ITT: Canon lgbt Sup Forums characters

They're becoming more common these days. It's interesting to see the change from ten years ago.

>Kimber and Stormer from Jem and the Holograms comic.

Blaze from the same comic is also mtf.

Jughead is asexual according to the reboot.

God, I miss this artist on the comic already. The girls looked absurdly beautiful, all of them! And now it's just...bleh.

Harley & Ivy and everyone in the Bombshells universe

Lucy and Kristina from Godzilla: Rulers of Earth were intimates throughout the series and got married in the end.

Squirrel Girl's roommate, Nancy has been revealed to be in love with her.

In b4 obvious jokes that everyone has made before re the art and Nancy's strong cheek structure. Also basic Sup Forums racism.

Hey, that man has always been about eschewing relationships and acquiring burgers.

Any young characters book has at least two. often more.

People complaining about a lack of gays only want one character specifically to be gay so they can claim their ship is canon.

Is DC Bombshells aimed more at women then other DC comics? I thought it'd be fanservice bait but it feels very... Female aimed. Strong female characters, lots of lesbians and bi chicks, a bright color palette, etc

How does that make it female aimed? It's blatantly based on male cheesecake.

It feels like many comics I've seen aimed at 18 - 25 year old women. Maybe it's mutli-demographic

I thought it was just shipping bullshit bait, which I kinda like it tbhwyfamiliaquerida

It is written by a woman in that age group, but I don't know if she's really trying to only pander to those types. Anyone can enjoy cute girls.

I stopped reading because it was boring though.

>not realizing that women like Bombshells too
>so much that the book still does well and there are official cosplay designs for 3 of the characters

Even when the first round of Bombshells variants came out, the complaints were just there weren't any guys, and dc rectified that with the second round of variants.
This isn't 80% of titties showing with a crotch floss leotard, boobsocks, broken spines, or what have you. The cheesecake for the statues/variants/designs is much more tasteful, and the designs are cute, time appropriate, and easily cosplayed.

THICCCCCCC

I didn't say women didn't read it. It's the same way comics try to market most things to women. They say it's for women but it's deeply based in what men want so you can't say it's for one or the other. (Which is fair, I'm not complaining.)

Cosplaying is not a metric for anything. Cosplayers, men and women, want to stand out and get attention and retro chique was a thing before the comic.

>lumping T in with LGB
This will never not annoy me.

She's also lesbian, so there.

That haircut will never be not ugly and I will never stop hating it.

>L
Foxglove & Hazel from The Sandman
>G
Northstar and that twink he married so Marvel could get some free publicity
>B
I'm pretty sure Deadpool's canonically bi
>T
Lord Fanny from The Invisibles

Jughead is Hamburgersexual

It's the modern day mullet. It's gonna be the iconic hairstyle of the 2010s. Just ignore it, it'll fall out of fashion.

You've got maybe 5 years til it falls out of fashion again

If he isn't sexual attracted to burgers then it is stupid.
That has always been his character.

I'm pretty certain Bombshells is female aimed, although DC seems to be embracing that this time around

Ame-comi got canned because more women were reading it than men

Christ this artist can't draw for shit.

wait so is squirrel girl assuming her black roommate must be part monkey and able to talk to monkeys the way she's part squirrel or something?

cause that's kinda racist

>cosplaying isn't a metric for how much a person likes a thing
what

While I'm glad to see more rounded-out LGBT rep in comics, things still feel a bit lopsided towards the L, but I suppose that's because it's an easy sell to straight males

Are there any transmen in comics? The closest I can think of was Porcelain from the most recent Secret Six, and he/she was technically genderfluid

Sir Ystin in Demon Knights.

Aren't they nonbinary?

The actual writer finally cleared up that Ystin is a biological hermaphrodite who identifies male.

I don't think most posters can come to a consensus with Ystin.

Thats kinda right Jughead is just a bro and likes to eat.

>rounded-out LGBT

Was that a fat joke?

They said LGBT. Not wanting to fuck people isn't an orientation it's a preference.

She took Nancy to a zoo to see if she could talk to any animals because Nancy was feeling left out on the "Talking To Animals" party.

Of course, you're just being hilariously racist and making a joke that I'M SURE no one else made on this site.

You're my favorite person on this site right now.

Jughead has always been like this since... forever.

You are one triggered little faggot, aren't you?

Why are people afraid of gay guys? It's always the safe gays (lesbiens) in media.

>Asexual
Fuck off with this tumblr shit.

Why does 2% of the population need representation in 100% of all media?

Men are grossed out by them while women mostly don't care or keep any disgust or arousal to themselves
fangirls are the only ones who loudly like gay guys and even then they have to look white

>deadpool's canonically bi
Pan, technically. Not entirely out of character for him.

What makes pansexual different from bisexual? The only time I've seen it used is by people who think bisexuals hate transgenders.

user I have something to tell you about people at cons. They do things related to popular properties for attention. Not always, but quite a lot. They literally keep tabs of how many people take their photos so they know what to do next.

why does it matter either way?

if it helps, one of the main characters in the story I'm writing is a transman.

It's not as shock I guess, and writers fear that having maleness be empowering for a character will be seen as sexist, at least that's what I think.

Because it's forced and overtly political.

The way I've seen it described is that bisexuals are attracted to the same and other genders, and pansexuals are attracted to people despite gender. It's also been explained as bisexuals only liking males and females and pansexuals also including attraction to nonbinary genders.

I personally just feel they're practically the same thing and it's really just up to whoever which they feel they like more. Pansexual is basically bisexual but more pretentious.

Because it's confusing when people keep shouting MORE REPRESENTATION when at this point there's very few books without gay or lesbian cast members.

I've had some wonderful conversations with people about that, a lot of them trans; and it is literally just bi-erasure. As in "if you don't adapt to this new term, you will be ousted from the community and viewed as a bigot." Which is a pretty shitty thing. You would think a group so often co-opted by fucking teenagers would understand why another group wouldn't want to take up a fucking term so often co-opted by fucking teens.

Kind of disappointing, but that's just my experience with it. I was told I had internalized panphobia by my boyfriend. I don't think he ever saw me cringe that much.

because sex is disgusting and relationships are cringeworthy. the only thing that makes it attractive enough to override your disgust is it being compatible with your own mating interests, so you can project onto one of the characters.

straight couples are tolerable
gay couples have nothing going for them unless you're also gay
this is also why gays don't like it when there are no gay relationships

we should eliminate romance from media entirely for maximum equality and safe spaces

Comfirmed gay Transformers in IDW's main series:
Chromedome
Rewind
Brainstorm
Horri-Bull
Needlenose
Mach
Prowl
Knock Out
Breakdown
and a few of comic-created characters

Oh, and IDW Arcee is trans with a big ol' asterisk because it's not normal trans but "evil scientist fucked around with me for evil science" trans.

Dude looks like a lady.

I actually don't understand how you can logically think that's so crazy if bisexual people exist. If there's people whose orientation wants to fuck both genders, why wouldnt it be possible for someone to want to fuck neither

There's differencing opinions on the definition of bisexual:
1: I like men and women, but not people that fall outside of those categories.
2: I like people of my own gender and other gender(s), but not some and thus aren't pansexual.

Pansexual is simple: gender is not a factor what you're attracted to. Male, female, genders beyond that, a lack of gender, it's all good. It doesn't mean "will fuck anything" (that's omnisexual), because there's all the other factors such as age/health/smoking/etc that might put you off someone.

aren't Cyclones and Tailgate too?

So is Karolina still married to that alien

Except it literally is. Actual real literally.

>Pansexual
Since when?

No but they might as well be
since forever

THANKS SIMON!

>being so fat you get x-legs

Being a lesbo is the least of her problems.

what the fuck does that mean
what the fuck are you trying to convey
what the fuck are you talking about
what the fuck are x legs

i can't overstate how much you're talking gibberish and assuming people will understand you

Nancy's a dude right? Like, it's cool if she is, but...she's totally a dude. Or at least an ugly woman.

No, Xavin went with the surviving Majesdanians, Karolina's people, in Karolina's place. She's never been seen again and Karolina started dating Julie Power.

According to the artist, no. There supposedly is a trans person in the cast who hasn't been revealed yet or whatever, but it's not Nancy. She's just a really ugly girl.

Procreating is a biological imperative. Something that we are literally designed to do. So yeah, the absence of a sex drive is much more baffling than having a sex drive that makes you want to fuck guys and girls.

They should have kept his time-traveling girlfriend, January something or so

When fatties get so fat their knees cave in under them.

Ah, so a bunch of nonsense special snowflake gibberish. Good to know.

what's great is that your attitude is the most special snowflake out of anyone
i'm not seeing that here or in op's image at all.

I always thought they could have handled Xavin's split better.

not necessarily user, it's still on the gender scale, the same way 0 counts as a number
being asexual isn't the same thing as being celibate

Pretty obvious Moore didn't intend it to stick like it did. It was basically mirror to when Karolina left with Xavin.

They really fucked up a lot of stuff since cancelling it mid arc.

Oh yeah, shame he hasn't appeared since Demon Knights

>It's interesting to see the change from ten years ago.

Nothing has changed 10 years ago. In fact I remember reading an X-Men issue about a gay marriage around 2006.

Don't know where you are pulling this claim from, but the industry has stopped being afraid of queer orientations since the end of the 90s.

Asexuality is not an orientation, it's merely lack of libido.

It could even be Simpy not knowing what turns you on. If you don't actually have normal sexual response to relatively sexual situations (that is things that would arouse you personally) you have a chemistry problem.

95% of all people claiming to be asexual just don't want to have sex or are scared of their own sexuality.

>but it's deeply based in what men want
what stops women from also wanting what men want
why do you assume the contents on the book are male interest-specific

>I don't know what asexuality means
I'm really tired of this meme.

Even if you don't really believe in it, why do you care if other people go around identifying themselves as asexuals?

I'm not interested in Jem and the Holograms, but I love Ross Campbell's art. Is the book tolerable enough to read for the pretty pictures?

Inb4 >Ross

One of the main characters in The Loud House has two dads. One of the main characters in Clarence has two moms,

I'm triggered that they're not in the same league.

Fanny is a transvestite. Different things.

You don't "believe" in these concepts mate. Beliefs are for politicians and priests. You back it up with a proper argument.

I've never met a real life asexual that isn't either medically diagnosed or claims to be cause he's scared of his own sexuality. The emotional wreck they live in tends to give them out.

Sexual orientation as a concept is retarded either way. You fuck what gives you boners, the rest is meaningless.

Dracula from Screamland was based on Rock Hudson, and he was married to a lesbian.

> most interesting character from the ongoing mini
> ongoing focuses on the wolfman instead
> author denies us the story of Dracula dating his director and remaining in love for decades, finally admitting he fucked up by remaining on the closet when the director is on his death bed

Jughead is canonically Ace.

Sure, but biologically all sorts of aberrations happen compared to what might be most beneficial for reproduction. That's part of how we even get to evolve.
With the vast amount of humans living in the world these days it's really not that hard to believe that some are missing the genes strongly inclined towards having a lot of sex.

She's going for the pizza!!!

The proper argument is that enough people claim to be.
Your problem is that YOU don't believe because of some anecdotes which seem rather unscientific.

I'm curios about the story with your mate who's scared of his own sexuality. Tell me more?

...Robots can be gay?
...Robots can have sexuality?

>lgbt
thats fine, i mean, i dont get trans really but they allowed to do whatever. just dont get mad if i mislabel you. i dont mind fixing it, but you cant blame me for getting it wrong

what IS wrong is promoting fatness. nobody should be fat, it is never healthy unless you got some super rare fucking condition. you are unhealthy, dont tell kids to be like you. im not saying pick on fats either tho, just dont pretend like its a good thing to be fat.

Kya, Korra, and Asami are all canon lgbt. Kya is unconfirmed but the latter two are bisexual.

Was gay, but it was only hinted at in the actual comic because DC didn't allow any openly gay characters in it. The reboot versions of Shrinking Violet, Rond Vidar, Brainiac 5 and Spark were also probably gay/bi.

No. So must has changed in ten years, especially when it comes to bi and trans people. Even four years ago openly gay characters weren't allowed on American kids cartoons.