Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fI-CeNsOpkI
a.pomf.cat/hyhcgt.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=wvUQcnfwUUM
mega.nz/#!nIpQ3DrQ!Sa77BLKgScI4ru25Zx6r4jlqGKXgM4JxnV0LjTA_CXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i actually really like the older designs and it's nice to hear justin too

favourite line is still "maybe he's blinking when you're blinking"

I want to watch it but the site seems like it's getting bogged down at the moment, it's loading too slow for the video to work. Anyone got a d/l link?

youtube.com/watch?v=fI-CeNsOpkI

Here you go, user
a.pomf.cat/hyhcgt.mp4

>Gorillaz music out of nowhere
neat

>justin roiland as king of the gnomes
naisu

They spent money on licensed music for a pilot no one would ever see? Then didn't use that licensed music for the actual episode?

Since it wasn't a public release and no money is being made on it you wouldn't have to pay money for the song, under fair use

was that the nightmare on elm street theme at the end there?

those are popsicles, grunkle stan. freezy pops are things like fla-vor-ice. the tubes you freeze yourself.
also how are those not melted already

Popsicle also happens to be a copyrighted brand with an itchy legal trigger finger.

indeed. but calling them by the wrong name doesn't help
I feel like if they had left that in the show, they would have said "quiescently frozen dessert pops" with a totlaly straight face

There are a lot of lackluster things in this pilot they fixed in the show proper when they weren't flailing to get it made in the first place. Like the awful designs.

i cant think of another bit of dialogue/audio that wasnt spot fucking on.
but yeah those designs needed work.

>Gorillaz To Binge as the opening backing track

Neat.

Fits super well, doesn't it?
Almost seems to me like Alex showed Brad Breek that track to demonstrate what the show's music should sound like

>the mabelxalexander hamilton jokes were a callback to the pilot
neat

I can see why they decided to pick up the show. The animation/artstyle is shit, and the characters are different from how they were in the show proper (Stan's oldness is exaggerated here vs. his status as a conman, the twins are a bit more grounded), but the premise and writing are too good to ignore.

>filename

Fuck, I didn't even think of that until now.

Is that it? Where did this scene come from? Maybe Alex didn't want us to see it all.

AND WHERE'S THE DELETED SCENES!

Pilot wendy > or = Regular wendy?

#MagicGnomeHunt when

Like theres even a fucking choice

Pilot Wendy isn't a lumberjack, so I don't care.

correct

N O
O

All I could think of during the whole thing was Dipper Plays Video Games

Thanks for this.

i believe the correct term is Lumberjane

Underrated post.

Get out of here kid.

>Underrated post
that's what you say when a post got no replies summer faggot

what makes Wendy any different form the actual Lumberjanes?

>MXVW NLGGLQJ! BRX'YH EORFNHG WKH DG WKDW ZDV KHUH

Was this ever decoded?

That's just a message if you're using adblock....

I believe it is
>Just Kidding! You're blocking the ad that was here

is mabel's lisp more exaggerated here or is it just me

>he doesn't know the song

really, stop

I liked that

Is pilot Dipper even cuter and sexier than regular Dipper?

>To binge
Alex my nigga

Did I just hear a Meseeks?

yeah that's justin roiland

and i think it's the same animation team from Fish Hooks

so damn, roiland got more contacts and influence thatn i tought all of it thanks to his funny voice

>fucking To Binge
holy shit what?!

I knew Alex had good taste in music but holy shit.

it would be great if they had a bunch of episodes made on this style so could have a different series and call it gravity falls brotherhood

>gravity falls brotherhood
>not even a twin pun

wasted potential

i tought about making a pun but this is Sup Forums not Sup Forums so i wasn't sure if anyone would get it

Goddamnit, what's the song at 4:45, it's bugging me. I can almost remember, but it's at the edge of memory.

Give me all ya best Wendy Wallpaper

what song? is it from Lumberjanes?

Bumping for interest.

I was wondering the same thing. I was waiting for the pilot to end with a faux "Next Time on Gravity Falls" lead-in.

Not a fan of the hairwings him and Stan have going on.

Why am I getting this weird irrational vibe that it's like a whole new series that never came to be?

Because it's a pilot episode.

That and being part of Dan Harmon's crew, there's a surprisingly long lineage of creative folks in the entertainment industry that are associated with him somehow and give each other jobs. I was going to make a flowchart at one point. One example is that Jackie Buscarino, who co-hosted Justin's podcast, was a writer on Flapjack and a good friend of Thurop van Orman, and Alex also worked on that show.

>Thinking Gorillaz is good taste

>*record scratch*
>freeze frame

IIRC, any time Alex draws Dipper, he tends to use the hairwings. I guess that design's just been ingrained into his head.

>proto-mabel liking andrew jackson
patrician taste

I like how Dipper and Mabel actually look 12 in the pilot. I think I overall prefer Dipper's pilot design to his final one.

youtube.com/watch?v=wvUQcnfwUUM

Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime

Alonso Ramirez Ramos always did it, too.

I will pay for a Dipper and Mabel duet singing We'll Meet Again

>user being a faggot and disliking a great band.

Get fucked user, Gorillaz is god-tier.

Cookies and Scream Master Race

Booberry can fuck off.

Welcome to Sup Forums where absolutely no one is allowed to like anything ever.

>want to go and hold hands?
MABEL YOU SLUT

Glad I'm not the only one.

fug, now I want that.

What about one with the entire pines family?

it's so werid JK simmons was only in 7 episodes of gravity falls, season 3 should've been the finale.

EXTREME GRAVITY FALLS when?

Yeah, that was probably my favorite part. Shows how much of a bro he's always been, lending his voice to friends internal pilots n shit.

The problem is that it isn't a fully realized style though. Wendy looks like she stepped out of a 1950s Christmas cartoon.

that's probably just a mockup / concept art user

As much as I enjoy seeing how the show changed since it's pilot, the pilot was not a particularly great style I want to see a whole show in. So much of that is just flat out placeholder.

AHHHHHHHHHH WE NEVER GOT THE UFO SHIT

I WANTED TO SEE THE UFO SHIT MORE THAN ANYTHING

10 dollar bill is Alexander Hamilton, dumbass

i will FIGHT YOU dude!

Stick Gideon in a wheelchair and you're pretty much there

Was the gnome king voiced by Roiland or was it Hirsch making an impression of him?

Certainly Roiland.

>awkward sibling hug
Still cute.

>that hand
Eugh. Also, why is it considered okay to make fun of the incontinent? I can't think of a disability that's more humiliating than incontinence, but for some reason we're more tolerant of it than we are, say, making fun of the crippled.

I've asked this before but there's so many backlashes to it, like "don't be such a stickler" or whatever the fuck slang is going on now. That said I'm not an old man but it seems like maybe for the most part they think it's funny. It'd be like a cripple trying to make light out of his/her problem, so... i dunno. It's different if a kid says it I guess.

What's wrong with making fun of the crippled?

>that episode where mabel calls a woman with forearm crutches "spiderlady"

I like Pilot Dipper's design better

Sadly disappointed the UFO didn't show up.

Yeah, it will probably end like the Billy & Mandy pilot. what we thought was in the pilot is actually concept art/from a demo reel.

waited so long passed all those god damn cringe student films just to see a few minute black and white cartoon that was nothing like expected

that night was shit

So when is Journal 3 and the Time Pirates book getting scanned?

They're not the greatest but I took photos as I don't have a scanner
mega.nz/#!nIpQ3DrQ!Sa77BLKgScI4ru25Zx6r4jlqGKXgM4JxnV0LjTA_CXQ

Thanks man, I live overseas and It's a hassle trying to import stuff.

This is why I like this cult.

I still want to see Dipper in his underpants.

>*record scratch*
>*freeze frame*
>Yep, that's me on the right. You're probably wondering how I got into this crazy situation? Well, it all started when my parents decided to send me to a town called "Gravity Falls" this summer...

lel Alex is a textbook hack

The music just stopping was shit.

I'm glad he decided to go with less cartoony sound effects too.

This seems most likely

It was a fully animated scene, had a bunch of different parts too, as in it had cuts to other parts of the scene.

>I've asked this before but there's so many backlashes to it, like "don't be such a stickler" or whatever the fuck slang is going on now.
It'd be one thing if we lived in a culture where anyone was a fair target. We're living in the SJW culture, where you're not supposed to "punch down." If we're going to offer to protect people's feelings, and insist that we're not going to make fun of people who are already being shat on, why not.. do that?

agreed
people think the whole "we live in a SJW world now!" thing is people spazzing or overreacting, but it's legit changed how society views things, not just some, but all

shit's not the same anymore as it was say, maybe even 10 years ago, if not a bit longer

Alex has great ideas and great humor, but his writing has always been shit. his poor writing was a big part of the show's collapse at the end.

Anyone else notice all the sound effects were way too loud? That made it more obnoxious.