A TRVE ROME THREAD FOR TRVE ROMANS

A TRVE ROME THREAD FOR TRVE ROMANS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dh9HI4eudR8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God Polly walker was so hot in that show

Were there people this fat in ancient times?

>living in the degenerate decline of another republic

MY NIGGA

GAIUS
JULIUS
CAESAR

I still fap to her scenes from the pilot

why was vorenus such a cock all the time? I like him but he acts like he is so disciplined and superior but always eventually breaks and betrays himself. poor dude had so many ups and downs but he remains this semi-douche throughout

>cucked by a brown dude w/ brown wife
>too good to be a butcher so becomes murderer
>too good to be a murder so becomes senator
>goon boss
>soldier in too many conflicts to count
>refuses prime gypto cunny

He's just trying to be everything he's taught is virtuous but remains a flawed person like anyone else.

>not prime Indira Varma

>not cleopatra

There are too few short hair qts around nowadays

Season 1 was great.

Most of season 2 I still enjoyed but towards the end felt rushed, didn't like how quickly it progressed and some parts felt weird. Obviously this was because it was gonna get cancelled.

This is all GoT's fault I take it.

I fapped to her bush more times than I care to recall.

All subpar when compared to Polly Walker

>youtu.be/dh9HI4eudR8
this terrifies and confuses the Roman

HE WAS A CONSUL OF SCOOBY-DOO!

Thought it was the same person for a while.

Based Pullo

>13
>13
>13

words fall from his mouth like shit from ass

there are plenty of men though faggot

Erkan pls go,

But they are men. They have man faces and penises

yes
it was seen as a sign of prosperity and wealth to get fat

best mommy on tv OF ALL TIME

I will say, after watching Spartacus I found myself wanting more from the banter/cursing in Rome

> no gods inserting cock in ass

>I will say, after watching Spartacus I found myself wanting more from the banter/cursing in Rome
Yeah, Rome didn't have enough slo-mo snyder action scenes either. oh wait, no, those sucked, nvm.

Actually kind of interesting thing, re: those wacky insults in spartacus. While Rome is generally the better researched and more realistic portrayal, the Spartacus creators went to some lengths constructing the speech patterns of the various characters to mimic the different dialects of latin they would have spoken. The slave characters use a simpler vocabulary and sentence structure, while the nobles' speech is more elaborate. Battiatus sounds so distinctive because, while he's using English words, his grammar is patterned ancient sources. And the romans actually left a fair amount of graffiti, so we have a decent idea of how they (verbally) threw shit at each other.

S1 was kino.

The only problem was too much focus on Vorenus/Pullo when you had god tier political drama going on.

Is he fucking DABBING? Jesus Christ HBO.

He's trying to be a practitioner of stoic philosophy which was catching on back in the day. It wasn't uncommon to come across ppl like that and it was totally accepted to kill an adulterous whore wife

Until she got fat in the second series. I went full Indira after that.

Is it conceivable that someone could get that morbidly obese during that time?

What is the goat scene lads
>He refuses to meet me
or
>THIRTEEN

S1s biggest flaw was making Cicero look like a beta cuck when in reality Cicero was one of the most based romans of all time

>I found myself wanting more from the banter/cursing in Rome

>I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

>I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.

>II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8767: Floronius, privileged soldier of the 7th legion, was here. The women did not know of his presence. Only six women came to know, too few for such a stallion.

>III.5.3 (on the wall in the street); 8898: Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog

>V.5 (just outside the Vesuvius gate); 6641: Defecator, may everything turn out okay so that you can leave this place

>VII.9 (Eumachia Building, via della Abbondanza); 2048: Secundus likes to screw boys.

>roman times
> not finding a bare assed boy who yet has hair come to his visage

Removeplebian

I doubt a plebian like him would get his hands on enough food to get that big. Just a minor detail tho.

>THIRTEEN
but i also liked in the scene in the second season when octavian btfos his family and mark antony at the dinner party

>Snows always melt
>HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROME
>Only tyrants need to fear tyrant killers

And the GOAT of GOATs was the assassination obvs

Battle of Alesia > all other battles

Also if you don't watch the "Historia Civilis' series on youtube you are missing out.

The best part of the show was that they built up Antony to be this master of asskicking that when he saw the senators kill Caesar you knew shit was going to go down. Then season 2 budgeting happened

Hello im posting best boy.

How does one become so fat in Roman times

you ever watched "Baz Battles"? he started off with some obscure eastern European voice over then swapped to a voice actor. pretty production value good too

They need to a prequel to Rome. Maybe start at Clodious vs Milo and the founding of the first triumvirate. Need me some Cato vs Reformist action on the senate floor.

Yes that channel is very enjoyable if you like the subject matter.

faceblind
autism
kys

I like how he just backed off slowly, and later kills Pompey's bastard like he was swatting a fly.

>Baz Battles

No I haven't but thank you for the suggestion!

>Then season 2 budgeting happened

Season 2 had the bigger budget. Compare the Battle of Phillippi (literally thousands of legionaries) with the Battle of Pharsalus (Ken Cranham drawing diagrams in the dirt.)

what's going on with your spacing there lil buddy

PARTY ROMANS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Superior Rome show

if you're rich yeah
newsreader aint no plebian
upper etruscan class or even a patrician I would expect

SQUARES

F
I
G
H
T
I
N
G

That scene where he's fucking that peasant while his troops are waiting for him. Genius

I sometimes wonder how that woman's life turned out. Did she get pregnant? Did her husband find out?

It's so good because it's like half rape she probably had no choice but consented begrudgingly

>he pronounces ceasar like see-zer
ruined my immersion

he is somewhat cowardly in the show, but still very based. he also takes is death as well as anyone could, but i think that was S2.

>Guy shows up at your door with 1000 soldiers at his back
>You're free to say no wink wink

it's rape 2bh

I mean yeah it was rape, not irreversible rape though. It was more comical as the woman appears to be only slightly irritated.

This thread makes me nostlagic. Now I want to rewatch that kino. Also fuck got for getting this show cancelled.

probably routine back then

I hope one day we get a series about the Late Empire that portrays it as authentically (not necessarily accurately) as Rome portrayed the Late Republic

yes, later they became todays americans.

Romans, funnily enough, feared being perceived as "doughy" almost as much as they feared being perceived as betas. There are multiple writings from sources lamenting pudginess and combating it by being a hardened Roman man.

>documentary about Constantine
>reenactors in Lorica Segmentata
>documentary about Attila
>documentary about the Fourth Crusade
What do they mean by this?

that the average american media consumer is incapable of realizing rome had distinct periods with differing aesthetics.

BBC couldn't keep up their half of the budget, which wasn't helped by on-location filming and massive set pieces.
GoT gets away with it because it became runaway popular with normies with more casual-accessible memes like Da Norf Remembas and shit.

What really pissed me off about Rome, the only thing I think they fucked up, was Antony's death.
He was told Cleopatra had killed herself, so he stabs himself in the stomach. Doesn't die immediately, so he's just bleeding out in terrible pain, moaning and bitching.
So Cleopatra hears about it (she's in hiding, of course; probably planned on ditching Antony and trying to whore up to Octavian) and has him brought to her and fakes some wailing (as if she didn't plan on ditching him.)
He orders some wine, downs it, and dies.
Admittedly, Cleopatra crying to the cold corpse of Antony on the throne was pretty entertaining, but you can't write any better than the truth.

Who here /Marcvs Tullivs Cicero/?

Being a pleb had nothing to do with your wealth and power by the end of the republic. Augustus was literally a pleb

She looks like an Arab or Paki

dabid tapped that, he fucked up dorne plot just to cast her smdh

He is a traditional Roman who was too pure for this world.

wtf ancient people knew about the Hill-dab?

>She should be careful, people often choke on oysters

She's racially ambiguous. I bet she's indian or half brit/half indian or something, but she looks more or less mediterranean, and being married to a freedman her character could literally descend from semitic slaves or some shit.
Note how Lucius Vorenus is blond haired, blue eyed son of a son of a slave; it's pretty obvious his ancestors were Gallic, and yet he's as TRVE ROMAN as any of the mongrel rabble of the underclass he lives amongst.
Rome was the first melting pot, thanks in large part to slavery.

Vorenus was not the son of a slave. His father's people raised horses in Utica. He was a Roman citizen from a humble but honorable family.

Ah, okay.
Well, Utica was a Carthaginian city for a long time, and then surrendered to Rome during the third Punic War.
It is located in modern Tunisia.
My guess is that he, with uncharacteristic of Roman looks blonde hair and blue eyes, descended from some non-Latin gallic people who were conquered/enslaved during the earlier era of the Republic and whose ancestors managed to build themselves up from that as horse farmers or whatever.
Or maybe his ancestry is Carthaginian in nature, but blonde hair and blue eyes can only come from Gallic or Germanic ancestry - though the Scythians were noted by the Achaemenids to be diverse in hair, eye, and skin color; this is likely because as steppe peoples, they took a lot of diverse rape-ables in their nomadic wanderings. But I digress.

It's Mutina, not Utica

How accurate is this show? I've heard a lot of good things about it

100% accurate to what Rome was actually like.
10% accurate to what the main characters were like and what actions they actually took in real history.

even HBO said they regretted canceling the show just because of costs..probably why they push GoT so much since it is sort of Rome's 'successor,' although still inferior in a lot of ways

Instead of greenlighting 50 GoT spin offs to start after GoT ends, I wish theyd just continue Rome (covering a different period) instead.

or maybe the actor is just blonde

Cicero died fairly manly, stood on his principles, was a man meant the words he said.

Brutus was a little bitch boy that betrayed a life long friend so the mass corruption of the senate could continue.
Tried to die a man only when he had no other option (ran like a bitch boy until he was cornered). Fuck brutus.

>and trying to whore up to Octavian
well she also tried that in the series

key word being "tried"

Is this show any good?

to be fair, that was simply true to history
>"There is nothing proper about what you are doing, soldier, but do try to kill me properly."

this. the effort they put into making Rome as faithful to history as possible seperated it from all other 'sword and sandal' media by making it feel like you're actually seeing Rome in action..
Yes, the main characteris actions are different, but I'd like to think what was recorded in history about them also was embellished, so it can be excused..

they kept it as close to history as possible while changing things to fit the medium..you cant get anything more realistic in a narrative sense...
if you want a more historical version, youd have to watch a documentary

>but I'd like to think what was recorded in history about them also was embellished
Very likely true, that said the end of the republic is the period in history prior to the invention of the printing press we have the most first hand sources on.
And especially the second season glossed over a lot of history due to being compressed so badly, even parts that were simple facts

M-mummy

all of this makes me sad that it ended quickly..
the creator's plans make it sound like the next couple season would have been even more badass:
> Of the storyline, Rome's co-creator Heller says: I discovered halfway through writing the second season the show was going to end. The second was going to end with the death of Brutus. Third and fourth season would be set in Egypt. Fifth was going to be the rise of the Messiah in Israel. But because we got the heads-up that the second season would be it, I telescoped the third and fourth season into the second one, which accounts for the blazing speed we go through history near the end. There's certainly more than enough history to go around

eh, the second season could have easily been split up into 3 separate seasons without losing any bit of quality due to the sheer number of things that happened during that period, but aside from that you're right

that said you do have to remember that all the female characters in the series (aside from Livia, who had very little scenes) are basically made up by the showrunners and in no way resemble their historic counterparts

>messiah in Israel
God that would have been interesting to watch..

>the creator's plans
That is literally nothing more than his personal pie-in-the-sky fantasy, it's ridiculous to call it a 'plan', yet you fags pretend like it was a done deal.

the fact they had to shove 15 years of history into 4 episodes makes it very clear they intended to go on another season

I enjoyed the first season of Spartacus but after the lead actor died and they replaced him with a new one for the second season it just killed the immersion for me. Should I give it another go though?