase continually fails to recognize the movie Silent Hill 2 was directly based on and received the the immense majority of its inspiration from.

It gets even more absurd when the thread is on Sup Forums, where its membership continually jerks off to the director of said movie and even they fail to see the connection.

There is already a Silent Hill 2 movie, since it's an adaptation of that movie. There doesn't need to be another, since no one else could come close to capturing what it manages. Especially not directed by Christopher Nolan. Jesus fucking christ, what a poor match up that is. Do you really not know any other talented directors, particularly ones adept at depicting unique forms of dread and despair?

Actually in silent hill 2 james conjured up the image of pyramidhead because he had seen a painting of him on an earlier trip to silent hill. Pryamind head was infact an executioner.

he was a former executioner you dumbfuck

he's both a former executioner and a ghost haunting james, which took form of the executioners of the town that was in SHs place before Silent Hill was founded

this to be quite honest with you my friends

NO FUCKING SHIT

I miss when Sup Forums at least had the illusion of knowing anything about what it pretends to like.

Goodness, they wasted that world class soundtrack on those shit adaptations?

some of it yeah

Nope that hadn't been neither confirmed nor denied. James was in the Otherworld and it's accepted that the painting was created by James' psyche as was most of the fucked up stuff and monsters he saw.

Silent Hill isnt a haunted town, it draws people with darkness in their hearts and manifests their subconscious guilt. Hence the letter that never existed and hence Pyramidhead

Honestly Blue Velvet is basically the closest thing you'll get to a proper Silent Hill 2 movie.

The letter did exist though, it's just James blocked out the majority of it.

Jesus christ. Please kill yourself.

>tfw young Vincent D'onofrio will never play Eddie Dombroski

James never had the letter. Play the damn game. As he starts rememberig what he did to Mary the letter fades and fades and after you've seen the tape it's gone. In fact, the one he read wasn't even complete.

There was a letter, but James was never once in possesion of it. The town just let him think he was in order to bring him back.

The Machinist is a literal SH2 movie.

Oh god no. I'd hate to see Nolan give it the Inception treatment and make it look all dull and grey. The man made a movie abouf dreams look boring.

If I had to choose the perfect director to adapt it I'd say it's probably Lynch. Villeneuve might be up for it too.

You're a dumbfuck with no understanding of any of the basic Silent Hill premise. You probably don't even know the difference between the Fog World or Otherworld.

Everything James saw in the town was manifested from his psyche. The non existent video tape, the monsters he saw and even Pyramidhead. If you actuttook the time to pay attention then you'd realize that all the people that were there in 2 except Laura were experiencing their own hells manifested from the town. Pyramidhead was James' demon just like how Angela's demon was the father who raped her. The painting with Pyramidhead was created by James, the writings on the wall were created by James.

It's almost comical.

SH2 will never work as a movie.

I'd like to say Lynch wouldn't make the same movie twice, but Mulholland Drive is a thing.

nothing that you just wrote contradicts what I said about pyramid head being based on the executioners from SHs past, dumb boy

post yfw this will never happen

>Villeneuve might be up for it too.

Get fucked, you worthless piece of aborted shit.

Villeneuve is literally cancer.

You're sooooo right, it's too abstract, it just wouldn't work on screen.

silent hill 2 is good because it's a video game

like watchmen is good because it's a comic book

like bidman is good beacuse it's a film

get it?

It does because if the painting with the executioners were only James' delusion, then they never existed in the first place.

You completely missed my point, but I'm gonna ignore that to point out the obvious flaw in the logic of your opinion:

Watchmen is a direct commentary about comics using the same medium. Same goes for Birdman. Silent Hill 2 isn't a commentary on video games structurally or culturally, and doesn't lose context from it's commentary in the same way. The analogy just doesn't fit.

Back to my point:

Just watch Lost Highway you fucking moron.

I've seen lost highway, and I'm not the guy you originally responded to

anyway my point was that sh2s strenght is that it's interactive

the actual story of SH2 is not great

it's the way it's told

It's possible he never had the letter on him, but it did exist at one point. I'm still going with the obvious which is he blocked it out considering he was in immense denial. Also the town had nothing to do with the letter, James is just unstable, like everyone else he meets except Laura.

I guess they shoukd have never adapted The Silence of the Lambs right?

Dude it's cool, that's the best part about this game, it's up to so many interpretations but it doesn't come off as pretentious like a lot of Hollywood crap that tries to do this type of thing.

>it's the way it's told
I'm not the person you replied to, but I do agree. I think we've all been deprived for so long we just want something new from this series even if it's a retelling in a new format.

With that said there's a ton of movies that clearly inspired the Silent Hill series and they're always fun to watch, and it's clear David Lynch must have had a huge impact on Team Silent and what could have been Silent Hills.

True true, probably one of the reasons I like these games so much is hearing how others interpreted the series and learning new details that you could have missed the first couple times playing it.

It's not about how abstract it is. I just don't see how things like sound and environment design (wich still will be praised many years from now) will benefit from movie adaptation.

I will never stop being mad about silent hills cancellation

You're not alone.

It'd be too deep for many people to understand. Especially the retards on this board.

>The greatest video game story

i'm down for a xenogears movie, though I really don't think a single flick can fit everything unless they go Das Boot on it

Please let Silent Hill rest in peace. Please no more, its had a hard life.

>was about to be revived and saved from the west
>komani pulls the plug

The Silent Hill movies are all shit, we don't need more. Fuck off.

Worst ending.

Mary endig was the only good ending.

looks like that's a wrap, good job to the both of you for playing but it looks like our victor is the guy who said PH is entirely imaginary.

But you got a cool pachinko machine instead, isn't that what you wanted?

fuck no, not even close

Are you talking about Jacob's Ladder? Because it's nothing like Silent Hill 2.

>kills Silent Hills
>makes a panchinko machine from its corpse
Japanese companies never cease to confuse me.

the yakuza panchinko game is strong

I don't like Christopher Nolan but I have to admit that if there is anyone who could pull off a Silent Hill 2 movie it would be him.

And David Lynch.
Pay attention.

I mean he originally intended for Inception to be a horror film so I doubt he hates the genre as a whole.

There's already a Silent Hill movie. It's called Jacob's Ladder.

Apart from the muh dead wife trope I don't see it at all.
If there has to be a SH2 movie it should be done by a filmmaker who is not afraid of the surreal. Nolan made a movie about dreams and the most exciting thing that happens is a room spinning

They canceled it because the demo was a huge flop. The playstation audience isn't the same as it was 15 years ago. We don't care about japanese games now.

A Silent Hill 2 movie is pointless.
>just make the game's story
They already did, it's called Silent Hill 2.

Porting one visual and sound media to another video and sound media is completely pointless if the best they can do is just make it again.

You people only want it because having a big name director next to your unrespected videogame might get it respect from assholes who judge things based on platform. As an artistic statement it can only be a step back.

Now a Manic Miner movie, there's something.
youtube.com/watch?v=F7khL9Ms4ow

guy kills wife and feels guilty about it and tries to cope with it in a dream like nightmare world?

I thought he already did a movie about that

>Sup Forums redditors are also Nolanfags
checks out

Just watch Jacob's Highway.

It was an extremely forgettable story.

You keep praising the plot and yet never mention it. I only played the first game then promptly got a life.