If he didn't OD would he have still won that Oscar?

If he didn't OD would he have still won that Oscar?

No

He could still be making kinos today

Nope

He didn't OD, he was killed

No

No. But he should've

Idris Elba

How was he so bland and boring in every other role yet was genuinely great as the joker, sure its an edgy meme role where everyone can chew the scenery but Leto proved the role itself wasn't enough and even a quality actor like Nicholson was less good in the role.

No fucking way

Imagine if they still gave it to Robert Down Here Jr. anyways for being in blackface

Because everyone thought he was just a typical Hollywood prettyboy and he was typecasted.

>batman
>oscar
no
he was pretty good in some of his early aus stuff like candy.

Yes

I think so, yeah. Even if he didn't die, that performance would still be considered one of the greatest and most memorable of any antagonist.

BBM was good

whats the name of his hairstyle?

thats "the last stand" designed by B.Alding in the 1950s

kek m8

Who else should have?

fpbp

but why

Brolin for being a gayboi

he fucking killed it with the joker

my mind can't even properly imagine heath ledger with no make up doing those voices and mannerisms and stuff

any videos of him without make up doing lines and stuff?

He was THE perfomance from 2008, so yeah. He stole the whole year.

Jews or something

yes, he was very good

That's a power of Joker and DChad. He still would've.

See also : Suicide Squad.

>fpbp
>4th post

your reddit is showing

What is the first letter of the word "fourth"?

hahahaha burn faggot

>im so BTFO by that guy I only got non sequiturs lol

wew

I'm a different guy, but you have to admit it was pretty funny because technically "fpbp" could be any number post that starts with an "f".

Is that really Heath Ledger? He was only 28 and look at that hair, jesus christ

I can't either. The Joker from TDK just looks like a one time off actor who's never been in anything else

he didnt OD tards, you guys must be out of the loop but he was killed to protect Hitllery.

No, bad not because he didn't deserve it, but because of Oscar politics.

probably not but that's because pretentious oscar people never even consider capeshit.
the joker was a golden performance

Nah. The Joker was great, but it wouldn't have happened.

The postmortem oscar was, IMO, really more awarded for "all the awesome stuff you hypothetically would have done after this, had you lived". Not really for the capeshit.

It would have been probably Josh Brolin for Milk.

I'm just kidding. He would have own the Oscar if he was still alive. The Joker was great.

As meme tier as his Joker became it was still a defining role. Nobody else could have pulled it off, and if TDK wasn't a cape film the performance would be held in higher regard.
But if he were alive he probably would've gotten an Oscar for some future kino instead of TDK.

Its still a shame it didnt win best picture, Heath would have gotten the best actor one too if it wasnt for Philipp Seymour-Hoffman

This, honestly. It's an impressive performance, and he disappears so completely into the character that had I not known, I'd have never even guessed who he was. But the Academy takes a dim view of cape characters in general. They like to limit their accolades for cape films to the more technical aspects of filmmaking.

Like makeup and costume design, for example.

Came here to laugh at the retard who doesn't know "fourth" begins with an "f."

I wonder if Logan will be nominated for anything since it took itself seriously.

Yeah, but you could say the same about Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook. To this day I can't see Dustin Hoffman when I watch Hook.

Oh, I can. I can even hear him, but it's still a great performance. Hoffman just had the bad luck to have delivered that stellar performance in a movie that the critics just really, really didn't like.

>OD
It was a murder. He was gonna reveal to us things about (them)

Really? Man, I don't see how. If I didn't know any better I'd probably never figure out that was Dustin Hoffman. It's actually more impressive in that case because he isn't wearing a lot of prosthetics or crazy makeup like Ledger does in TDK.

I've watched a lot of his performances and that honker of his gives his voice a rather unique timbre. I don't imagine it's easy for him to disguise it, especially when he's also doing some near-Chaney-tier facial contortions. Hoffman' San amazing actor. He's still impressive even when he's just phoning it in and borrowing from earlier performances.

I'll never forget the first time I watched Outbreak and realized that he was, cans iously or not, channeling the spirit of Tootsie during one of his arguments with Sutherland.