/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Laura at the door edition

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tHc-GXuubwQ
hermancain.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why was rebecca del taco auto-tuned to shit when she can clearly sing beautifully naturally in mulholland drive?

It was probably Moby's fault.

I hope Cole confronts Diane next episode.

Who was in the wrong here?

No idea and it bothers me too. The weight gain wouldn't have hindered her voice. Fat people can typically sing well.

a m y s t e r y i s a f o o t

It makes sense though, Lynch is pretty obsessed with doubling.

I dunno but I'm glad her makeup game is tighter this time around. She looked gross as shit in Mulholland Drive

the chad stride

Either next ep or the episode after. He'll have to confront her about this.
My guess is she's not helping Bad Dale by choice. He has some kind of leverage on her. She's fucking terrified of him.
Remember she did her damnedest to keep them from bringing her along. If she was meant to spy on them if they came for her, that would explain her abrasive attitude.

Considering the way she dies while lip syncing I'm pretty sure that was on purpose.

Maybe. I think your idea makes the most sense but she might also be helping him out of loyalty to Cooper and doesn't know that Dopplecoop isn't Cooper.

That I can also see. It'll all depend on what happened the last time they met at her house.

Weird thing is there's no autotune in the original version, Lynch added it. Next time he does a Q&A, someone should ask him.
youtube.com/watch?v=tHc-GXuubwQ

what's up with all the fat bitches in S3? it's disgusting

how can you tell it was autotuned

with your ears

>he hasn't seen Wild At Heart

I listened. Pitch correction kicks in after the sound is made, not before. Listen for it and you'll hear it a lot.

The pitch of a human voice naturally wavers and glides between notes when moving, it doesn't sound like a monophonic synthesizer.

Was Dougie raped?

So the supernatural is beginning to spill out from the lodge into Twin Peaks right? Explains the noise in the Great Northern, Jerry's foot, Johnny going crazy and Richard being possessed by a lodge spirit?

He clearly loved it.

>kid awoken by his parents making sex sounds
>try to swat fly but hits person instead

This is some really dated comedy, Lynch, even for you.

lynch's worst

Yep pretty much. The theory is that the universe is breaking down because there are two Coopers occupying it at the same time.

maybe, but no contemporary director would've played the fly scene like lynch did

I'd rather watch it than The Elephant Man or Dune but yeah, it's on the lower end of his movie career. I still like it though, especially since it's got Laura Dern in it.

yeah but the good kind of rape

the chad SPRINKLE

who was in the wrong here?

Fire Walk with Me was incomprehensible to me.

Can anyone explain it?

Was Laura's soul split in two, one half which went to "heaven" and the half stuck in the Black Lodge?

how did you get that?
At the end Laura obviously passes on to the white lodge / the afterlife with the help of Cooper.
When she comes back 25 years later she has turned into a being of white light so it's obvious she wasn't stuck in the lodge

Laura never went to heaven, the ending is pretty ambiguous.

she has t r a n s c e n d e d

"The angels will return, and when you see the one that’s meant to help you, you will weep with joy."

>the news scenes in episode 7 that were day for night shots aren't day for night on the news broadcast in the newest episode

There is no good kind of rape. Rape is rape. Dougie's vocal enough to have stopped it if he wanted to. Hell he could have just judo chopped janey or squeezed her hand off if he wasn't feeling it.

thats the one scene that should have been left in

It was a nice moment between Doc and Laura but it was inessential, that (great) line is just needlessly literalizing the film's ending.

Should've definitely kept the fan scene though.

Because they were in the red room, which I always assumed what the Black Lodge.

It's the waiting room

Tbqh, how the fuck do you get fucking ANYTHING in Twin Peaks?

Really though. Was the hell was Cooper being stuck in security footage while David Bowie walks by? And why is this Judy supposed to be important?

So the angel thing was just Lynch being "cool."

Gotcha.

Legally sure, but I don't think he minded it which is really all that matters

When was this clear in the film or original show?
I ask this because I haven't seen the revival, but even then, that's just sloppy writing.

Leo, no!

the whole "controversy" about the Dougie sex scene is fucking stupid. People arguing consent fail to realize that we don't see the initiation of the sex, we just cut to it. We don't see if Janey-E asks "do you want to fuck" and Cooper replies "Fuck". We just cut to it. All these people that are arguing that she in fact raped him are stupid. If he replied like that, she of course assume consent. And sometimes couples don't even do that. Sometimes shit like that is unstated because you've known your partner long enough to KNOW when they want to. It's like a bunch of virgins who've never had sex are arguing about something they have no actual experience with. Well, that or their sex lives just fucking suck.

When, in the original show, The Man From Another Place says the words "This is the waiting room"

>Dougie, I want to have sex with you
>"have sex with you"

considering that Dougie just repeats whatever is told to him, I don't think it really qualifies as "consent"

it could have gone like this;

>Dougie, I want to fuck you
>"fuck you"
>Janey-E cries herself to sleep

and Dougie wouldn't know the difference between the two scenarios

Janey-E literally doesn't know who her husband is

Nothing you said in this post disproves rape.

>Cooper replies "Fuck"
>she of course assume consent
He just repeats what people say. It isn't consent. If someone "assumes" the other person is 18 (or 16 rather in most US states) that doesn't keep it from being statutory.

>couples
Yeah, Janey-E thinks Cooper is her husband but in fact he's not. Ignorance isn't a defense in committing a crime.

In any case I think you're overreacting to the posts on here since most people aren't serious and just think it's funny to argue about it and see the humor in what happened. Now the people on Twitter saying it are most likely serious and offended by it.

Why couldn't there be more Cera?

It was so cringe I could hardly watch, yet I loved it.

I hope literally anything happens after the filler we got this week.

Lynched I know, but Christ shit needs to start happening. 8 episodes left, needs to start getting in gear.

>Janey-E literally doesn't know who her husband is
She doesn't know that. She just thinks he's changed his ways. There's an obvious over exaggeration of denial going on here for comedic effect, plus the indication that he goes through some weird moments because of the car accident he was in.

>I don't think it really qualifies as "consent"
It would qualify consent TO HER because she, like most people, would obviously assume that, especially when they don't reject the initiation or the actual intercourse. Not many people have fucked the human equivalent of a parrot, so this isn't accidentally something you can judge 100% based on reality.

the black lodge is explained in the show as the transition place between the world and the white lodge (afterlife)
At the end Laura is seeing an angel and she cries with joy so it's implied she's about to transcend to the afterlife
In the revival she comes back as a being of light which is soon expelled from the lodge
I think it's pretty clear what happened

>accidentally
disregard "accidentally"

Nope, the red room is a purgatory, but the black lodge and the white lodge are separate places. One for good and one for bad.

pic related.

Hey everyone

Why is Herman Cain's website filled with Twin Peaks stuff hermancain.com/

Yes that Herman Cain

who the guy on top

>much needed r&r
Yeah, I'm sure she's real busy.

Dougie is too mentally challenged to consent.

>r&r time

She shouldn't go to work at the diner dressed like that. Where's her uniform. That is where you WORK, Shelly!

Because he's baller.

Haha what the fuck. Why does this look like a hack?

he looks great for his age, seriously impressed

>mentally challenged can't consent
Yes, some comes, and there isn't a real mental illness that turns you into the equivalent of a human parrot.

Hilarious.

This is fucking bizarre kek

CUTE!!

*can
f this, I'm going to sleep. Can't even type coherently

t.rapist

I said some, not all, you cunt
and people also forget the part where she took him to the doctor, and he said nothing significant about his mental state. For all we know, he could of said he was fine.

A cute maid appears!

>he could of said he was fine.
No, he couldn't, He's like a parrot

HERMAN CAIN IS /OURGUY/
BASED

that's not how it is explained in the show but thanks for sharing your fanfiction

>maid

nigga, thats butler

May the road rise up to meet your wheels

I'm already picturing reddit throwing a fit because the ''ebil conserbatibe likes Twin Peaks too?''

Reminder that if you liked episode 8 it means you have the brain capacity of a cat.
>omg I am so being mesmerized by these sparkling images and changing colors! such art!
this is you

>accuse the show of having sloppy writing when actually you just have a sloppy attention span

Agreed, plus it was just a ''tree Of Life'' rip-off

If he said anything about his mental state, it would have been on screen. Perhaps you and others should take this as realizing that it obvious that a lot of people are completely obvious to his condition, except a few select individuals, especially considering all the shit he's been through. And then perhaps you should also consider the possibility that these individuals don't see him as retarded as we do and that possibly something more is going on.

If you want a new Lynched picture jsut ask.

ahahahahahahahahaha

*oblivious

>you should also consider the possibility that these individuals don't see him as retarded

I'm gonna use this in court the next time I rape someone

>tfw you have to go back to Missoula, Montana

it was explained in the show, why are people still arguing this?
The original Dougie sometimes spent days in a daze and it was explained to the people who knew him as aftereffects from a car accident, which is why everyone just accepts it blindly now

Kek, that is a fair point, user.

You might be more retarded than Dougie is. I'm talking about in the context of the show, the possibility that they literally don't see him as being as retarded as we do because they can't. There is nothing normal about this Dougie situation, especially considering only a few individuals notice that he's not there, yet not even a doctor can tell he is a parrot.

>the possibility that they literally don't see him as being as retarded as we do because they can't

don't even reply to me again

>and it was explained to the people who knew him as aftereffects from a car accident, which is why everyone just accepts it blindly now
But this daze goes even beyond the believability of that explanation, even for fiction standards. And some people that don't even know him don't realize how severe his state is.

> the possibility that they literally don't see him as being as retarded as we do because they can't.

They can't because Lynch wrote it that way and he's weird.

>the rastafari flag or whatever pot heads call it
BLACKED

she literally has mulatto kids, sherlock

>republican
hes a rapist just like lynch