Is this still the best Batman movie?

Is this still the best Batman movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

Yeah. It's also still the best comic book movie.

until Lego Batman comes out, maybe

Lord no. They're great Shadow films but terrible Batman films.

False, Red and Men in Black are both better. Unless you only meant capeshit.

Yep

I'm a huge golden age bats fag tho, like 1st 12 issues where he is fucking batshit crazy

People think these movies aren't accurate to the comics but they are just not the modern batman

>great shadow films

So great early batman films? He was pretty much a rip-off of the shadow for a brief period at his conception

No. Returns and the Nolan trilogy are better.

>trilogy
But there were only two movies plus the airplane scene.

>Epic "I don't like thing so it doesn't exist" meme

Grow up.

Yep. Don't see that changing anytime soon, either.

:^)

>only one person has mentioned dark knight

Y'all motherfuckers are hipster as shit

Begins, TDK and Returns are all better though

Batman '89 basically defined summer blockbusters as they are today. I'd hardly call loving it to be a hipster opinion.

Loving 89 is fine, not even mentioning Dark Knight as the obvious competitor for best bat-film is what I was referring to as being hipster behaviour

it's a meme movie favored by reddit

That's because Dark Knight is overrated.
Begins was great, The Dark Knight didn't had enough Two-Face and Rises is only good for memes.

>overrated

Any criticism beyond buzzwords? I thought the film had just enough two-face.

Katie Holmes in Begins is the worst actor in the entire series. The character of Rachel in Begins is preachy and annoying, whereas in Dark Knight she feels like a real person.

Don't get me wrong I love begins, but neeson's Ra's doesn't hold a candle to Heath's joker.

The casting & set design is amazing, but that's really the only notable things about it from a modern perspective.

It did help lead to the creation of BTAS so it also gets points for that.

Still Nolan's trilogy trumps it.

Opinions of an underage b&

For those of us who were alive and not infantile before TDK trilogy was even a thing, Batman was the best Batman movie since...1989

Fuck off newfags

>The character of Rachel in Begins is preachy and annoying, whereas in Dark Knight she feels like a real person.
She's also too hideous to look at GTFO
Nobody cares about the piece of ass in a comic book movie, especially if she's a fucking uggo

Riddle me this batfags. Why are your opinions all so shit?

>Tying the Joker into Batman's origin
>Batman is a killer at the right beginning of his career and doesn't care about justice, he just want revenge.

The costume was good though. I loved the Troika style.

Dredd is better than both. Pull your head out of that rock it's been under.

I love the Dark Knight but '89 is a better Batman movie

I secretly love Batman & Robin, it's shit but it's so much fun to rewatch with friends.

Tommy Lee Jones should have played the Joker instead and Val Kilmer should have been Two-Face instead of Batman.

>the movie where joker kills Bruce's parents is the better batman movie

I think it's a great movie and all, but it's gets a big "not muh" from me.

To each their own

Fair enough, admittedly my favorite Joker is Cesar Romero.

Top tier choice, I gotta go Hamill personally. Probably because he was my first

I'm sorry but nothing can top Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight

for which Heath Ledger won a Oscar award for his performance

Also fine performances from Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman of course, Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent

All other films pale in comparison

Both are excellent choices, but Hamill is my fav of the two. He has the deadly humor down perfect and is a genuine threat while standing far far away from the murder McEdgelords modern Joker seems to be.

Returns is a lot worse in that regard... big guilty pleasure of mine, though. 50/50 Batman/Tim Burton movie.
Batman '89 and Returns still have a better pacing and visuals, in my opinion. The Nolan trilogy ones get boring.

?

'89 and Returns are easily two of my favorite Burton movies. He obviously wasn't very familiar with the source material, but he made it his own. Those movies are worth it for his version of Gotham architecture alone

>Returns

no, it was a weak Batman movie and even a weak Tim Burton film

have you ever read The Shadow?

THIS

Best Batman Movie: Phantasm
Best Live action Batman: Batffleck
Best Batman+Movie: Begins
Best movie (Kino for Sup Forums - also go back): TDK
Most Innovation: 89

89's strength is that it stood on its own and wast playing it safe by copying a bunch of other shit like literally every batman movie since

Why hello there! It seems like you haven't seen my movie!

Objective list

Returns > 89 > Forever > Batman&Robin > Nolan Trilogy

I am eagerly awaiting all the butthurt teenager Nolan fanboy replies.

kek

It is a terrible Batman movie, and a terrible action movie.

It's an OK joker movie.

Yes, and this is the best Harvey Dent

Why hello there action movie with a faithful Deadpool. if Deadpool is so self aware, why didn't he comment on how dreadfully generic the plot of his movie is

because 'dreadfully generic' is my middle name.

I had mean parents as a kid

Not sure, but it definitely had the best joker

but was it really?
All superhero movies are about saving the world and stopping a huge threat, while this one was just a cliche revenge story

It's good but not my top.
I really hated Nicholson's Joker. Not even regarding the backstory or "not muh Joker," I just thought his antics weren't interesting or funny at all.

I prefer Returns, The Dark Knight and Begins to it.

Hamill is a voice actor you autist. May as well stack allthe comic Jokers against the live action too while you're at it.

>while this one was just a cliche revenge story
>just a cliche revenge story
>cliche

what, is it a buzzword now?
It was cliche for a movie but not really for a superhero movie

Thank you. Voice acting is an art in itself, but it is not comparable to full fledged acting, kinda getting sick of the meme of acting like VAs and film actors are the same thing or even comparable as if you try and legitimize VAs, when they already are legitimate just in a DIFFERENT art form

Batman & Robin? Are you kidding? Alecia Fucking Silverstone as Batgirl?

>If Joker had the helicopter show up in 5 minutes like he originally said instead of changing his mind and saying 10 he would have escaped

dummy

My rich relative had a very large picture of that image in his basement, when I was young

Since then I've always associated this Joker with a weird sense of accomplishment and I've always wanted to become like the Joker and also one day have a very large picture of that image in my own house when I become rich

It's a nice movie, I'd say probably the third best Batman movie, but the best one is Batman Begins

If you don't like comics, sure.

Did BvS have "I believe you" from DKR?

Comics and movies should be separate entities, though.

if im remembering correctly it did.

It's still an adaptation. It's supposed to adapt from something.

Begins and TDK are better, they're arguably the best capeshit there is especially if you want something more serious. TDKR is awful though and Burton Bat's is way better.

Yes it did

New Joker is the worst Joker
Not funny at all.

PS. Fuck Batman , I don't care .

Mask of the Phantasm is a better Batman movie.

The Dark Knight is a better movie.

Yes, but mostly because of the Prince soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU

>Joker "disguised" by wearing skin-colored makeup over his white face which is actual makeup, looks like an absolute fucking mess
>Joker has a catchphrase for some reason; doesn't have anything to do with the character or the story, it's just a shoehorned way for batman to figure out that:
>Joker is the one who killed bruce wayne's parents, because the Batman/Joker conflict needed to be personal for some reason...?
>all the Prince music for some reason - doesn't fit the atmosphere of the movie
>Jack Nicholson just acting lik Jack Nicholson
>Batman kills the Joker in the end

No. It's not a great movie. It's every bit as campy as the Schumacher films, and nearly as campy as the 60's show. Except unlike those, Batman 1989 isn't trying to be campy, it's trying to be serious. Batman gets props for being "the film that started it all" and no one can argue that it had a major impact on what came later. But like most films that "started it all" it hasn't aged very well. The is the Great Train Robbery of cape films.

Fuck you. Fuck you for saying that. Jaws defined summer blockbusters. Jaws STARTED summer blockbusters. Batman '89 defined a lot of things but Spielberg is the reason we have summer blockbusters, not Tim "all my movies have the same atmosphere" Burton.

Sure, but Batman was the first movie to be a major summer event in terms of marketing. In the months leading up to its release, Batman was fucking EVERYWHERE, which was unheard of for a movie at the time.

The Star Wars movies and Ghostbusters were kind of a big deal.

I'll admit I don't recall Pepsi merchandising for those, though.

I love the imagery of the movie and Michael Keaton as a shrewd Bruce Wayne works. It's a shade of the character not normally utilized.

Other than that, the movie is too much driven by emotional logic, I guess? The required level of suspension of disbelief is too high. With the Nolan movies, that's different.

But both approaches really don't compare. Burton Batman is his own beast.

I don't like the idea of the Joker being a criminal. I Yeah, I know it's what Joker was for most of his existence, but I prefer the post-Killing Joker interpretation. Jack Nicholson definitely got a better costume than Heath Ledger, and I adore him as an actor, but Heath Ledger's Joker was just a crazy guy who wanted to prove everyone else was as crazy as him and have fun doing it.