Rick and Morty seriously sports some of the best animation talent in cartoon history

Rick and Morty seriously sports some of the best animation talent in cartoon history.

youtube.com/watch?v=ornXZGEFcds

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NhheiPTdZCw
youtube.com/watch?v=WMSHH9gH5_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=r6g7wLfnv38&index=3&list=PLpKLUhyT2zbyp3bmLB14l9dcKrsm1NFnF
youtube.com/watch?v=7symlPXOR3g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All jokes aside, this shit is so fucking artistic and stylistic

Not really a pickle rick kind of guy myself but I enjoyed that.

This was the same animator, for at least parts of it, as in link related right? I thought the style was very distinct

youtube.com/watch?v=NhheiPTdZCw

Did they just make a T H I C C version of morty struggle against a rapey version of rick.

it's kino. people don't like it because "muh characters." probably the same plebs that don't get twin peaks

I don't get why Rick and Morty gets so much hate here. I mean have the people who hate it even watched it?

woah

>spilling LCD makes you start tripping
consider my almonds activated

cus reddit likes it and people of Sup Forums have to hate everything reddit or they lose street cred.

>LCD

Okay, you got me. My point still stands.

Are you really complaining about artistic license in a show about interdimensional space travel?

The joke still doesn't work.

video was a little blase. if they are going to do a "lul so randum XD" promo they could at least try and make it interesting.

Interesting to see some todd terje there

>video was a little blase

You're a little blase you pretentious faggot.

I thought I was going to hate it but I actually found it fascinating, except for the shit punch line at the end. Am I reddit now?

>basement cred

ftfy

Heres the short answer:

Season 1 was good
Season 2 was trash
The fans are fucking unbearable

But Twin Peaks is actually good. R&M is pretty sub par. This animation was pretty cool though.

that animation montage was fucking kino
that track was damn good too

twin peaks is better but r&m is very much above par

How much of a sperg are you?
Or are you going to
>MU LSD DON'T WORK LIKE THAT

Except if it's a shitty superhero movie by Zach Snyder. Then they have to unconditionally love it and analyse what makes it a genius work of art because the alternative is considering even for a moment that a marvel movie could be better.

That was fun
That is the reason why i enjoy R&M, not because mu characters or whatever, it's because it's plain fun

these
it's a cartoon, the flask doesn't have to contain LSD or anything real

I thought it was "blase" myself in the sense it was "LSD", I expected as much the moment it started, that it was a trip they were on from inhaling the spilled fumes, but just "LSD" felt weak as the punchline, predictable and basic. If they had said something like "pure liquid PCP" even if it was nonsense it would be inherently "funnier" to me. LSD is not edgy or shocking enough as a basic pipeline.

wow basically all of those "art" styles looked like shit.

I liked it

this
modern art a shit, only brainlets like it

i don't think saying that that was LSD was punchline, i guess you haven't watched the other promos, they are just plain animation of R&M inuniverse, it's not supposed to be laughable, it's supposed to be a funny trip

If you only see a screenshot of it it will be obviously utter shit, it's more about the animation and having a style
But also i agree that modern art and posmos are shit, but the point here is making something like a weird trip and i think it hits the spot

glad to see my boy marcm animating for big projects
youtube.com/watch?v=WMSHH9gH5_Y

Let's see if they got some snickers

I recognized Sick Animation art from the OP imagie

why hasnt he gotten his own show yet?

what about a butterfinger?

Anyone recognize the roar sound from 3:15? Sounds like it's from something.

R&M is Futurama for people who don't get subtlety.

Its great.

i say this even as an Sup Forumssshole.

He keeps getting bit parts for Cartoon Network, he also did a clip for Uncle Grandpa. I agree, he needs his own show. He's too good for scraps like this.

>sure our show is dog shit now, but watch it for the style!
no, fuck off you fat Jew.
no one but reddit likes your lame show of forced memes.

my only guess is that he wants to keep creating content like this youtube.com/watch?v=r6g7wLfnv38&index=3&list=PLpKLUhyT2zbyp3bmLB14l9dcKrsm1NFnF but would have to really hold himself back if he got his own gig

Run the Jewels is the shit

I like the animation in Rick and Morty more than the animation in Futurama. I think it beats the "clone" from every stylistic standpoint.

But this is exactly why he needs his own show.

DON'T YOU FUCKING DO IT

actually I think I'd kind of like to see a stylized version of her roast beefif you know what I mean

Ok

nothing would make me happier than an 11 minute spot at like 1:30 on adult swim with shit like this youtube.com/watch?v=7symlPXOR3g
but it's probably not gonna happen these days his shit is just too risque for 2017 which is really fuckin sad

top kek

they really struck gold with this show, in a commercial sense

There are small bits of pretty good animation, but mostly it just looks weird.

It's just a bunch of references to animation or art that already exists. There's not a fucking cell of originality here, at all. Real animators manage to actually create their own styles and not just reference other people's shit nonstop.

wtf are you talking about fag it was a bunch of different animators doing their take on R&M

That was actually really neat, if only because Thursday in the Danger Room is the best Run the Jewels song

So Futurama for people who like post-revival Futurama?

>rick and morty

welcome to ambient hip-hop

ITT adult swim intern shills

I've heard people talking about rick and morty IRL a few times and they were all extremely cringeworthy encounters.

Once I heard a neckbeard hurriedly talking about it to a girl and trying to make her laugh by reciting the
>fuck u god lmao!!!!!!!!
scene from S2E1 I think and it was the most pathetic display of courtship I've seen in my life. He was literally spitting all over in his anxiety and the girl could not be any more disgusted and disinterested.

I will never be able to like this show after hearing that.

>liking a show based on the fan base
>not sticking to his own opinion
wew

I like it as an artsy project thing. It's nice to look at and it takes some creative approach to scene transitions and the portal gun concept.

But.
BUT.

I thought it'd be a trailer for the series. This really those tell me anything, and I never really liked 'artsy' stuff that's artsy for the sake of artsy. I guess the series itself is almost out so they have time to dick around with stuff like this, but still.
Didn't really add anything to my day.

I think the idea that it takes him only an hour to make pure LSD is the funniest part of this.

There's probably not that many /fit/ people on this board, but the guy who makes the new years comics is doing animation for the show

Season 2 was fine.

The fans are trash.

Not really.
He did backgrounds and supplemental frames for Season 2. You make it sound like he's a lead animator or something.
It's a pity because he could've made some funny stuff if they gave him some leeway, but there's not much you can do when you're told "Draw a line of lockers"

I knew it was him

Cheers

gotta love when neckbeards rip on other neckbeards

I honestly can't fucking stand this show. Not for lack of trying. I've force myself to grimace through seven fucking episodes of this trash, every time goaded on by friends claiming "it gets so good next episode" over and over. It's edgy shit that spews its own grey matter all over itself in a pathetic attempt to pass off as intellectual.

Was just vague because I didn't know the details, do you know anything else he's worked on? Animation sounds like a depressing career, hopefully this gig can lead somewhere

I got the SickAnimation reference. Does he work for AS now?

This is satanic.

this has been done a zillion times, from Family Guy and the Simpsons to Svankmajer and Jankovics

I feel like you're going into this show with the wrong perspective or something.

The animation is nice but the autistic screeching ruins it.

Welcome to the current year, my friend.

god this is the biggest meme show going, I mean it wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt so blatantly taylor made for reddit

neat homage

Who is Taylor?

An unrealistic premise is not an excuse to just ignore literally all logic. God I hate you faggots HURR IT'S FICTION GUIZE STOP CRITICIZING POOR WRITING XXXDDD fucking kill yourself you're the reason self wankery garbage like Twin Pukes and Game of Groans is so popular FUCK!

Nice projection, kiddo.

the guy who made rick and morty can't you read

The only projection going on here is the cold hard truth now goooooooooo fuck yourself before I do it for you bitchboy.

>Morty Drops Acid

I see what you did there

Not an argument.

Neither is your scrawny ass but I'm going to destroy it anyway.

>internet tough guy

you only like it because you it "looks cool" just like how a magpie is attracted to shiny things. it has no value.

Yeah and you only don't like it because being a contrarian is part of your persona.

"contrarian" is your self defence mechanism because in your egotistic mind the only people who would disagree with you are people doing it deliberately to annoy you. you are so self centred that you simply cannot fathom that other people can reach different conclusions from you for reasons completely independent from your own.

Is it really the same? This isn't that distinctive, believe it or not.

is that why it looks like shit?

reminder if you watch this shit show you belong on redddit.

None of you faggots even know that one of our own works on the animation

what a stupid argument "no value" in what way ? And looking cool is value in in self retard.

>reddit and memey
>one of our own
pick one

Roiland only came to Sup Forums after he made Rick and Morty and did it purely to shill for it

Modern art ended in the 60s. Perhaps you mean contemporary art, which is the style artists works in today, is shit?
Anyway these are illustrators and not artists so it has nothing to do with contemporary art either way.

is it me or was one point the guy who did the todd terje album cover?

Only 20% is good

The rest is shit