How are "people" without cars treated in your country?

How are "people" without cars treated in your country?

Canada
Not good at all. I feel like a peasant and everything sucks about it.

Being stuffed in a slow bus with hobos and migrants every damn day is worse enough. Bullying them would be like beating up a cripple.

>flag
>same like OP description, not having a motorcycle or car will make you feel like a peasant

Mexico. You are less than dirt. No woman will ever even look at you.

Just...... should I just get a car fellas

Same.

Well if you'd rather live as a peasants your whole life then you don't need a car.

GO AND BUY A CAR NOW LEAFANON

You are right... I have money saved up right now I think I shall do it.

Not true

Only losers don't have a brand car and only the loser's losers don't have a car at all. May I suggest taking a loan from your local dealership so you can get a car befitting of a good go... guy such as yourself? Don't forget insurance. Being an adult means paying bills and the more bills you pay the better man you are.

I don't own a car
My job is 3 blocks away from home and whenever I have to move longer distances I walk, if it is too long I take a cab, it is way cheaper than owning a fucking car.

But in Canada we mostly don't have good public transportation and winter is a nightmare. I'm really starting to feel it's a necessity, not just a Jew meme or whatever.

Honestly, if you live in a place not relevant enough to have good public transportation, you're barely a person with or without a car.

This

I live an hour outside of Toronto. Sorry man I cant afford $4k a month rent to live in downtown Toronto.

First you say the jew meme about a car, now you say I'm subhuman for not wasting the median salary on rent a month.

I would love to live without one, but I really, really hate Toronto and I don't know why. It's just so ugly to me. Are there any areas in Toronto that aren't filled with bricks and concrete?

>downtown
That's where you're wrong kiddo. You don't have to exile into the suburbs to live in a city.

So where am I suppose to live according to you? My job is in etobicoke.

Must be nice to live in a small area full of people, noise, smog, pollution, garbage and niggers

Must be nice living on a farm

Depends where you live.
In a city? No one cares, easier to get around on bicycle or public transportation.
In the countryside people might frown upon you though, but that's understandable since you are stuck there otherwise.

How do you guys bike on ice and snow? Seems tough desu, is there special tires?

Normal studded tires are sold in every bike shop.
I ride all year round, use an old mtb with studded tires. Ice is no problem, snow can be a bitch though. Helps you build leg muscles kek.

It is tho
Clean air, clean soil, no klaxons, no traffic, sky full of stars, house is enormous
and you can go to the city whenever you want

com to europe

This. I ride to work every day as well.
I rather ride in snow and ice than rain.
And I never ride alone either, always meet tons of other riders.
Some days can get, uuh challenging though.

VERY doable in Canada

Honestly this seems like so much effort and discomfort that forking up the money for a car might just be easier.
'Can't I just get some beater for $2000-$4000 and have an okay time

Riding rules
>no smog
>free
>exercise
>keep body warm

Considering the fact that a car constantly sucks money from you, you get stuck in traffic jams, parking costs a fortune, insurance, repairs etc etc.
Nah.
Buying a reasonable bicycle for a few hundred dollars, investing in a pair of winter tires and some clothes makes life so much easier.
Also keeps you healthy, alert and saves you time.
I have a drivers license but would never get a car here in Stockholm.

Downsides:
>Impossible to transport anything, groceries for example are a pain in the ass
>Freezing in the winter, heat stroke in the summer
>Can realistically only bike anywhere 10-15km one way, max
>Biking to work is tough as you get sweaty af

Is it worth it? I'd say no.

>Impossible to transport anything, groceries for example are a pain in the ass
what is a basket?
what is appropriate clothing? you would be surprised how your body warms while riding on a snowy day
Practice will make you faster and stronger so eventually you'll be able to ride longer distances
what is perfume and hygiene

Is it worth it? I'd say Yes.

What kind of showers do you take that let you stay clean even after sweating yourself up?

i don't have a car because the insurances are fucking overpriced
i was paying for 120 hp car about 100 € per month and i have a drivers license for 8 years without an accident
plus the gas prices are fuckign ridicilous also and cars break down every fucking month atleast
It's fucking impossible to have a car for someone with a medium income

>Downsides:
>>Impossible to transport anything, groceries for example are a pain in the ass
Not a problem at all, I have a big cargo shelf on the front of my bike, holds up to 25 kg so a month worth of groceries is just fine. Bigger stuff I take on my cargo bike.
>>Freezing in the winter, heat stroke in the summer
Nah, just dress correctly. Maybe one or two days per year when it's too hot and it's never too cold.
>>Can realistically only bike anywhere 10-15km one way, max
Hahahaha. I have 28 km one way to work.
That's not even a challenge..
>>Biking to work is tough as you get sweaty af
Nope, takes a lot of hard pedaling for me to build up a sweat. If I really hammer it up hills and on the straights I will get sweaty, otherwise? Nope.

>even the local kindergarten uses bikes to get around

Well first of all I am not that sweaty, I cook with very little seasoning products so my sweat don't stink like shit and I always carry a little bottle of eau de toilette with me.

If you live outside the city having access to a car is pretty much a necessity.
I'm saying access since most families usually share one or two cars for 4 and more people and they're doing just fine.
In the city not really. I know many people who didn't even bother with a driver's license since as long as they're students they have access to student discounts on public transport (50%).
Depending on the location, on what kind of job you do and the commute you need to do every day in many cases "having a car" is equal with "having a massive hole in your wallet".

I have a driver's license. And my job requires me to have a driver's license for emergency vehicles. But I don't have cars because I don't like them.
I prefer muh bike instead.

>>Impossible to transport anything, groceries for example are a pain in the ass
If you know youre going to go shopping, take shopping panniers that fit shopping bags. You can easily take two weeks worth of groceries.

Or just learn how to dress properly and have proper bicycle gear

One year of commuting will be enough to extend the range of what you consider "comfortable" to 30km.

Take a shower at work.

>>Impossible to transport anything
Wut?

And from my experience the biggest barrier to bicycling everyday is the mental one rather than physical.
People born and raised in 1st world countries are massive sissies and the "convenience > freedom" mindset rules our lifes.
It takes a lot of mental strength to wake up, look through the window, see it's pouring from the sky and tell yourself to ride the bicycle rather than use a car. I've been there.
But to all the people that are not sure I can say this - it made me happier.

>How are "people" without cars treated in your country?
Every normal Chad should have a car in Russia, but many people use public transport and taxi even though having a car isn't that expensive here.

That's nothing mate, I've been in Groningen in Netherlands and saw a guy with a full-size front-loading washing machine strapped to his rear rack. Takes some fucking dedication I tell you.

I was one of those lazy drivers before.
Then I got my first bike and holy shit a new world opened up.
Even when it's absolutely terrible weather outside, I will always pick the bike now.
It's fun.

bitch please

>three wheels
Hey that's cheating!