Endtown 4-08-16 (08-3-16): Shit just got real, maybe

They gonna die fer sure.

Also, boy this one was late. I hope Aaron's okay.

You're right Wally, and it seems that this illusion will have a smashing ending.

Hey, where is Chic?

It's safe to assume your waifu isn't going to make it.

Guys...
the badge

Call it now, he got lost between the waves of people and Wally and Kirbee will have to rescue him before the building goes down

This can be happening! This is not a dream!

What shade is it usually?

wait no, nevermind, I'm a dummy, it's always like that it seems

At this point I'm legit wondering how any people even made it to Endtown

Well, apparently most of the population of Endtown was brought by Walter when he escaped from the Pep Cola stadium, how the hell he and the other mutants survived the missiles attack it's yet to be seen.

> The badge is going black

Holy fuck this ain't an illusion.

Amesworth levels are off the charts.

>nobody has mentioned that Maude in the 2nd panel

It's supposed to turn white before you get a lethal dose, guys. If anything, the badge itself has become darker over time.

I thought it was supposed to turn white.

Actually, all told it should be changing if a little right now. I guess dittos down do deadly radiation.

Ah okay. Got confused with the film x-ray ones.

ha ha ha

very funny faggot...

Obligatory

No it'll turn out he got on one of the elevators.

Either they'll have to run in after him, fleeing the collapsing room, thus seeing more of the flashback, or the last thing they see is Chic's face disappearing down the elevator shaft before they're forced out of the alternate dimension (discovering the fact it is one in the process). When they get back to Endtown, they find an alternate Chic that an alternate them left behind eight years ago, now grown up and the leader of an underground resistance opposing Jacob, putting their minds at ease concerning what happened to their Chic.

On another note, calling it now: a whole bunch of people are going to jump down the elevator shafts on top of the lifts, out of desperation.

>it's a Kirbee's sharp reflexes save wally again episode.

Or the first wave really was mostly conventional weapons, and it's the third wave that was actual nukes/zero bombs/quantum weaponry (going by memory, think that last one was mentioned in Al ad Gustine's arc).

Actually, they didn't seemed to be right in the place where the rocks were falling down, in fact I think they are going to get hit by one of the rocks in the next page, so they better start running.

>I hope Aaron's okay.

he's fine, he's mostly late because the grey tones of the latest pages, they are fairly detailed and are taking more time than usual for him to finish them, he mentioned up to 8 to 9 hours per page.

i'm just tired of the "Perfect" and "Unbreakable" ditz... she just puts me off so god damn much.

Yeah, but this one was REALLY late. Just hoping that doesn't signify anything.

Oh let's not begin with this, just leave it like that.

that's literally what he told me. so... i hope that really is the case, dont want to think about him getting worse.

So what was Farx's game, stuffing so many people in a cell when the elevators can only take a few at a time? Did the end of the world really come a week earlier than it was supposed to and he expected to have plenty of time? Was that what Aaron was referring to when he said it was a week until the end of the world, and by telling his emailer that he was only telling half of the truth? Or is this Aaron writing by the seat of his pants?

C++ game guy here.

I've been busy visiting family so I don't have much to show for now. Just letting people know that I haven't quit. I'm currently reworking some files for some ideas on gameplay.

I'm open to any questions or suggestions in the meantime.

>stuffing so many people in a cell when the elevators can only take a few at a time?

that was more like Ferris fault desu...

I think that it was mostly for the level of details that this page needed, just look how many characters are in this scene. I also think that the pages are been uploaded so late for the fact that it's summer, like I don't know, he wakes up later than usual? those are my assumptions.

fine, you have to admit though, that's shit gets old fast.

>Ferris
Talking about him, I hope that he has more relevance in this flashback, it would be weird if Aaron decided to kill him off-screen.

Where IS Ferris, anyway? I can't imagine he's just going to disappear...

>one wrong date
>>two wrong formats
Why use a date if it's not in the archival fromat? Why do you even fight about this? It's the only reason to use a date, otherwise it has no purpose.

Than there's the idiot who made the duplicate thread using the small image (who didn't do the right thing and delete it). It wouldn't have happened if they had used the correct one but they wanted their stupid "tradition".

Why are these things still a problem? JUST WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

>I hope that he has more relevance in this flashback
>I can't imagine he's just going to disappear...

this, i was hoping for him to make a fuzz out of taking leadership of the group now that farx is "dead".

why don't you start the threads?, faggot... you don't deserve to use those Jim reaction images.

Good to know that you're still working in the game, so do you already have a design for Endtown? there will be NPC's?

Radiation damping. People are going to pile into the elevator shafts as remarked in and their bodies will absorb the Amesworth and protect the elevators full of the people that Marx actually wanted.

Just as planned.

My connection is unrealiabe as Hell, I can never start the threads because by the time I manage to load everything someone has already done it.

Also I made that transparent image myself. I have all the right to use it, faggot.

>muh slow internet

suck a dick and deal with it then, stop fucking up the threads with your autistic outbursts...

This is the first time I do this out of all the time we've had these problems. You go suck a dick.

>panel 1 under Kirbee
beat the other two to the gate, you sneaky little fucker

why don't you start the threads?, faggot... you don't deserve to tell anons to start threads, call them faggots and dictate what they don't deserve to do.

>y-YOU SUCK ONE!!!

can you be any more autistic?, just stop, seriously...

>why don't you start the threads?,

because i don't give a shit about the date format or the size of the strip?, i'm not the one complaining about a stupid date, you moron,

Why do you even reply if you have nothing to say?

wow, just had a flashback to grade 6

totally unlike you.

>Kirbee throws Wally to safety as the roof comes down on top of her
>It wasn't an illusion
What "lesson" would she be teaching him, Sup Forums?

>do you already have a design for Endtown?
Not sure what you mean specifically.
For aesthetics, I was thinking of keeping it pixelated while using the comic as references.
For navigation of the town itself, originally I was going to have the player move around the town to get to places but given how tediuous that would probably be I'm thinking it should be a town map that you can select locations off of to "zoom in" there.
For the game itself, turn-based squad tactics with socializing is the original goal.

>there will be NPC's?
Definitely, both friendly and hostile. I'm thinking of having some relationship/reputation values with different NPCs (sorta like Alpha Protocol but hopefully less buggy) for more interesting dynamics.

No doubt he's underage.

I never discussed the game before cause I know jack shit bout programming. Just letting you know I am interested in your work.

>says the guy throwing a tantrum over a date format.

So you admit to be underage?

Sorry man for not doing the sprites yet. Been swamped with work lately.

>Not sure what you mean specifically.
Sorry for not being clear with that question, I was asking if you already have designed Endtown like an interactive city or just a map like you mentioned.
Also, does the relationship/reputation thing would affect the story? Like, depending of your level of relation with the characters they can help you in some points of your adventure? It would be also interesting if you let the player the option to be a nice guy or a asshole with everyone.

if anyone is acting like a retarded child is you, just stop it, you are making yourself look worse.

the sad part is they are most likely 19-21 year old men

I'll be 22 in 8 days... why am I still here?

Be on this site since 2003, be 32 and then wonder what the fuck is wrong with you.

Don't forget: You're here forever.

>hipsters and college faggots forcing their "calculated and convenient" dating system on Sup Forums

No

Thanks, man!
I'm always open to ideas if you have them. I can always deal with more programming.

It's alright! Always focus on your stuff before worrying yourself about mine.

>I was asking if you already have designed Endtown like an interactive city or just a map like you mentioned.
Oh, not yet. I have been working with a Great Waste tileset. I hope to show a neat underground town soon, though.
>Also, does the relationship/reputation thing would affect the story?
I have been thinking on this. Given that the current plan is to have most party NPCs be vulnerable to death out on the field, I'm thinking of keeping it localized to the relationship with the player character, party members, and maybe some side content. Some NPCs and their relationships will be integral to the overreaching plot, though.
>Like, depending of your level of relation with the characters they can help you in some points of your adventure?
That, and betray you if they don't like you that much.
>It would be also interesting if you let the player the option to be a nice guy or a asshole with everyone.
Of course. I just have to be careful with such options, though, as I don't want this "saint or devil" dichotomy that some games have.

Suule, you're a faggot. But you're a cool faggot.

>as I don't want this "saint or devil" dichotomy that some games have.
Oh yeah, I was just using those two "attitudes" as example. The last thing the game needs is the famous telltale games "your choices (don't) matter"

The guys at WHM claimed that they liked this comic

>WHM
Who?

I was thinking more of Fallout 3 where the choices concerning karma involve either being a goody-two-shoes or a psychopath.

Apparently giving a homeless beggar some bottles of water balances out slaughtering a village of friendly people.

There are at least a few hundred people currently in Endtown. Not sure how many made it during this first trip to Endtown. Maybe 20-40 if a few elevators made it up in time.

they might be we hate movies...?

not that guy

>22

Hahahahahahahaha........nigga I'm 35!
And been coming here for damn near 12 years. You will never leave. Only hope you have is if Sup Forums shuts down.

Maybe they said in a podcast, video....? that user wasn't very clear.

>Only hope you have is if Sup Forums shuts down.
>implying that he won't just go to another imageboard to start over again

bumpuu

Well, I came to Endtown by seeing all these generals on Sup Forums, I don't know how many non Sup Forumsmrades like Endtown

He is talking about the people IN the comic dummy.

Well, current endtown is like 6000.

They got two elevators in the flashback so that's at least 24 people.

...I'd expect alot of late people.

>On another note, calling it now: a whole bunch of people are going to jump down the elevator shafts on top of the lifts, out of desperation.

If there was only time for one load on each elevator with an average of 12 people (and there was nobody but rats and maybe Mallard down there before the war), then we have a few options:

1. Endtown has around 500 elevators. This seems unlikely.

2. This is an Alt-U and this Endtown is going to end up with a very small population - in the "default" universe there was time to get everyone down there.

3. Most of the population of Endtown arrived after the war, trekking there via the wastes (which leaves the question of what kind of shelter they survived the zero-bombing in... patches of Hillside seem to have been untouched, but in between them there would have been large stretches of irradiated land so that then raises the question of how they survived the trip).

Just look how everyone starts running in the last panel...it's every man by his own.

That's some complex shit!

With that I surprised Endtown isn't populated by mutants that can fly or climb.

It's just a undercooked version of Unity all over again.

It is! That's why you write your .h files well so writing up code is more filling in the blanks than racking your brain.

Endtown has bird mutants actually, just that they don't know that they can fly, remember that we're talking about the town that put together a drama over making a cake with mutant derivated products.

>If there was only time for one load on each elevator

Although kinda a side point I'd like to point out. The shelter is collapsing so that is it for people getting down slower than escape velocity.

Also on side points:
>Be Farx
>Step up 'the zoo.'
>People are crammed in there for weeks.
>The town was finished centuries ago
>Don't send up the elevators until the last minute.
>Literally, there is only afew seconds to load elevators before the room is destroyed.
>Get one load in. Other one might get filled.
>Total people in shelter: 200+
>Total saved:12-24

Greater Good!

>the extra are intended by Marx/Farx to become organic rad-shielding when they jump into the elevator tubes in terrified desperation

Greater Good!

It's ok guys, he is pretending to be retarded

But he does have a point.

Endtown is a ghost town unless there were alot of other shelters out there or people wandering in after the fact like Flask or Wally.

Actually, I guess Al and Gustine would be in one of these boxes if Al was to say he was here at the beginning.

>there were alot of other shelters out there or people wandering in after the fact
Remember that there also the topsiders, I wonder if there's people who deserted in the early stages when they heared of the whole "genetic purity" thing.

The second panel.
Maude made it on the elevator.

4. Aaron has no sense of scale.

Probably.

Also probably got tired of living.

But of course Sup Forums would side with Jacob because edgy edgelord fascism

You guys are so hopped up on classic age comic books that you don't even know what to do

Seems like somebody doesn't want Endtown to be great again

We hate movies did not talk about Endtown you probably misheard them

Nobody outside of Sup Forums cares about Endtown because people are retards this makes me so mad I think all those people out there should be punished for their sins

Nothing drastic, this is just a webcomic, but they should have some DVDs stolen, that would be adequate

Are you feeling ok user?

>just that they don't know that they can fly
What?
you mean that you wake up, discover you look like a fucking bird, you finish screaming and then you don't even bother trying to fly?

Well, I suppose that some of them jumped from a window but not exactly with the purpose of flying...