Any hopes for that over-90 minutes long lego batman commercial?

any hopes for that over-90 minutes long lego batman commercial?

Hey, Lego Movie turned out pretty well considering what it was; I have some faith here.

There's literally nothing wrong with something being a commercial if it's still entertaining, I enjoyed the LEGO Movie a whole damn lot.

That being said, from the footage that got out already, I'm very not impressed, most jokes land flat and go on too long, and it lacks that energy that Lord and Miller brought.

I had no expectations until the latest trailer.

I'm sold now. If nothing else, it should be funny.

That every villain that appears in the movie gets released in physical form. It would be nice to expand Batman's rogues gallery

But that was based around a bunch of different brands and settings instead of just one.

I am kind of worried that it's essentially going to be Minions. As in, something that's nice as a side dish turned into the entire meal and ends up just really tasteless.

I'm pissed about Cyborg.
But i just want confirmation the kid is Dick and not some random kid.

probably the best batman movie in a while

>some random kid.

He is, the press release states it's Michael Cera voicing Dick Grayson/Robin

If someone likes Lego Batman but hates Teen Titans Go, are they a hypocrite?

It's not a girl in the trailer... right?

No. You can like burgers, but you don't need to like mcdonals

I would give faith to the creative team rather than what they have to work with. After all, who would've expected Jump Street or Cloudy to be any more than a success?

I like Five Guys burgers

>still trying to push the funny batman-meme

Did they learn nothing from Brave and the Bold?

also the makers clearly don't know anything about Batman since they went for the most flat normie jokes in those trailers

Yes but your analogy does not work because not liking mcdonalds is just shit taste.

It's Dick in the movie

The lego justice league films are good why would this be any difrent.

No. No. No.
You are wrong.

which is odd considering he literally looks like carrie

Yeah the character design is pretty much genderbent Carrie

I used to watch entire TV series which were essentially commercials for toys, why would I care that a movie wants to sell me something?

>being this wrong

Well you give two lego figures black hair and tell them apart.

I think they were going for Burt Ward, personally, and just convergent-developmentally wound up with Trap Carrie.

I have faith in LEGO.

They know some good tricks.

>not slaming a delicious mcdonalds triple cheeseburger down your throat at least once a week
What are you gay

I swear the Sup Forums meme just made this funnier than it should be.

>Trap Carrie

Fuck, I'm going to go watch the lego movie now.

Weren't there a bunch of jokes in TDKR about her being of indeterminate gender?

Or am I thinking of something else?

I wonder why they would use normie jokes in a trailer marketing the movie to normies

Well if they want MY money too they have to do better

Yeah, until Strikes Again when eveyone realized the jailbait she was

>delicious
How can one man have such shit taste?

Moms?

Mcdonalds is literally the worst fastfood burger.

>enter thread to talk about Lego Batman
>end up wanting an hamburger

Fuck you guys

speak for yourself i want some hot trap carrie

yeah the trailers were funny

It looks funny as fuck.

Are you foreign maybe? That's the only explanation I can understand for someone having this opinion. The foreign versions are sometimes higher quality.

I liked Arnett's ridiculous version of Batman in the Lego movie, but I don't know if I want another whole film of him. That persona is just too broad for me want to see 90 full minutes of it.

It's the Les Grossman thing all over again.

Does Batman lives in Bruce Wayne's basement?

No. Bruce Wayne lives in Batman's attic

No dumbass Burce Wayne lives in Batman's attic

I think that having Alfred and Robin be there will help make it less obnoxious and balance things out.

I don't think that particular Robin is going to make the situation any less obnoxious.

I don't think all of the villains will get toys, but I hope we get a video game so they can cram as many cameos as possible.

I mean, we're getting the Kabuki Twins, Orca, Dr. Phosphorus, Mime, the Mutant Leader, plus a shit-ton more.

>Did they learn nothing from Brave and the Bold?

That show was successful, so yes.

Im an ausfag

well, It looks like that Robin is there to learn, so Batman will have to tone down his "I'm so awesome" moments in order to do that.

And Alfred is basically a parent in this movie so.. yeah, i think there will be good chemistry/balance with those characters.

I was worried about Lord/Miller only being there as producers, but they replaced the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies guy's script with one by Community's very best writer, so yes. Lots of hopes.

And if that's not Sup Forums-related enough, he also wrote Rapture's Delight on American Dad. Point is I'm rather curious.

Its the only good upcoming DC movie.

can confirm i like mcdonald and have great taste

I knew it.

seems like the movie is about his character development though rather than just him acting like that the whole time

yes
they're lovers

That goes without saying, user.

Said this before, but I really like the relationship it's showing between Batman and Robin in this trailer.

It's not a totally functional partnership, and Batman's not too happy about it, but they're both making efforts to improve themselves and become better teammates. That's kinda sweet - I feel like too many 60s-inspired pieces just make them a flawless duo, and others have them bickering too much. This movie seems like it's partly about exploring the neuroses of Batman without being overly dark and brooding about it, which is pretty fresh.

Also, the Parental Lock on the Bat-Computer gives me hope that we'll see Bruce forced to do some actual detective work.

I'm not the biggest bat-guy around, but I feel like is a pretty apt description of Batman's alter ego.

>yfw Harley Quinn will never have a giant hammer again because she has a baseball bat in the SS movie

And a baseball bat in Arkham City and Knight.

I need this Batgirl figure in my life

if the movie bombs they are going to scrap that design super fast

Can I get a source on the Mutant Leader? I need that fig.