Explain to me as to how fantasy shit like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones isnt as childish as capeshit

explain to me as to how fantasy shit like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones isnt as childish as capeshit

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/cjjdiknzeieol,6jmo2c5q9vbll,jdmyib22aeqpm/shared
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why didn't Frodo just eat some orange slices before trying to climb Mount Doom?

But it is. If you like GoT or lotr you are a manchild and should KYS yourself.

it is.

Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, DC

All extremely juvenile products with varying degrees of quality

But to pretend that any of them was important culturally or significant to film as a medium is the height of naivete

Except Star Wars because it brought us into the mindless blockbuster-obsessed producer-dictated directorless monstrosities of today

>conveniently left out got
got is the king of them all, and there's no exception for the books

I'm talking about movies
I don't care about television

still wrong

>he doesn't know just the kind of destructive impact Star Wars had on movies

hi hipster

> explain to me how the heros epos isn't childish as fuck

> guy sucks
> has to develop
> gets help
> develops
> wins everything including the world and a hottie
> repeat with different context

Are we doing the supervillain shuffle?

before star wars
>"Hey director, as your producer I wanna say that although ultimately I wanna make some money off your work Imma give you mostly free reign to pursue your vision. We never know what might be the next watershed movie, so it's good to let guys with actual style and talent get their shot. But if you go overbudget and lose us money I'll make sure you never work here again!"

after star wars
>"Okay director, as your producer I'm going to give you the exact expectation for how this blockbuster is gonna be. You're gonna follow every rule I set. In fact if you deviate from what we expect we'll fire you from the project. Plenty of television-show directors out there that we can pull on to do your job! And don't forget, this movie's a prequel/sequel/rehash/reboot/remake! Don't you change a thing! We need all those nostalgia dollars! And also, none of that gross sex or scary violence!"

It all depends on what created the series. Was it a creative spark, or something conceived by money grubbing executives? Is it a labor of love, or a product to make a buck they are selling?

Im Ra's Al Ghul and I'm here to say

i only have a couple of lines so okay

>on a television and film board

>watching the televised jew

>But if you go overbudget and lose us money I'll make sure you never work here again!"
Cimino did nothing wrong! Heaven's Gate was boring but it wasn't a film that should ruin a guy's reputation

The source material of LotR are books that everyone pretends to have read when few people have. Capeshit is based on comics that are more fun, easier to read and rather than taking about 20 pages to describe what some hills look like just show you a picture of the boring hills in a single panel and get on with the story.

(pic unrelated)

I like the director's cut from Criterion. Unironically my favorite-looking movie

>Sup Forums hates fantasy now because it's popular

Goddamn this board is full of reddit faggots.

>tv insists the trash that is Twin Peaks is good, because it's bad

The level of contrarian here is appalling.

>t. turbopleb

You have to go back.

Tolkien is a legitimately great writer. Say what you want about the movies, but at least they were made with some passion. That much cannot be said for 90% of capeshit.

but what was his tax policy?

if you think Game of Thrones is better than Twin Peaks you are literally retarded

It is.

Game of Reddit isn't even in the same league as LOTR.

If you don't like LOTR, you're either a woman or metrosexual.

when did I say it wasn't

>i'm harvey dent and my face is bent

>This magical fairytale isn't even as magical as my favorite magical fairytale
fruitcake

>doug dubbed his own joker voice

If someone hasnt read the LOTR books, i highly recommend the audiobooks made by Peter Dragash, theyre rly high quality for an fanmade production.

you can download or stream them from here

mediafire.com/folder/cjjdiknzeieol,6jmo2c5q9vbll,jdmyib22aeqpm/shared

>If someone hasnt read the LOTR books
>listen to an audiobook
yea, or gtfo for being too dumb to read, faggot

what audiobook hurt you user, is there something you wanna tell

There is no genre that is inherently devoid of deeper meaning. It's only when it becomes totally escapist that it becomes empty.

It's the escapism that is rampant in all genres of film that is truly childish, and it's symptomatic of an increasingly childish population. Films featuring pure escapism like The Wizard of Oz used to be the rare exceptions; now they are the norm, regardless of what genre you pick, be it action, fantasy, science fiction, horror, comedy, even dramas and thrillers are not immune.

That's why films like "Manchester by the Sea" stick out like sore thumbs in the current market. Place it in the same era as such greats as "A Streetcar named Desire," "On the Waterfront," and "The Hustler" and suddenly it seems right at home.

THAT NO INFLECTION IN YOUR VOICE IS A-OK