Thoughts on this film adaptation? Some pics came out today and it looked like they were doing a car chase...

Thoughts on this film adaptation? Some pics came out today and it looked like they were doing a car chase, but there was no car chase in the book, I hope they don't ruin it :(

Rick and Morty: book version

Here we go....

Why is it Rick & Morty?

Bump

This was a fun book. Definitely pandered hard to anyone born in the late 80s/early 90s with the shoe-horned pop culture references every paragraph, but despite that, I still found myself enjoying it. I have high hopes for the movie, but I do not see a way they can make it without it feeling extremely cringeworthy.

>“I wish someone had just told me the truth right up front, as soon as I was old enough to understand it. I wish someone had just said: “Here’s the deal, Wade. You’re something called a ‘human being.’ That’s a really smart kind of animal. Like every other animal on this planet, we’re descended from a single-celled organism that lived millions of years ago. This happened by a process called evolution, and you’ll learn more about it But trust me, that’s really how we all got here. There’s proof of it everywhere, buried in the rocks. That story you heard? About how we were all created by a super-powerful dude named God who lives up in the sky? Total bullshit. The whole God thing is actually an ancient fairy tale that people have been telling one another for thousands of years. We made it all up. Like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. “Oh, and by the way … there’s no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. Also bullshit. Sorry, kid Deal with it.”
― Ernest Cline, Ready Player One

BUUUUURRRP

While I agree it is very reddit, you have to admit that most kids that age actually have that kind of angst built up and would probably narrate their thoughts in such a way.

I don't understand? God's real

Sadly the movie is probably gonna suck.

The Blade Runner thing could turn out cool... I'm curious how much the studio is going to spend on clearances since the movie is literally nothing but 80s stuff

and he's a pickle!

Book was mostly bad but had a few good ideas, if the Movie cuts down on the bullshit and just tells the direct story fairly well it could be entertaining

If I could open the throats of every fan of this trash I would do it.

These people deserve to die.

Best book of the century. They better not ruin it.

>no fun allowed

*tips narwhal*

>book was bad

you have a terrible taste in literature and should feel bad.

It's pretty ballsy to be making a movie out of wikipedia articles about the 70s and 80s so I'm excited to see how it works out.

r/atheism at its finest

0/10

Its going to be kino

Hes right though

I'm excited as fuck. Its going to be kino.

>Lists all of those directors
>Gets to Japan
>Only mentions anime and manga. Does not include Ozu or Kurosawa
Jesus fuck.

The book is utter fucking shit fromv every standpoint and if you enjoyed it is because you're a simple fucking creature who cheers at dumps of references like a fucking performing seal who gets thrown a fish to clap.

It's the hipster version of fucking Twilight.

Reminder: the guy has a delorean with a ghostbusters logo on the side and a kitt light kit on the front. It is the fucking definition of tries too hard.

Reminder: the main character has to act out all of War Games to solve a 'puzzle'.

ah, jesus christ

If you think that's fun then I seriously believe you need to get tested for mental retardation. Pick up any fucking book even in the YA section and compare the prose. That shit is hideously bad writing.

>literature

C'mon, the book was 90% random 80's pop culture references that had nothing to do with the plot. It was horribly written.