We saw American Indians in The VVitch

Why were they immune to the witches and their hellish curses?

And obviously they were there long before the Pilgrims.

Other urls found in this thread:

thenosleeppodcast.com/episodes/s5/5x11
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They weren't christian and would've gone to hell anyway. It's like a wasted effort for the devil.

>Why were they immune to the witches and their hellish curses?
Because they used sensible counter-magic instead of praying to some magic sky wizard and hoping for the best

They were ayyliens

indians got their own spooky shit

*tips*

>Because they used sensible counter-magic instead of praying to some magic sky wizard

I don't think anyone has more magic skywizards than Injuns

Because it was ebil Christianity all along. What a twist

This. The only reason the natives died off is because they forgot about magic.

Yeah but theirs were still alive in the 1600s

Every native that tries to become Western-approved ends up dead or insane.

No, it was the sin of pride all along. Not even a twist.

It's a FOLK TALE you morons, meaning it was in fact the devil.

No shit, spastic. He's asking why we saw Injuns who seemed just fine even without living in fortified Christian villages. It'd be one thing if they were never shown but they were so the question must be asked.

>when you don't read the thread and come in lambasting people for being wrong about stuff that isn't even being discussed.

Considering the witch herself is white, she probably came to the new world with other Anglos.

They should do a movie about those indian folklore hags that have their feet on backwards. I listened to a creepypasta about that once it was spooky.

It's more fun for the devil to corrupt repressed puritans

How would the natives deal with that? Would they start making with the smoke signal hunting and ancestor summoning when Satan's whores start fucking with their maize yields?

injun devil vs white devil epic brawl

They also burned witches in their spare time too

>implying the natives didn't have their own witches to deal with

>dig holes and place punji sticks fucking everywhere around the perimeter of the house

>add audible perimeter alarms. Barking dogs for example.

>put up wooden spike fences

>seal the house, board it up.

>get more guns and ammo.

>burn down the forest

Here, I solved your Satan and witch problem. No magic needed.

Got any sauce on that my man

the puritans are the devils

>Why were they immune to the witches and their hellish curses?
>And obviously they were there long before the Pilgrims.

Because the film is style over substance.
Hell, the director is a former production designer, did you think he would write anything cohesive? Dont you think that is a detail a first time feature director would overlook?

They were too busy trying to find food so they wouldn't have to eat each other and become wendigos.

That's a full time job, no time left for devilish tomfoolery.

thenosleeppodcast.com/episodes/s5/5x11 (Story starts at 00:20:05)

Devil L. McSatan: I guess I'll just have to do it old style, then.
*possesses someone next to you while you're trapped in a cage of your own making*

Devil LOOOVES irony like that,

It I think it was "overlooked" because it's a trivial inconsequentialty that's irrelevant to the movie, and the sort of thing only an autist on a Mongolian fingerpuppet bulletin board would bother to think about

Colombia?

or people who obsess over ayy lmao who worships this otherwise mediocre film.

They weren't a cutie pale ayy lmao girl so the devil wasn't interested in them

The Native Americans exist outside the metaphysical framework of the Pilgrims; a framework constructed via belief given form through the noosphere (look it up). The natives inhabit a different cultural 'space', a different instance. They have their own legends, their own sphere. Both cultures can interact up until the point at which their metaphysics conflict. The Native Americans would have been incapable of seeing, hearing or even being in the presence of the witch, much less being affected by her.

What do you mean by substance?

What do you mean by what do you mean by substance?

The opposite of style

Thanks user

FPBP

So you can't have style and substance? Interesting. I guess that means movies like Spider-Man Homecoming ooze substance?

Thanks, Shadow Moon.

it's a very meh script, with somewhat underdeveloped characters, predictable to boot and takes a cliche "human turn on eachother" route that is really boring when you have to spend the next 40 minutes of the film watching religeous fundamentalist playing the blaming game.

It's a script that serves enough as a skeleton to build a film on, but you dont really give two shits about the characters one way or the other.

It's like a horror version of Mallicks "The New World", another fella who enjoys style over substance, but Mallick I can somewhat forgive, I'm still on the fence with this director.

Yeah that's cool and all but can we just turn this into a Anya thread?

it has neither.

No, go to high res if you want that,

Because the Witches where European and came with the settlers...

How fucking retarded can you plebs be?

Sure. She was my favorite Buffy character!

the only correct answer. There was nothing to deceive for they were already deceived.

Your post is very meh, just style over substance

Plus the existential horror of predestination.

everyone was fine, their family was cursed because the devil knew these would be real americans, thus the worst people on earth

It was CORRUPTION

sorry you cant see past your infatuation with the creature from outer space.

>implying I'm not infatuated with Caleb boipucci
Get outta here faggot

>muh script
>muh characters
Go read a book

The obsession with Americans never ends for you people does it?

Yup. Both lives were based on predestination. The normal life was mapped out for her by her family and society, the dark road was mapped out by Whoa, Black Betty Bam-ba-Lam... I mean Black PHILLIP.

Either way, she was used and had no real freedom. The witches lifestyle is just the illusion of freedom.

giv... what?

butter? pretty dresses? what?

>jizz all over Sup Forums for the "period correct" speech and language
>greatest horror movie ever
>tells me to read a book when I criticize the script.

Well your critique was shit, desu.

>go to high res

More like The Same Fucking Pictures In Every Thread.

Oh fuck off

>jizz all over Sup Forums for the "period correct" speech and language

It wasn't correct. People didn't speak like fucking Chesapeake back then. Even 'educated' men in the new world were fucking rubish at speaking english. The only time they would speak that way is in sermons and such. Not in everyday life.

Native Americans were pagans as were witches. They are all the same.

It's the Christians that view nature as evil and thus are afraid of it.

your retort was shit

EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IS SHIT!!!!!

Reee.

So they spoke like us then?

How do you know that?

>tfw when the devil activates your reverse spell card and his monster card is destroyed

shit

Native American Magic.

Actually, public domain personal letters written during that time period. Some of them are even written by Quakers.

Except these people were puritans who were pretty much the only literate people back then because of the King James Bible that they read all the fucking time.

>hey faggots, heard there's a witch or some shit

Because the director is a leftist feminist who is deathly afraid of Christianity and therefore made a movie where Christianity is weak.

This isn't even Sup Forums shitposting, read his interviews.

imbostor!

I doubt it. They must have mixed up deeply early on.

Because only white people have souls to sell.

Colored people can only sell their colored souls to white devils.

You mean like vampires?

God I hate this coming to America trope. Everything from God to Demon has to be explained this way

welp time to go find a skinwalker thread

Sacrifice a virgin as payment to keep the evil spirits away obviously

>burn down the forest
oh yeah. good thinking there Sherlock... use fire to get rid of the devil. You'd just be making him feel more at home

>never heard of righteous fire
I guess all those angels with flaming swords were really demons.

>mfw skinwalkers, vvitches, wendigos, and all manner of other spooks existed but their power was tied to the land so when we clear-cut all the old-growth forests, strip mined the mountains, and dammed the rivers in North America they were reduced to near non-existence, surviving as mere creepypasta greentexts on a Cambodian Polaroid enthusiasts newsgroup

>mfw I actually won't worry about it.

The moral of the story is dont have fucking creepy annoying twins that summon the devil by talking to your goats

Thomasin literally did nothing wrong

Pusy

According to /k/ and /x/ skinwalkers still out there though.

Of course, this is /k/ and /x/ we're talking about.

post more ayy qts

>/k/
>/x/
Ha ha. Yes, what a bunch of joker's. Ha ha. Always making up funny stories.
Everyone should go camping this weekend. Leave your gun and cell phones at home, enjoy the peace and quiet of the wilderness.

If the Devil exists then God has too.

Why didn't he help the family? It is because in their universe, the calvinists were right and God doesn't really care and you are literally doomed the moment you were born with no real way to avoid it?

I seriously can't see the downside of accepting Black Phillip's deal under such circumstances.

Eternal hellfire bruh

mah nigga. Damned savages

Now I want to see a movie about european witches arriving in America and having to fight Natives girls and their spirit gods.

You know GOD DAMN well what he wants, giv to him.

Fugg that's actually very creepy

Virtuous savages go to Limbo. Oh wait no they don't the Pope decided an entire plane of reality doesn't exist.