I'm late to the party but what did you guys think of the first episode of the new season?

I'm late to the party but what did you guys think of the first episode of the new season?

I thought it was pretty meh.

Pros:

>Brotherhood without Banners are kinda neat
>The citadel is interesting
>Euron's cockiness

Cons:

>everything else
>uppity women
>Danys so fucking wooden and boring as usual

>Euron's cockiness
>pro
You have to go back

>this
it just made me cringe

the only scene i liked was the mashup of sam slinging shit and stew because you could just tell it had come straight from GRRMs sick stool centred mind

I hope they delve deeper into cerseis tax policies

who is funding the roads in Westeros?

pros:
>arya did something relevant for the first time in about five seasons, even if it was a bit hamfisted
>I thought sansa was decent for once, jon is still gormless
>the montage of sam with the shit was well done
>the hound is still based
>dany has finally reached westeros (fucking long time coming) so hopefully the plot will move forward now

cons:
>jaime was one of the few good characters in recent seasons but his development has stalled
>dany is still a horrendous actress
>everything with euron and the iron fleet just felt off and implausible

Pros:
>return of Jorah
>all the people next to Sam
>the Brotherhood Without Banners
>jon is less annoying now
>CIA
>For all that matters, Daenerys reaching Westeros. At last
>the Lannister boys seem cool, and they are a welcome addition to see the perspective of the small folk. Hope they try to rape Arya
>Walder Frey's actor's return

Neutral:
>Arya
>Lyanna
>Jamie
>Cersei

Cons:
>that bullshit with dragonglass under dragonstone
>Sansa was, for the first time, truly annoying for me
>Euron

Sansa shouldn't be mad about not having a say in matters, she proved that she is shit by not telling Jon about the Vale army.
I wish Jon would've ripped her asshole open over the troops they lost because the vale came late, when they could've all attacked with a larger plan, and gotten less fucked.
Getting the Knights of the vale was one of the first good things she's done, but even when she does good, she does it poorly.

jaimes character development has stalled but i like how conflicted you could see he was, its unfortunate the script is shit but the actor I think does a good job despite that conveying how jaime should be feeling right now, even if again the script is too shitty to have him outright express his disdain for cersei while still feeling like shes the only person he has left and some kind of life long loyalty to his twin. You could just tell he knows shes crazy and he is furious about their children and blowing up the sept but doesn't know how to act on those feelings against cersei who he's suppose to love til the end no matter what.

fair point, I agree the actor playing him is very good

Pro:
>Things are starting to go somewhere
>No Essos for the first time yet
>Arya is doing something
>The Dany has landed
>Sam is starting to learn things about the Others
>Jaime is finally growing impatient with Cersei
>Sansa has grown some confidence

Cons:
>Euron isn't very good.
>Fucking cameo
>Dany is looking way OP with dragons and now a fleet. Hope someone pushes her down a notch soon.
>No garrison at Dragonstone, despite Jaime naming it the most likely place for Dany to disembark?
>When will the NW hold their election? Is fucking Edd Tollard the Lord Commander now?
>Littlefinger is just a prop at this point
>Sansa is a tactless and arrogant advisor, despite her years of development to the contrary.
>Lyanna Mormont is way too high on her horse and would not be so tough in the face of actual opposition

Could have been better, but it's moving in the right direction I think.

Pros:
>Sam scenes

Cons:
>everything else
>no tits
>almost every interesting character is already dead

NO GUYS
I HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHO THAT IS
LOL

Given sansas comment about learning from cersie I can understand why she's making some weird choices and thinking she knows better than others. Her behavior bugs me but I get it.
Ed was fine imo, but arya shouldn't stick with these guys long. A good scene that humanized common soldiers and gave arya a little perspective.
Euron and Jaime made me smile but the new iron fleet being built already seemed off.
To anyone saying Dany was wooden, she literally said 3 words this episode and I was more focused on dragonstone than Dany. Anyone saying the dragonglass mountain is dumb hasn't been paying attention. It's an established detail about dragonstone.
The hound and the brotherhood might have been my favorite scene but I found the fire visions a bit rushed.
Finally Sam and maester merewyn had fairly interesting dialog that I'd like to see more of. The citadel is going to be big

If they waited for the Vale it would just turn into an assault or siege of the castle and they would maybe lose more men. They were lucky the enemy came out from behind their walls.

That montage with sam was shit.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THAT GUY IS?!
LOL

The montage with Sam was the worst most generic scene that happened in GoT so far.
It really disappointed me seeing such a scene in a series that has become well known for not being like anything else on tv.

Also the ending.
>Shall we begin?
Really? Couldn't get more cliche than this.
I was pretty disappointed by this episode.

is there still nudity in this? that was the only reason people used to watch this show, tits and dragons

I think that scene with the little girl (Lyanna something) is extremely bad and not because the agenda pushing or whatever (whether you think that's what it was or not) but more because the logic is insanely flawed and the writing is terrible also:

>Jon asks for females to also fight
>Old man objects to his granddaughter fighting
>Girl gets pissy on him and that if she wants to fight she will fight whether he likes it or not
>Somehow the old man is now satisfied with this and forgets completly about his Granddaughter

A more rational response would have been: "if you want to fight then go ahead I don't care but my granddaughter is not fighting" and I can only assume that many other men in the room would have said the same thing.

Also, the idea that "women fighting in war" was an unthinkable concept in Westeros and it held its ground for thousands of years and many winters and just gets abolished in a matter of seconds because this winter is for some reason different then the others which is not the case as far as we know. I find it ridiculous.

I liked the sequences with the hound even though there was nothing interesting in them, a couple other scenes were terrible too but not too bad(Daenarys scene, Sam shit montage)

Close to nothing compared to earlier seasons

>Bran shows up, gets interesting
>Jon shows up, gets interesting
>Tyrion shows up, gets interesting
>Clegane shows up, gets interesting
>Jaime shows up, gets interesting
>fucking Sam shows up and gets interesting
>focus on women instead