Eternal Wheel of Time /WoT/ General

So the show has been green lit and going to be made into a TV Show.

Finally high fantasy gets in on the small scree
>dragonmount.com/index.php/News/book-news/wot-showrunner
>Variety and IGN announced today that the long-awaited TV show adaptation of The Eye of The World has finally landed at a production studio with a named writer and executive producer.
>Sony Pictures will serve as the production studio

like 4 hours ago some cunt promised me it wasn't going to be made.

And now it is?

It has no choice but to be shit

>/wot/ general

A grim glimpse into the future of Sup Forums

>what if we took the worst parts of GoT minus the sex and made it a series
>have you heard about Wheel of Time?

this

It will be obvious that there will be black people on it (Just accepti it alredy before they are announced and you'll start being mad).

Which characters can be possible done with black actors from the saga?

I tried reading the first book but stopped about a quarter of the way through. Are they worth reading?

If you gave up so soon then I wouldn't recommend it to you.

tfw you'll never be an Asha'man who forcefully bonds some Aes Sedai against their will.

marry fugg kill

I hate to say it, but Lan and Perrin are the most likely.

the beginning is very different then the rest of the series, but if you didn't the fall of manetherin story or the intro then yea not for you

the cunt admitted he was lying and just wanted to see who he could trigger

Idris Elba as Lan when?

marry Avi (infinite crazy aiel sex with potential for spear sisters joining in)
fuck Elayne
kill Min

I like them all, but if you force me to choose...

who is mat? or talamanes for that matter

>making the blacksmith black
nah Mat will get blacked so him hooking up with Tuon feels more natural

marry min fuck avienda kill elayne
the only correct answer

Marry Min as she seems like someone who could be good company to have
Fuck Avi because the sex will be amazing
Kill Elayne and her plotting scheming ass

Marry Min
Fug Elayne
Kill Avi

Aviendha just never did it for me

WE WUZ WARDENS N SHEIIIT

I would say Perrin is most likely to be black, so that Faile and Berelain can lust after him and the urban market will get their white wimmens.

life is suffering

Talmanes is the pompous white sarcastic noble who paints his face white.
It would be hilarious to see some black actor playing white face actually.
Mat is too much of a Chris Pratt character to be played by a black imo and they are pushing the silent noble hearted badass black characters recently, so Lan and Perrin are the most fitting in my opinion.

This will happen if they change Tuon to be white.

Marry Min Fuck Elayne Kill Avi desu

meh we'll see i'm almost sure mats getting blacked, for the hanging if nothing else

I guarantee it's the same fags that go on /got/

Mat is quite literally Odin in the books. So naturally he'll be black.

generals are cancer

Fuck peasant
marry princess
kill tracksuit

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with Perrin being black except that we're talking about a small village of white people in not-England and adding a black population to Emonds Field would be weird. They'll still do it because muh ekwality but yeah.

I go there to read the vitriol, barely ever post.
I have abandoned that show after S5.

He has motifs of Odin, but his personality is more Loki.

if you think thats what your getting no wonder you made all the wrong choices

Gotta be honest. I'd marry and fuck Aviendha. Tall, tsundere amazons do it for me.

>marry elayne
you fucked up son

he's the god of war and a wanderer and a story teller he's odin not loki

Also a liar and swindler. He is a mix of them.

muh spear-bratha

To add to that, Odin also fucks everything that just barely looks at him.

i'd marry moraine and be her warder

Lol, aren't literally all of the sea folk and seanchan black?

Dude don't forget about Moiraine's epic love story with Thom.

with the seanchan definitely not, their is an argument the noble-born were e.g. tuon, but the seanchan were made up of a lot of races, as for the seafolk eh they always seemed islander to me

Seanchan as a continent spans almost pole to pole, they are described as having a population that are white as snow and black as midnight and every colour in between. The seafolk are also pretty black if memory serves.

That came completely out of left field.

The seafolk are described as tanned, which is understandable since they take off their tops the moment htey leave port. Sailing shirtless will give you a decent tan pretty fast.

the seafolk are islanders or portuguese at the very least

I think the seafolk the colour of japanese tuna fishermen, not nigs.

The actual ooga-booga niggers come with Demandred.

they'll all be black so kill all

>that feel when you will never get daily spankings so you can become the Amerlyn

I really hope Herriett is a giga nazi with the property and won't allow them to change a single hair colour not to mention skin.

Demandred the poor manlet deserved better. He rid us of Gawyn after all.

he should have been taim

harriet is a gold digging whore, less said of her the better

That moment you can't decide wether you should pull your braid or smoothen your skirt, so you become an Aes Sedai and mary a legendary warrior king who fights a lone battle against the shadow instead

obviously the original party that starts from emond's field will be diversified somehow

i guess they'll just make the village naturally multiethnic and act like that's totally normal

Based Mat

There's a dull patch in the middle (esp. book 9).

They're good to listen to in audiobook format.

>Demandred is to Lews Therin as Gawyn is to Rand

Why was Demandred such a retard? Why did he think that Rand would be on the front lines and not, you know, at the Bore doing his job?

that made sense, demandred is ego incarnate

It truly is lad

That reminds me.
Does anyone have the short story of how Demandred takes over Shara and gets the scepter.

Care to elaborete? Never read anything about her that paints her in such a light.

>Demandred is I in the flesh

Ever so humble

>audiobooks
They're awesome, especially because they're being read by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading. Awesome duo, splitting the female/ male narrated parts.

>tfw the show will get cancelled after 2 season
>we will never see Rand hit his lowest point and break his very last rule and melt Semhirage out of time and space

yes its on my kindle its ok actually pretty decent considering the author

Rand 5D chess'd him by showing up disguised at all battles before that. Also, Demandred's 1000 year old inferiority complex fucked him hard. He had a vendetta with someone that didn't give a single shit about him.

>harriet
not really its an overwhelming amount of shit over the years/decades?, starting with harriet being the one who pushed for 10+ books, gotta keep that cash rolling in

Kate reading the Seanchan parts makes her sound like a drunk retard tho

I'd rather see him Onii-sama the last 2 books.

I think she did the slow drawl better than Michael who made them sound scottish - actual drunken retards.

I want to see him tell Egwene where to shove it at Tar Valon. He doesn't even need to break a sweat to manipulate her into doing exactly what he wants, it's just reverse psychology and she falls hard for it all the while thinking that Rand is literally the devil that she needs to be in control of because she sees it as her right. God I hate Egwene.

Did you buy it?
I can't seem to find any links for it and I'm not sure I want to buy a whole anthology for just that story.
>considering the author
What's wrong with Sanderson?
I only read his WoT ending and the first Mistborn trilogy which I really liked (ending sucked though).

Isn't Lan a member of the Asian inspired Borderlands? As long as he's a hunk of muscle, an Asian man would be a good fit.

lan is tall rangy and striated muscle everything that asians aren't

and the borderlands are white people

STOP WITH THIS RACE CHANGING REDDIT SHIT I'M SERIOUSLY GUNNA BOX YOUR EARS IF YOUR NOT CAREFUL

it was in an anthology iirc, I just dl the entire thing, I can't be bothered charging my kindle right now to check, sanderson is simple and the more of his you read the more grating it becomes his dialogue has this quippy shit to it thats just jarring in the setting, i've read mostly all his stuff though and i'll read more so theirs that

borderlands are a weird mix

Saldaeans are bit "Mongol" looking, prefer horse archer tactics
between Arafel and Kandor is "Plain of Lances" where they probably just use mounted units to ride down trollocs
Shienar is obsessed with some Japanese culture things
Malkier is lost and we dont know much about it, could be any kind of weird mix

Also, Demandred recognised a master general with centuries worth of experience as his opponent.

He had no way of knowing it was Mat, the 23 year old.

Their women have little red dots on their foreheads like Indians. Maybe Nynaeve will be our diversity.

>i'd marry moraine and be her warder

You and me both. I think it must be real because I don't experience even the slightest embarrassment saying so.

So it'll be more MTV instead of HBO. If they expect this to be a new GoT they'll be very disappointed.

>didn't like the ending of the mistborn trilogy

You have a shit opinion sir, but impeccable taste. I bid you good day.

yea they all are mixed, the seanchan are kinda japanese kinda british, the aiel are all over the place, all the races are a mix of cultures and then adding in some fetish stuff Jordon invented

That's the thing. All his dialogue starts being snide, sarcastic or like you said quippy. He's got real trouble writing serious people. In Stormlight Archive he's barely able to write Dalinar's scenes.
I still enjoy it though.

I've every confidence in the "muh whiteness" element on Sup Forums's ability to preserve a bloody arse and find ways to self-generate further anal fissuring.

We've gotten a bit off course. Nobody actually cares about the different countries having different ethnic populations. Fans are rightly worried about main characters being changed for no good reason whatsoever.

He is. And they can easily make that region full of valiant blacks who resist the evil shadow so that little white bois in the hood can live in peace.
>asian inspired
That reminds me, the Seanchan have literal samurai helmets.

I know it's in an anthology, curious if you bought it or found it for dl somewhere.

I liked Sazed being the true hero at the ending and how Marsh wanders around for ages as a redeemed inquisitor. I was displeased how Vin and Elend get killed off so nonchalantly.

yes its easyh to read but it gets really irritating and I did not want that in my wot, but like I said that short sotry about the Bao or w/e is pretty good and now that I think about it theirs a minimum or maybe no quip shit, seriously his dialogue by and large sucks ass

I said I dl it

Lan can be Asian, but Andor better have a overwhelmingly white population, as befitting medieval not!England.

Locke Lamora movie when?

First book is definitely suited to being a movie with the pace that it moves at.

>Lan can be Asian

DIE SHILL DIE

Can't wait for pirate waifu being drowned in horse piss.

nah they'd fuck it up, that city they live in would need a larger budget then every show currently airing combined

So are they going to make 20 seasons of that shit?

fuck you, buddy

I admit, listening to the audiobooks, Lan was Mads Mikkelsen mixed with Aragorn in my mind.

I wouldn't care if Lan was Asian or Black or incorporeal as long as they pick an actor who can pull off the whole silent menace deadly grace thing.

no kill yourself your a shill

>maybe i can sway them to have some jap flavour as one of the main characters

fuck off and die

Can't wait for them to fuck it up and cast some handsome chad to play Locke and then cast Rose Leslie as Sabetha and have her say "You know nothing, Locke Lamora," before tsundereing off into the sunset.

They are asian inspired. I wouldn't be too bothered if he was asian, but would prefer mixed or completely white. That cover is shit.

Why should we even care or argue about any of this? We all know it's going to be shit and nothing like the books.

see Sony paying you well mate?