Wheel of Time TV series canceled

The upcoming Wheel of Time TV series has apparently been canceled, sources report.

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonmount.com/index.php/News/book-news/wot-showrunner
twitter.com/dragonmount
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh no

Good, I only read the first book but it was terrible and adaptations of long fantasy novels always turn out even worse than the books so I can only imagine how completely awful this would have been.

Thank god. They were butchering the source material.

good

I read the first book as well. was ok.
Decided to get the rest of the series on audio book. Something to listen to walking the dogs.
Let me tell you this is the dumbest shit possible, it devolves into chapter upon chapter of women arguing, stories going nowhere Ran is a fuck head.
Brand is a faggot and aes sedai should all be euthanized

>Brand is a faggot
Leave Amber out of this

Sounds like the kind of series I can get into

I only read books with maps in the front and even I gave up on the series.
It just doesnt make sense after awhile, it makes the later dune novels seem very organised and plausible

>I only read books with maps in the front
chortled heartily

Damn, i always said this was the only adaption that could out-feminism GoT.
>you will never see Moraine twitch her cgi skirt

Hey, that means you don't read Discworld. Damn you.

The only non feminist thing is rand having multiple women after him at one time. But women love that shit anyway no matter what they say.

>we will never get asmr of Nynaeve tugging her braid while telling you to go eat dinner and blushing

Of course ive read discworld. There is a map of Ankh-morpork in the first three pages.
Also you ever look at those depictions of travel distance? There is no fucking way these people are traveling as far as they say.
Fucking if I read "They ate a cold breakfast of hard cheese and dried meat" one more time

Rand murdering a merchantess and her entire entourage when she said hello to him at a watering hole then using the one power to make their decapitated corpses bow down to him was a bit nonfeminist

>we'll never see graphic passion of the Christ-esque dom aes sedai on sub apprentice spanking scenes

It makes me sad that Jordan ended up being such a huge shit writer, I wasted so much of my depressed teenage years slogging through his books just so I had a distraction from being fat and lonely. Then he died and I didn't even get a decent end to the series.

Yes I know Sanderson finished it, fuck me if I'm touching that series again, I don't weigh 300lbs any more

Must have stopped reading by that point. I stopped at the part where he was only beginning to act crazy. Does he go really insane?

I can imagine it was frustrating waiting out the new ones. I read them all last year and I think it's worth going through right now if you never touched them and if you are into fantasy now that they are all out and have a satisfactory ending.

Got a source on that buddy? Can't find anything in 23 seconds of googling.

The story is dogshit so i'm not surprised

>out-feminism GoT

The central joke of the series is that women have all the social power but are still BTFO by male channelers and it comes as a total surprise to them.

He goes pretty nuts. Uses the one power to cpr the corpse of a dead girl, kills scores of his allies in a ree attack, then gets trapped in a box and beaten by aes sedai until he fucking flips out for reals

That's the point of feminism though, uppity women acting superior and being btfo. The nuance is sheer in the books, and it'll not only be lost in translation to a show, it'll be reinforced by HBO. Or whoever picks it up. That's why I said the only adaption, GoT books aren't necessarily feminist either.

Yes. From Rand's POV he's not insane and he rationalises it very well, but everyone else starts to become very afraid of him and at one point one of the Aes Sedai comments very simply that he has gone totally mad.

I hope they do make it because I would love to see half the internet hating on Egwene for being a shit cunt and the other half praising her as literal feminist jesus.

Oh that makes sense, also Eqwene to me just came across as sexually frustrated, did she ever get dicked out in the books.
It really seemed like that was her only problem and she would mellow if she got fucked by someone

>The nuance is sheer in the books, and it'll not only be lost in translation to a show

This concerns me because it's true. There's a lot of meta-context that seems to go right over the heads of most people who claim to hate the series and it'll never make it onto the screen successfully.

Even still I kind of want to see a studio try and make it just because.

She got dicked down eventually but if you didn't get that far then you have no idea how bad she actually gets.

Her character is basically a series of hypocrisy and irony and it drives me nuts.

It was going to bomb anyways.

Gawyn is worse.

>meta-context
I'm not trying to be mean but how can context be meta?
Don't you mean subtext you pseudo-intellectual man baby

You should listen to the Audio book, the guy reading makes him sound like the gayest person on the planet. Lisp and everything
pretty funny

giv aes sedai gf

Him and Galad getting themselves died for no good reason was great.

me on the left

Pretty sure it's still context.

The meta context of the story is that men went insane and destroyed the world, and the women who could fight them had to step up and take charge, and that's why women have so much power in society.

Made it up just to get people talking.

First for they should skip the first book and start at the second, adding in only the most important bits from the first book where necessary.

Galad was based in KoD prologue. At least he got a moment to shine. Gawyn was never good. Not once for one second ever

Thank god
They should adapt true fictionkino like The Book Of The New Sun instead of Wheel of Time and all those shitty redditbait books.

Yeah same here, I only read the first book. It was okay, but I had no motivation to read any of the others once I was done.

>Sony
good

I liked Galad all through out.

Gawyn's hatred of Rand was and always will be hilarious though. Rand did nothing wrong, and even after this was proven to Gawyn he continued to hate him because reasons. Can't really remember who was in the scene but there's one where someone points out that Gawyn is just salty because Rand grew into the man that Gawyn was supposed to be, meanwhile Gawyn forgot to mature, joined the losing team, spent half his character arc being dicked around, and wasn't even that great a swordsman.

Ok was it just me or was Gawyn supposed to be gay? I read him as Gay for Rand but maybe i'm confusing it for the well known slash fiction "The Wheel of timeshares on fire island"

Not one twitter or source given?

Nice troll

Here is the latest news from the official website regarding the show:

dragonmount.com/index.php/News/book-news/wot-showrunner
>Variety and IGN announced today that the long-awaited TV show adaptation of The Eye of The World has finally landed at a production studio with a named writer and executive producer.

twitter.com/dragonmount
nothing on the official twitter either

He was a faggot, but not gay.

I don't know why are so happy, you know it is going to be terrible.

>tfw I read up to like the 3rd last book or so when I was about 16
>first introduction into fantasy for me and I was fucking hooked
>was going start reading them again but cbf slogging through all those books again
>tfw the only names I can remember are just the important ones

Why do you quoted me you fucking anal nigger.

There's a really good wikia for the series, you could read the overviews of the first 3 books

accident

i'm not happy

to me its impossible to make their are so many inn's towns etc in the series that play some role creating the sets in any sort of authentic way is impossible and it will probably just be a cgi fest

the WoT universe is bigger than most fantasy novels

and they will make tuon black when she is supposed to be eurasian

Who was Gawyn again?

omggg emma watson egwene plzzzz

true protagonist of the series

>they will make tuon black when she is supposed to be eurasian
you are my favorite mememaster

Elayne's brother, prince of Andor, biggest pussy in all the lands.

>tfw tugs braid
>you're a wool head Rand Al'Thor
Every fucking time

Min best girl though.

in the wot wiki shes drawn as a nigga though.

Good, I had no faith in them portraying a proper yandere lanfear

Because she is. Mat describes her as being about as black as you can get desu. His exact words are something like black porcelain or black ivory.

I have a question about the goodness of your dogs. Post a pic so that we can see just how good they are.

She's eurasian and just because some fag on the wiki got a shitty deviantart image of her as black does not make it gospel

THERE ARE NO BLACK PEOPLE IN WHEEL OF TIME

*smooths skirt*

how does one butcher feces? I'm disappointed. This show was in line to be the absolute worst thing ever made. Terrible source material, actors picked on forced diversity. It should have been made just to show what a fucked idea it is.

yes their is, semirhage

Most anticipated scenes POWER RANKING

Rand atop Dragonmount > Rand at Maradon > Dumais Well = Mat getting an apology from the Elayne > Nynaeve standing up to Egwene > Rand v Egwene at Tar valon = Mat taking charge of the seafolk/aes sedai in Ebou Dar > Tam calling Cadsuane a bully

no you dumb cunt robert always said dark

as in swarvy like spanish looking and i mean from spain spanish looking

he never said SKIN AS DARK AS MIDNIGHT

cunt

GO CIRCLE JERK TO WOT WIKI BECAUSE YOUR TOO STUPID TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN DARK AND BLACK

calm down kid, Rigney approved art work showed semi as black, get over it

when moraine reveals her mission to lan

Thank fucking Christ. It would never work on a TV budget.

Tuon is blaq
Sea folk are blaq
Rand is blaq

Get used to it whiteboi

actually it wouldn't work as movies so the only option is tv

recommend a low fantasy medieval novel series with lots of warfare and politics

GO

Who would you cast as Rand?

lol this fucking reddit tier shit this was never a problem say 7-8 years ago everyone agreed a knew what the colour of all the people were and that was white to indian looking with no black

then along came millennials and feminazi's and shitted everything up literally

>did she ever get dicked out in the books.
It was too little, too late. Egwene was the single biggest cunt in the entire series and she didn't get laid until like book 13 of 14. Too fucking late.

>movie format is too cramped
>TV format doesn't have the budget
Clearly there's only one adaptation left: anime

go their

Game of thrones books if you haven't read them, the first 4 are great.

Read Brandon Sanderson's new series storm light archives also. It is more idealistic and 'high fantasy' but it is great and will top wheel of time and all other competitors if he maintains the high level he's be writing at.

thanks famalam

Gotta fit Nynaeve bragging about her honeymoon sex with Lan to Elayne in there somewhere.

Worst part is that it would work perfectly in that format

The Seanchan are described as being anywhere from white as snow to black as night. Tuon is a blackie.

jordan > sanderson

'No'

everyone knows the seanchan are asian or eurasian

he just said it in fantasy tones so people didn't say lol he called em all yellow

4th book has a 2020 release date.. FUCK ME i can't wait that long

It would actually. Nynaeve is already a perfect tsundere. Rand is the angst-ridden protagonist. Matt is the much more appealing side character who never gets enough focus. They could do it as a series of OVAs like Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Japan tried to buy the rights to adapt the first three books decades ago but Rigney said no because they didn't want to do them all just the first ones.

>but Rigney said no because they didn't want to do them all just the first ones.
What a retard. If he had done it they could have very well signed on for more seasons after the first few were done, instead he just throws the whole thing out. What did it even cost him? He threw away money.

He wanted low fantasy. You just gave him high fantasy.

Maybe the guy has actual tastes and expects a high quality format for WoT instead of anime

bookfags blown the fuck out

I'm okay with it I do comfy rereads before each release and I just want him to keep a high level of quality. It will be done before we die

Lol

NOW THEY WANNA SAY

CONGRATULATIONS

specialy at that time, sell the rights to my book to Martians? only to be viewed by Martians? Wont even see it and can still sell it stateside?

Low fantasy is deleterious to the soul. Fantasy should be imbued with spiritual elevation in the spirit of Tolkien. We should look to enrich us and imbue us with a desire for virtue and chivalry

He clearly didn't read the books then.

There's nothing wrong with low fantasy, it's just most people don't seem to understand what the term means, because they keep saying GRRM's books are low fantasy even though they're textbook high fantasy. I blame all the plebs who think high fantasy = LotR ripoff, and the minute they encounter anything significantly different they assume it can't possibly be high fantasy because "where's all the elves and dwarves and orcs?"