Would he have actually killed Bucky if Cap hadn't stopped him...

Would he have actually killed Bucky if Cap hadn't stopped him? Would he have gone as far as to kill Cap if the fight escalated further and he was given the chance?

He should have killed Bucky, I mean it's called Civil War, someone should have died and it should have been Bucky

Yes.

Uh yes?
He was full of rage and out for blood. His parent's killer was right in front of him throughout the whole movie, and Steve knew about it, but didn't say a word. Of course he was gonna kill somebody.

They don't want to make MCU A-listers into villainous assholes.

Yes, but he would probably regret it afterwards, like a drunken self-justified rage.

>They don't want to make MCU A-listers into villainous assholes.
But they already are. Aside from vision there's no one in that team that hasnt killed.

Killing isn't necessarily villainous. The people they've killed were dangerous bad guys. But Bucky was an innocent man and killing him isn't morally justifiable.

>Yes, but he would probably regret it afterwards, like a drunken self-justified rage.
Yep. The point is that Tony was going to do something he would hate himself for later, AGAIN. Tony has a habit of doing things he knows is wrong, but does it anyway. Yes, Steve was protecting his friend, but he was also protecting Tony from himself. Tony was better off to not have killed Bucky and he knows it.

MCU Tony is a big child. He's basically a giant kid, who happens to be rich and a genius

Killing Bucky negates the entire conflict.

Even putting him back on ice was a mistep.

>But Bucky was an innocent man

But he isnt.

Vision killed Ultron.

>Even putting him back on ice was a mistep.
You think so?
I think it's a logical step in the perpetual world building Marvel is doing.
A piece of what tore Avengers apart is in this isolated country with an isolated story of its own coming in two years.

It not only literally puts the conflict on ice, it also connects BP to Avengers without having to waste his movie on intertextuality.

Ultron wasnt alive.

>But Bucky was an innocent man and killing him isn't morally justifiable.

It was more morally justifiable than killing a random henchmen.

>he actually thinks vision killed the last ultron
>he actually thinks ultron is that stupid
>he didnt remember when ultron copied himself over the world wide web

Tony has killed for less before. Why wouldn't he kill the person who murdered his parents?

Tony Stark isn't known for level headed rational decision making

He probably wouldn't even give a shit about this pre-crime shit in Civil War 2 if it hadn't gotten his best friend killed

Kinda ironic, considering he's the guy who looks like a robot

Bucky was a murderer, so yeah. Its not he even tried to seek help in all the years he was going around offing people. Its like he knew he could go off at any moment and decided that he was perfectly fit to stay in society

Marvel really missed an opportunity in cap 1 where they hinted that bucky was jealous that cap became a super soldier, they should have played an aspect that even though he didnt want any part of the murder and evil shit he did, he still needed to match the strength of his friend whom he tried to protect all those years before.

Yeah.
It was clear he was gonna murder the fuck out of him. I honestly thought he was holding back only because he didn't want to hurt Cap. Steve wasn't there, Bucky would have been vaporized like his arm.

>I honestly thought he was holding back only because he didn't want to hurt Cap. Steve wasn't there, Bucky would have been vaporized like his arm

That is pretty much the only way to rationalize why he decided to fight hand to hand with minimal projectiles or explosives.....unfortunately, I highly doubt this was intentional, the Marvel Studios camp aren't this clever and many of their fights don't make much sense and are clearly just done a certain way to make characters seem of equal strength despite the power levels being wayyyyyyyyyyyyy unbalanced and play off of "teamwork" moves

Its very clear he was gonna kill bucky. He didnt bat an eyelash when his chest beam tore buckys arm off so its obvious that he was bloodlusted at this point. Its also obvious he was trying his hardest not to kill cap. He has several chances to kill him but goes straight for bucky. He just wants to kill buck but when it becomes clear that cap wont let up, only then does he start fighting both of them. he just wanted to KO cap though

Vision deleted him. Did you watch the movie?

I agree, the brainwashing should had been only possible due Bucky's jelousy, blah blah blah

The route they went with just makes bucky a poor poor innocent lad.

>The route they went with just makes bucky a poor poor innocent lad.
To some people, but as you can see from this thread there's clearly a split which was the intent. Not to lean heavily one way or the other.

He deleted several ultrons. Just because one of them talked to him, it doesnt mean it was the final one

Yes. He was blinded by rage. But then the guilt would have consummed him and pushed Tony into making even stupider descicions.

Seriously. Stark's fucking guilt complex is the source for half the shit that happens in the MCU.

>Bucky
Yup.
>Cap
Nope.

Clearly was just looking for a way to temporarily incapacitate Cap so he could kill Bucky.

Yes he is.

No it isn't. Henchmen have a choice in the matter. They make the decision to do what they do. Bucky didn't. He was a prisoner.

>The route they went with just makes bucky a poor poor innocent lad.
And that's bad because...?

Steve didn't know it was Bucky that killed the Starks, he just knew it was HYDRA.

But while they're fighting in Sokovia Vision burns him out of the Net. Ultron even says:

>You shut me out! You think I care?!

>Steve didn't know it was Bucky that killed the Starks, he just knew it was HYDRA.

Only in the movie they say the opposite

>DID YOU KNOW?
>No...I didn't know it was him...
>DID YOU KNOW
>....Yes

>I thought I was sparing you by not telling you, I now know I was sparing myself

The movie makes it clear that Cap knew everything, which is kind of confusing

He knew, he saw the names on the list.

"hey Tony, help me find Bucky, i think he may have been used as a brainwashed weapon to kill your parents".

>DID YOU KNOW?
>>No...I didn't know it was him...
>>DID YOU KNOW
>>....Yes
I don't thats how that went.

He connected the dots-- he knew Hydra was responsible, whoever did it was basically a ghost. Instituting a car crash without leaving a trace, it was exactly Bucky's MO based on the exposition Natasha gave him about the Winter Soldier earlier.

It's unfair to know he knew for sure either way though.

>he knew Hydra was responsible, whoever did it was basically a ghost. Instituting a car crash without leaving a trace, it was exactly Bucky's MO based on the exposition Natasha gave him about the Winter Soldier earlier.

I got the impression that Zola dropped a hint when Steve and Nat found him in the old Shield base as well.

Well yeah Zola is who told him Hydra murdered he Starks in the first place. 'Accidents will happen'. And I think he even flashed a picture of Bucky before the news article.