Would you watch a Spider-Man movie with Peter Capaldi as Jonah Jameson?

Would you watch a Spider-Man movie with Peter Capaldi as Jonah Jameson? youtube.com/watch?v=xUky4_A7Zw4

I'd watch just about anything with Peter Capaldi in it. I'm stoked he's still going to be The Doctor even after Moffatt leaves.

It a shame the best doctor had some of the worst material.

As much as I fucking adore Capaldi, I'd prefer Crews for JJJ

Nothing gonna beat Simmons though. Was too perfect

Terry Crews should have been Cage. I honestly think Calpaldi could possibly surpass Simmons if he was given the role. Hell, Malcolm Tucker is practically Jonah Jameson.

>Best Doctor.

That's not McCoy.

Crews would have been the best cage. A huge fun guy who is all smiles and helping out until you piss him off at which point he just stonewalls you.

I wish we could even get a minute or two of him going undercover as a cage type in 99.

>Terry Crews should have been Cage
Okay yeah that's true, but I don't know if Cage is ever gonna make it to the movies.

>I'm stoked he's still going to be The Doctor even after Moffatt leaves.
Not to dampen those spirits, but the 11th said the same thing before suddenly bailing for that shitty Lost River movie.

He should play old spider-dad to Mayday.

>WOS THA? YE GOTTAE PACTURE O CAPTEN AMERICA? OOH THAS GRAND, JUS FAN FOOKING TASTIC. YE KNOW WHA I WOULDEA PREFARRED THOOGH? HOW ABOOT A PICTURE O KATE BECKINSALE SHITTIN ON FLIGH SAFETY PAMPHLET FROM THE SEVENTIES? OR HOW ABOOT A GIRAFFE ORGY INNEA FOOKIN MINEFIELD? OR A PICTURE O HER MAJESTY GEHTIN A GOOD FISTIN' FROM IN IRATE FOOKIN TAXIDERMIST? OR BETTER FOOKIN YEH HOWAEBOUT A FOOKIN PICTURE O FOOKIN -SPIDER-MAN- YOU INCOMPETENT PUDDLE O SPUNK AN FLOP SWEAT

Just like this. Exactly like this.

Bootiful

>NOW WHERE THE FUCK WAS YA THIS TIME? CATCHING FOOKIN DANDELIONS IN A FIELD? PHOTO GRAPHING SOME WEDDING? OH THAT'S NICE, THAT'S REAL NICE. MEANWHILE DOC OCK HAS BEEN RAMPAGIN' ABOOT FUCKING NEW YORK OVER WORSE THAN THE TIME I DID WITH YOUR AUNT. GET OUT OF MY FACE YOU WORTHLESS SACK OF SHIT YOUR FIRED.

>Oh, Mr. Jameson. Peter's our only photographer left, you fired everyone this morning.

>OH FUCK ME, ALRIGHT GET BACK IN HERE YOU WALKING ADVERTISEMENT FOR CONDOMS.

I now wants a movie about Simmons and Capaldi yelling at each other for two hours.

I want a movie about jjj Simmons and Gordon Simmons yelling at each other for 2 hours. And Peter Capaldi can join the fun as well.

Series 9 wasn't that bad, f-am

Yes.

>Thinking any of the classic series Doctors can compete with nuWho Docs

History repeats itself. It's the curse of the Pie-Lords.

Cage is on Jessica Jones. The TV MCU stuff doesn't cross over into the movies, usually, but their casting is consistent, so that seat is taken.

Matt leaving was his own decision, he thought he'd have a great Hollywood career but so far all of his movies have been bad. Capaldi on the other hand is a huge DW fan, I don't think he would mind staying a few years more.

Yeah that's why I assumed he wouldn't make it to the movies.

But who knows, maybe there'll be a cameo at some point

>>>/tumblr/

Whenever I read interviews with him he always flip-flops between staying on for a while and leaving. Also the DW's fans passionately hate capaldi I really don't see BBC letting him stay long.

The only reason I'm considering watching the next season is because of Capaldi. His seasons so far have been terrible.

>the DW's fans passionately hate capaldi

I don't and I've been a hardcore fan for over a decade now. He reminds me much of 6. Granted, people hated 6. God the casuals in this fandom are a pain.

I always thought he was more like 7th but reading the 6th doctor's wiki I can see that.

Maybe he means the fans who are only keen on the newer series and not the older ones.

Hey its That's kind of what I meant. It always seems like the "fans" want david tennant back for whatever reason. If they watched the old series they wouldn't love david tennant as much as they do. Fans are split on matt smith.

I'm sure he does. I wouldn't consider them fans though. I mean, not to sound snobby, but calling yourself a fan and strongly denying watching anything earlier than 2005 because "SFX suck and it's very, very mysoginist" (actual quote) does not compute in my book.
It would be alright if they weren't so cruel to say that "even though [they don't] watch it, [they]can already say it's worse than the current series"
Because, why would something stay on the air for 26 years if it had nothing going for itself.

Reported for underage.

Yes, sure.

I'm an nuWho fan, and I really like him. Sure, the series itself had been awful, but he's still the best of it. By far.

But I liked Rory, so...

Well he's not a cute quirky young man they can fantasize about so I can see where they are upset.

I want the next season to not have any companions at all. They just get in the way.

Rose was an overrated piece of shit.

Tumblr hated him basically for a number of reason

1) He's not hot
2) He's white
3) He's male.

I'm not even baiting, that's literally most of the complaints about Capaldi.

That episode really was the diamond in the turd of that season.

The episode following it gave me chills when I saw the OG TARDIS.

You forgot
4) He's over 35.

They want tennant back because he has sex appeal, even though to me, he started off strong and ended up the worst NuWho Doctor.

Just give me another Donna, somebody who isn't a fucking love interest at some point or ends up having the show being about them. I wouldn't mind another companion who was a good friend.

Don't forget he's old. They complained about that too.

Clara was an overrated piece of shit, Rose was a plot device after she left.

The tone was way too a dark and deconstructive without actually having anything to support it.

Clara staying alive at the end of the season pissed me off to no end.

I think Tennant is a great actor and seeing him in stuff is always fun but ha run as the Doctor is really overrated.

They really are doing themselves a disservice. Early Who stuff is fucking insane, I love it. There was that whole era where the Doctor was a geriatric so they gave him some young punk as a sidekick who killed a Dalek with baseball bat, for example.

Me too, Donna was great. I was kind of excited when Capaldi first started and it looked like they were going to abandon the whole romance between Clara and the Doctor.
Too bad that changed.

Ace, yeah. Everyone knows her, even NuWho fans (like me)

Oh shit, Moffatt finally leaves?

Guy can shit out brilliant filler stories, but he can't handle showrunning for fucking shit.

It's because his run was the one everybody grew up with. I only recently got into Who, and now that I've watched Ecclestons run Tennant comes off looking a bit too fake honestly. I liked the episodes where he got serious though, and the two parter where they face off against Satan was great.
Him screwing over the Prime Minister in the first episode was a dickass move though. She was pretty justified in blowing those aliens up, considering they were saved by a fluke and that episode really drove home that they can't rely on The Doctor to show up and fix everything.

Moffat should have really stuck to single episodes, or at MOST two parters.

6 got really really really terrible episodes

Is he the guy that wrote all those episodes that basically boiled down to "humans are bad, mmmkay"? I used to like the show but I can't put up with that sort of crap.

Was it season 5 or 6 about Silence?

Literally, watch first episode, the one with Hitler and last episode and you get everything that season has to offer.

That fag Russel T. Davis may have been a hack who started romance bullshit and whatnot, but his seasons were at least entertaining with shit budget throughout (most of the time), not to mention Torchwood was pretty decent.

The show ended up being about MUH CLARA. It could have been redeemed when she was killed, but NOPE, MUH FUCKING CLARA

the only reason I don't hate Jenna Coleman for this is because she voices Melia in Xenoblade, who is my favorite character to control, and does a damn good job at it.

No, dude was actually pretty creative with his monsters (Weeping Angels, Vashta Nerada, Silence).

But then he wrote Sherlock and he can go fuck himself or something.

>the one with Hitler
I've been mainly watching the show with my dad whenever I visit him, and that episode was flat out terrible. It introduces a new character then 10 minutes later reveals a twist with said character and was so much rapid shit thrown at you at once it became incomprehensible. We haven't finished the 11th Doctor stuff, but a lot of it feels like hot garbage.

He wrote Blink, which was the first, and best, story involving the Weeping Angels.

They had real potential in Planet of the Angels thanks to the fact they could kill you THROUGH A FUCKING RECORDING , but they were ruined in that same story.

He brought genuinely creative and horrifying monsters to the field, but then he ruins them.

The Weeping Angels are the best example of this.

It wasn't really a new character, it was a reveal that Melody is River Song. Who is Amy and Rory's daughter. Who was Amy's BFF.

Let's Kill Hitler was terrible with one exception, the [art where Rory punches Hitler.

I didn't mind much because Clara gets my dick rockhard but I did notice how everpresent it was.

And, bizzare as this sounds, Supernatural did a "we can't keep doing this, we'd rip the world apart to save each other" thing better than Series 9's finale did.

Moffat has very good ideas for stuff but as a showrunner pacer it's garbage. You really only need Season 5, three episodes from Season 6, and Clara existing to understand everything he was building up to for the S7 christmas bonanza thing. Season 5 felt the best because the arc was actually stretched throughout and not thrown aside. The Crack in Time was fun. The Silence were a great idea and then just shunted away, even if their eventual explanation was actually fantastic.

Still, Capaldi draws me in. He's a fantastic actor and Doctor.

I hated how that episode undid the fact that "They touch you, you go back in time" and made it "They snap your necks" Felt like try hard edgy.

What's sad to me about Moffat is that Season 5 is genuinely my favourite series of NuWho. It was mysterious and had this really cool fairytale feel to it that worked so well. It ended on a really hype note, too.

And then Season 6 and 7 were just awful. What happened?

I know that. But the way they did it was "Here's a new character who Rory and Amy always knew-OH SHIT, It's River" in under 10 minutes. It's like a plot thread that could have been interesting if it had room to breathe.

If his hoodie from last season was available somewhere, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

>What happened?
It became too self aware and tried to be too tongue in cheek.

I would watch the movie if he played Spidey

Season 5 was all right, it also has my absolute favorite Christmas special, Christmas carol with Doctor couldn't have been done better (except for retarded chair part, but it was just like 3 seconds).

Episode with Van Gogh was gorgeous as well.

That too. And, the fact that you actually see them move, which undid a huge part of what made the Angels so terrifying in the first place, and undid the biggest part of their lore.

I get what you mean. Genuinely I scoff when people on Sup Forums accuse shows of pandering to Tumblr (to the overall detriment of a show, at least) but in Season 7 especially it was really noticeable how they were trying too hard to create moments that would trend with the Tumblr fanbase.

If you paint a Weeping Angel, does the paining become a Weeping Angel as well?

I mean, there's an episode that starts with Cleopatra coming with the Dr. and they are on a Space Ship with dinosaurs and Rory's dad came along. That episode was a fucking mess because too many ideas trying to be "LOL RANDOM! XD!"
Thing is, you have to gradually build up to these things, not throw them all at you in the first 10 minutes. You have to earn it, not dive into it.

Yeah, that. Because they did a meta thing where we the viewers were stopping the angels too.

River was fucking insufferable in that episode

>Implying River was ever good

>New showrunner is responsible for 42 and Torchwood's second season final
Hoo boy, season 11 will be action packed, I think. Both of those had me on the edge of my sit (except for Owen's underwhelming fight with CGI death, but overall episode was full of suspense and Owen's death arc was great ride).

If today's Moffatt would've made a scene like this, it would've had Doctor wink at the audience or something else to ruin the scene.

>They made 2 episodes with Space ISIS and how we all need to stop hating each other
>The Paris attacks happened as it was airing

you mean the ones with the opressed SJW aliens?

Only because she was acting like a spoiled brat child because she still was. The season finale with alternate universe where Amy is an authority figure and 11/River marry was far worse.

Moffatt is a huge problem with NuWho simply because he had zero plan after the first season with 11th. Overall a solid season, yet then I think about how many episodes I just don't care about or I'm tired of seeing from that season like the 2-parter with the Silerian (sp?) lizards or when Rory tags along like an upset baby...

The seasons which followed were steadily worse with the occasional good episode like the first Gaiman one with the Tardis getting a human form. By the time the Statue of Liberty is revealed to be an Angel and then no one could pick a solid personality for poor Capaldi's Doctor (which sucks because I really will watch him in anything) has me close to cutting the cord finally.

I would love to go back to an older era of Who like 3rd or 4th Doctor, but that won't happen.

Tennat is my least favorite NuWho run because he was crippled by the worst writing. There was some seriously awful shit in his run, and half of his episodes were pretty mediocre. Eccleston was a brilliant Doctor but his run was far too short, sadly. Smith's run was the best in my opinion, but Capaldi is my favorite as the Doctor himself despite much of his run being not too great so far.

You tell me

Is that Supergirl?

no

Her entire character is basically the tumblr fandom

Imagine him and John Pesci acting out an argument.

I liked when they killed her off

Thank god they killed one of them... too bad the other still lives

same

>Episode with Van Gogh was gorgeous as well.
>tfw the ending
>tfw they still couldn't save him

I must say, I'm watching Broadchurch right now and Tennant is fucking dynamite on it.

>for Amy

I'm still amazed how over the course of what two seasons she went from "nails on chalkboard WTF worst companion ever!" to "Manly tears goodbye Donna"

I always liked her. It's nice to see a companion that calls the Doctor out on his bullshit.

>1) He's not hot
but that's fucking wrong.