French and Belgian Comics

Is Thorgal any good? A sleazy french guy wants to sell me his collection. The art is quality but is the story any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

freetexthost.com/hwfefezmzh
pastebin.com/WNTstJc8
bedetheque.com/BD-Voyage-en-Satanie-Tome-1-tome-1-2-132900.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can't go wrong with a sleazy French guy, OP.

>draw batman
>remove ears
>call it european

what are you talking about? that's clearly Doctor DOOM

>french comics thread
Alright, bring on the tits and lolis.

Thorgal's pretty good, yes.

the man in Iron Mask a french historical figure who was one of the inspirations for dr doom's design

>thor gal
FUCKING FEMINISM

never trust a frenchman especially if he has a mustache

You mean curly mustache. Other kinds are more acceptable.

>Is Thorgal any good?
Fuck yeah it is, I'm gonna storytime it sometime if I have the time.

Any French Sup Forumsmrades following this series (Dwarves/Elves)? I'm impatiently waiting for vol 2 of Dwarves to get translated to Dutch, since 1 was amazing.

What are the future volumes of either series like?

Never heard of it. Any scans out? Might be able to make an english TL if so

There's one called "Beyond the Rocks" that was about dwarfs as well. That one was okay.

freetexthost.com/hwfefezmzh

I'll just leave this here

Rik Ringers And the Windmill of Doom

Fucking loved Ric Hochet as a kid, still have some of the books laying around.

nice trips

I think a few decades of Spirou have been made available online a few months ago.

>I think a few decades of Spirou have been made available online a few months ago.

Yes. The first 60 years with only a gap between 1990 and 1994.

pastebin.com/WNTstJc8

You won't find Ric Hochet in there though because that ran in Tintin.

But if you want to find, say, Archie Cash... then here you go.

forgot my pic, one of the missing issues

you can easily find the albums that span the 1990 - 1994 period on libgen

The bump / Le bump / De bump

Une bosse pour plus de BD, svp.

It was one of the main features of the Comic museum in Brussels when I went last year. From what I gathered, he actually uses paint for most of the pages, which is why the art is a big step above other stuff.

The writing can be very wordy at points. You need a bit of an attention span as it's got very slow pages with tons of lore and "fantasy land" speak in, but the stories I've read so far have been a bit on the episodic side too.

>posting thumbnails

But why. There's genuine full size pages available.

New Orbital when?

What am I reading?

Can't remember the first one.
Second is generic hankypanky talk and last panel is the little brother saying something like "you paid me to leave you two alone, but given the current situation I think my fee just doubled".

What am I reading?

> Comic is called "Alone" in English
> Searching Alone on Google is useless
> Searching Alone Comic comes up with the fucking meme shit

Such a pain.

Got that one. Don't forget Sophie.

Search "Seuls-BD. Use the same for Facebook.

Phil scanlated them all. There's also official translations of the first 4 and they've been ripped by Lynx.

Lanfeust is a fucking good epic story

Why not search for it in the archives?

Try searching by the orginal name -
"Seuls". Some user storytimed all the (English-translated) volumes a few months back.

>Can't remember the first one.

I think it went something like
>Can you take my picture? I want a souvenir of the stupid happy face I'm making this morning.

>What am I reading?

The waitress is warming the hamburgers with her armpits since the microwave is broken. The blue jacket guy in the last panel says "It's a good thing we didn't order hot dogs".

From what I understood, anyway.

Belgium >>> France

user, French comics are not all tits and lolis. Just most of them.

Just started reading Kairos thanks to a recommendation and I'm having fun with it.
Has the third volume been translated yet?

Yes. Don't remember where I found it but here's the filename: Kairos 03 (2015) (Scanlation) (phillywilly)

If you can't find it I could upload it somewhere.

Legs Weaver is really wierd, but generally fun. She even got a Magical Girl series featuring her and a bunch of other adults.

>pantyshots : the comic

"les Mondes d'Aldébaran" series is probably the only time si-fi was ever done right.

There's a disturbing amount of tits & swords stuff coming out of Franco-Belgian industry these days. What's going on?

French guy here. Sup Forums mentions foreign comics only when it tinkle their interests. In other words, when there's something remotely lewd inside.

In reality most french comics and cartoons mentionedin these threads are unknown by the majority here.
For example, not a single kid around me has ever heard of "Miraculous Ladybug" and even fewer adults.

I see, that's why Sup Forums never bothers to talk about Les Tuniques Bleues or Marsupilami. Still, a typical shit taste.

Exactly. I have yet to see a single Lucky Luke thread on Sup Forums.
Lucky Luke is the perfect example of comic that started as underdisney garbage then became good.

Sup Forums likes hardcore geeky sci-fi/fantasy shit. But not cool stuff like Enki Bilal or Mézières, it's the nerdy, weirdo garbage which makes you cringe if you see someone reading that on the outside.

What the fuck is Lanfeust and why does it have so many spin offs?

>these days
You mean since the 80s?

Nathan Never and it's spinoffs are Italian tho

Not complaining just noting

bedetheque.com/BD-Voyage-en-Satanie-Tome-1-tome-1-2-132900.html

Anyone interested in checking this out? It's from the same team behind Beautiful Darkness.

That top panel is pure sex.

Kerascoet's art always is.

IMHO it's really good until the 13th book or so, merely good until thr 18th, then it really starts meandering

I understood the one that I posted, I was asking about the others.
I would have changed my order to hot dogs.

Thanks. Any idea what the comic is?